PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

I had to take a walk while it did all that, worth the wait though.Have You done live update for full squads now?

Yeh did the live update,started master league all is good,i did cheat a bit and edit a few players in the team i thought the stats were too low on (Lassoga being the main one)

People having 144Hz monitors wont notice input laf as much as people with 60Hz does. Unless the framerate crosses 144 FPS ofcourse which will cause frame queuing that causes input lag. Even then, its less than 60Hz. Also Gsync monitors wont have Vsync related inout lags at all as long as they are getting framerates below theur max refresh rate.

Now, PES 18 does have input delay to dribbling within the game itself that is not caused by monitors. Only way to reduce that is by increasing game speed (I play on +2 for that very reason).

Now, the ways to reduce input lag without disabling Vsync ( Very useful for low Hz monitors and TVs):

1) On Nvidia Control Panel, add PES 18's .exe file in custom game profile to be able to edit it.

2) From there, set Maximum Pre Rendered Frames to 1.

3) Install RTSS (Rivatuner Statistics Server) amd open it. Add PES 18's exe file to it.

4) From there, set a Frame Rate limit to that of the refresh rate your monitor has and PES uses.

^There yo go. That way input lag caused by vsync is greatly reduced. It is almost gone if you lock FPS to -1 or -2 less from your Refreah rate but I wont recommend that. Its a stuttery mess that way. Fast Sync might help but in most games it ends up stuttering.

These trick works with most of the games. Use only RTSS if you care about Input lag. Limiting via nvidia inspector causes input delay that is same as casual Vsync lag. But Nvidia inspector FPS limiter is efficent at frame pacing (Especially V2 FPS Limiter) so use that FPS limiter if your game isnt as smooth as it should be. Mostly useful for 30 FPS lock since it makes 30 Fps consistemt and smooth as consoles (Not smooth but less stuttery like consoles).

Okay, I hope it helps.

I don't know about anyone else , but the same 1-2-1-2-1-2 chip over into the box or down the wings from every cpu team you play is getting boring to play against. Only difference is the lesser ones, don't finish off the moves with goals well not as many as the higher ranked teams. Would't be so bad if the players in your own team "that your not controlling" who are under AI cpu control do feck all to really defend and cover players .. At times its like end to end shootouts, only made different by passing the ball around just for the sake of possession and to give the illusion that its not a game of cpu attacks with shot and you do the same..

People having 144Hz monitors wont notice input laf as much as people with 60Hz does. Unless the framerate crosses 144 FPS ofcourse which will cause frame queuing that causes input lag. Even then, its less than 60Hz. Also Gsync monitors wont have Vsync related inout lags at all as long as they are getting framerates below theur max refresh rate.

Now, PES 18 does have input delay to dribbling within the game itself that is not caused by monitors. Only way to reduce that is by increasing game speed (I play on +2 for that very reason).

Now, the ways to reduce input lag without disabling Vsync ( Very useful for low Hz monitors and TVs):

1) On Nvidia Control Panel, add PES 18's .exe file in custom game profile to be able to edit it.

2) From there, set Maximum Pre Rendered Frames to 1.

3) Install RTSS (Rivatuner Statistics Server) amd open it. Add PES 18's exe file to it.

4) From there, set a Frame Rate limit to that of the refresh rate your monitor has and PES uses.

^There yo go. That way input lag caused by vsync is greatly reduced. It is almost gone if you lock FPS to -1 or -2 less from your Refreah rate but I wont recommend that. Its a stuttery mess that way. Fast Sync might help but in most games it ends up stuttering.

These trick works with most of the games. Use only RTSS if you care about Input lag. Limiting via nvidia inspector causes input delay that is same as casual Vsync lag. But Nvidia inspector FPS limiter is efficent at frame pacing (Especially V2 FPS Limiter) so use that FPS limiter if your game isnt as smooth as it should be. Mostly useful for 30 FPS lock since it makes 30 Fps consistemt and smooth as consoles (Not smooth but less stuttery like consoles).

Okay, I hope it helps.

Thanks so much for posting this..this has changed the game for me!

I have a 4k 60hz monitor and run all my games with vsync on, when my monitor tries to output above 60hz games don't feel as smooth. Setting the Maximum Pre Rendered Frames to 1 has made the game run really smooth now, it's like the game speed has gone up. I get no lag or input lag at all now, before my fps counter was constantly flicking to 59 or 61fps. Now it stays constantly at 60fps, I've done this to my other games and noticed the difference straightaway.

Oh my...cdkeys.com is really clueless. I sent them an eMail that i didn't receive the Barcelona Edition as advertised, but the normal digital version. They sent me this back:

7fba4f31c09a96beab836c64cb7d99ff.png

What this guy actually means is the loyalty bonus or whatever you wanna call it:
More than 2 players (Lv.30) who have an overall rating of 90 or more must be owned
PES2017-18 Special Agent x 2

They definitly commited false advertising, don't know if it's on purpose or not.
I will reclaim the money on PayPal if they don't send me a new code or something else.

Oh my...cdkeys.com is really clueless. I sent them an eMail that i didn't receive the Barcelona Edition as advertised, but the normal digital version. They sent me this back:

7fba4f31c09a96beab836c64cb7d99ff.png

What this guy actually means is the loyalty bonus or whatever you wanna call it:
More than 2 players (Lv.30) who have an overall rating of 90 or more must be owned
PES2017-18 Special Agent x 2

They definitly commited false advertising, don't know if it's on purpose or not.
I will reclaim the money on PayPal if they don't send me a new code or something else.

I have never seen a shady website rep not named Shawn lol.
Still they save us a ton of money.

Hey guys just got back from work, is live update live now? Will it mess the famous option file we're all using now(kits, team names..)?

Hey guys just got back from work, is live update live now? Will it mess the famous option file we're all using now(kits, team names..)?
You can still use the Option file, works like a charm.
I am getting doubts that the key sellers are the problem btw.. There are so many people on the steam forums with the same problem, even people who bought the premium version directly through Steam. KONAMI might've fucked up again...

Well, looks like cdkeys.com sold normal keys as premium editions. I just started MyClub and didn't receive Maradona, 1000 coins etc.. I just emailed them about it, hopefully there will be a solution.
Hey, I've never seen Barcelona edition on cdkeys.com for PC. I don't even think that version exists for any other platform than PS4.
You must mean Premium edition....Are you saying you bought premium edition from them and didn't get the bonuses?
I buy pes from them every year and they are on my top list of cheap cdkeys, but now I'm worried. :(

I got the game from a shop , on the box it says premium edition , but the shop never listed maradona and fcb for this one because there are 2 premiums and clearly those keysellers were selling normal premiums for FCB + that I have seen plenty of ppl with maradona online guess they got it from steam . And im sure those who are saying they got the FCB from steam and doesnt have the agents and diego are lying on top of that if it is from steam they can ask for refund and buy the Fcb again but they cant .

Well, compare the game on PC (on a good PC) and the game on Xbox One... I've tried both the demos, they're like night and day.
The PC version blows the Xbox One version out of the water...
It may not be a "special thing done especially for the PC players" but you can clearly see the difference.

Well that's due to the fact that PC is way more powerful than consoles, again, nothing special that Konami did. All games look way better on PC. Either way, I am happy we finally got a good game. Just wish they would fix the pitch since it's incredibly disappointing, looks like a PS2 pitch. It's def not my PC as I checked tons of youtube videos and they all look like that, surprising no one complained about it! I tweeted PES, hopefully they will fix it.

On top is ingame (While taking penalties & free kicks), on bottom is before the game starts.
UGCXy2e.jpg

Well that's due to the fact that PC is way more powerful than consoles, again, nothing special that Konami did. All games look way better on PC. Either way, I am happy we finally got a good game. Just wish they would fix the pitch since it's incredibly disappointing, looks like a PS2 pitch. It's def not my PC as I checked tons of youtube videos and they all look like that, surprising no one complained about it! I tweeted PES, hopefully they will fix it.

On top is ingame (While taking penalties & free kicks), on bottom is before the game starts.
UGCXy2e.jpg

Yeah i don't know why they don't implement it in all view.

Somehow enabling High profile makes the game input lag very high IMHO.
And that's on a 4790K, 16GB DDR3,GTX 1070 and SSD...according to Nvidia I should be good for 4k High profile and I have only set it up for 1080P so far...
Anyone else having this issue?

forgot to mention this is on th demo. still waiting to see if konami fixed their (yet again) PC online mess-up and if cdkeys sells valid premium edition keys.

It's not like We had 3D grass on Free Kicks before. But the real reason it looks ugly is because of the texture that looks like it's drawn using good old MSpaint [RIP MSpaint it will be removed from future update of Windows]. So when 3D grass is not visible, we can see the ugly texture closely and it looks so flat.

Somehow enabling High profile makes the game input lag very high IMHO.
And that's on a 4790K, 16GB DDR3,GTX 1070 and SSD...according to Nvidia I should be good for 4k High profile and I have only set it up for 1080P so far...
Anyone else having this issue?

forgot to mention this is on th demo. still waiting to see if konami fixed their (yet again) PC online mess-up and if cdkeys sells valid premium edition keys.
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2018-pc-discussion-thread.77394/page-82#post-3233818

Back
Top Bottom