PES 2018 BETA Discussion Thread

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
Hi all,

With the global launch of the PES 2018 open beta, we thought it'd be a good idea to separate general news discussion from beta discussion.

We might open a feedback thread too, depending on how the discussion goes, but in the meantime, all beta-related talk in here, please.

Thanks (and to all those who are at home playing the beta right now while I'm stuck at work, you goddamn better tell me how good it is).

.. started here in Australia, but I'm stuck on screen when looking for a player, even tried no match making mode (or whatever its called), and cannot find a player... may be my slow adsl 2...

Is this "struggling to find an opponent" not because A) it's just launched and B), in Europe anyway, everyone is at work...?!

I thought it already from the videos, but now its official. Running like crazy with every better player between 6 defenders is the way to go. Dont like it at all, PES 2017 was about teamplay, PES 2018 will be about individual plays (like FIFA).

Just a Quick question. Does anyone knows for sure how does the connection level works? Is 1 the best or 5?

Is there any official information from Konami on this?

Is this "struggling to find an opponent" not because A) it's just launched and B), in Europe anyway, everyone is at work...?!
Think it's a bit exaggerated by certain users - I'm in the office so can't play but from what I'm watching on twitch.tv there's plenty of people playing with no massive issues finding opponents. There's the occasional 2-5 minute wait but everyone seems to be finding games eventually.

Finally got into a game, connection seemed fine, then just before half time it started getting laggy and got booted from the game.
Didn't play enough to give any gameplay impressions really, plus the guy I was playing was a rainbow flick every 2 minutes kinda guy.

Servers have been up since 10.30am. Had my first game, was a really good battle we both played proper football none of the fancy stuff. Really enjoyed it. Pace seemed about right, felt more fluid and players seemed to respond very well to everything I tried. I lost to a last minute header though but had to applaud the great build up from my opponent.

I just had my first EVER lagless game in pro evolution soccer. Will need to play a few more games before i get too excited i guess

Servers have been up since 10.30am. Had my first game, was a really good battle we both played proper football none of the fancy stuff. Really enjoyed it. Pace seemed about right, felt more fluid and players seemed to respond very well to everything I tried. I lost to a last minute header though but had to applaud the great build up from my opponent.
Is the com pressure still really overpowered?

I just had my first game and... It's horrible... The only good thing are actually the animations. Gameplay is too slow, players not reacting for your commands or they do, but reaaaalllly slow. It was a nightmare to switch between the players as well. I'm going to wait untill the game is finished, because I did not enjoy the beta at all.

Managed to get 1 game in. Noticed i played Spooky who's on here alot so that was nice.
He obviously was the better player, for me it was the first online game since more than 10 years.
It was a 0-0 draw, i only had 1 chance and was defending mostly.

What ive noticed :

- completely lag free game (a novelty when PES is concerned)
- i underhit a LOT of passes. You need to power it up more than in 17
- shooting is still without any feeling. I shoot but no idea where the ball is going. It lacks subteltly

Had a great time though.

Feedback over on Reddit seems to be really praising of the gameplay - good to see that fast players are fast once again!

https://www.reddit.com/r/WEPES/comments/6oej9w/pes_2018_online_beta_feedback_thread/
Yeah I've been reading that too, but one of the comments about catch-up concerned me a little:
I'm liking the pace of the overall game a lot more this year, but I don't agree with you that fast players are actually fast. I just had Giroud sprint [past] Kurzawa, when Kurzawa had a 2-3 foot advantage.

I'm struggling to see the difference between this and PES 2017 to be honest. In every aspect. especially graphically.

I'm also getting a lot of lag. So can't judge responsiveness at all.
I saw a little first touch error. Not much. Animations are PES2017 also.

I know it's a beta. But this is the wrong way to showcase a new game. Rather release a demo and then an online beta.

Maybe I was expecting too much. Since they kept on saying it's the of a new 3 year cycle where the game is conpletely different

Back
Top Bottom