PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Talking a bit about gameplay, I feel like medium range passes don't take stats into account. I feel like short and long range ones do, but the intermediate ones seem to be devoid of individuality. Anyone else feel the same? Not to always compare, but the passing in FIFA seems more stat based and varied with the ball physics and the body shape for the pass.

The only great pes about individuality was pes2013. This year is for sure better than 15 and 16 but still lacks in that aspect.

The following is what i have found:

Bug Fixes:
General
・When kicking a High Pass using R2+○ (RT+B) as the goalkeeper the ball’s drop point would sometimes not display.
・When the opponent takes a goal kick, sometimes your team’s DMFs were positioned ahead of the opponent’s FWs.
・The displayed information on opposition players and their formation, shown when Tight Marking is set in the Advanced Instructions of Game Plan, would not update even though the opponent had changed.
・A black diagonal line was seen in the match window.
・When multiple users are playing in Cup mode or League mode, if certain conditions are met, sometimes playing normally was not possible.
・When playing a VS COM match in the Team Play Lobby, the setting for the COM team’s commentary team name was not updated for only the match room owner.

Become a Legend
・When playing in extra time of the Internationals and scoring or assisting, the stats are counted in rankings but not Career Records.

Master League
・When you check the Game Plan of other players, when a goalkeeper of another player is absent due to injury, you would not be able to exit the Game Plan.
・A substitute player with a Team Role that is effective towards Team Spirit enters the match but Team Spirit was not affected.
・The description of the Team Role [Maestro] was inaccurate.
・When a manager is transferred, the manager carried over their budget from their previously coached team.

myClub
・The formation and tactics for some managers were incorrect after the Live Update was applied.
・The formation 4-1-4-1 was displayed incorrectly when compared to the Game Plan in the Squad Management window.
・When displaying a comparison window of squad players and reserves, followed by selecting [Back] to close the window, the cursor is located at the left top of reserves.
・The message displayed when participating in myClub competitions with a team consisting of less than 18 players was difficult to understand.

Edit
・The edited hairstyle of certain players appeared incorrectly after Data Pack 2.0 was applied.

* Minor adjustments have been made to a variety of modes to improve the general gaming experience.

The third data pack for PES 2017 is now live and available for free download on PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and Steam.

To start, the new data pack adds the popular myClub mode to the free to play PES 2017 trial edition. From now up until February 23rd, those who start myClub for the first time will receive a UEFA Team of the Year player and a PES Player agent to help bolster their squads.

In addition, the update has added perfect recreations of a number of current players including Jordan Henderson, Roberto Firmino, Idrissa Gueye and Aaron Cresswell along with a number of other players from the French, Italian, English, Brazilian and Argentinian leagues.

Several Legend players from PES partners Liverpool FC and FC Barcelona have been added with Michael Owen, Ian Rush, Robbie Fowler, Lilian Thuram, Ludovic Giuly, Laurent Blanc, Hristo Stoichkov and Ronald Koeman all coming to myClub in data pack 3.

Other design additions include 8 classic Borussia Dortmund strips spanning from 1975 through to 2012 celebrating Dortmund’s rise to stardom. New pitch hoardings have been added along with new boot designs from Nike, Adidas and Puma. Data pack 3 also premieres the Adidas ball which will be used in the 2016/17 UEFA Champions League final in Cardiff. (source: pesfan)

So...
I have never been a FPS maniac, but since I got myself a new system, I was excited to check how PES 2017 did on the new system. And to my surprise, it's kind of locked at 45-47 FPS. I couldn't believe it.
This is a PC that's currently running every game at max resolution with ULTRA/HIGH level of details depending on which game it is, with no lag, stutter or whatnot..
Even FIFA 17 runs at 4K resolutions and ULTRA details set.

How can it be that PES can't keep it at 60?

This is my System Specs:

PROCESSOR: Intel i7 7700K Kaby Lake @4.5GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200
VGA: Sapphire Radeon Tri-x R9 290x 4gb Ddr5 Oc Gddr5
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Enthuasic Gaming Intel Z170 M7
FAN & COOLING: Cooler Master Hyper 612 Ver.2
CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 WHITE

So...
I have never been a FPS maniac, but since I got myself a new system, I was excited to check how PES 2017 did on the new system. And to my surprise, it's kind of locked at 45-47 FPS. I couldn't believe it.
This is a PC that's currently running every game at max resolution with ULTRA/HIGH level of details depending on which game it is, with no lag, stutter or whatnot..
Even FIFA 17 runs at 4K resolutions and ULTRA details set.

How can it be that PES can't keep it at 60?

This is my System Specs:

PROCESSOR: Intel i7 7700K Kaby Lake @4.5GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200
VGA: Sapphire Radeon Tri-x R9 290x 4gb Ddr5 Oc Gddr5
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Enthuasic Gaming Intel Z170 M7
FAN & COOLING: Cooler Master Hyper 612 Ver.2
CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 WHITE
I don't really know much about AMD drivers, but with Nvidia drivers, some kind of micro stuttering appears in PES when you set "Power management mode" to "Adaptive". The problems disappear when you change it to "Prefer maximum performance", so you could try to disable similar power saving settings in your AMD drivers.

I would argue it looks even better on PC ,( I use Fruits enhancements and no sweetfx.)

Hi SuperLeeds, forgive me in advance if this has already been answered or I need to post in another thread. Im giving the PC a shot after owning the PS4 a while ago (found a right price). My assumption is the gameplay is pretty much the same but with lowered graphics, from what I can tell from the demo. Would you mind sharing what Fruits enhancements you have? Also, in ps4 you could download kits and the file would be just less than 100MB. Is there an option file that just does kits/emblems/names without having to download 15 200MB parts from a MEGA server?

Thanks in advance

Hi SuperLeeds, forgive me in advance if this has already been answered or I need to post in another thread. Im giving the PC a shot after owning the PS4 a while ago (found a right price). My assumption is the gameplay is pretty much the same but with lowered graphics, from what I can tell from the demo. Would you mind sharing what Fruits enhancements you have? Also, in ps4 you could download kits and the file would be just less than 100MB. Is there an option file that just does kits/emblems/names without having to download 15 200MB parts from a MEGA server?

Thanks in advance
the ps4 gameplay is more solid more how to say, more balanced all over meaning, each game has the same responsiveness and there is no animation overriding on ps4 whatsoever, on pc u never know when animation overriding begins and u see players running through players etc.....etc.. on ps4 its all organized, i can definitely confirm through ball on 1 bar assistance works on ps4, on pc 1 bar assistance isn't the same as 1 bar assistance on ps4, through balls on ps4 1 bar assistance have different path when u press it, meaning have the better outcome compared to pc where u will find through balls going to where it shouldnt go, that is the most thing i noticed playing both versions..

the ps4 gameplay is more solid more how to say, more balanced all over meaning, each game has the same responsiveness and there is no animation overriding on ps4 whatsoever, on pc u never know when animation overriding begins and u see players running through players etc.....etc.. on ps4 its all organized, i can definitely confirm through ball on 1 bar assistance works on ps4, on pc 1 bar assistance isn't the same as 1 bar assistance on ps4, through balls on ps4 1 bar assistance have different path when u press it, meaning have the better outcome compared to pc where u will find through balls going to where it shouldnt go, that is the most thing i noticed playing both versions..

I have never seen players running through players Ramgamer. Nor do through balls go wayward.

In response to El Niche I use Fruits Modular enhancements here
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/f...lc-merged-and-modular-released-1-07-11.76692/ without the sweetfx.

For the record I play game on -1 speed.

Your assumption that gameplay is pretty much the same is correct.Except that on PC version now there are so many mods available to enhance the experience that in my opinion it surpasses other platforms, from HD Boots,electronic changing adboards,stadiums,complete menu overhauls,kits,faces,gloves,new scoreboards,full patches,enhanced tactics etc etc.

I have never seen players running through players Ramgamer. Nor do through balls go wayward.

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/f...lc-merged-and-modular-released-1-07-11.76692/ without the sweetfx.

For the record I play game on -1 speed.

Your assumption that gameplay is pretty much the same is correct.Except that on PC version now there are so many mods available to enhance the experience that in my opinion it surpasses other platforms, from HD Boots,electronic changing adboards,stadiums,complete menu overhauls,kits,faces,gloves,new scoreboards,full patches,enhanced tactics etc etc.
there is animation overriding, i have experienced it and extra responsiveness which comes and goes , sometimes if i play a game vs a friend and then turn off pc and turn on back i feel the extra responsiveness i don t know and i can t confirm if its xbox controller thing but there is either normal response or extra responsive players even though all players are on normal fitness level

there is animation overriding, i have experienced it and extra responsiveness which comes and goes , sometimes if i play a game vs a friend and then turn off pc and turn on back i feel the extra responsiveness i don t know and i can t confirm if its xbox controller thing but there is either normal response or extra responsive players even though all players are on normal fitness level

That just makes no sense.

I really like how the game plays after the dlc update. The flow of the game is really nice and balanced on Top Player (on superstar it's still crap imo) Do konami really tweak the gameplay without saying, or is it just me being crazy on the placebo effect.

I really like how the game plays after the dlc update. The flow of the game is really nice and balanced on Top Player (on superstar it's still crap imo) Do konami really tweak the gameplay without saying, or is it just me being crazy on the placebo effect.

I think that they do unofficially update it Elja. ..as for this update I'm not sure . . there is a lot of the original dribble past 3 players in the box and pass it to a player to roll it low into the corner back in the game but I do feel that it's more balanced even on Superstar . .in most matches you seem to have a fairer chance of a good result than pre patch..

You are absolutly right. Konami really tweak the gameplay. ;)

i think they have tweaked quite a bit, certainly on manual and also tweaked the AI.

I havent seen was stupidly hit cross, you can still over hit but not the ones that go flying off
Also same for the advanced through ball, far more control

Very good addiction to the game

I think that they do unofficially update it Elja. ..as for this update I'm not sure . . there is a lot of the original dribble past 3 players in the box and pass it to a player to roll it low into the corner back in the game but I do feel that it's more balanced even on Superstar . .in most matches you seem to have a fairer chance of a good result than pre patch..

Hey deco, yeah konami don't announce gameplay update, yet you can feel that the game has changed.. Are you saying that it's easier than pre patch? I tried some games on superstar, I don't know about ps4 but on pc it does'nt feel good at all, the AI ping pongs the passing and does these perfect long balls followed by two quick passes and shoots bottom corner and there's nothing we can do. I haven't tested enough games though cause I found my sweet spot on top player.

Anyone think CPU AI is pushing up more players for corners ?

You are absolutly right. Konami really tweak the gameplay. ;)

i think they have tweaked quite a bit, certainly on manual and also tweaked the AI.

I havent seen was stupidly hit cross, you can still over hit but not the ones that go flying off
Also same for the advanced through ball, far more control

Very good addiction to the game

So it's not just me then, we can definitely feel the difference in the balance of the game. I thought it was probably just placebo because I have been playing pes 2014 lately. Now the game feels really good

I tried some games on superstar, I don't know about ps4 but on pc it does'nt feel good at all, the AI ping pongs the passing and does these perfect long balls followed by two quick passes and shoots bottom corner and there's nothing we can do. I haven't tested enough games though cause I found my sweet spot on top player.
It was like that for me pre-patch and it's like that for me now... (As I've been saying in the ML thread, I've reached a point in my ML career where if I play on any difficulty other than Superstar I win by a silly amount, but on Superstar it's all ping-pong and 93%+ pass accuracy at full time.)

Hey deco, yeah konami don't announce gameplay update, yet you can feel that the game has changed.. Are you saying that it's easier than pre patch? I tried some games on superstar, I don't know about ps4 but on pc it does'nt feel good at all, the AI ping pongs the passing and does these perfect long balls followed by two quick passes and shoots bottom corner and there's nothing we can do. I haven't tested enough games though cause I found my sweet spot on top player.

So it's not just me then, we can definitely feel the difference in the balance of the game. I thought it was probably just placebo because I have been playing pes 2014 lately. Now the game feels really good

In my view Elja there are a few different ML loads . . .there's the one where you get beaten in the first 4 or 5 matches. .or the one that I experienced the other day where I had 5 draws in a row. .. . if changes have been made since the update then they are very subtle as Jimi was saying. I noticed the keepers have an animation now where they stick up one hand without moving like stopping traffic and it goes out for a corner. . .it feels like there's less fouls and penos unless it's a derby match . .. the AI doesn't seem as ruthless in front of goal as it did before .. But I put up a vid of the AI passing back to the keeper from midfield a while back but I haven't seen it happening since then. So I'm not sure about changes.

.. the AI doesn't seem as ruthless in front of goal as it did before .. But I put up a vid of the AI passing back to the keeper from midfield a while back but I haven't seen it happening since then. So I'm not sure about changes.
Bang on. This is a game where if you reboot the console and play two games of a new ML, you'll see an entirely different set of patterns from the last time. Spotting any real gameplay tweaks is impossible, but if they'd changed anything, why would they hide it? Given their PR guys, they'd be spewing out tweets like "always making the game better" and "if you hadn't already bought it you need to buy it now". They wouldn't miss an opportunity...

I see your point deco and chris. It is quite possible that the AI's behavior is completely random. But I just feel there's something different from the last time I played this game, especially how the AI builds their attack.. ahh I don't know, I'm just guessing things.

Anyway, I played a few more ML matches on TP, and the AI is just not clinical in front of goal. They're wasting too much chance, their shots are either wide or strait to my keeper. Good thing is my finishing is as bad as the AI, but if I played with basic shooting this would be a problem.

Thank you so much Mr Leeds. I installed it and coupled with the fact that I found out my game was defaulting to 720p instead of 1080p, the game doesnt look half bad.

Now, I haven't played this game since Oct on PS4, but so far the games I've played have been really fun. Don't know if I'm ready to start a ML as I remember thats when the frustrating scripting comes into play, but hopefully if there are some gamplay changes in the last updates, it has been toned down

I see your point deco and chris. It is quite possible that the AI's behavior is completely random. But I just feel there's something different from the last time I played this game, especially how the AI builds their attack.. ahh I don't know, I'm just guessing things.

Anyway, I played a few more ML matches on TP, and the AI is just not clinical in front of goal. They're wasting too much chance, their shots are either wide or strait to my keeper. Good thing is my finishing is as bad as the AI, but if I played with basic shooting this would be a problem.

That's exactly how I found it Elja . .I couldn't believe how many chances that the AI missed in one match something like 12 clear ones and I do find the build up a bit different not as frantic. This is what I said earlier about Ml seemed like you have a better chance of getting a result.. . .I'm confused now.

Back
Top Bottom