PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I'm loving the new patch ..gone back to manual as that is now more solid , double tap speed burst now works..differences in dribbling abilities..love it when you skip past a player and leave them for dead..class patch and revived the game for me afyer a stale period

So I'm not the only one who likes it.

I really am not seeing this catch up bug being removed. Im getting players with 60 explosive and speed keeping up the 90+'s i dont get it. Thats using sprint ect, also R2 and R1 when on the ball.

There is no catchup bug in Exhibition or Cup Mode. Only in Master League and only under some circumstances. It's like a switch that gets triggered.

You probably didnt take your placebo pill :P

haha na honestly if you have played the game enough you can see changes since the last patch the major change being AI taking long shots at goal more often look at the video i posted on the last page I never saw anything like that in 300 ML games before the patch and its happens a few times today,also the post and bar are hit more often instead of always going wide like before

I rarely suffer the catch up bug as flicking R2 helps you stay ahead

I'm loving the new patch ..gone back to manual as that is now more solid , double tap speed burst now works..differences in dribbling abilities..love it when you skip past a player and leave them for dead..class patch and revived the game for me afyer a stale period

So I'm not the only one who likes it.

Me to guys.. Before this patch I didn't like playing in master league, now it feels like they toned down almost everything, shooting, passing, pressing, it makes the game more balanced at least for me and my style of play. And maybe it's too early to call but the games I played feels less scripted. I started an ML with Rotherham, played 5 games so far, won one, drew once, and lost three games, I haven't felt cheated from those 5 games (usually after 5 games I feel heavy scripting in at least 2 games) I personally love the new patch like you guys.

Definitely less scripting as well. I still feel that bad teams can easily overpower me and I can easily overpower great teams but I guess we gotta wait for PES 2018 for that fixed. I noticed I usually only get catchup bugs against low rated side. There was an example where Walcott sprinted past a 32 speed dude and he magnetically caught him up. But then against players like Alderwield, Luiz, etc, I can easily burst ahead. Seems really strange.

Don't care what anyone says but to me this patch has made a huge difference, I struggled before to dribble around players but with this new patch I can dribble around players only with the right players, individuality without a doubt massive difference. Got to the point where I was a about to stop playing and get ready for 18 but looks like il be hitting it now till 18 comes out, great work Konami

Don't care what anyone says but to me this patch has made a huge difference, I struggled before to dribble around players but with this new patch I can dribble around players only with the right players, individuality without a doubt massive difference. Got to the point where I was a about to stop playing and get ready for 18 but looks like il be hitting it now till 18 comes out, great work Konami

Same here Jimi. . .I was about to put 17 back into it's case when along came this resuscitator . . . sometimes feels like a new game . .the dribbling is way better, it feels like you have a chance when taking a man on. . the defences are also very solid and they intercept a hell of a lot of balls. . I like the new goalie clawing animation too and the away teams subdued cheering when they score.

Me to guys.. Before this patch I didn't like playing in master league, now it feels like they toned down almost everything, shooting, passing, pressing, it makes the game more balanced at least for me and my style of play. And maybe it's too early to call but the games I played feels less scripted. I started an ML with Rotherham, played 5 games so far, won one, drew once, and lost three games, I haven't felt cheated from those 5 games (usually after 5 games I feel heavy scripting in at least 2 games) I personally love the new patch like you guys.

Good to see you enjoying it Elja . . I take it you're on pc. .you're doing better than I am in ML I haven't won a game yet after 5 matches and 2 cup games.

Yup, something has changed, for the better. In online divisions I can finally beat opponents with pacey wingers (but it's not a sprint through- party or anything, it's just that you don't slow down as much as before).

Online Div with manual settings is still the best online experience u can find in a football game, love it.

Now, if they could update player stats (my pet peeve I know ;))), update NT- squads and brazilian transfers I could play this game until the next. :)

I'm not convinced by this. Played first two matches in ML (Home to Roma, Away to Lazio) after the patch and they felt wonderful, enjoyable thoughtful matches.

switched off the console and played another two (Home v Empoli, Away v Citadella) just before bed. they were slip-slidey 100mph mental games. everything was exaggeratingly over fluid, the opposition were sliding into everything, i got loads of fouls just from passing it to my centre forward and him taking it one step back towards the HW line, simply scything through my players, also after i've taken shots my players always roll 30 yards on the floor from a late tackle. they were awful games to play...

Yeah, while the first games I played with the new patch felt fresh for all the reasons that have been mentioned, I am not as positive today. To me now it is all about pace, you are literally invited to sprint sprint almost all the time while before the sprint trigger had to be used with parsimony if you didn't want to loose the ball. Also while you think your defense is quite well positioned, the cpu (whatever the team you are playing agianst) can breaks it with 2 or 3 vertical passes between the lines and there is barely nothing you can do about. After watching replay, very often I noticed that my defenders while marking a CPU opponent (ST or a WF) at the start of the move, they would let him 5 or plus meters free like if they suddenly ignored his presence. It is like they were attracted forward by the ball or others cpu player. Many many time I found cpu players calling for the ball with my defense not properly reacting to it.
All in all I feel the game is way more "arcade" like now and it managed to bore me yesterday (really never happened before). I might change my mind with more games with it but now I am kind of feel disappointed.

Yeah, while the first games I played with the new patch felt fresh for all the reasons that have been mentioned, I am not as positive today. To me now it is all about pace, you are literally invited to sprint sprint almost all the time while before the sprint trigger had to be used with parsimony if you didn't want to loose the ball. Also while you think your defense is quite well positioned, the cpu (whatever the team you are playing agianst) can breaks it with 2 or 3 vertical passes between the lines and there is barely nothing you can do about. After watching replay, very often I noticed that my defenders while marking a CPU opponent (ST or a WF) at the start of the move, they would let him 5 or plus meters free like if they suddenly ignored his presence. It is like they were attracted forward by the ball or others cpu player. Many many time I found cpu players calling for the ball with my defense not properly reacting to it.
All in all I feel the game is way more "arcade" like now and it managed to bore me yesterday (really never happened before). I might change my mind with more games with it but now I am kind of feel disappointed.

These patches should come with a warning. . .. Might turn user Bi-polar for a few days.

i hate the new patch: can't play the damn game no more on my ps4 pro
if its the ps4 pro bug.... yes you can! set your ps4's resolution to 1080 instead of 2160 and you're good to go!
https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/de/topics/wepes2017_games-16407/

there is a new patch out today that fixes this problem: https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/de/topics/wepes2017_games-16568/ (says something like: fixes the crash that happend after the update from 30.03.17 (v.1.04.01))

Here is a short video with replay of some issue I am having with the game post patch (1.06, 1.07 seems identical to me in terms of gameplay). They all relates to defense attention deficiency with the exception of the last one that show the replay of one of the most *** hurting goal the cpu scored to me. I would have not said much if Messi would have taken the shot but that back pass was a bit too much.

I find myself constantly trying to move my players in the right spot while defending, it was not the case before the patch.

Edit: Here is a second one. The various aspects I want to point out are in the video description.

Last edited:
Hey guys, im reading about this patch, so may i ask? is this effect felt online as well? i mostly play myclub and ive kind of stopped as im a bit bored with the way it plays, are the improvements felt in online modes as well? Cheers

Here is a short video with replay of some issue I am having with the game post patch (1.04.01, 1.04.02 seems identical to me in terms of gameplay). They all relates to defense attention deficiency with the exception of the last one that show the replay of one of the most *** hurting goal the cpu scored to me. I would have not said much if Messi would have taken the shot but that back pass was a bit too much.

I find myself constantly trying to move my players in the right spot while defending, it was not the case before the patch.

Edit: Here is a second one. The various aspects I want to point out are in the video description.

So you're saying the last pach was better ...defense wise?

So you're saying the last pach was better ...defense wise?

Just to make things clear, by last patch I mean the one that dropped few days ago (1.06?). The one that was supposed to fix the Ligue Master mode issues and came with the PS4 pro problems. I think today patch (1.07) didn't change anything in terms of gameplay it is the same as with 1.06.

To answer you question, yes I think before 1.06 the defensive line was way better connected. I was not seeing CB dropping several meters away from the others member of the defensive line. Also, it seems to me the AI decision making (for the user and the cpu) when it comes to go for the ball or mark the man in their vicinity as become very poor.

Just to make things clear, by last patch I mean the one that dropped few days ago (1.06?). The one that was supposed to fix the Ligue Master mode issues and came with the PS4 pro problems. I think today patch (1.07) didn't change anything in terms of gameplay it is the same as with 1.06.

To answer you question, yes I think before 1.06 the defensive line was way better connected. I was not seeing CB dropping several meters away from the others member of the defensive line. Also, it seems to me the AI decision making (for the user and the cpu) when it comes to go for the ball or mark the man in their vicinity as become very poor.

I can't see anything different with todays patch but I watched Matt 10's twitch stream when you were speaking to him and you both seemed happy with positioning what has changed? To me the defences are trying to play offside a lot.

I can't see anything different with todays patch but I watched Matt 10's twitch stream when you were speaking to him and you both seemed happy with positioning what has changed? To me the defences are trying to play offside a lot.

I am speaking for myself, but first I spent more time with the game and the patch. At the time of its stream, I agree I was quite impressed but we were more looking at the will of the cpu to press upper pitch which was quite good to see after the discussion about the ATT/DEF levels and players retreating. Now I am looking more ate the back line and what I see concerns me a lot. Yes they try to play the offside trap but with 3 men where you need 4. Very often one of the 4 D follows an attacker very deep in his defense destroying completely the defensive shape. It happened to me even with the automatic offside trap. From time to time miscommunication is OK but not repeatedly in the same game and games after games.

I think that Konami should stop to force user to patch their games.
Steam on PC is a shitty Platform that update any games i your library without warning and without any way to avoid that. If you play with other games, steam update also PES. No sense.
On PS i seen that the situation is worst. freeze,game, ML screwed up, Edit file don't save etc...
Afer that any modder that want change tactics and gameplay (with exe pacther, dt18 or tactics tweak) is forced to stop his work, cuz all these not required patch totally change the base where all of us work. No sense.
I not use Steam version anymore (i have the orginal game, but i don't use that, sorry guys) and in terms of gameplay i think the 1.01 is better (more slow). There are some bug related to that but i can convive with them
Other thing for Konami is really so difficult put a switch with two different save folder one for online and one for offline ( I MEAN OVER ALL PLATFORM? .

Last edited:
Before the patch I was using pesuniverse option file..since the patch I've gone back to vanilla and the difference for me is obvious..even manual headers work now..anyway it's either the removal of the OF or the new patch or a bit of both but somethings changed...for the better

I am speaking for myself, but first I spent more time with the game and the patch. At the time of its stream, I agree I was quite impressed but we were more looking at the will of the cpu to press upper pitch which was quite good to see after the discussion about the ATT/DEF levels and players retreating. Now I am looking more ate the back line and what I see concerns me a lot. Yes they try to play the offside trap but with 3 men where you need 4. Very often one of the 4 D follows an attacker very deep in his defense destroying completely the defensive shape. It happened to me even with the automatic offside trap. From time to time miscommunication is OK but not repeatedly in the same game and games after games.

Well papinho you and Matt would know a hell of a lot more that I would and notice a lot more so I would go by what you say . ..and I was all happy with the patch myself...will they ever get it right?.. doesn't look like it.

Well papinho you and Matt would know a hell of a lot more that I would and notice a lot more so I would go by what you say . ..and I was all happy with the patch myself...will they ever get it right?.. doesn't look like it.

Mate, I am not saying that it is "not right" to enjoy the game with the patch. We all have different expectation for the game. I am just pointing out issues that I think were absent before the patch that currently make me enjoying the game less than before. But if you are happy with game and you don't experience/suffer from the same issue just ignore my post and enjoy the game.

Back
Top Bottom