PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

In my games the teams play like real-life top class futebol sides. It is quite jaw-dropping actually from my experience how good it is, I regularly see real-life Champions League goals in my games of Pes 2017. Can't speak for your games as your playstyle, team setup and what you do with att/def levels during the game will affect what happens on the pitch.

You complained earlier that the DMF does not function like a DMF, when in my games DMF functions just fine (helps out the back four effectively).

Futebol intricacies, etc is all there in my games , all of what you describe.

So when you say less robot and more humanized , I completely disagree, it is very humanized in what is possible on the pitch. I can feel the differences in ability of each of my 11 players on the pitch, their weakness and strengths is obvious after many games.

I like how Konami mirrors the top class futebol, I would not like that to change. So regards to your 'rigid tactics/strats' , I dont agree that they are. Infact, they add another layer of complexity to the game that makes sense (it happens in real futebol).

Then you pal have a different version of PES to everyone else.

I played NHL 17 for the first time this week, and I feel a bit heartsick. (I could have posted this in the FIFA thread, but all of the below applies more to my favourite football game than it does to FIFA.)

When I came to play the game, it asked me how realistic I wanted the settings to be, with four choices. They didn't range from "easy" to "hard" (which was a different section), they ranged from "arcade" to "simulation".

The sliders included:
  • Attribute Effects: How much player attributes override your input (which we've all been talking about, PES needs this!!!!!!)
  • Aggression: How likely the CPU is to foul OUT OF CHOICE(!!!)
  • CPU Difficulty: Once you've picked a difficulty level you can TWEAK their "telepathic" levels up or down
  • AI Learning: How quickly the AI move to block your previous move (instantly, or after you've done it a few times)
  • Fatigue Effect: The degree that fatigue slows the players down
  • Fatigue Recovery: How quickly players recover that stamina
  • (Human) Pass Accuracy: Instead of just having PA0/PA1 etc., you can choose the degree of assistance
  • Min (& Max) Pass Speed: Much more control over pass speed

This is just a selection of my favourites.

When you pick a period length, all of these sliders scale automatically (e.g. shortest time = quick fatigue, quick recovery, quick AI learning).

(On a quick FIFA note, though, I'm genuinely gutted seeing how much more customisation and choice you get in every other sports title they do.)

Yes. Imo the Hockey games have always been superior interms of options and aettings to customise how YOU want the game to play like.

The best bit is that its not placebo... the settings ACTUALLY make a difference. I just wish the football games used these features.

New patch available 1.04.01
Super's just posted the details in the PC thread, nothing exciting unfortunately...

The latest patch file is now available as of 30/03/2017.
The contents are as below:

■Bug Fixes
A data error would occur when starting a new Master League and loading save data after applying the Live Update [APPLY LIVE UPDATE] during the period 09/03/2017 to 16/03/2017.
*Since it is not possible to fix the Master League save data that is experiencing the error, please create a new game in Master League.

New patch available 1.04.01

Thomas, following the update released by Konami today. Some users who own PS4 Pro are having their game frozen.

It has been discovered that on applying Patch1.04.01 available as of 30/03/2017, the game may freeze when started if played on PlayStation®4 Pro.

An additional patch designed to rectify this issue is due soon.

In the meantime we recommend users affected by this issue to use the below workaround to avoid the issue.
* Select [Settings] → [Sound and Screen] → [Video Output Settings] → [Resolution] and finally [1080p].

We would like to apologise for all inconveniences caused.

I'm not even about winning v losing, or even drawing. I'm more so concerned with PES 17 and the incredibly, loud and not subtle at all, way of the CPU's attack. It's manic, it's end to end, it's not strategic, it's not about breaking you down, it's about wearing you out.

I've gone over to PES 15 and dealing with some of it's issues, but at least I know it's going to be a patient match, one where I can tell the animations of the CPU players are "thinking" on what they are trying to accomplish - not mindless attacks as in PES 17.

Even with my findings of the ATT/DEF, there is no balance. KONAMI placed too much emphasis on tactics, which results in, ironically, zero strategy. It's a shame because the ball physics are fantastic, and the player models (no more baggy shorts) are a step up from previous years. I just hope they lower the tactics effectiveness by about 50% threshold and mix up the shooting variations in PES 2018.

mmm I actually thought Barca was trying to break me down in this match...haven't seen this end to end too, maybe because of how I was defending. Take a look.

One of the ways to solve this is for teams to have managers. The managers have a profile and attributes. That will give more variety. And every team in an ML should have 'expectations' and a manager might be sacked if they don't meet them and on comes a new manager, with new profile attributes that change the team's way of playing. And I don't mean just the style, but their decision making. Some managers might be more 'boneheaded' and stick to their tactical beliefs regardless of squad, some might be more adaptable and willing to 'sell-out' their preferred style for a better chance at winning.

mmm I actually thought Barca was trying to break me down in this match...haven't seen this end to end too, maybe because of how I was defending. Take a look.

Well...I mean if you put all 10 men back, surely there won't be any end-to-end action, of course.

Also, that's a good example of a team wearing you down. Even when they pass the ball backwards, it's at a rapid pace, and is hurried.

Alas, like Chris said before, one man's perfection could be another man's misery (or something to that effect). So agree to disagree will be a common theme.

Here's my contribution to the videos, a tough little half and feeling broken down, and not being wore out - except when Messi has the ball, go figure:

I only play Online Divisions and enjoy it but it's starting to get really boring since a lot of players that have had great seasons still are quite crap. Also, the brazilian league is a joke, love those teams but the squads are horribly outdated. Felipe Melo not in Palmeiras, etc, etc, etc. It's these little things that makes the game feel fresh longer.

Well...I mean if you put all 10 men back, surely there won't be any end-to-end action, of course.

Also, that's a good example of a team wearing you down. Even when they pass the ball backwards, it's at a rapid pace, and is hurried.

Alas, like Chris said before, one man's perfection could be another man's misery (or something to that effect). So agree to disagree will be a common theme.

Here's my contribution to the videos, a tough little half and feeling broken down, and not being wore out - except when Messi has the ball, go figure:

Your video is set to private Matt.

Super's just posted the details in the PC thread, nothing exciting unfortunately...

I don't understand their testing process. that's a terrible bug to introduce, and one that can be detected immediately simply by starting a master league after applying the update, which should be a part of any basic checks done for testing live updates. mental

I don't understand their testing process. that's a terrible bug to introduce, and one that can be detected immediately simply by starting a master league after applying the update, which should be a part of any basic checks done for testing live updates. mental
Yeah - it's the PS4 Pro / 4K TV one that they've just introduced with this hotfix that makes my head spin, though. A) Sony won't like that given that they're trying to sell PS4 Pros by the truckload, B) Konami can't afford 4K TVs for their testers shocker, and C) that'll be two hotfixes in a row (and God knows when it'll arrive, this is Konami).

If shooting yourself in the foot was an olympic sport...

That doesn't make sense to me. maybe they reverted to a previous build state to fix the master league/data pack issue, but that build state was also one that pre-dated PS4 Pro support. truly amateur hour whatever has happened.

Yeah - it's the PS4 Pro / 4K TV one that they've just introduced with this hotfix that makes my head spin, though. A) Sony won't like that given that they're trying to sell PS4 Pros by the truckload, B) Konami can't afford 4K TVs for their testers shocker, and C) that'll be two hotfixes in a row (and God knows when it'll arrive, this is Konami).

If shooting yourself in the foot was an olympic sport...
please no, i won't overcome a weekend without pes...

please no, i won't overcome a weekend without pes...
I believe there's a workaround - apparently setting your PS4 Pro to output in 1080p max fixes it. But I haven't verified this, I've just read it in a few different places.

Back
Top Bottom