PES 2018 BETA Discussion Thread

I've just had my keeper pass it straight to my opponent from a goal kick... Completely IGNORING my input. It turned out I lost 1-0.
F**kin' ridiculous. It's going to be another offline year for me if things don't change.

And don't get me wrong, it's going to be a HUGE game... I love the majority of the things I see in this beta.
Love your avatar, Misugi San.
El Hamit it!
:LOL:

I've just had my keeper pass it straight to my opponent from a goal kick... Completely IGNORING my input. It turned out I lost 1-0.
F**kin' ridiculous. It's going to be another offline year for me if things don't change.

And don't get me wrong, it's going to be a HUGE game... I love the majority of the things I see in this beta.
told them the keepers were :CONF:

its so funny when peter drury says: point blank header, and the header goes to the corner flag, the commentary is laughable at best, or when he says: can he score on every shot he s gonna say can he score!!!! i have to turn the commentary really low from now on
another year of outdated commentary :COAT:

Lami . ..everytime I hear Drury saying "El Hamit it" . . .I think of you laughing ...you have me in stitches here man. .. .Lol!

It's old commentary. Probably from PES 2016 since Manchester United was mentioned. It's temporary, hopefully the final results are much better this time around.

Well my Gold PS4 shit the bed. Had to ship it to Sony for repairs. No more PES 18 until September. Sarting a new job on Monday when the servers go down, so I won't be doing any gaming anytime soon. After 31st how many of you will go and play PES 17 ? I am also pumped for new COD:WWII

Well my Gold PS4 shit the bed. Had to ship it to Sony for repairs. No more PES 18 until September. Sarting a new job on Monday when the servers go down, so I won't be doing any gaming anytime soon. After 31st how many of you will go and play PES 17 ? I am also pumped for new COD:WWII
im waiting for a much better game than cod ww2, the name is : Wolfenstein the new colossus, anw yes maybe i will play pes 17 just for a bit.

PES has really made me cringe when hearing Drury's voice IRL. That's a bit sad because I used to like him.
for me he s too over excited for things that are many times normal and there is no need for shouting for it, especially when the shot is going to corner flag he would be over excited for it..

Beauty of PES :LOVE:

giphy.gif
amazing save i have to say, goalkeeper animations are really good, but need a bit more variation

Weren't these released not long ago? Like a month or 2 back?

I guess the wait for the demo won't be that long if it's released at the usual time in late August.

I think the main 2 differences in this game is the freedom of the ball and the responsiveness ..the freedom just presents more variation of opportunity and them ability to react quicker ..only thing I would look at toning down slightly is the dribbling ..not a major issue as I've faced a few mass dribblers(in more ways than one) online and never conceded more than 1

Scripting again? :ROLL:After so many years of playing PES people shoud know that scripting is part of the game.
AI controlls what happens on the pitch. Scripting is the code that the AI uses. A game with AI cannot work without scripts.
People often blame scripting for what goes wrong for them and that's not always fair.

Honestly it's the first time I see something like this in this beta... Ice recorded the footage and I'm uploading it to OneDrive at the moment... I'll post it as soon as I can edit the video (I've currently got my soon-to-be in-laws over for dinner).
And here it is!
You can see I place Lloris in the right position so he could aim at Kurzawa, press "A" without touching the analog anymore and boom, the ball goes straight to Griezmann. To MY OPPONENT's Griezmann! :CURSE:

I don't know if it's scripting or if it's just poor response from the game (maybe I should've waited a couple of seconds before passing the ball so the game would "know" I had turned towards Griezmann?) but anyway Lloris did something I never ever wanted him to do. And it costed me the match.

Scripting again? :ROLL:After so many years of playing PES people shoud know that scripting is part of the game.
AI controlls what happens on the pitch. Scripting is the code that the AI uses. A game with AI cannot work without scripts.
People often blame scripting for what goes wrong for them and that's not always fair.

And here it is!
You can see I place Lloris in the right position so he could aim at Kurzawa, press "A" without touching the analog anymore and boom, the ball goes straight to Griezmann. To MY OPPONENT's Griezmann! :CURSE:

I don't know if it's scripting or if it's just poor response from the game (maybe I should've waited a couple of seconds before passing the ball so the game would "know" I had turned towards Griezmann?) but anyway Lloris did something I never ever wanted him to do. And it costed me the match.

I'd say it's because you took your hand off the analog and it defaulted back to kicking straight in front him.

Han the point I made was not about a burst of scripting at a certain moment where you would concede a goal. . . I'm talking about the whole match. . the frustration of losing every tackle and the opposition intercepting every ball . . .that's not down to the user .. and then in the next match the same thing happens to your opponent for the whole match.

I'd say it's because you took your hand off the analog and it defaulted back to kicking straight in front him.
I got exactly the same goal last night. This is not scripting. This is some problem of the keeper-coding.
It is also a bit my own fault. If you see an attacker is closing down to my CB, or my keeper, than I should play a high long kick.

I got exactly the same goal last night. This is not scripting. This is some problem of the keeper-coding.
It is also a bit my own fault. If you see an attacker is closing down to my CB, or my keeper, than I should play a high lon kick.

Why are you replying to me? . .that's not my video. ..I just replied to Ale to say that I thought it was his input that caused it.

Han the point I made was not about a burst of scripting at a certain moment where you would concede a goal. . . I'm talking about the whole match. . the frustration of losing every tackle and the opposition intercepting every ball . . .that's not down to the user .. and then in the next match the same thing happens to your opponent for the whole match.
Maybe a bad day at the office? ;-)
I think, if you look at some of those so called scripts than there might be some actions you can blame to scripting, but not a complete match. I never got that. If you block any emotions when watching replays of such 'scripts' you often can blame your own game at such instances.
Of course, there are exceptions, but not a whole match.

Thats caused by stats & the players body position. Contextuality, kid, contextuality
No it isn't.

You think lag favours one person? No I don't agree with that . . I've played a lot of matches on the Beta and I've never felt cheated through lag. . both sides will feel sluggish. .. the domination in my view comes from scripting.. favouring one side against another whether there's lag or not. .the point that I was making about scripting in the Beta is not about who wins the match, it's about who is given the advantage through the whole match as in winning tackles and picking up loose balls which would give you the tools to win the match . .some players are handed these scenarios but can't take advantage of them to win, probably because they aren't skilled enough to do that.. . but they are presented to them. Surely you have encountered matches where you have wondered how the other guy is winning every ball in a tackle and most of his passes are finding a team mate while your passes are going astray and you feel frustrated? That's not down to lag . .every pass forward is intercepted by him but when a match goes your way your pass finds your player .. lag? No way. You have to have experienced this no?

You don't have to agree, I'm cool with that.

I've experienced it. I just have a different theory to yours. I fully agree that there is some scripting affecting it, and it feels like the scripting is compounded by each mistake you make reducing the team's 'confidence' as well as my own.

But to me there's no question that, when you're playing a game which is pretty smooth but still half a second or more behind, it affects your control input more significantly than it does for the other guy. Your mistakes come from the game not reacting to you moving the stick in time, from the player switching failing you as it does in these matches, even from fully charged manual passes turning into gentle taps because of a slight judder as you were charging the pass up. This clearly demonstrates that lag doesn't just act between the server and your screen, it acts between the server and your controller. Your control inputs aren't backed up and sent through again with a time stamp if there's a drop out.

There's definitely scripting, like I said. And, looked at with much broader brush strokes, it'll just seem like scripting and nothing more. But lag is not always equally felt by both sides, and the scripting combined with the way in which the netcode is built means the house of cards can all come crashing down for one side of it gets beyond a certain amount.

I have yet to notice scripting against me. It usually favors me. Right now after playing 15 matches and winning 12 of those matches and drawing 3, I have finally found an exploit to win almost all the matches. The cut backs and the zig zag dribbling is a bit too overpowered especially when it's a laggy match and as soon as I get into the box, I hit the shoot button with the likes of Neymar or Greizemann and it pretty much goes in 100% of the time. As far as defending, usually if any player gets on my defensive third, I hoof/clear the ball or just slide tackle the player. I hope the CPU AI will give a bit of challenge especially from higher rated teams.

Yeah, noticed that too, the zig-zag dribbling is kinda too productive.

It might be due to the fact that aggresive pressing doesn't work as in previous games and/or i often see so much space between defenders that favors this kind of dribbling.

Maybe i haven't found the correct tactics yet even tho i've tried them all, it seems this game really favors attacking by artificially creating gaps in defence by AI taking retarded decisions.

For example, i take Neymar from mid and dribble past everyone up to the keeper. Ofc this doesnt happen every match but still i see it often.

I think, if you look at some of those so called scripts than there might be some actions you can blame to scripting, but not a complete match. I never got that. If you block any emotions when watching replays of such 'scripts' you often can blame your own game at such instances.

Sorry Han I'm talking about the Beta.

Yeah, noticed that too, the zig-zag dribbling is kinda too productive.

It might be due to the fact that aggresive pressing doesn't work as in previous games and/or i often see so much space between defenders that favors this kind of dribbling.

Maybe i haven't found the correct tactics yet even tho i've tried them all, it seems this game really favors attacking by artificially creating gaps in defence by AI taking retarded decisions.

For example, i take take Neymar from mid and dribble past everyone up to the keeper. Ofc this doesnt happen every match but still i see it often.

I just had that a moment ago . .my centre backs went awol . . just walked away from their positions during an attack to let my opponent score.

Back
Top Bottom