PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Gameplay wise, in the patch update, I thought it was interesting a team with all out defence preset tactics still meeting my defenders on my side of the pitch. That is definitely different than before. Still exploring. Will say it's still fairly easy to pass through the CPU defense, but I am seeing less "stunned" tackles and sharper reading of plays (more interceptions).

WIAkfv.png

Gameplay wise, in the patch update, I thought it was interesting a team with all out defence preset tactics still meeting my defenders on my side of the pitch. That is definitely different than before. Still exploring. Will say it's still fairly easy to pass through the CPU defense, but I am seeing less "stunned" tackles and sharper reading of plays (more interceptions).

WIAkfv.png

Matt .. . . your latest tweak can't be saved in edit mode for all teams in a League . . can it? I edited a couple of them and went to exhibition and the att/def went back to normal. ..also I used the by ability and a att/def change on and to my surprise the team I was using perfomed subs without me instructing even though I had auto sub off.

Matt .. . . your latest tweak can't be saved in edit mode for all teams in a League . . can it? I edited a couple of them and went to exhibition and the att/def went back to normal. ..also I used the by ability and a att/def change on and to my surprise the team I was using perfomed subs without me instructing even though I had auto sub off.

It should. However, @papinho81 discovered that 3 of the simple tactics do not seem to work:

►►► Simple Tactical Settings & Level/Color:►►►

X Long Ball → GREEN/ORANGE
X Quick Counter → GREEN/ORANGE
X Possession → GREEN/GREEN or GREEN/ORANGE
---------All Working below this line--------------
√ All Out Defence → ORANGE/ORANGE
√ All Out Attack → ORANGE/ORANGE
√ Out Wide (Offensive) → GREEN/GREEN
√ Out Wide (Defensive) → BLUE/BLUE
√ Down Middle (Offensive) → GREEN/GREEN
√ Down Middle (Defensive) → BLUE/BLUE

It should. However, @papinho81 discovered that 3 of the simple tactics do not seem to work:

►►► Simple Tactical Settings & Level/Color:►►►

X Long Ball → GREEN/ORANGE
X Quick Counter → GREEN/ORANGE
X Possession → GREEN/GREEN or GREEN/ORANGE
---------All Working below this line--------------
√ All Out Defence → ORANGE/ORANGE
√ All Out Attack → ORANGE/ORANGE
√ Out Wide (Offensive) → GREEN/GREEN
√ Out Wide (Defensive) → BLUE/BLUE
√ Down Middle (Offensive) → GREEN/GREEN
√ Down Middle (Defensive) → BLUE/BLUE

I was using possession so that makes sense ..thanks Matt.

WIAkfv.png

Could it be simply that the defense level is orange and thus offensive players are involved more into pressing rather than defending into their own half?
Also do you have any video (stream?) with the gameplay with the last patch? I would love to see if it changes anything positive or negative before installing it myself. Sorry to ask someone else being my guinea peag but as you already have installed it.

Could it be simply that the defense level is orange and thus offensive players are involved more into pressing rather than defending into their own half?
Also do you have any video (stream?) with the gameplay with the last patch? I would love to see if it changes anything positive or negative before installing it myself. Sorry to ask someone else being my guinea peag but as you already have installed it.

Yeah, I'll stream in a moment here. The team I was playing was Udinese, and they were in blue defense.

Whats the recommended level to edit teams with Green - green? And how do you get back to default setting?

So findings seem to be that this patch has indeed updated gameplay.

- Less venomous shots
- Better reaction saves
- Less accuracy on shots
- More collision detection between players
- Less instant retreat, even on all-out defense tactics
- Less room on the flanks
- Higher defensive awareness
- Ball moves slower on the ground
- Less time at top of the box, on corners, for a first-time, half volley

I still dislike the incredible of agility and shifty movements of players, but it is what it is. A solid update indeed. Well done Konami.

So findings seem to be that this patch has indeed updated gameplay.

- Less venomous shots
- Better reaction saves
- Less accuracy on shots
- More collision detection between players
- Less instant retreat, even on all-out defense tactics
- Less room on the flanks
- Higher defensive awareness
- Ball moves slower on the ground
- Less time at top of the box, on corners, for a first-time, half volley

I still dislike the incredible of agility and shifty movements of players, but it is what it is. A solid update indeed. Well done Konami.

Watched your twitch stream Matt .. .. great stuff. . .remind me to avoid Brazil on orange. Any suggestions Matt on the fairest way to set up teams for an ML.

Hi can anyone clarify these points- are the gameplay changes attached to the patch or the live update?

Is the live update auto?

If I download live update will it mess up my pesuniverse option file?

I'm not sure if pesuniverse has changed stats or not

Hi can anyone clarify these points- are the gameplay changes attached to the patch or the live update?

Is the live update auto?

If I download live update will it mess up my pesuniverse option file?

I'm not sure if pesuniverse has changed stats or not
Gameplay changes can only appear in patches.

Watched your twitch stream Matt .. .. great stuff. . .remind me to avoid Brazil on orange. Any suggestions Matt on the fairest way to set up teams for an ML.

Yeah, no kidding about Brazil. My keeper made some great saves though, not even full diving saves, but just reaction ones.

In terms of ML, do you mean for the ATT/DEF? If so, Green/Green was looking pretty good for me earlier, however if the set up by default is working with this new patch update, there may not be a point to adjusting the ATT/DEF - especially by how I saw the CPU act on blue with all-out defense on.

Yeah, no kidding about Brazil. My keeper made some great saves though, not even full diving saves, but just reaction ones.

In terms of ML, do you mean for the ATT/DEF? If so, Green/Green was looking pretty good for me earlier, however if the set up by default is working with this new patch update, there may not be a point to adjusting the ATT/DEF - especially by how I saw the CPU act on blue with all-out defense on.

I was just thinking that. . .I played 2 exhibition matches tonight without tweaks . . I was Italy v Germany. . .got beaten 0-1 and 0-3 but wow great matches and I immediately thought that this might not need adjusting. ...I noticed that there wasn't as many fouls given but the ones that were given were correctly given. . the collisions are different and corners and long ball passes are more effective . ..found the German defence hard to breach on Superstar and even putting away a chance was difficult. ..I saw some decent saves as well ... looking good so far.

Ahhh the pes update placebo in full force again!

Guys, these gameplay edits look really good. Is there an option file with all these changes already implemented?

Guys, these gameplay edits look really good. Is there an option file with all these changes already implemented?

Definitely not a placebo. Have been paying extra attention to these items, and their consistency before were so obvious; now to see them not be...it can only mean a change. Deco's video supports that as well. See how much tighter the defenders are to the forward as well? Tight marking in advanced instructions is not on, why are they marking them tighter than before? Before you could pass easily to a forward, and a defender would be 5-10 yards behind.

Well beaten on new patch Superstar manual.

Good match, a lot of little things in that one. Love the Buffon reaction as well.

Definitely not a placebo. Have been paying extra attention to these items, and their consistency before were so obvious; now to see them not be...it can only mean a change. Deco's video supports that as well. See how much tighter the defenders are to the forward as well? Tight marking in advanced instructions is not on, why are they marking them tighter than before? Before you could pass easily to a forward, and a defender would be 5-10 yards behind.

Good match, a lot of little things in that one. Love the Buffon reaction as well.

I only put it up for others to see the little differences. . .I noticed when the Germans went to orange that the build up was more patient and they would still pass it back and sideways instead of everybody milling forward . ..looked a lot more balanced and a lot of the team still held their positions .. . .one thing let me down . . .I could still nick the ball off the defenders toe .. .pet hate of mine.

I was just thinking that. . .I played 2 exhibition matches tonight without tweaks . . I was Italy v Germany. . .got beaten 0-1 and 0-3 but wow great matches and I immediately thought that this might not need adjusting. ...I noticed that there wasn't as many fouls given but the ones that were given were correctly given. . the collisions are different and corners and long ball passes are more effective . ..found the German defence hard to breach on Superstar and even putting away a chance was difficult. ..I saw some decent saves as well ... looking good so far.

Germany is Green/Green just in case

Nice effort fron Robben in a 0-0 where the Netherlands stayed on orange for the whole match . . .I know they would have lowered it if they went ahead.

I've just gone to no patch or edit version of the game with no kits either , feels so much better comparing to pesuniverse patch..not sure why or if it's placebo..I've even gone to minus 1 speed compared to the plus one I was using ..weird

Thing is, konami never provide an update with a gameplay change log. But if you play the game daily you'll notice there are changes, usually very small changers, but in this latest patch you can definitely feel many gameplay changes.

I personally think this update is amazing (even on masterleague), I never enjoyed this game this much before. I think konami did something to the goalkeepers, cause I see more cool animations coming out, rather than those awkward one handed high/low jumps. I also see more long shots by the CPU (not just the rebound long shots from corners), and like in Deco's robben video, the cpu shooting finesse shots form outside the box, really cool.

I think I mentioned a few posts back that after the latest patch the gameplay has definitely changed its not placebo

I know this because I stayed offline to play my ml then decided to download the new patch and start a new option file and Ml while testing some edits in exhibition matches I noticed right away it played differently, one big change is the amount of times the post and bar are hit because before in my ml it happened like once every 10 games or more now it happens every match almost

Thing is, konami never provide an update with a gameplay change log. But if you play the game daily you'll notice there are changes, usually very small changers, but in this latest patch you can definitely feel many gameplay changes.

I personally think this update is amazing (even on masterleague), I never enjoyed this game this much before. I think konami did something to the goalkeepers, cause I see more cool animations coming out, rather than those awkward one handed high/low jumps. I also see more long shots by the CPU (not just the rebound long shots from corners), and like in Deco's robben video, the cpu shooting finesse shots form outside the box, really cool.
I noticed a keeper animation where he kind of scrambled across the goal ..never seen it before but not sure if it was patch related

Back
Top Bottom