PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

The most think that i like is SHORT MODEL and mouvements finally not like previous PES short model is unique for all player and it is extra large lool

now you have a Sapphire Radeon Tri-x R9 290x ?? i think it can handle, have the same : )
4K @ 60 fps?
You can get it by either using DisplayPort or using HDMI 2.0 (which I don't believe R9 2xx series has).
So, R9 290X cards used via DisplayPort would likely handle 4K @ 60 fps, while if used via HDMI they won't (I guess) but they will be limited to either 1440p @ 60 fps or 4K @ 30 fps.

The price for the PC version is definetely NextGen...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/592580/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2018/
I just pre-ordered it for 38€ on Amazon (PC). If I'm lucky it's a bargain, in the coming days I see them raising the price to where it should be.
BTW (unrelated), which monitor do you have? I also had a 2011 23" LG one (M2380DF) and I loved it... Now I have a 4K LG TV but my PC isn't capable of 4K graphics (the R9 270X is HDMI 1.4 only and the TV doesn't have DisplayPort obviously).

My two cents.

I ever played pes since the very first iss pro deluxe on snes in middle 90s.

Played Fifa '98 mainly for the "Road to world cup" mode.

So this is to introduce my first point: National teams. Considering that still now a lot of nt are fake, which would be the problem in adding all the nt and set at least for the ml mode realistic qualification to international competitions? Three years ago we never would have seen Iceland in euro championship, simply because it wasn't in the game, like now most of important european, Asian or African nt are missing (thinking about Gabon or other emerging national teams)

I was also a very hard FM player at least since three or four years ago (I'm talking of at least 3000 hours spent on each edition since FM 2014)
Now I don't have so much time anymore, therefore I started seriously to play ml mode in ped. The things I really hate of this are for example the respawn of retired players. Why I should have players like buffon, totti and more others for all time in game and every time respawned as top players? Why can't konami develop a system to generate completely new player to substitutes those who retires at the end of season? I think they have all the instruments to do this. Developing such regenerating system will made every ml saved different from each others through the seasons, and maybe it can perfectly match with the previous point about national teams, and we can have finally the chance to see emerging nations developing season by season, and, why not, maybe at a certain point Canada, Kosovo or any other weird nt could in future compete for the world cup.

Last but not least, to be clear, to me the following is the most important, konami should learn to work with communities. Atm the greatest richness of this title is the big opportunity to edit the game in almost all its aspects. A great milestone that could be reach on the PC version is not the porting from ps4 instead of ps3, not the nextgen nor the 4k, but the understanding of the fact that the only limit on every PC of the world is the machine itself, not the game or its db. So the way the community could improve the game is unlimited. So, they could provide an external editor to modify all the db aspects of the game, to add competitions, leagues, lower leagues to the existing ones, regulations and every thing that could be developed by the communities. Don't made useless any update made due to the release of a new dlc. Work with communities, don't sabote theyr work. It's the most important thing remediate the serious lack of licences that affect this wonderful title.
They can use the steam workshop if they prefer and continue to limit the editing possibility to only some aspects, but I think that the users should have the possibility to edit the game more in depth if they want, and in konami provides official instruments to do this, it would be the most appreciated improvement to this game, more than next gen or 4k.

Last thing on stadiums. In late 90s there was several games on PC or PSX which had modular stadiums. It means that, once developed a certain number of standard stands or terraces of different dimensions and styles, they will be used to build personal stadiums, by adding step by step the different components.
I never seen something like this in the last 15 years at least, and I'm wondering why no-one developed such stadium editing system, which is clearly not detailed, but could be very useful for minor teams

Ok so now I need to decide whether I'll a 4K monitor (24'' or 27''), or that GTX 1080 11GB DDR5... can't get both, and I think my current graphics card, could run PES 2018/FIFA18 at 4K Resolutions with a 4K monitor, without too much trouble. Decisions, decisions...

The bigger the better @4K
I believe my i5 3550, gtx 960 2gb should handle ps4 graphics easily @1080p 60fps. Any minimum requirements yet ?

Really last point about piracy.

Personally I prefer to buy a game that I like or if I know I will spend a lot of hours on it. But really piracy never was an impediment to the developing of a game, in particular if you are already developing that game on other devices. So don't believe to bhatti who said that PC version is a poor porting due to piracy.

Piracy is a crime, I know, but the software houses ever developed new products even when the pirate copies where much more than original ones (I think to 90s when really no one bought any software... Even before napster, when the best system against piracy where the answer to specific question to be found on the manual of the game)

Newcastle win the Championship and get promoted back to the Premier League, Middlesbrough and Sunderland get relegated and now Konami announce next-gen Pes 2018 on PC...
giphy.gif

Personally I prefer to buy a game that I like or if I know I will spend a lot of hours on it. But really piracy never was an impediment to the developing of a game, in particular if you are already developing that game on other devices. So don't believe to bhatti who said that PC version is a poor porting due to piracy.

Piracy is a crime, I know, but the software houses ever developed new products even when the pirate copies where much more than original ones (I think to 90s when really no one bought any software... Even before napster, when the best system against piracy where the answer to specific question to be found on the manual of the game)

At Texas, torrenting a pirated game, movies, tv shows gives you 3 years prison sentence.

Now what will be the system requirements, don't want it to make my pc feel like a toaster

Yeah, good thing this year.. the price is also nextgen on steam in my country.. Almost 80% more than last year..
yea price is same as ps4 and xboxone standard edition 59.99 and barca edition 69.99
I will preorder on steam. More than happy what we have right now just think about modding i think its probably the best pes after long years i hope the port will be optimized.

Piracy does affect sales. Some of my friends actually had to buy FiFA 16 & 17 because there was no crack for this game. So you can't say that it doesn't affect the dev's dedication on PC ports.

Just look at FiFA games now. They used to make shit ports since 2006. And we got a garbage in 2013 [aka FiFA14]. But then they implemented Denuvo and the game became hard to crack, and it took way too long to crack the game, which allowed them to sell the game. With FiFA 16 it became more hard and now there isn't any crack at all with FiFA 17.

Ofcourse piracy isn't the only issue. The number of sales with affect the port too, which hopefully is enough to keep them convinced to make PC ports.

Piracy does affect sales. Some of my friends actually had to buy FiFA 16 & 17 because there was no crack for this game. So you can't say that it doesn't affect the dev's dedication on PC ports.

Just look at FiFA games now. They used to make shit ports since 2006. And we got a garbage in 2013 [aka FiFA14]. But then they implemented Denuvo and the game became hard to crack, and it took way too long to crack the game, which allowed them to sell the game. With FiFA 16 it became more hard and now there isn't any crack at all with FiFA 17.

Ofcourse piracy isn't the only issue. The number of sales with affect the port too, which hopefully is enough to keep them convinced to make PC ports.

No mate, I'm firmly convinced that piracy, which surely affects profit of software houses, doesn't affect the developing of new improvements.

The bad porting on PCs is due to the intent to invest on other device (i.e. PS4) instead of PC. The reasons are different:
1) even if they are comparable to a middle level PC for gaming, the architecture is, let me say, a standard one, therefore there are less troubles about compatibility of devices (GPU for example, Nvida and ASUS works slightly differently each others and this could lead to problems for some titles). A console is the same device for all their owners, my xbox360 is exactly the same machine of every other xbox 360. This is the same thing developed, for example, by the apple: middle/low level standard machine, extremely optimized in order to be compared with high level PCs

2) commonly, a PC is considered a working instrument, therefore most of the pc owners doesn't use or invest on their PCs for the gaming. This will increase the spreading of consoles, even if they are machines of middle level (try to compare the technical specification of a PS4 with a common PC for gaming)

3) consoles are often dedicated to youngster people, while PC (specially desktop PC) now are devices used mostly by the oldest generations (for people who grown up in 80s/90s is more common to play games on PC than on consoles)

4) consoles are affected by scheduled obsolescence, while Desktop PC are not. Let me explain: A desktop PC consist in different parts assembled. Each of this part is subject to obsolescence, but if i buy today an high level PC, I will have a machine that is at the top for at least six or more years, then I can upgrade it only for that parts which are more obsolete. A great change in the architecture of a PC will occur after at least a decade, or something more. In the same time we had the evolution from xbox to xbox one, and the project scorpio already announced.

5) the most important: between biggest software houses (like Konami) and consoles producers, there are in place a lot of written or not agreement (exclusive titles for example), which are made to increase the marketability of different products. From Sony's point of view for example is much better to see a good title on its console and poor porting on pc. More people will buy the console version, then more people will buy a PS4 and then more people will be on PSN. This strategy will continuously feed a vicious circle around the consoles market.

In conclusion, the strategy to not develop PC title more than necessary is a marketing strategy, to feed a market which is definitely weak against the potential PC market for all the reasons above. The piracy, which is a crime and we don't have to forget this, doesn't really affects the investment destination, but surely affects, even if not really much IMHO, the profits of a software house.

Say that games are not developed due to piracy is like to say that movies will not be made anymore for the same reasons, that fashion will not work anymore due to forgery etc.

For example, I work for a Pharmaceutical company, and we too have the problem of counterfeited drugs. In our case, this is not a problem of profit, but a problem of public health and legal defense against counterfeited drugs. We developed our methods to be sure, in case of complaints, to clearly identify what we produced against the counterfeited product, but we really don't care about the distribution of that counterfeited drugs.

Sorry for the WOT :-P

P.S. PES 2017 sold around 240K units in the first week after release. It means (if we take a mean price of 50$ per unit considering that PC/PES3/XBOX360 versions are cheaper) that Konami earned around 12 millions $ in the first week. I don't know how expensive could be develop a game like PES, but considering that omly the PS4 version sold 660K units (http://www.vgchartz.com/game/126531/pro-evolution-soccer-2017/) which means more than 30M$, I don't think that piracy is a really big problem. the real problem is that the same title in 2012 sold more than 3M units, and surely this number is not decreased due to piracy

Last edited:
I'd expect the system requirements to be similar to those of MGS5:

• Minimum:
    • OS: Windows 7x64, Windows 8x64, Windows 10x64 (64-bit OS Required)
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (2GB) or better (DirectX 11 card Required)
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 28 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
  • Recommended:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 (3.60GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (DirectX 11 graphic card required)
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card (Surround Sound 5.1)

Hi my pc details :
Processor
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G630 @ 2.70GHz

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520

RAM
4.0 GB

what should i do to improve it to run PES 2018 and other new games ?

Hi my pc details :
Processor
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G630 @ 2.70GHz

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520

RAM
4.0 GB

what should i do to improve it to run PES 2018 and other new games ?
add another 4 GB.

Get GTX 960 atleast.

Don't know about the CPU though

I just pre-ordered it for 38€ on Amazon (PC). If I'm lucky it's a bargain, in the coming days I see them raising the price to where it should be.
BTW (unrelated), which monitor do you have? I also had a 2011 23" LG one (M2380DF) and I loved it... Now I have a 4K LG TV but my PC isn't capable of 4K graphics (the R9 270X is HDMI 1.4 only and the TV doesn't have DisplayPort obviously).

This is my current monitor: LG M2380D-PU.
So I'll probably get a 4K 144hz one, in August to receive PES 2018 properly. And maybe I'll wait for that GTX 1080 11GB DDR5 price to drop a little, and then I'll get it.

And if your current VGA doesn't have DisplayPort or HDMI 2.0, there's always the chance to downsample. Which the card you and I have, allows. It's not the same as native resolutions but it's something.

I'd expect the system requirements to be similar to those of MGS5:

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (2GB) or better (DirectX 11 card Required)
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
  • Recommended:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 (3.60GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (DirectX 11 graphic card required)
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card (Surround Sound 5.1)

this would be too much.

Back
Top Bottom