PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Huge PES fan, never player FIFA but!
I would love to see some news about chants if there is any. Sadly, no one never mention that...
Really good point.

I genuinely put FIFA on the other day for ONE REASON. I'd been to Wembley to see my team (lose :() in a play-off final, and the atmosphere was amazing.

I remembered that in FIFA, you get ironic cheers from the crowd when a pass goes off the pitch, you get team chants (and league-specific chants) that build through the game, you even get unique stadium announcers.

If you had contextual chants too (e.g. English crowds chanting that their team are on the way to Wembley if they're doing well in a cup), it'd be almost perfect.

Something I realised though - I bet licensing affects a lot of this stuff. In some cases it's obvious - Liverpool singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" for example (which is based on an actual song). But every team's chant in England includes the name of the team - because that's the whole point of the chant isn't it...

Imagine if they did PES versions...

"1-0, to the Arsenal, 1-0..."
"1-0, to the London Reds, 1-0..."

"I'm Leicester til I die, I'm Leicester til I die..."
"I'm East Midlands til I die, I'm East Midlands til I die..."

"We love you Everton, we do, we love you Everton, we do..."
"We love you Merseyside Blues, we do, we love you Merseyside Blues, we do... Oh Merseyside Blues we love you..."

Really good point.

"We love you Merseyside Blues, we do, we love you Merseyside Blues, we do... Oh Merseyside Blues we love you..."

I get it, but if that is the reason, why they don't insert chants for all other clubs except English?
Whole Seria A, La liga, League 1 etc have licence.

Also they can insert some melodies that reminds of particular fans songs..
Lik this one for example:
https://twitter.com/TheAwayFansVids/status/848216392214204416

Really good point.

I genuinely put FIFA on the other day for ONE REASON. I'd been to Wembley to see my team (lose :() in a play-off final, and the atmosphere was amazing.

I remembered that in FIFA, you get ironic cheers from the crowd when a pass goes off the pitch, you get team chants (and league-specific chants) that build through the game, you even get unique stadium announcers.

If you had contextual chants too (e.g. English crowds chanting that their team are on the way to Wembley if they're doing well in a cup), it'd be almost perfect.

Something I realised though - I bet licensing affects a lot of this stuff. In some cases it's obvious - Liverpool singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" for example (which is based on an actual song). But every team's chant in England includes the name of the team - because that's the whole point of the chant isn't it...

Not forgetting the "refs a Cunturipa".

Really good point.

I don't think it would be a licenses issue for the most part. Sure team chants would be licensed. But the crowd noises are almost nonexistent on PES. You won't hear noises when you lose the ball, dribbling or that you're counter attacking or you're near the box or when you kicked a wonderful ball or when the GK saved a goal. So many things missing in terms of crowd noises. Also if I'm not mistaken there is no substitute announcer. All those things are huge part of atmosphere. Hopefully those things are addressed on PES 2018.

Who knows why it so difficult for Konami to add snow in the game?

If I recall correctly, before releasing 2016 (or 2017) someone from Konami said that if they were to add snow, it would have to have proper impact on gameplay too ... i.e. they didn't want to do it as an gfx effect only. Priorities I suppose ... perhaps adjusting the gameplay for the third major weather condition isn't that trivial as it may seem.

If I recall correctly, before releasing 2016 (or 2017) someone from Konami said that if they were to add snow, it would have to have proper impact on gameplay too ... i.e. they didn't want to do it as an gfx effect only. Priorities I suppose ... perhaps adjusting the gameplay for the third major weather condition isn't that trivial as it may seem.
How do you think do we have any chances to see snow in PES 2018???

:BLINK:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

As we are dissecting picture after picture the crumbs konami let us see I just want say that the player models and the animations from these two short videos look amazing almost like a TV game. But don't you find that the ball contact and the ball direction on Suarez header looks weird considering his body position and the ball direction before the contact?

To be honest snow is the last thing I would expect to be added in the game, it should be below low priority compared to other stuff like more generic Stadiums!!!

I mean c'mon how often do you see snow matches on TV or with the pitches covered in snow, unless you follow Russian league for example, complete immersion breaker.

Yea i also tweeted but no response btw we have 4 months away from release date enough time to fix the issue otherwise use vpn that i don't want to :RANT::CURSE:
Same thing in Serbia, but still no problem with key activation.
Bought mine on cdkeys.com, global key version and it works normally, no VPN or anything.

That region restriction thing ... is it not perhaps related to local regulations and laws which either forbid or heavily restrict use of micro transactions? At least in case of Serbia?

Chants and snow are the least of my worries right now. Not to pick on you guys, but after all the hassle we've been through these past couple of years, it looks like we're getting a fantastic game this year regarding several aspects of it, and you already want those 'bonus' stuff to be in?. I know it wouldn't suppose a lot of work to add snow effects and chants for Konami, but I mean... is it really a priority for you?.

After watching the Teaser and reading all the pieces of information available at this point I'd say it seems it's going to be more than I had dreamt for PES 2018. You know we will add snow and chants ourselves.

Bought mine on cdkeys.com, global key version and it works normally, no VPN or anything.

Nice to know CD Key works. What region of CD key you bought exactly?

That region restriction thing ... is it not perhaps related to local regulations and laws which either forbid or heavily restrict use of micro transactions? At least in case of Serbia?

Nah, if that was the case, then I couldn't buy FiFA then. And all other games that are on steam.

Yea i know it will work but why i would do that that's my question they should fix this i will wait for a bit if its not get fixed then i have to buy cd key or use vpn.

And buying CD Key is not safe to begin with. I don't trust G2A, far too many people had issues with it.

Hopefully there will be a Digital version in Amazon that will work.

Can, who uses twitter, ask him what are the minimum system requirements?

Because if it will be only directX11 I avoid to buy the pre order... On macOS by wine I can run only directx9 games... and also with a windows partition my GPU for notebooks supports max directx10

Thank

Too early to ask him about that.
System Requirements won't be informed to us until Gamescom, as usual. That's when the Press Release gets out and we know pretty much the whole story.

I wonder if there will be a PC Demo this year (before full game release)?...
I think they'll stick to their policy of not releasing the Demo until the official final game is out there. They've been doing well:

-First, because it prevents people from speculating and modding it.
-Second, because the hype from those who got it day one (this includes the consoles version as well) makes those who didn't get right away, want to get it. So, more often than not (unless you really can't get it because you can't afford it at that time), you end up buying it on the first weeks as well because you can't take watching videos, and reading the usual "The King Is Back" comments anymore. You need to try it yourself. Will power isn't enough here. It's the peer-pressure that kills you.

And buying CD Key is not safe to begin with. I don't trust G2A, far too many people had issues with it.

you can buy digital key (global region) in cdkeys.com.
I started buying there since fifa 14 (4 year ago) until pes 2017 all safe and good

G2A is 100% trusted i have bought 3-4games and battlenet cards no issue whatsoever just make sure buy from legit seller that's that point.

As we are dissecting picture after picture the crumbs konami let us see I just want say that the player models and the animations from these two short videos look amazing almost like a TV game. But don't you find that the ball contact and the ball direction on Suarez header looks weird considering his body position and the ball direction before the contact?
I just noticed haha, thanks for killing the game for me man. Pre Order Canceled.

They tried to recreate the Suarez goal against Paris St. Germain, this one:

Back
Top Bottom