PES 2018 BETA Discussion Thread

No it isn't.

You don't have to agree, I'm cool with that.

I've experienced it. I just have a different theory to yours. I fully agree that there is some scripting affecting it, and it feels like the scripting is compounded by each mistake you make reducing the team's 'confidence' as well as my own.

But to me there's no question that, when you're playing a game which is pretty smooth but still half a second or more behind, it affects your control input more significantly than it does for the other guy. Your mistakes come from the game not reacting to you moving the stick in time, from the player switching failing you as it does in these matches, even from fully charged manual passes turning into gentle taps because of a slight judder as you were charging the pass up. This clearly demonstrates that lag doesn't just act between the server and your screen, it acts between the server and your controller. Your control inputs aren't backed up and sent through again with a time stamp if there's a drop out.

There's definitely scripting, like I said. And, looked at with much broader brush strokes, it'll just seem like scripting and nothing more. But lag is not always equally felt by both sides, and the scripting combined with the way in which the netcode is built means the house of cards can all come crashing down for one side of it gets beyond a certain amount.

Ok agree to disagree . .we'll end up going around in circles.

Yeah that's what i'm talking about. At first i thought it's because the way i do the pressing. But after, i was more careful and let them decide, i, instead, focused only on the player i was controlling. The output? My AI defenders still went retard mode...

I'd say it's because you took your hand off the analog and it defaulted back to kicking straight in front him.
It shouldn't be like that though... I mean, I don't remember it being like that in older PES games. Am I remembering wrong?

Now there is hope because we're playing an alpha-whatever code. I really think they've nailed some of the problems we've talked about here otherwise i'd be much dissapointed since i'm mostly an online player.

Sadly, one thing they will fail to fix/remove, i'm sure of it and i'm talking about the scripting. It was present in the past games and it remain until a new gen of PES will be born.

I just hope they will tone this scripting down a bit because it takes away all the fun and sense of accomplishment and replaces them with frustration, a thing that a video game should not have imo. We all play to hafe fun, that's what games/videogames are for.

Defending needs some work. The only way to properly defend and not concede a goal is to clear the ball every time it's on my defensive third. Tackling is unresponsive. Sliding is unresponsive. Player randomly goes to the opposite direction I told him to move at. Switching doesn't work at defense. Defender ball watches even if the ball is like a foot away from the player. No pushing/shoving just staring. At times, it seems like there are some lack of animations when the player tries to tackle. Too much space and running away from the attacker. AKA PES 2010 when it comes to defensive side of the game.

I think the slide tackling works amazingly well. All about timing and I like the risk reward balance that seems in place with it. Stopped a few attacks, especially cut-back moves with perfectly timed slide tackles, be it me taking ball and man, or blocking out a final pass. You can use it as both a ball winning and blocking mechanic very effectively.

Scripting exists. It just does and I accept that. I don't think it equates to conceding a goal or even a chance every time though, and do think it is just natural momentum and a confidence thing most of the time. It can be gruelling and deeply frustrating but you just need to try ride it out as best possible and that can be done. I watched back a match I played a few nights ago as I had some decent patterns of play, but had to ride out a few storms along the way and remember thinking/knowing at the time that I was being overrun and even starting to feel frustrated, or just felt lucky. It wasn't until I watched the game back that I realised I was actually defending like fuck and really rather well, and that when I was fucking up getting the ball clear I was picking the wrong pass, or just trying to simply pick a pass when I should have been more pragmatic. The fact was it was pressure, fair and simple pressure, I was experiencing deep in my own half. I guess I was too focused on it not looking pretty enough or feeling composed enough at the time, likely me feeling entitled to a break or some pay-off, that had me fail to appreciate what I was doing well, or the breaks I was getting.

Defending in football can be ugly and pressure can feel unrelenting, with just a last ditch perfectly timed tackle or block being the difference sometimes.

While there is scripting, there is also luck; there is also letting frustration getting the better of you and it has an impact on decision making and your own "responsiveness". I think we like to blame the game, scripting, or our opponents style and not ourselves a lot of the time, especially when considering online. At the other side of the connection, often times, is a dude approaching play in much the same way and it is easy to forget that when you are getting the rub of the green or are piecing together a lovely move, that dude is getting frustrated too and as much as we would want it to be the case, it isn't because we are destroying them and exclusively causing that frustration. A lot of the time you are benefitting from a players frustration at themselves, not even the game itself.

@curdstar sorry mate but when every pass of yours go to the opponent or outside of the field no matter the strenght of the pass was, the direction, the gap between players, the score(we all now if you are behind 3 or more goals, the morale of your team goes to the dumper).

Also in every one-to-one contact, the ball is glued to your opponents foot or jumps to his next player close-by like it was programmed to do so, even if you had a closer player of yours in-between. Or, you manage to make a clean steal of the ball and somehow the ball magically turns around to the opponents posession, even worse you manage to steal a ball and some idiot AI player from your team decides that he wants that ball also and basically collides with you allowing the opposite player to take the ball from your posession....

...etc

That happened to me all day yesterday until i've decided to close the PS and go outside for some fresh air.

I've tried to take things exactly as u said, sadly, i can't anymore. Never felt so frustrated on an online PES game until now.

I don't even want to imagine what will happen if these things stay the way they are now combined with those tackling retards everytime you are closing their penalty area OR with those that lag connection on purpose neverminding the ones that deem the game void.

Try to picture all this and measure the scale of fun you would have in this years ONLINE PES18.

And here it is!
You can see I place Lloris in the right position so he could aim at Kurzawa, press "A" without touching the analog anymore and boom, the ball goes straight to Griezmann. To MY OPPONENT's Griezmann! :CURSE:

I don't know if it's scripting or if it's just poor response from the game (maybe I should've waited a couple of seconds before passing the ball so the game would "know" I had turned towards Griezmann?) but anyway Lloris did something I never ever wanted him to do. And it costed me the match.

One thing that happened to me when i first played the beta, I brought Lloris out to intercept a long ground pass. There was no pressure on him yet he bent down to pick the ball up and it went right past him. Thankfully he got up and turned round and picked it up. I wish I had recorded it because it was quite funny.

Hopefully these things will get fixed in the retail version.

@curdstar sorry mate but when every pass of yours go to the opponent or outside of the field no matter the strenght of the pass was, the direction, the gap between players, the score(we all now if you are behind 3 or more goals, the morale of your team goes to the dumper).

Also in every one-to-one contact, the ball is glued to your opponents foot or jumps to his next player close-by like it was programmed to do so, even if you had a closer player of yours in-between. Or, you manage to make a clean steal of the ball and somehow the ball magically turns around to the opponents posession, even worse you manage to steal a ball and some idiot AI player from your team decides that he wants that ball also and basically collides with you allowing the opposite player to take the ball from your posession....

...etc

That happened to me all day yesterday until i've decided to close the PS and go outside for some fresh air.

I've tried to take things exactly as u said, sadly, i can't anymore. Never felt so frustrated on an online PES game until now.

I don't even want to imagine what will happen if these things stay the way they are now combined with those tackling retards everytime you are closing their penalty area OR with those that lag connection on purpose neverminding the ones that deem the game void.

Try to picture all this and measure the scale of fun you would have in this years ONLINE PES18.

Everything that you have explained happens to me when scripting is against me and I have seen it work for me when scripting was in my favour. . .I knew that I hadn't suddenly improved and had it all sussed . ..when it's against you it's a nightmare, I've clearly won tackles and yet my opponent comes away with the ball and every loose ball goes to the opposition like a magnet . .. but the weak passing and the ball rolling into touch while your player lets it go by him really pisses me off. I know when I'm beaten by a better player but I also know when the play is scripted.

From my experience so far, this game has been easily, EASILY the best online football experience I ever had in any game.

I have been winning match after match while playing on manual against assisted players. I think I have much more Wins than losses, and that tells you a lot.

You definetly cant ping pong the ball so easily. The comb 1-2s +pingpong first time passes is not very effective, the ball cant keep the same speed, it starts to bounc pff the pitch wich is pretty cool and looks more realistic.

But the main thing wich is making me enjoying this game so much is the fact that, finally, for the first time "ever", the Way YOU defend.counts A LOT and determinates in the final result of the match.

This is the game that is finally making laugh at these guys who try to pressure you mindlesly with two players, sprinting non stop with X + Square held down to attack the man on the ball. This game is exposing them, making so plain and obvious how unlogical is that type of defending, and they cant see how easily they are making the game for me, and it feels good making the rigjt manual passes to explore these huge gaps they leave.

But there are still some issues tho. It still needs more fouls and theres a clear balance issue with dribbling wich feels overpowered. Even Casemiro can become a nightmare to marl when your oponnent decides to sprint while change direction.

Also, there are some annoying circunstances in wich the game doesnt quickly pick up the nearest player in the action in some loose balls, giving unecessary and undeserved goal scoring chances to your opponent.

From my experience so far, this game has been easily, EASILY the best online football experience I ever had in any game.

I have been winning match after match while playing on manual against assisted players. I think I have much more Wins than losses, and that tells you a lot.

You definetly cant ping pong the ball so easily. The comb 1-2s +pingpong first time passes is not very effective, the ball cant keep the same speed, it starts to bounc pff the pitch wich is pretty cool and looks more realistic.

But the main thing wich is making me enjoying this game so much is the fact that, finally, for the first time "ever", the Way YOU defend.counts A LOT and determinates in the final result of the match.

This is the game that is finally making laugh at these guys who try to pressure you mindlesly with two players, sprinting non stop with X + Square held down to attack the man on the ball. This game is exposing them, making so plain and obvious how unlogical is that type of defending, and they cant see how easily they are making the game for me, and it feels good making the rigjt manual passes to explore these huge gaps they leave.

But there are still some issues tho. It still needs more fouls and theres a clear balance issue with dribbling wich feels overpowered. Even Casemiro can become a nightmare to marl when your oponnent decides to sprint while change direction.

Also, there are some annoying circunstances in wich the game doesnt quickly pick up the nearest player in the action in some loose balls, giving unecessary and undeserved goal scoring chances to your opponent.

I agree with you about the dribbling.. .I played one chap during the week who kept dribbling past 5 or 6 of my team with Kante I just couldn't get the ball from him .. and another guy was using Greizmann to dribble for the whole match he just kept passing to him to dribble away to his hearts content. .it reminded me of one of the old Pes games when you only had to pass it to Adriano and he was unstoppable.

Not saying you guys are wrong but I am just not experiencing much of this scripting but I'm sure its there...maybe its the way I play...but I've been able to stop guys from dribbling with better positioning and timing though I agree with its downsides. The issues Ive had are when there is a clear button delay. Also the game is missing a true stamina system that should prevent people from going on these unrealistic slalom runs for half the pitch. I can deal with them but something should kick in. The player should either start to slow down and get winded and the longer he dribbles he should take bad touches just like what happens in real life when guys dribbling for long periods of time they get tired and they take bad touches.

I do agree with player switching issues that has been fed back. I think biggest issue in beta for me is when you do have that latency or lag from button pressing and you are going against an opponent who is double and triple pressing you that delay gives them time to cut off the pass or tackle you and that is just online crap, it is what it is until they can figure out a way to alleviate it. Latency will always be there in some capacity.

Three improvements could take this game to the promise land for me 1) Proper stamina system 2) More physicality so example just like in real life slower defenders use their body to block off speedy attackers trying to get by them this should be implemented to balance the dribbling 3) Improvements in shooting- weak foot, variety of animations, variety of trajectories and most importantly a more sensitive power bar to replicate the real life tension of shooting just like what we had on the PS2 days if you guys remember. Shooting bar is still too user friendly and I don't think you get the same satisfaction.

Last edited:
Defending needs some work. The only way to properly defend and not concede a goal is to clear the ball every time it's on my defensive third. Tackling is unresponsive. Sliding is unresponsive. Player randomly goes to the opposite direction I told him to move at. Switching doesn't work at defense. Defender ball watches even if the ball is like a foot away from the player. No pushing/shoving just staring. At times, it seems like there are some lack of animations when the player tries to tackle. Too much space and running away from the attacker. AKA PES 2010 when it comes to defensive side of the game.

So basically you want defending to be very automatic.

Just played my first match of this in almost two days. I won 3-2.

Fuck me, this game can be incredible.

Full credit to my opponent and his first goal in particular. A wonderfully struck shot from Willian, following the cross from Douglas Costa. He properly wrapped his foot around the volley that he struck across himself. I got the winner because of a mistake on his part, but it did show that forwards can make some pretty clever interceptions, or how you can force an error. I liked that goal as well because of How Firmino struck it, first time, following his little touch to intercept the poorly selected pass. It just all looked like a "realistic" goal because of error, not because of some script, janky controls or players either not responding or responding clumsily, as if lacking situational awareness.

Both of us were trying stuff from range too, or trying first-time strikes and I'm sorry, but in these regards there is a decent amount of shot variety in execution and trajectory/ball flight. I do think the controlled shot in particular, when used in a first time strike scenario, can throw up all kinds of results. I think I'm going to experiment with the chipped shot possibilities in my next few matches.

I agree with @DuduBR9 It is easily the most fun, most realistic feeling and paced football game I have ever played in a perfect, or just good connection online environment. I'm finding myself surprised by how little I care what a player is using, be it style or control set-up, as it just isn't impacting on my enjoyment in what I am trying to do myself. That suggests good balance in all that is going on. and could be a massive breakthrough in itself if that were to prove the case well after release, regardless of what other issues that may manifest. Quite the win that would be for them, and us.

It's hard to describe but I'll try: it is like the fact my opponent is human is almost completely inconsequential because my focus is purely on the football getting played, or can be played. My mind is in as similar a relaxed state as it would be if I were playing the AI. I feel like I can be just as experimental online as I can be offline with a football game, and isn't because the results mean nothing or I am not playing a mode, but because the game online has a pace and level of responsiveness that feels almost perfect. There is just a wonderful balance. I'm just getting sucked in by the football on show, or can be engineered, that even my opponents skill or ability is going right over my head.

This is pretty much what I have always wanted from a football game, in that what I am playing against or even with doesn't matter. Once the match starts I just get down to playing football, because I can play, or try to play, all the football.

Last edited:
Just played my first match of this in almost two days. I won 3-2.

Fuck me, this game can be incredible.

Full credit to my opponent and his first goal in particular. A wonderfully struck shot from Willian, following the cross from Douglas Costa. He properly wrapped his foot around the volley that he struck across himself. I got the winner because of a mistake on his part, but it did show that forwards can make some pretty clever interceptions, or how you can force an error. I liked that goal as well because of How Firmino struck it, first time, following his little touch to intercept the poorly selected pass. It just all looked like a "realistic" goal because of error, not because of some script, janky controls or players either not responding or responding clumsily, as if lacking situational awareness.

Both of us were trying stuff from range too, or trying first-time strikes and I'm sorry, but in these regards there is a decent amount of shot variety in execution and trajectory/ball flight. I do think the controlled shot in particular, when used in a first time strike scenario, can throw up all kinds of results. I think I'm going to experiment with the chipped shot possibilities in my next few matches.

I agree with @DuduBR9 It is easily the most fun, most realistic feeling and paced football game I have ever played in a perfect, or just good connection online environment. I'm finding myself surprised by how little I care what a player is using, be it style or control set-up, as it just isn't impacting on my enjoyment in what I am trying to do myself.

Totally agree.

The most fun I ever had playing online footy game was FIFA 16 before the January patches that turned it back to FIFA 15.

This beats that.

I have been having unbelievable matches with PES America's RobbyeRon and he had found a 3-5-2 formation with Brazil using attacking wingbacks that really hurt me out wide counter attack with my 4-1-4-1 false fullbacks possession game with France. I had lost 2 in a row to him. Then last night I switched to a 4-3-3, sat my team and decided to play long ball counter attacks out wide. I basically gave him the ball this time around an countered quickly out wide when his wingbacks were high up the pitch. I had 2 wins, 2 Draws, and I was up 4-0 in 68 min of our last match before we got disconnected lol. I took advantage of his tactics which is awesome the way he took advantage of mine before.

THAT NEVER HAPPENED IN 2017

Just think, what I played offline was better too. Crazy

Weren't these released not long ago? Like a month or 2 back?

I guess the wait for the demo won't be that long if it's released at the usual time in late August.

Yeah bro, I pre ordered it and it was the first PS4 that ever just died on me. Disappointed. On the other hand, I went back to my PC to play some PES 13 and man I can tell you that PES 13 is probably the best graphics and player models I've ever seen in any PES/WE game. It is MILES better than PES 18 graphics wise. They just nailed the player model look in this game. Besides the choppy and weird animations I don't think there is a better PES when it comes to graphics and responsivness. Gameplay is fucking ridiculous too. For argument sake, if you have some free time on your hand, get a PC copy of PES and I can show you in 2 min how to use your DS4 controller on your PC.

PES 13 is incredible game. Sorry I went a bit off topic here but man this game is sick

Yeah bro, I pre ordered it and it was the first PS4 that ever just died on me. Disappointed. On the other hand, I went back to my PC to play some PES 13 and man I can tell you that PES 13 is probably the best graphics and player models I've ever seen in any PES/WE game. It is MILES better than PES 18 graphics wise. They just nailed the player model look in this game. Besides the choppy and weird animations I don't think there is a better PES when it comes to graphics and responsivness. Gameplay is fucking ridiculous too. For argument sake, if you have some free time on your hand, get a PC copy of PES and I can show you in 2 min how to use your DS4 controller on your PC.

PES 13 is incredible game. Sorry I went a bit off topic here but man this game is sick

:LMAO:

Loving experimenting with line-ups and I've been getting a wee bit of joy out of utilising Renato Augusto as a CF and using Centering Targets Advanced Instruction. He rarely scores, but is awkward and strong enough to play as a decent target and hold-up man. In my most recent match he gets two goals. I like the first one here because of the ball flight catching the keeper (and me) off guard, but I just liked the move in general and how it started with a slide tackle from near stationary, which I'm finding can be effective as it is essentially a "strong" tackle that can look contextually right; Thiago Silva doesn't slide but instead throws a strong leg at the Paulinho that takes not only the ball but also him out. Second is a header (of which I have barely scored any) and just like the technique and placement.

But I forget. Advanced Shooting is the BIG BABY version of shooting, lol.

Seriously, this game has so many ways to play and enjoy, both in attack and defence. There is plenty variety within the core controls. In that first goal had Thiago Silva not went in hard and instead simply rushed or tried a standing tackle, Paulinho could of either slipped past easily or simply rode the challenge.

Last edited:

I agree for the most part as far as just the gameplay on the pitch

I am slightly impressed actually with the servers somewhat.. considering I'm use to it not working at all or being crap.

it's not to FIFA's level yet.. FIFA's servers are superior without a doubt to any sports game.. but looks like PES has come a long way and now are good enough for me now to buy this game again I think... this beta was probably meant for people like me who hasn't bought PES the last few years because the online experience was so horrible. I usually play more online with friends than offline by myself. I have been sticking with FIFA mainly because of that.

but in this beta online.. even the 3 v 3 co op is playable.. and gives me hope.. I have had some good fun games playing with randoms and it wasn't even that laggy at all in 3 v 3. If this works and I can play with friends of mine online together.. this might be my go to game for that this year. I just have to convince my other fifa online buddies who i play club and leagues with of that

I can only imagine playing with a buddy of mine online together against others in co op like we use to do offline in the PS2 PES days...

as far as 1 v 1 online...
I think the beta gameplay on the pitch is better than the current FIFA 17 online gameplay which I play a ton of. I'm currently in DIV 3 in FIFA online and I think I'm pretty good at it but I see more depth and skill in this game already. I prefer the match flow and pace of the gameplay in this. .. one thing that makes fifa so great online is not only the servers but it's so easy to get into games and so many people are online playing it. I hope there will be enough in PES online in North America now. that's a worry for me and PES is average to below when it comes to getting into games compared to FIFA. With that said... last night I'm starting to get into matches even faster on the PES beta so it's like they are improving stuff like that as this demo goes along which is great to see. At first for example, 3 v 3 never even worked for and 1 v 1 took longer to get into matches

but comparing both games online1 v 1 gamelay PES 2018 online beta vs current FIFA 17 online Divisions... PES wins with being more real to life for me hands down...

there is a couple of things as far as gameplay I forgot to mention that need to be fixed...

the biggest thing right now is probably the chip shot abuse glitch...

the other is shooting needs to be toned down and adjusted more.

I think pass 1 is fine... but the basic shooting is not... and manual shooting is well almost to impossible to play with against others who are not using it. I tried it and it was i could never hit the target. lol

I will try advanced though as I seen some mention it is good... dribbling is very good in this game and body contact and the physical nature of the game is really good as well

You really need to defend and contain well in this and it's not that easy.. if you like step in and high press full blast against your opponents like you see on fifa online a lot... you will get beat easy on this... if that's all you got on defending. I really need to get up to speed on the tactics of PES though.. I don't know everything like i do in FIFA and for me I can tell PES rewards the more tatical smarter player more than FIFA does online..

lastly, what i think is more important about this PES online beta.. is the more you play it the more you will like it. At first I thought it was cool but now after playing it more I'm getting really excited about it liking it more and more. That reminds of PES games of old.. there is a certain learning curve or feel process to it and this game certainly has it. I just notice maybe the better I get at it... the more enjoyable the online experience becomes I guess.

Last edited:
have been winning match after match while playing on manual against assisted players. I think I have much more Wins than losses, and that tells you a lot.

really..? you're using the manual shooting to and beating people easy? I tried manual shooting and it's way to difficult for me. I can't hit the target.

YES!!!!!!!!!!1 this is one of the biggest reasons why I'm enjoying this online as well. This is what I was trying to say .. basically this game rewards the smarter player and you can control the game and easily make the people who press you non stop like in FIFA online look very bad.

One of the other things I love about the football in this game. Working the ball up the field in counter to my opponents pressure on my goal. It is so satisfying stopping the pressure by simultaneously using the second man press while I look to control a marker, breaking up the play, then really taking that pressure off with just good progressive ball work and utilising space which allows me to dictate the pace. This kind of play and the goals that can sometimes come of it feel so rewarding in this beta. Less so the goal here, as it was posted previously and came from the throw-in, but I how got there was rewarding...

Well fortunately today was a lot better. Other than one dick - TheKROMEisNOdead, who spent much of the match dribbling, until he conceded a soft goal, whereby he spent the rest of the match passing around the back & eventually scoring three own goals. Got matched up with him three times, so three automatic wins for me! Joy...

I've scored a few nice little goals using advanced shooting today. One was a side footed volley off a cross from deep, which was satisfying because the ball wasn't rocketed in, it looked simply like a case of keeping it under control and bunting the ball in. Keeper no chance. There was also a great finish by Lacazette off a ground cross which was even more just about redirecting the ball, this time stabbing the ball into the near corner with the outside of the boot. Finally, after ages feeling like advanced shooting was impotent when it came to heading, Mbappe scored a brilliant downward header coming in from the wing to lose his man.

The basic and manual shooting clearly need to copy advanced shooting's trajectories. It looks so much better, so much more interesting and varied. And, contrary to the whole 'baby mode' nonsense, at times it's arguably less effective than manual shooting given you can't just thump the ball at the keeper and watch the ball rocket through his fingers. You miss a lot of good chances in advanced shooting, at least you do if you just aim fully for the corners. Main problem with advanced shooting is still the times when a player waits far too long before shooting, which has cost me quite a few goals now I reckon.

What I've appreciated most today is that so many of the players I've faced, all manual, have clearly felt free to be creative. Even in matches where I or they have been under the cosh, there's still a lot of room to try and scrape together a plan B - to try and play on the counter, to resort to long balls, to get wide and cross, to pass it back to defenders and try again. Manual doesn't feel like it can't deal with the speed of the game, it fees like it can dictate it. By and large, now that players are more experienced, I don't feel like pressing is cheating, whether by me or by others - I feel like it helps me shut down passing lanes or prevent a player from being able to turn and face, with the risk of getting myself out of position and into trouble.

Feeling properly positive about the full game. I hated yesterday, but as a proportion of my overall playing time I'd say it was a blip more than anything. Today I was back to playing the sort of game I'd be happy playing for a year, online or off.

Well fortunately today was a lot better. Other than one dick - TheKROMEisNOdead, who spent much of the match dribbling, until he conceded a soft goal, whereby he spent the rest of the match passing around the back & eventually scoring three own goals. Got matched up with him three times, so three automatic wins for me! Joy...

I've scored a few nice little goals using advanced shooting today. One was a side footed volley off a cross from deep, which was satisfying because the ball wasn't rocketed in, it looked simply like a case of keeping it under control and bunting the ball in. Keeper no chance. There was also a great finish by Lacazette off a ground cross which was even more just about redirecting the ball, this time stabbing the ball into the near corner with the outside of the boot. Finally, after ages feeling like advanced shooting was impotent when it came to heading, Mbappe scored a brilliant downward header coming in from the wing to lose his man.

The basic and manual shooting clearly need to copy advanced shooting's trajectories. It looks so much better, so much more interesting and varied. And, contrary to the whole 'baby mode' nonsense, at times it's arguably less effective than manual shooting given you can't just thump the ball at the keeper and watch the ball rocket through his fingers. You miss a lot of good chances in advanced shooting, at least you do if you just aim fully for the corners. Main problem with advanced shooting is still the times when a player waits far too long before shooting, which has cost me quite a few goals now I reckon.

Couldn't agree more, as you and others know, regards Advanced Shooting. There is just so much more variety and feeling to goals using it compared to Basic (I haven't tried Manual in order to comment) and I think the key to shooting in general is the sooner you can press shoot, the better, providing the player has the space and window in order to do so. It is like if I get the power and placement set earlier, my player executes a shot in a variety of ways, displaying more technique. This has me of the opinion that quick, instinctive shots are where the variety can take a wee hit as for want of a better way of putting it, the player isn't setting himself for the strike, so he will just snap at it, thus you kind of need to power the gauge right up to get a good dig, meaning more arrowed, fast elevating strikes at goal.

I do agree about the delay, but I'm living with it approaching shooting as something I need to commit to early but admittedly, like you say, the player does sometimes take a while to execute than seems necessary.

I spoke of it earlier, so here is that Willian goal an opponent scored against me. Again, the dude is powering up his strike pretty much as the ball crosses the penalty box line, so Willian shows wonderful technique, execution and placement in one lovely smooth motion, with a wee pirouette in the landing. Makes me wonder if he was using Advanced Shooting and a Controlled Shot for the strike. Beautiful. Just beautiful...

Back
Top Bottom