PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Thing is, konami never provide an update with a gameplay change log. But if you play the game daily you'll notice there are changes, usually very small changers, but in this latest patch you can definitely feel many gameplay changes.

I personally think this update is amazing (even on masterleague), I never enjoyed this game this much before. I think konami did something to the goalkeepers, cause I see more cool animations coming out, rather than those awkward one handed high/low jumps. I also see more long shots by the CPU (not just the rebound long shots from corners), and like in Deco's robben video, the cpu shooting finesse shots form outside the box, really cool.
Interesting. Uninstalled this back in December. Think I'll download it again and give it another go.

Nothing mate. Crowd also stayed absolutely mum. Makes no sense because I am sure pre patch they raised their voices for any contact.

They did for every dodgy tackle . . .. had a couple of iffy decisions against me today in the box and yeh the crowd weren't baying for blood. . .I noticed on the vid I put up with Germany that when the first goal went in it went a bit mute . .. but I have to say gameplay wise the game is much better and more difficult since the patch.

This game is brilliant since the patch. . .Konami had to be listening to Matt 10 and the guys podcasts. . .started a new Master League with Deportivo and 4 games in and I haven't scored yet. I drew the first match 0-0 and got beaten in the other 3 but it was so enjoyable . .. like an unputdownable book . .. it's so hard to score, they defend like their lives depend on it. . .you have to have your wits about you to carve a clear chance. . .the att/def levels make the game so balanced . .they don't jump from one to the other anymore. . ..Even though I'm on 55 team spirit it's still great ... . I made the error of trying to stamp my own style early . .big mistake . .if their original tactics are set to 'wide' and 'conservative' .. .well play that way you will improve quicker. . .I just realised why some celebrations for goals are muted and low key ..it happens when the away team scores.

Did they fix the issue where it's more difficult to play against bottom teams than the top teams in ML? I uninstalled the game and don't feel like installing back if that issue still exist.

also noticed since the new patch the speedy players in the final 3rd of the pitch dont slow down to allow catch up, konami have tightened the defense better which still makes it harder for those players to go through, very pleased to see that, seems like the communication between bhatti and konami is working well so far, really good to see, seriously cannot wait for what pes18 has instore for us, first time in a very very long time im hanging for news.

also noticed since the new patch the speedy players in the final 3rd of the pitch dont slow down to allow catch up, konami have tightened the defense better which still makes it harder for those players to go through, very pleased to see that, seems like the communication between bhatti and konami is working well so far, really good to see, seriously cannot wait for what pes18 has instore for us, first time in a very very long time im hanging for news.
I've seen this too, seemso like you can go past players now without catch up all the time

was the ball control stat this pronounced pre-patch? the team in blue (me) struggling to pass it out of defence due to poor first touch.The players in question have 69 and 72 for ball control

also I know it has been discussed before but I stuck on PES 2016 and wanted to compare the lighting and turf same stadium and weather settings how can it be worse..pes 2016 had such better turf and lighting

EXAMPLE2_C8f_Bae_IXg_AA061_W.jpg

EMAPLEC8f_Bf_W9_XYAANQpx.jpg

was the ball control stat this pronounced pre-patch? the team in blue (me) struggling to pass it out of defence due to poor first touch.The players in question have 69 and 72 for ball control

Seems like players identity shine way better than before. In terms of speed, skills and strength. Playing with Aguero now feel like playing with a top player. Never felt that before when I was using him.

While I am loving the improvements, I still think this PES 17 is missing the mark on actual build up from the CPU. They are just moving a mile a minute, regardless of ATT/DEF levels. In FIFA there is a slider called "run frequency" which is a source of a lot of the problems with that game, and by default it is at 50. This makes players run from end to end, in full sprint animation. That is the exact way I am seeing runs off the ball on PES 17. They are making MAD dashes off the ball, with no sense of properly getting into position to receive. The amount of perfectly placed passes to feet, when going forward, with little resistance, is a sad thing to watch. IRL, this is very difficult, to constantly be able to pass to feet, while the receiver is in motion AND while they are running forwards. You're essentially playing into the path of the player, but in PES, that player receives the ball very easily. IRL, players are "posted" more because they are met with resistance from defending players (not just defenders).

Like I said a couple posts ago. KONAMI need to take their gameplay with the mindset of footballers, and not computers. It's still very exhausting to play a team that actually has any realistic sense of maintaining possession, or being met with any true resistance. I'm going to keep digging, but for all the great on the ball changes of this patch update, the theme continues to being "Wore down (current state) vs Broken Down (subtle, yet effective, hopeful state)", and that is a big difference.

The game would improve no end if you found a way to make the AI play a more methodical build up, workin the ball to exploit gaps ect its also a bit too easy to dispossess them dribbling at the defence

On another note the AI (US Latina) just scored this past me in an exhibition match it caught me by suprise as usually they would have taken it out wide to try cross

The game would improve no end if you found a way to make the AI play a more methodical build up, workin the ball to exploit gaps ect its also a bit too easy to dispossess them dribbling at the defence

On another note the AI (US Latina) just scored this past me in an exhibition match it caught me by suprise as usually they would have taken it out wide to try cross

I'm using Superstar manual and I'm getting a lot of variation in play...last night I went 1-2 down to Barca and for the last 15 mins they went to blue and played a keep ball game but were also probing while moving the ball backwards and crossways and were cutting my defence open with long passes and one twos. ..the Ai is playing a more intelligent game in my opinion. . . ..some of you seem to want a fifa style game .. . .slow passing back and forth waiting for an opening to pass a through ball. ....y'know it's good sometimes to hit a 70 yard pass to a runner and catch a defence out and also to take players on and beat them and find a way through. . .I appreciate what some of you are saying but one style doesn't fit all ... .I believe the patch is big improvement.

yeah, i noticed the catch up bug is gone, well at least better.
i agree can't wait for 2018 news,
hope to see better lighting, 3d grass, foot planting, and great new partnerships deals..
Chelsea maybe?

I'm using Superstar manual and I'm getting a lot of variation in play...last night I went 1-2 down to Barca and for the last 15 mins they went to blue and played a keep ball game but were also probing while moving the ball backwards and crossways and were cutting my defence open with long passes and one twos. ..the Ai is playing a more intelligent game in my opinion. . . ..some of you seem to want a fifa style game .. . .slow passing back and forth waiting for an opening to pass a through ball. ....y'know it's good sometimes to hit a 70 yard pass to a runner and catch a defence out and also to take players on and beat them and find a way through. . .I appreciate what some of you are saying but one style doesn't fit all ... .I believe the patch is big improvement.

I know what you mean everyone has different preferences and I do like direct football too I just want the AI to hold possession better so you have to work to get the ball.There is a guy over on WENB forums who I believe does promotional work for PES and speak with team members who indicated PES 2018 will have even more tactical depth which means we can tailor it to our own personal taste even more

I can't wait to start my new ML after a couple more edits I agree the game has improved since the last patch

@saintric guess you're talking about danielrh. he was right on some topics for this years version... (he seems ok, imo)
but dont put to much into it. you know konami PR... :WHISTLE:

Lol yea know all too well about konamis track record of broken promises but we can hope as usual

And yea thats the guy Danielrh he seems alright he was pressing Adam about the stadium edit bug on release

See that would be brilliant if it were the case. The thing is...if the tactic says long ball, then that is all you get. There is no deviation from it. That is all you get. So the odd defender bursting past the midfield won't ever happen, even if the midfield parts like the red sea, it won't happen. Just like if a perfect opportunity for a 1-2 is available, it doesn't matter, the CPU will go long and the ball will fall on the head of someone, because even then the ball is rarely loose.

It shouldn't take preset tactics to determine how a team is going to play when it calls for the fundamentals of football to take priority. Playing Barcelona is a great example of what depths tactics have to be used in order for the common football sense to kick in. I don't think it should be that way. If so, we'd have to go through and make every team a possession style for their preset tactics.

See that would be brilliant if it were the case. The thing is...if the tactic says long ball, then that is all you get. There is no deviation from it. That is all you get. So the odd defender bursting past the midfield won't ever happen, even if the midfield parts like the red sea, it won't happen. Just like if a perfect opportunity for a 1-2 is available, it doesn't matter, the CPU will go long and the ball will fall on the head of someone, because even then the ball is rarely loose.

It shouldn't take preset tactics to determine how a team is going to play when it calls for the fundamentals of football to take priority. Playing Barcelona is a great example of what depths tactics have to be used in order for the common football sense to kick in. I don't think it should be that way. If so, we'd have to go through and make every team a possession style for their preset tactics.

Matt are you expecting the Ai to respond to play and work things out like a human? I doubt if we will see that for a long time if ever. Everybody raved about Fifa 16 which I didn't play . . what was so special about it? From what I saw on video . . it was slow slow slow pass around and 2 shots per game ..it reminded me of the Simpsons episode of when they went to watch a soccer match.

Matt are you expecting the Ai to respond to play and work things out like a human? I doubt if we will see that for a long time if ever. Everybody raved about Fifa 16 which I didn't play . . what was so special about it? From what I saw on video . . it was slow slow slow pass around and 2 shots per game ..it reminded me of the Simpsons episode of when they went to watch a soccer match.

Hi mate, yeah that work things out play would actually be a product of the defensive stance....just like it is in real football matches. It wouldn't be hard to do at all. Get players out of two minds and hardcoded into playing whatever X=preset tactics and free them of their tactical chains :) .

Re: FIFA 16, with sliders, you get some stellar matches. I've actually been considering going back to it for my CM on YouTube since I cannot stand 17's size 4 ball...lol.

Hi mate, yeah that work things out play would actually be a product of the defensive stance....just like it is in real football matches. It wouldn't be hard to do at all. Get players out of two minds and hardcoded into playing whatever X=preset tactics and free them of their tactical chains :) .

Re: FIFA 16, with sliders, you get some stellar matches. I've actually been considering going back to it for my CM on YouTube since I cannot stand 17's size 4 ball...lol.

Didnt realise they could actually do that wow . . I'll watch your vid later . .you're really trying to punish me .. nearly 2 hours of Fifa.....lol.

Since you've been talking about Turfs (and therefore, stadiums)... I have to say this, that's the only the thing holding me back from getting a PS4 PRO JUST for PES. Turfs look awful in all PES versions, whichever platform. And the amount of Stadiums is just not enough. If there was a way to edit/change/load Turfs and Stadiums like we can do in PC, I would get that console right now because the rest (even gameplay) is just top drawer.

I hope Konami finally listens to us when we talk about pitch textures/colors and Stadiums (if they can't get enough licenses, then add a Stadium Editor and allow us to share!).

I'm loving the new patch ..gone back to manual as that is now more solid , double tap speed burst now works..differences in dribbling abilities..love it when you skip past a player and leave them for dead..class patch and revived the game for me afyer a stale period

Back
Top Bottom