PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Yep what u all describe above. It seems like the patch did more harm then good.
Like I said before, I reinstalled pes 2018 fresh and tried to start it up with 17.9.3 amd still installed.

Still under 30 fps.
Dunno if it's the amd drivers as well but anyway I clean installed 17.9.1 (7850).
Afterwards performance was back to 60 fps.
But still those microstutters are there. Every 5 to 10 seconds or something.
Also on low settings so it's an optimisation in the drivers for sure.

So, anybody got a idea when we can expect the "real" gameplay patch :D?

Preferably without additional hidden systemgremlins that break something which was working fine before :p..

Last edited:
WHY NO NEW STADIUM BY EDITORS???WHY???????

You cannot be serious, why put that in capitals with a handful of question marks.

They have to be built from scratch.Or converted with a tool that does not yet exist.
Don't hold Your breath, it will not be soon.
That is if any stadium makers have the free time.It takes weeks / months.
Read / follow the 2018 stadium forum.

Hope this helps someone

Since I got 2018 it played fine in full screen with vsync turned on apart maybe once or twice a game it will just slow down to nearly a stop for a second or two but I had this on 2017 also and gave up trying to fix it. I normally play in windowed mode with borderless Gaming and v-sync turned off but if i tried that in 2018 the stuttering was brutal so i'm trying not to spend my full weekend wasting time to get the game to play properly and left it as is. Like alot of people on here went to play yesterday evening and the game was brutal. Always 60 fps but stuttering. Tried a few things like doing a clean uninstall of the drivers and updating to the latest version. No luck, said fck it watched some tv then bed.

This evening I came home hoping for a fix but nothing so I said I'd see what it was like in windowed mode with borderless Gaming and v-sync turned off. The knob head thing played fine. Well no micro stuttering still the random slowdown

UserBenchmarks: Game 127%, Desk 114%, Work 83%
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 - 81.8%
GPU: Intel HD 530 (Desktop Skylake) - 8.7%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti - 162.7%
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB - 241.5%
HDD: Hitachi HTS725050A9A364 500GB - 40.4%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - 96.1%
MBD: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING

what means '' he couldn't afford a new GPU''?

He said his PC can no longer play the demo properly, so he bought the PS4 version instead. He didn't have enough money to upgrade his PC. We offered to pay for the upgrade because of all his hard work delivering stadiums into the game, but he opted to stay with PS4.

Playing with PesProfessionals Patch v1 and the game looks brilliant. Had that microstuttter problem after the patch but after changing it to adaptive sync, it plays smoothly again.

Okay, so to be able to not get fcuked in Penalty with keyboard, you have to set Movement to D-pad instead of Left Analogue stick. Finally a way to play the game.

Don't know if its placebo or something, but PES 18 is feeling more sluggish and unresponsive compared to FiFA 18.

i think he can but he dont want
It's his choice. No-one owes us anything after all.
You could do what I did back in the day for kits: I would've loved to add Standard Liege in PES 3, no-one would do proper Standard Liege kits upon request, I started observing closely Spark's works, got my head around them and eventually made the Standard Liege kits myself.

Still no support of PES 2018 from GeForce Experience? Weird...

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/games/
I play almost every game with " SHARE PLAY " future of GFEX, even PES 3/6 and they are not on the list.

BTW I try every tutorial, options, driver but still, those micro stutters are there. Looks like Konami screw up something with this update... I hope they know how to fix it... soon
P.S. After update.. online co-ops mode looks bad .. the lag is way worst that was before ... or it's just me?

Sure something happened after patch these microstutters are everywhere and with every setting. Bad very bad!

I'm not sure if this is the place to post but I play the PC version only this year. I was doing a bit of messing with the formations, player positions and player secondary positions trying to stop all the stupid transfers in the masterleague. Making sure that most positions were covered in the formation, Limiting players to on position, etc but no joy. This morning I was thinking about Barca and how they don't make many transfers out like Liverpool and Arsenal.

I noticed Barcelona had a fairly small squad compared to the two teams so I removed any players at Liverpool and Arsenal that had overalls of under 70 to reduce the size of the squad and started the masterleague. No big sales from the Pool or the Arsenal but Milan and Juventus started making alot of transfers. Done the same to those two clubs their transfers stopped but inter and Napoli started with the transfers. So I went to a good few bigger teams and reduced the size of their squad and with every team I done it to a team their transfers stopped or reduced.

I have only been doing this for this morning so I only got to the end of the first transfer window a few times and it doesn't fix the transfers it just makes them a little less stupid on the richer side of the spectrum. Not sure how it affects the smaller clubs. Also it might just revert back to nonsense after a few transfer windows. This might be common knowledge but I though i'd post it. Gonna download a new patch edit some teams and start a new masterleague today. Might sim through a season or two to see if it holds up.

Can You tell me why I have proper squads only in exhibiton mode not in league mode. In league mode i have old squads.. Did you expirience some performance issues after the patch?

Can You tell me why I have proper squads only in exhibiton mode not in league mode. In league mode i have old squads.. Did you expirience some performance issues after the patch?

Don't know. Did you start a new one. On the old PES four or five years ago if you were playing a league and you made a change in edit mode it reflected in the league which was great in transfer season but I think leagues have been locked down for a few years so you need to start a new one for updated squads stats etc.

I'm not sure if this is the place to post but I play the PC version only this year. I was doing a bit of messing with the formations, player positions and player secondary positions trying to stop all the stupid transfers in the masterleague. Making sure that most positions were covered in the formation, Limiting players to on position, etc but no joy. This morning I was thinking about Barca and how they don't make many transfers out like Liverpool and Arsenal.

I noticed Barcelona had a fairly small squad compared to the two teams so I removed any players at Liverpool and Arsenal that had overalls of under 70 to reduce the size of the squad and started the masterleague. No big sales from the Pool or the Arsenal but Milan and Juventus started making alot of transfers. Done the same to those two clubs their transfers stopped but inter and Napoli started with the transfers. So I went to a good few bigger teams and reduced the size of their squad and with every team I done it to a team their transfers stopped or reduced.

I have only been doing this for this morning so I only got to the end of the first transfer window a few times and it doesn't fix the transfers it just makes them a little less stupid on the richer side of the spectrum. Not sure how it affects the smaller clubs. Also it might just revert back to nonsense after a few transfer windows. This might be common knowledge but I though i'd post it. Gonna download a new patch edit some teams and start a new masterleague today. Might sim through a season or two to see if it holds up.

Let us know how you get on with this :)

Shortened alot of club squads to about 20 - 25 players in Premiership, Ligue 1, Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga and tested siming the first transfer window. I had some issues at first like Everton would sell 3 or 4 of their major players so cut their squad again at it fixed it.

Started a league with United and simed the first transfer window and the to 6 transfers were
E. Forsberg to Chelsea 26 mil
Hulk to Arsenal 25 mil
Witsel to Watford 22 mil
Eric Botteghin to Fenerbahçe 20 mil
D Propper to Southampton 20 mil
J Ilicic to roma 19 Mil

Simed to end of second transfer window top 6
S Mustafi to Atletico Madrid 32 mil
Kagawa to ?? 25 mil
Monreal to CSKA 24 mil
A. Williams to Arsenal 23 mil
F. Coquelin to Midlesbrough 21 mil
J. Defoe to Atlanta 17 mil

Conclusion
There's no real logic for transfers, player development or tactics in the ML. I don't think they broke it I think they just threw it together without testing. It's not a fix and it will probably just get silly again after a few transfer windows but it slows down the madness until hopefully there is a fix.

I'm not gonna play it until they will make it extra smooth. I thing i do not have shutters with v sync on but i feel input lag. Do We need ZOHAN for it? I remember how unresponsive PES 2017 was, La Liga patch made it extremely sooth and lag free how was it possible?

Shortened alot of club squads to about 20 - 25 players in Premiership, Ligue 1, Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga and tested siming the first transfer window. I had some issues at first like Everton would sell 3 or 4 of their major players so cut their squad again at it fixed it.

Started a league with United and simed the first transfer window and the to 6 transfers were
E. Forsberg to Chelsea 26 mil
Hulk to Arsenal 25 mil
Witsel to Watford 22 mil
Eric Botteghin to Fenerbahçe 20 mil
D Propper to Southampton 20 mil
J Ilicic to roma 19 Mil

Simed to end of second transfer window top 6
S Mustafi to Atletico Madrid 32 mil
Kagawa to ?? 25 mil
Monreal to CSKA 24 mil
A. Williams to Arsenal 23 mil
F. Coquelin to Midlesbrough 21 mil
J. Defoe to Atlanta 17 mil

Conclusion
There's no real logic for transfers, player development or tactics in the ML. I don't think they broke it I think they just threw it together without testing. It's not a fix and it will probably just get silly again after a few transfer windows but it slows down the madness until hopefully there is a fix.

I tried doing something similar with Liverpool but they still butchered their squad. See if you can trim their squad down and if they stop selling their top players without replacing them.

I've seen some PES 17 Ps4 footage.

Looks like cloth physics is heavily degraded. But what's bothering me most is how Referees don't have cloth physics at all. They had it in PES 17. What went wrong? Also the grass texture and mow pattern looks noticeably better on PES 17.

We might be able to fix textures and mow patters, its just a matter of modding. But what will happen to Referees cloth simulation? They certainly have different cloth model and normal map. So I'm not sure if forcing max LOD for Referee will bring cloth sim back.

3v3 COOP on PC, is the most disgusting thing ever! Being matched with people from NA, ASIA, etc. while you are in Europe is basically retarded... consoles are region locked, therefore they don't have this issue and since the game is being ported from console, KONAMI didn't even think about what would happen on PC when players are being matched from around the globe... a simple network filter like in 1v1 would have solved the issue...
SO MUCH LAG!

Back
Top Bottom