PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Maybe, they're covered over the Serie A license, but I'm not a 100% sure.
Much like Barcelona maybe, but the other way around? One game ahs them licensed on a "per-team" basis, the other one has them licensed via their league being licensed.
Maybe we won't have the Juventus Stadium in PES 2018, but if they managed to reach an agreement with the league I hope that all the teams included in the league would be licensed due to it.

Also, here's crossing the fingers for Serie B as I'm looking forward to use either Foggia or Cremonese.

There is a bug during the cutscenes that hasn't been fixed since PES 14.

If you change gameplay speed to +2 then the goal celebrations and all other cut scenes become too fast. If you make the speed -2, the opposite happens.

This never happened with PES 13.

Hopefully this gets fixed.

Well...
Adam finally answered me about the color-palette thing I was worried. Apparently this was all taken from ingame and colors will (thank God!) look actually like that ingame. He told me that I will see it for myself at E3.
I still have my doubts, lol. But I'm a lot happier now anyways.

Last edited:
There is a bug during the cutscenes that hasn't been fixed since PES 14.

If you change gameplay speed to +2 then the goal celebrations and all other cut scenes become too fast. If you make the speed -2, the opposite happens.

This never happened with PES 13.

Hopefully this gets fixed.

speaking of pes 2014, is there any full 16/17 patch for that game?

I don't think they had the full UCL Licensed only in the first year after they got the official license ..
This year, last year, there were missing teams from UCL ...
I don't think they could make a deal with all the participants team this year either, unfortunately. :)

Adam Bhatti confirmed some months ago that UEFA competitions are under contract by PES until 2018-2019, so we will got all them.

It's not about the Champions League license, it's about the missing license for some teams that play in this competition ...
It sucks to have a Champions League without all the teams available.

Maybee, it would be nice the other way around, to have all the teams licensed and a fake competition which could be edited :D Who knows ...

I would be happy, if Konami adds the MLS, even as fake only with original players (like Premier League)
Why can't they add in fake divisions everywhere but that are disabled by default? With random player names and attributes.

So for example, the average Joe sees the Premier League and Championship in England, with proper data. If you go into the game options and flick a switch, suddenly there's two extra divisions. If someone in the community can then be bothered - and we know how devoted this community is, it's insane - then there's a deeper league structure.

(Even simpler - just give us an "add division" button, and let us add teams, edit rules... But this is Konami and it will be a Leicester-winning-the-league-style shock if they ever add in anything like this.)

Why can't they add in fake divisions everywhere but that are disabled by default? With random player names and attributes.

So for example, the average Joe sees the Premier League and Championship in England, with proper data. If you go into the game options and flick a switch, suddenly there's two extra divisions. If someone in the community can then be bothered - and we know how devoted this community is, it's insane - then there's a deeper league structure.

(Even simpler - just give us an "add division" button, and let us add teams, edit rules... But this is Konami and it will be a Leicester-winning-the-league-style shock if they ever add in anything like this.)

That i never understood myself. But maybe they think that by doing so ppl wouldnt be bothered to buy the next series game just for "better gfx and/or slight gameplay changes" since they can have almost everything editing wise?

Dont know.. im thinking because i cant see a logical reason behind this.

That i never understood myself. But maybe they think that by doing so ppl wouldnt be bothered to buy the next series game just for "better gfx and/or slight gameplay changes" since they can have almost everything editing wise?
We could swap teams between leagues and update PES 2017 to have next season's promoted/relegated teams right now, by editing team names etc. to swap them around, and transferring all the players between the teams. So I don't think it's that.

I think it's more a case of...

A) Adding things like this won't cause more people to buy the game - it will only increase the enjoyment of those who would have purchased it anyway - so it's a waste of development time compared to, for example, improving the graphics and causing more purchases based on how pretty it looks on the back of the box (and in screenshots and videos).

B) It gives the impression that they're selling an incomplete game that the community has to finalise for them, and they want to distance themselves from this criticism as much as possible because of how FIFA is seen as the complete product and therefore an "easier" purchase (but people will always say this stuff - because the community absolutely do have to complete the game by adding in team names, real kits etc... BUT Konami's argument is, nobody has to do that, and it's just as good a game without it, so we're not going to discuss editing for fear of scaring off customers).

I truly think Konami misunderstands their customer base - yes, they have idiots like me buying their games for life no matter what kind of a mess they make of it. But PES used to outsell FIFA by being the nerds' game, the choice of the real football fan.

Give us this kind of stuff (with the gameplay), and I bet the sales figures would increase. But instead, it seems to be "let's aim for the kids and the microtransactions" - because Konami's other gaming ventures have proven this to be a big financial success.

I honestly don't think that's the right strategy when the competition has that market pretty much sewn up, and when people (in this instance) are looking for your product to be different, not the same.

Last edited:
We could swap teams between leagues and update PES 2017 to have next season's promoted/relegated teams right now, by editing team names etc. to swap them around, and transferring all the players between the teams. So I don't think it's that.

A) Adding things like this won't cause more people to buy the game - it will only increase the enjoyment of those who would have purchased it anyway - so it's a waste of development time compared to, for example, improving the graphics and causing more purchases based on how pretty it looks on the back of the box (and in screenshots and videos).

B) It gives the impression that they're selling an incomplete game that the community has to finalise for them (but people say that anyway - because they do - because they add in all the real team names, kits etc...).

I truly think Konami misunderstands their customer base - yes, they have idiots like me buying their games for life no matter what kind of a mess they make of it. But PES used to outsell FIFA by being the nerds' game, the choice of the real football fan.

Give us this kind of stuff (with the gameplay), and I bet the sales figures would increase. But instead, it seems to be "let's aim for the kids and the microtransactions" - because Konami's other gaming ventures have proven this to be a big financial success.

How much development time you'd lose by implementing this? Im a dev myself and i truly believe it's easy doable without neglecting other development aspects. I strongly believe they just dont give a f..k, they're lazy and as you said already, people still buy this game (at least veterans, not youngsters).

In fact, we all saw in the past years they are faulty in so many aspects specially when comes to promote this game. Sad because this game had always such HUGE potential compared to his evil twin that looks like a beautiful woman that drives you crazy until you get to know her and the beauty fades away.

You said they focus on microtransactions. Yes, because this is the trend. A perfect way to milk more $$.

It would be pretty much impossible to make this work in Master League. Master League saves already start breaking when you add a few teams to Other Teams (Europe).

You said they focus on microtransactions. Yes, because this is the trend. A perfect way to milk more $$.
To their credit, to analyse the information they've given us so far (i.e. Adam's tweets and that "Big Seven" PR piece), they've not mentioned myClub, and I was expecting them to focus almost entirely on that (also, Master League gets a mention, which isn't monetised in any way).

But, Adam has tweeted something along the lines of "now we can concentrate on the graphics", and the PR stuff is largely about that - and great graphics will sell your game; look at EA converting FIFA to Frostbite, arguably at the expense of the gameplay, and selling more copies than ever before.

(But again, a lot of their fanbase - particularly the YouTubers who they give early copies of the game to - have said to Konami, "the gameplay is great, make the graphics better". Just a shame it's those guys who get listened to.)

It would be pretty much impossible to make this work in Master League. Master League saves already start breaking when you add a few teams to Other Teams (Europe).
Not if the ML "world" (the database) is baked into your ML save. Future edits wouldn't effect it, then. They could do it - it's just not a priority and never will be for the reasons I've gone into above.

B) It gives the impression that they're selling an incomplete game that the community has to finalise for them, and they want to distance themselves from this criticism as much as possible because of how FIFA is seen as the complete product and therefore an "easier" purchase (but people will always say this stuff - because the community absolutely do have to complete the game by adding in team names, real kits etc... BUT Konami's argument is, nobody has to do that, and it's just as good a game without it, so we're not going to discuss editing for fear of scaring off customers).

I honestly don't think that's the right strategy when the competition has that market pretty much sewn up, and when people (in this instance) are looking for your product to be different, not the same.

I think the first answer might be more realistic, though I can't imagine it being anymore resource intensive than say adding snow.. But rather I think it's just because Konami just overlook things that a minority of fans would enjoy.

Every year, EVERY YEAR I want Konami to fix the African & Copa America tournament formats to be group stage like in real life, there's enough teams in the game & we can have a group stage in the Asian Cup, so WTF? What's the explanation for the inconsistency? Like you said, give us an option to customise, Surely couldn't be that much bother?

Not if the ML "world" (the database) is baked into your ML save. Future edits wouldn't effect it, then. They could do it - it's just not a priority and never will be for the reasons I've gone into above.
That's not what I meant. The whole player and team database structure is not intended to be extendable at will. The game already runs into problems when fixtures and transfers for added teams need to be simulated in Master League.

KONAMI would need to rebuild all of their databases from scratch, and then they would need to make sure that correct league and cup fixtures are generated for leagues with 2-30 teams, they would need to make sure that the qualification criteria to international cups are adapted to the number of leagues, they would need to make sure that promotion and relegation work correctly when there are parallel lower-level leagues etc...

It would take too much time to implement and debug this feature in my opinion.

Well, there is a free OF editor ingame...
a very limited one, and they even made it more limited by removing the good face scan option.
It takes ages to edit compared to the tools people make for them without being paid. And instead of making it easier for these great people to make those tools for free they encrypt the option files and we have to wait months before getting those tools.
Really Konami, abandon all the licences if you want, just release tools and we take care of the rest.

Back
Top Bottom