PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Hi guys, new to the site but used to frequent the boards back in the days of PES 3-6. Getting really choppy performance but I can't stop playing it. It really does contain moments of genius and it's so nice to have those random PES moments that I used to live so much back in the ps2 days.

Pros

-Great game speed
-Deflections and unpredictable passages of play
-Graphics (even though my old potato struggles)
-Dribbling

Cons
-Headers seem very poor (or I'm just not used to them after FIFA)
- AI plays way too many chipped through balls to the wings
-Player changing needs to be a touch more responsive
-Shooting is too straight and bullet like
-Ground passes need to vary more in speed and accuracy

I'm having stuttering & lag still & over got a decent rig too, have got tryed turning off Motion Blur? It's not a solution but it helps

Yes I played around a few settings including Motion Blur and it didn't help in my case. I turned to Low in Render settings (most of the items are low or off) and it still stutters.

Like I said, the game stutters badly if you get 31~59 FPS. And it gets more relevant when you are at 35~55 FPS.

By "3o FPS for both doesn't help" do you mean the 30 FPS lock causes stutters in game? If that's the case, leave it at 60 FPS. Then lock the Frame Rate to 30 FPS using Nvidia Inspector and see if that helps.

In my laptop, neither the 30 fps or the 60 fps lock made a noticeable difference.

I actually found the solution for me, reducing the resolution the game plays on from the settings.exe file.

After reading this: https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/pro-evolution-soccer-2018-geforce-gtx-recommended-gpus

Based on our in-depth testing, the entry-level $109 MSRP GeForce GTX 1050 absolutely blitzes past the defense at 1920x1080, with a framerate far in excess of our 60 FPS target. At 2560x1440, the $249 MSRP GeForce GTX 1060 puts in a similar performance, besting the keeper to knock in a 60 FPS+ result. And at 3840x2160, the $379 MSRP GeForce GTX 1070 wins the league, tournament and world cup single-handedly, delivering the highest level of visual fidelity possible, plus a constant 60 FPS.

Since mine is a GTX 950M (Mobile usually less power than the standard950), I would've thought 1 generation behind the test above and a Mobile version means I would have to reduce the resolution to able to get constant 60 fps.

So I changed from 1920x1080 to 1600x900, and the game played smoothly (60 Fps constant during gameplay) with Middle - Render settings. And it is gorgeous! (can't really see much difference between the two).

buy it from gaming instant and redeem your code on steam then download it and enjoy. Btw i am from kolkata

By the way, I figured how to get demo in locked regions.

Just google PES 18 demo steam and then click on "Cached"
Then enter the cached page and click Download demo from there.

Make sure u arent logged in in browser, else u will get error.
Well, looks like cdkeys.com sold normal keys as premium editions. I just started MyClub and didn't receive Maradona, 1000 coins etc.. I just emailed them about it, hopefully there will be a solution.

wow so they were indeed shady.

Actually, I sorted it out for myself. In myclub, you need to go to Inbox and you have there all the bonuses, happy days!!!

Well, looks like cdkeys.com sold normal keys as premium editions. I just started MyClub and didn't receive Maradona, 1000 coins etc.. I just emailed them about it, hopefully there will be a solution.

Premium Edition is not the one that has Maradona . Premium edition is the one with Usain Bolt in it and bonus GP . The one with maradona is FCBarcelona Edition .

Hi all i just grabbed this game for the PC and have a few questions:

1. Is there any advanced graphics settings i can use and tweak? On the default settings.exe it only gives me the ability to say what frame rate i want for in game and replays/demos? the choices are 30 and 60fps?
  2. Is there an option file out now i can use that has proper kits and names?
Initial feedback about the Game:

The framerates seem jerky? It says in fraps that its on rock solid 50fps(it should be 60fps?!?!?) yet it feels as if im playing at 30fps or below?

Other then that, the gameplay seems good so far

Anyone else just lose all their MyClub players? I've lost everyone that I gained after starting the game.
Usain Bolt, my premium players etc. Just left with the standard ones you get. Happened as soon as I hired a new manager.

If I remember correctly, the "shady" sites (according to one person only) was the one I recommended, which is G2A.
I didn't have any problems with G2A yet. 3 Years in a row.

CDKeys have always been trusted as far as I know.

1. Is there any advanced graphics settings i can use and tweak? On the default settings.exe it only gives me the ability to say what frame rate i want for in game and replays/demos? the choices are 30 and 60fps?
Initial feedback about the Game:

The framerates seem jerky? It says in fraps that its on rock solid 50fps(it should be 60fps?!?!?) yet it feels as if im playing at 30fps or below?

Other then that, the gameplay seems good so far

31-59 FPS suffers from stutters in PES 18.

If it's locked at 50 FPS, then your monitor might change into 50Hz when PES is turned on.

Make sure its 60Hz and see if its locked to50 even on Window mode.

i catched TOTTI , that's really boring me

31-59 FPS suffers from stutters in PES 18.

If it's locked at 50 FPS, then your monitor might change into 50Hz when PES is turned on.

Make sure its 60Hz and see if its locked to50 even on Window mode.
Hi. I am using a panasonic 1080p TV conneted to my htpc to play this game.

I have a nividia 780gtx card if that helps

and as optional: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2018-team-bin-fix.77880/
1:
Schermata_2017-09-13_alle_08.18.20.png

2:
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/wehk-option-file-for-pes2018-ps4-pc.77863/

Just a friendly reminder, if any of you will ever dare to start Master League, you are practically obligated to post about it in our Master League thread here - https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/the-master-league-adventures-thread.75473/page-215

You have to do it because I've told you so because it's the best thread ever GO THERE and DO IT because we like reading and writing about these things.

Master League is the best. Go ahead and start one, silly people who don't play ML yet.

Just a friendly totally not Master League propaganda PSA for everyone :)

Ok i managed to sort out the reason why it was playing just at 50fps. i had to change the mhz in the nividia control panell from 30 to 60mhz

Where is the false advertising?

Errrr pretty much all of this is not in my version...

• 1x FC Barcelona Special Agent
  • 1x FC Barcelona Legend Special Agent
  • 1,000 myClub coins
  • 2x Premium Partner Agents for myClub
  • UEFA Champions League Agent for myClub
  • Usain Bolt for myClub
  • 4x Start Up Agents
  • 1x Partner Club Agent
  • 10,000 GP x 10 weeks

Played one match as my team (leeds) ,realised straight away i need an option file asap.Got one and now it's almost giving me epilepsy while it installs and the crappy music is making it hell.

Finally! sorted now to start Master League.

Played one match as my team (leeds) ,realised straight away i need an option file asap.Got one and now it's almost giving me epilepsy while it installs and the crappy music is making it hell.

Finally! sorted now to start Master League.

I had to take a walk while it did all that, worth the wait though.Have You done live update for full squads now?

Hi. I am using a panasonic 1080p TV conneted to my htpc to play this game.

I have a nividia 780gtx card if that helps

Many TV's have 50Hz as refresh rate.

Did you do what I said? First check the refresh rate:

Right click on desktop> Nvidia Control Panel> Change Resolution> Refresh Rate.

Then if its set to 60Hz, then see if playing at Window mode helps.

Demo user here, i think i'm going to buy the game tomorrow....

Anyone who can share some thoughts on the recent patch? Something new? ....
And if anyone tried the demo before purchasing....have you noticed any changes in the final product?

As a ps4 user I just say get it , on the pitch it's very good..sure it has issues with fouls that will hopefully be resolved but it still has a lot of wow moments ..people go on about they've found this wrong and that wrong but find me any video game that doesn't have it's faults ...best game of footy I've ever played and I'm 40

I don't like the input lag at all.. it feels to slow in that aspect. Anyone agree?

Happened in the past games too, it's specific to PC versions only, consoles are free in that regard.

There were some fixes from what i remeber to minimize thr input lag, do a search on these forums.

Back
Top Bottom