PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Guys, don't let you be fooled by konami, I tried both versions and they are NOT the same. Gameplay on PS4 is way more smooth, like its ANIMATIONS, they want you to be believe it's the same but believe me it's not.
Just try the PS4 version after you played for a while on PC.
Another bad point, ONLINE, it's absolutely not comparable between the two platforms, PS4 is so smooth while on PC is almost impossible to play without lag (and input lag compared to PS4), I've not been able to make a single match without the bars popping out on the screen (Ethernet, 200 MBitD, 10MBitU and 16 Ping).
Having said that, they improved PC a lot, graphics are awesome and everything, but gameplay...
Make sure you are not fooled by them and check both versions if you can.

I play on the highest settings and I want to clearly say that problems this game has are not hardware related.

Question: Anyone here has tried both versions?

PS:Just to clarify again, this is my opinion, I respect you liking the game as I'm liking it as well (graphically), only saying there's still something wrong with the gameplay.

I have been crazy enough getting this on PS4 AND PC.

Until there is a good OF out (with 2nd Bundesliga) I'll play some myclub stuff.
On PS4 best I got was Modric.
Last night I tried the PC version and got Ronaldo.

All online matches on PC were lag free. However I'm having the same problem as one of you:
After the 2nd or 3rd match in a row the PES Window closes and hides in my task.
ALT + TAB doesnt work as its stuck. I hear the sound but cant close the game...nothing.
Only help is to reboot the comp which is fugly when you are in the middle of a game and your opponent thinks you are a quitter....happened only when I was losing...lol.
But I'll surf the net to find a solution.
My graphics driver isnt up to date and maybe playing in windowed mode might help.

All I can say is:
This game is so great that I am craving to play it when I dont have time.
Even I was losing, I had so much fun playing!

Put everything on high and it looks awesome and plays fluid...will try DSR next time.
My rig:
i7 4930 K (3,4 GHz)
8 GB RAM
Sapphire ATI RADEON 290 OC 4 GB VRAM
WIN 7 64bit

Cant wait to mod the shit out of this beauty.

Finally a great football game again!
Someone said here that Bhatti stated they wanna focus on stuff OFF the pitch next year?
I'm totally down with this as this base is great! This will be a great PES year!

I dont know my steam ID right now but if anyone of you wanna play some full manual matches, I'm up.
Lets start a thread with all them IDs.

Have fun playing lads ;)

Hi all i just grabbed this game for the PC and have a few questions:

1. Is there any advanced graphics settings i can use and tweak? On the default settings.exe it only gives me the ability to say what frame rate i want for in game and replays/demos? the choices are 30 and 60fps?
  2. Is there an option file out now i can use that has proper kits and names?
Initial feedback about the Game:

The framerates seem jerky? It says in fraps that its on rock solid 50fps(it should be 60fps?!?!?) yet it feels as if im playing at 30fps or below?

Other then that, the gameplay seems good so far
Did you already try the settings-app? You can find that via C:\Program files X86\steam\steamapps\common\pro evolution soccer 2018\settings
I hope it helps :)

It's not like We had 3D grass on Free Kicks before. But the real reason it looks ugly is because of the texture that looks like it's drawn using good old MSpaint [RIP MSpaint it will be removed from future update of Windows]. So when 3D grass is not visible, we can see the ugly texture closely and it looks so flat.
I knew it was always like that but since PES 2018 on PC is supposedly a "better" version I expected it to at least have actual grass lol. Such a shame, FIFA had actual grass since the ps3/360 days. Is there really no one that points such things at Konami? This is crazy lol.

Even if we get to be able to change the texture it will still look flat. :(

At least you guys can have all your issues fixed by the community. Wish we had that.
You mean the grass issues? I don't think anyone can fix it except Konami. (I looked for such mod on PES 2017 an never found one.)

I knew it was always like that but since PES 2018 on PC is supposedly a "better" version I expected it to at least have actual grass lol. Such a shame, FIFA had actual grass since the ps3/360 days. Is there really no one that points such things at Konami? This is crazy lol.

You mean the grass issues? I don't think anyone can fix it except Konami. (I looked for such mod on PES 2017 an never found one.)
Ah ok. I usually see PC games modded to 7th heaven. Anyway. At least you get the other stuff modded then :p

FiFA 08~FiFA 17 On Ps3 don't have 3D grass in cutscenes or Free kicks. It shows up only in instant replay [and Replay incase of FiFA 08~11]. So it's not like they had 3D grass.

But yeah, Road To World Cup 2006, World Cup 2006 had 3D grass.

PES 08~13 didn't had 3D grass during replay either but the grass texture was good enough to make it look 3D. 3D grass i PES 08 was great tbh.

Funny thing is, FiFA 2005 on PC had pseudo 3D grass that worked so well:

fifa20052014-05-1219-20-27-94_zpsc57117c4.png

In that picture of FIFA above it looks like the ball is not IN the grass, but on top of the gras :D
Yeah, cause it's fake 3D grass. But atleast it's something. Too bad FiFA 06, World Cup 06 and 07 pc never had it and looked flat like PES 18.

Nevertheless, having atleast that pseudo 3D grass in free kick in PES 18 will make it look acceptable.

I see I'm not the only one got the Standard version from CDKeys when I bought the Premium Edition.

[PREMIUM EDITION]
A special edition version dedicated to FC Barcelona and PES fans! Get exclusive content for myClub associated with the club!
• 1x FCB Special Agent
• 1x FCB Legend Special Agent
• 1,000 myClub coins

In addition, the STANDARD pre-order items will be included:
• 2x Premium Partner Agents for myClub
• UCL Agent for myClub
• Usain Bolt for myClub

+ bonus myClub content:
• 4x Start Up Agents
• 1x Partner Club Agent
• 10,000 GP x 10 weeks

With this I think I don't need say anything more, there is only 2 versions in PC, Premium and Standard, I already claimed to CDKeys, waiting the answer...

I bought the premium edition from steam and in my library it shows the below. I only bought the premium because it was the price as the standard. I don't play freemium mode but if some one points me in the right direction I can check if I got the extras. If not then it seems its a konami issue not cdkeys
upload_2017-9-16_12-8-35.png

With this I think I don't need say anything more, there is only 2 versions in PC, Premium and Standard, I already claimed to CDKeys, waiting the answer...

I already complained and got an answer. They claim it's the premium version and every bonus DLC should be there. However, they did refund me 20% of the price. I would prefer to have Maradona though. :II

I bought the premium edition from steam and in my library it shows the below. I only bought the premium because it was the price as the standard. I don't play freemium mode but if some one points me in the right direction I can check if I got the extras. If not then it seems its a konami issue not cdkeys
View attachment 1196

I have that DLC too, check if you have the extras for the premium.

Guys, don't let you be fooled by konami, I tried both versions and they are NOT the same. Gameplay on PS4 is way more smooth, like its ANIMATIONS, they want you to be believe it's the same but believe me it's not.
Just try the PS4 version after you played for a while on PC.
Another bad point, ONLINE, it's absolutely not comparable between the two platforms, PS4 is so smooth while on PC is almost impossible to play without lag (and input lag compared to PS4), I've not been able to make a single match without the bars popping out on the screen (Ethernet, 200 MBitD, 10MBitU and 16 Ping).
Having said that, they improved PC a lot, graphics are awesome and everything, but gameplay...
Make sure you are not fooled by them and check both versions if you can.

I play on the highest settings and I want to clearly say that problems this game has are not hardware related.

Question: Anyone here has tried both versions?

PS:Just to clarify again, this is my opinion, I respect you liking the game as I'm liking it as well (graphically), only saying there's still something wrong with the gameplay.

I can't speak for everybody. I can only speak on my own behalf and my own experience.
Before anyone can jump into conclusions about whether what you stated here is true or false, we should all play PES on the same PC you played it. With the same exact settings. Then play it on PS4, with the same exact TV you played it.

Because, as you may know, 'smoothness' on games depend A LOT your system specs (in the case of PC gaming). And even if you have the best hardware in the market, if you haven't set everything properly, you still may experience jerky, laggy, stuttery gameplay. Not just in PES. While, consoles depend very much on which TV you are using, how is the input lag of that particular TV, how many Hz, does it have a game mode, did you add any extra fancy features like noise reduction or True Motion (LG) which can also create extra input lag, etc.

If you read the last couple of pages in here, there are some people who were having problems getting PES to run smoothly, even though they thought they had everything set up correctly.

Being kind of computer savvy myself, I usually don't face this kind of issues because sooner rather than later I end up figuring out how to set everything to get the best Quality-Performance relation out of a game.

So to sum up, console gaming and PC gaming will never feel exactly the same, on any game.
But I am 100% that both, gameplay and graphics are better on PC, for PES 2018. You just have to know how to get that from your system.

I have 2k monitor 144 hz gsync. To run the game extremely fluid i needed to put 60 hz turn off gsync and turn on vsync.

Did you try using RTSS to lock FPS to 60? That way you don't have to turn off Gsync.

I didn't have to to turn G-Sync off, nor use any extra software like RTSS to set anything.
This is pretty much all I did for PES 2018 on my Nvidia Control Panel:

upload_2017-7-15_16-26-31-png.974

It's in spanish, but if you need to me to translate anything please do ask.
That image is from my PES 2017 set up, but I replicated it for PES 2018 (I'm not at home, so I took this image from another post of mine, and older one).

isnt the game easier after the patch?

I don't know if it's placebo (probably) or what, but after 1.01.01 patch, I'm getting around 2 fouls per match.
Nice onces too, near the box. Lovely.

It's not a huge amount, but it is something. And definetely most than what I got with PES 2017, ever.

For me the game is running so smooth that I cannot want it to be smootherv. Most of my matches online are lag free , sure there are some matches with bars poping but even with the bars it is not that laggy . So pleae talk for yourself , do not come here saying the game is laggy and etc just because it is laggy for you .

Last edited:
Seems are 3 editions of game in PC, FC Barcelona only on Steam, Standard Digital and Premium Edition, what is the one comes in the Disc Game, this last is the one CDKeys selled to us.

So I've tried online and it was really awful for me back in PES 16 and 17...

So far it's a bit like early PES 15. I was playing myClub for a bit, finding opponent can take a few minutes but there are generally no lags when it comes to match. Seems there's still slight input lag, but it only really hurts sometimes when I'm switching players, and that's somewhat sluggish offline as well so it might not even be an input lag.

Surprising. And really fun :)

Seems are 3 editions of game in PC, FC Barcelona only on Steam, Standard Digital and Premium Edition, what is the one comes in the Disc Game, this last is the one CDKeys selled to us.
This Indeed . FCB edition is diff than the PREMIUM EDITION . Like I said , I got premium from a shop and they did not said anything about FCB agents and Maradona , so I knew what I were buying so blame cdkeys for misleading info .

I didn't have to to turn G-Sync off, nor use any extra software like RTSS to set anything.
This is pretty much all I did for PES 2018 on my Nvidia Control Panel:

upload_2017-7-15_16-26-31-png.974

It's in spanish, but if you need to me to translate anything please do ask.
That image is from my PES 2017 set up, but I replicated it for PES 2018 (I'm not at home, so I took this image from another post of mine, and older one).

Haha, no worries. I've been to NVCP so many times that I don't need English to understand it xD.

Do you know how much FPS you are getting? Cause the game didn't suffer from stutter at 75Hz. So I don't think it will stutter on your 144Hz Gsync monitor unless you drop below 60FPS in which case the game itself stutters due to game engine problem. Cause I tried 50FPS at 50Hz and the game stuttered.

Haha, no worries. I've been to NVCP so many times that I don't need English to understand it xD.

Do you know how much FPS you are getting? Cause the game didn't suffer from stutter at 75Hz. So I don't think it will stutter on your 144Hz Gsync monitor unless you drop below 60FPS in which case the game itself stutters due to game engine problem. Cause I tried 50FPS at 50Hz and the game stuttered.

The game goes from 135 to 144fps. It's on 144fps perry much all the time during gameplay itself.
But during some cinematics (entrance cinematics specially) or some replays, it drops to 135fps.

Of course you can barely feel it at that rate, but it's still bothering me, because I know my right could pull twice as much with no problem.

Edit: this is a semi fix for the white screen crash to desktop issue:

Postet this on Steam, I managed to make the game work in window mode:

Originally posted by Full Manual:
Win 10 (64), GF 1080, i7-6700

Run OpenGL Extension Viewer, check your openGL version. If it is below 4.5, install this: https://developer.nvidia.com/opengl-driver

Open OpenGL Extension Viewer again, and select the profile as shown in picture #2 here:

https://imgur.com/a/T243s?

I just registered to say that my experience is amazing.

Game is running at 1440p, 144hz, 144fps at all times. Online gameplay is totally lag free with no input lag at all!
I have not bothered with PES for years because of input lag, but now it's even better than FIFA online!!

Sorry to see others having issues, but I would look to your own system/setup before making conclusions.

I'm on a Samsung 4k tv, my game stutters from time to time aswell, I'm getting 60fps but can I get any higher? I've a i5 6600k and GTX 980 also

Edit: this is a semi fix for the white screen crash to desktop issue:

Postet this on Steam, I managed to make the game work in window mode:

Originally posted by Full Manual:
Win 10 (64), GF 1080, i7-6700

Run OpenGL Extension Viewer, check your openGL version. If it is below 4.5, install this: https://developer.nvidia.com/opengl-driver

Open OpenGL Extension Viewer again, and select the profile as shown in picture #2 here:

https://imgur.com/a/T243s?
Thx,
just tried it but still crashing. Shall i save anything anywhere after selecting different in the drop down menu of opengl?

Back
Top Bottom