PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Okay guys, essentially my PS4 controller is out of action for a few days while I exchange it (I broke the R2 button playing too much Pro Evo...).

I saw some of the comments about it running smooth on PC and decided to give it another install. This time, there is no input lag what so ever. It's running as smooth as butter.

There are two things i'm doing differently this time round:

1) I'm using my Xbone instead of the PS4 controller. It could be this, as I mentioned before about Xinput etc. affecting my input lag, and considering the PS4 is going through input mapper then it's possible. I hope it's not this, because I don't feel as comfortable playing with my Xbone controller (although happy to do so as a last resort).

2) I'm not using PES Galaxy patch. Honestly, I think it could be this. The download was too large for me to be bothered to wait for, so I fired the game up without it and it was running perfectly. Then, I downloaded PTE as it is was relatively small, and again, no input lag. It's a shame as PES Galaxy is full of so much content (but at the same time this could be part of the problem?). On the other hand, I guess it works for others, so who knows.

3) An additional option 3 is that it has all been in my head. I really don't think this is the case, as I have spent an incredible amount of time playing the PS4 version, so when things don't feel 'right', I notice.

Anyway, it's fixed for now. I'm keen to get my PS4 controller replaced so that I can fire it up with that and hope for the best. I won't be hasty this time and i'll keep my PS4 version around just in case things don't work out.

Okay guys, essentially my PS4 controller is out of action for a few days while I exchange it (I broke the R2 button playing too much Pro Evo...).

I saw some of the comments about it running smooth on PC and decided to give it another install. This time, there is no input lag what so ever. It's running as smooth as butter.

There are two things i'm doing differently this time round:

1) I'm using my Xbone instead of the PS4 controller. It could be this, as I mentioned before about Xinput etc. affecting my input lag, and considering the PS4 is going through input mapper then it's possible. I hope it's not this, because I don't feel as comfortable playing with my Xbone controller (although happy to do so as a last resort).

2) I'm not using PES Galaxy patch. Honestly, I think it could be this. The download was too large for me to be bothered to wait for, so I fired the game up without it and it was running perfectly. Then, I downloaded PTE as it is was relatively small, and again, no input lag. It's a shame as PES Galaxy is full of so much content (but at the same time this could be part of the problem?). On the other hand, I guess it works for others, so who knows.

3) An additional option 3 is that it has all been in my head. I really don't think this is the case, as I have spent an incredible amount of time playing the PS4 version, so when things don't feel 'right', I notice.

Anyway, it's fixed for now. I'm keen to get my PS4 controller replaced so that I can fire it up with that and hope for the best. I won't be hasty this time and i'll keep my PS4 version around just in case things don't work out.

You can always try to tinker with the various add-ons to the PES Galaxy patch, I have, e.g., removed the stadiums and graphic effects as it made the game speed up.

We Brothers website says one video made it by MEP Games from Youtube just confirm PES 2018 continues again to be last gen. :(( And as a rumour... FIFA is nearly make a contract to licence Chinese and Ucranian Leagues this year.

Ok. But who does that is from Peru and it have all informations of konami. I watch is video on MEP Games and it tell us in brazillian to look in to this user on twitter and following is website. Is just know any information of konami and how many % as been sold konami since 2014. https://todowe.blogspot.pt/ and https://twitter.com/NocturnoV
Make sure you guys can confirm to me if this is real or it's just fake :))
If you know spanish.
And MEP said konami doesn´t release a better game untill the fans buy is game. (This is a kind of creepy.)
Video

If someone here is brazillian please make sure this is 100% real.
Thanks Pat and Superleeds.

Last edited:
what the hell is this discussion
i have both versions pc and ps4 pro.
where ist the better game or graphic on ps4. sorry i cant see.
ok on ps4 pro the lighting is much better an the pitch in replays looks fantastic. BUT
the pitch in the standard camera position looks terible. the pc version with mods has a better
pitch in the standard camera positions and also in the animations for yellow cards or some actions.
only in replays of fouls or goals the pitch looks awesome.
then with pesgalaxy patch and so on super realistic faces are in the pc version.
over 40 stadiums are in the pc version with allianz arena santiago bernabeu etc.
i find the pc version is much better in visuals and the gameplay at pc its still the same.
so bros only better replays and lighting makes a better pes 2017. never

what the hell is this discussion
i have both versions pc and ps4 pro.
where ist the better game or graphic on ps4. sorry i cant see.
ok on ps4 pro the lighting is much better an the pitch in replays looks fantastic. BUT
the pitch in the standard camera position looks terible. the pc version with mods has a better
pitch in the standard camera positions and also in the animations for yellow cards or some actions.
only in replays of fouls or goals the pitch looks awesome.
then with pesgalaxy patch and so on super realistic faces are in the pc version.
over 40 stadiums are in the pc version with allianz arena santiago bernabeu etc.
i find the pc version is much better in visuals and the gameplay at pc its still the same.
so bros only better replays and lighting makes a better pes 2017. never

ofc pc with mods could be better than ps4
but if the game has a better base(graphics/ textures/crowds etc) , with mods it could be even better
for example, the rating for the original pc version =5/10 and with mods=7/10
how about they make pc version better
the original pc version could be 7/10 and with mods could be 9/10
surely we need mods to make the game great but the producer(konami) should also improve
its 2017 now, we just deserve much better graphics in pc
I don't like people saying that we got mods so we will be good enough
it just gives konami excuse to ignore pc

We can all agree that the PC version (unmodded) is significantly inferior to the PS4 version. Even modded the PC version has inferior lighting, crowd and weather effects. I have also yet to see a mod that fixes missing shadows. All these could be fixed if the game wasn't restricted by DX9. Don't get me wrong, their are some superb mods out for PES but their are some things modders can't fix.

Last edited:
Does anybody notice low scores in games controlled by PC ?
Im playing custom league and ATM scores are like 0:0 or 1:0/0:1 even in games where good teams play against weak.

today, for the first time, probably after hundreds of games played, the AI goalkeeper fouled me as I was about to bypass him and received a straight red card :R1 never thought I'd live to see that... :))

As some people I have both versions PS4 and PC (really good), after many many time playing I have to say:
- Yes modding, editing and all this things are awesome on PC (as usual).
- BUT, theres is a big difference on player reponse and smooth play on PS4, big. Also I clary notice that the level of scripting is miles higher on PC, this is annoing for me.
Other way, both versions are the best made until now.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom