PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

I have patch version 1.04; is that the one they are talking about?
v. 1.04 is refered to the pes2017.exe of the game
DLC 3.0 is refered to the Datapack n°3 (dt80_300E_win.cpk) released with exe v.1.04

these updates are been automatically downloaded through Steam since 09th February 2017.

So yes you're talking about the same game version.

Last edited:
Now that you mention patch and with all the modding you can do in PC, I dont see anything this year regarding a mod for gameplay changes.... I remember 3-4 years ago they improved the game, are they not available any

This is only for PS4: At the end of the survey it asks for a PS ID.
I only have the PC version and not the PS version. I did all the work for nothing:RANT:
10000gp reward for ps4 only but it doesn't mean your opinions didn't count
If they take opinions seriously idc the 10000gp reward

This is only for PS4: At the end of the survey it asks for a PS ID.
I only have the PC version and not the PS version. I did all the work for nothing:RANT:

It's for everyone! At the beginning, the even ask you on which platform you're playing. The reward is only for PS users.

Hello experts, is there now a way to edit the game without complete patch so I still can play My Club? Any kind of way/possibility?:THINK:

All I am interested are, kits for all leagues, balls&referee kits by @cronos, sky SPORT HD by @1002MB, Chelsea Menus & Tiles Mod by @Hawk, including this great FMODS by @Fruits
Thanks for help, support, ideas. :TU:

I am not this smart to work with HEX, cpk editor and all these great tools you guys have done, freetime is also limited due to 2 cute kids, wife and this wasted time for earning money to serve everyone instead of modding and playing PES :DD

Hello experts, is there now a way to edit the game without complete patch so I still can play My Club? Any kind of way/possibility?:THINK:

All I am interested are, kits for all leagues, balls&referee kits by @cronos, sky SPORT HD by @1002MB, Chelsea Menus & Tiles Mod by @Hawk, including this great FMODS by @Fruits

I am not this smart to work with HEX, cpk editor and all these great tools you guys have done, freetime is also limited due to 2 cute kids, wife and this wasted time for earning money to serve everyone instead of modding and playing PES :DD

I think patches like pte or galaxy allows you to play online with licensed kits etc, or you can just use the cpk files you need

I think patches like pte or galaxy allows you to play online with licensed kits etc, or you can just use the cpk files you need
Thats possible but as I wrote "without complete patch" ;) cause these patches have too much of stuff I don´t care and need, they are just too big for me. I would like to have a simple edited PES with self-selected stuff as I was able to do the years before. But now has Konami made it, for me at least, harder to edit the game.

Thats possible but as I wrote "without complete patch" ;) cause these patches have too much of stuff I don´t care and need, they are just too big for me. I would like to have a simple edited PES with self-selected stuff as I was able to do the years before. But now has Konami made it, for me at least, harder to edit the game.

You can, but you first need to download the complete patch in most cases, unless the patch offers seperate .cpk files for download (which is not common unfortunately).

For example, the Pes galaxy patch is about 5GB to download, but Im only using the option file (about 5mb) and the 'pes galaxy balls' (about 18mb). You need to use dpfilelist generator by Baris to load your .cpk files.

I have boots, pitch/ turf, lighting, faces, skies, extra stadiums and adboards from many different patches / mods - just use dpfilelist generator to load the .cpks you want.

Last edited:

It's doable, but ...

The first problem is that all content isn't online compatible - you have to be very careful there. While not being an expert in that area, I'm pretty sure that added stadiums, for example, are not online compatible, etc.

The second problem is specific to MyClub in PES 2017 - matchmaking won't work if you add any additional .cpk files to DpFileList.bin - you can only modify existing Data Pack .cpk files (usually only the most recent Data Pack file) so that MyClub matchmaking doesn't fail. Whatever online-compatible content you have selected will have to be integrated with the latest Data Pack.

Thanks @Edmundo 22 @zlac
this "problem" with cpk files in download folder I know. The logic with latest data pack is also well known.
Everything wouldn´t be a problem for me if I could simple put/load cpk of my choice with DpFileList.

Obviously I have to keep playing as I have it now. Only with Fruits FMODS and EPL kits ingame done, My Club I am playing anyway with my own "fanatsy" club incl. kit, done ingame editor.

Well, integration with current data pack shouldn't be much of a problem if you learn how to (un)pack .cpk files with CRI Packed File Maker (https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/★-pes-2017-tools-thread.76665/). Tutorials for using CRI tools should be somewhere on the forum.

All you need to do is:
1. Unpack current data pack (currently, it is dt80_300E_win.cpk) - e.g. to the folder datapack_root (name doesn't really matter) on your desktop
2. Overwrite extracted data pack contents with your additional contents (copy/paste - overwrite when requested) = merging
3. Pack merged data (entire datapack_root) back to .cpk with CRI tools (using Konami's original Data Pack .cpk name)
4. Replace Konami's original Data Pack .cpk with your edited version

Re: step 2. - if you have collected additional .cpk files with desired contents (kits, logos, faces, ...), unpack them all with CRI tools to one place (e.g. folder my_mods) ... whenever there's new content that you want, extract it always to my_mods, so that you keep collecting your content in one place - that folder my_mods will be the central repository for all your custom stuff. And it has to be merged with original Data Pack.
So when you're copying stuff in step 2, copy everything that you have within my_mods folder (but not the my_mods folder itself) inside datapack_root folder - so that the subfolder structure if perfectly aligned.

It may seem overwhelming at first, but it's really simple once you've tried it couple of times.

it doesn't take too much knowledge to make your own cpk for kits, faces, and various graphics that won't change your database.

Guys, which patch do you recommend on pc with good tactics if possible ?
if you want patch with good tactics, I think its only kilay's mod, from what I know no other patches apply major tactics changes ( I have tried some of the best and big patches like galaxy, pte, professional and VirtualRed )
people like kilay, klashman69 and some others have provided good tactics for many teams
so you can download kilay's mod which already included his good tactics for many teams or download other patches but you need to insert the tactics yourself

It seems to me that ML has began to feel more and more like a pay to win mode year on year.
The AI's different ways of cheating to the point that sometimes it feels that it totally ignores your controller input to gain an advantage is totally frustrating.
The gameplay as a whole feels very basic in its structure from the passing model to the ball physics and either this is so konami can exploit it to help the AI cheat or konami still doesn't have a grip on the fox engine.

I love pes the franchise to bits and even in the really dark times I bought it day one but the AI has become so reliant on scripting (may be a symptom of my club) that it has become a very unintelligent game and needs to be completely rewritten in my opinion.
I know there was scripting in the glory days of ps2 pes' but its now at a point that everything the AI do is determined by a rigid script with exact outcomes e.g. clearances all land on or near their player most of the time.

Sorry for the rant, I just want an enjoyable ML experience again.

It seems to me that ML has began to feel more and more like a pay to win mode year on year.
The AI's different ways of cheating to the point that sometimes it feels that it totally ignores your controller input to gain an advantage is totally frustrating.
The gameplay as a whole feels very basic in its structure from the passing model to the ball physics and either this is so konami can exploit it to help the AI cheat or konami still doesn't have a grip on the fox engine.

I love pes the franchise to bits and even in the really dark times I bought it day one but the AI has become so reliant on scripting (may be a symptom of my club) that it has become a very unintelligent game and needs to be completely rewritten in my opinion.
I know there was scripting in the glory days of ps2 pes' but its now at a point that everything the AI do is determined by a rigid script with exact outcomes e.g. clearances all land on or near their player most of the time.

That is the usual story every year.

I'm also having huge problems with the scripting .. .the way the A.I positions its players when you have the ball. .. it allows you no space or options to pass or hold the ball and if you do pass they intercept and start an attack in which one player fends off 4 of your defenders without dribbling. In past editions scripting could happen in a couple of incidents in the game for the A.I to win it but now it feels like the whole match is scripted .. . they attack with 5 or 6 players..... lose the ball and can get 6 or 7 back in their box defending before you reach their box. . . .in last years Ml after the last patch it was done tastefully, the A.I tactics would flash on the screen when they go behind and need to score and do so in a realistic manner. I played one match in Pes 2016 v Perugia and they went 1up and changed tactics to defend and I have to say it was the best defensive display from The A.I I've ever seen in any Pes. .. .fantastic stuff . . last ditch tackles .. headers off the line . .professional fouls . . .. . and they hung on to win . ..the thing is the A.I allowed me to attack and build as usual but instead of horrible scripting .. they just outplayed me fairly. . ..why they've changed it this year is beyond me.

Look at how there are never , ever, only 2 defenders when the ball is turned over. There is no way to execute a proper counter, unless it's done on the opposing side of the field. This "straight across" defensive line is what hurts 17 a lot. The attack/defense mentality, with no transition in mind, makes it linear in nature. I'd also agree that the standing tackle is the worst design currently. Just because you tackle the ball away, does not mean you get possession of it it 80% of the time. Players in real life do not just stutter and stop as soon as they've been tackled, like they've hit with a stun gun or something.

This has been the case with this engine though. I still wish they had just refined PES 11, and it's MLO, to be the basis going forward.

I think konami designed the AI for my club.. Every Ai behaviour and tactic implementations helps the online players better than last year's game (although not realistic). Like Loads of defenders sprinting back after they lose the ball, how the ball bounces most of the time to defenders when the keeper blocks a shot, super goalkeepers, defenders always catching up with the strikers etc.. If you put you're passing assistance on, you can just ping the ball forward quickly, but on manual it's impossible.

Just moved from the PES Professional's patch to Kilay's and it's great to have teams play with their 'own' identity. Only managed a few games last night before realising I had to get up in 5 hours for work...

Started playing with 'Blimp' camera as well a month or so ago when I first picked the game up on PC (after using the default one on PS4) and it's actually such a game changer. Love being able to see a lot more of the pitch and different movement of players, being able to track runs etc. Also changing to advanced shooting has made the game incredibly fun as well, bit difficult to get used to at the start but now it feels odd not using it!

Just moved from the PES Professional's patch to Kilay's and it's great to have teams play with their 'own' identity. Only managed a few games last night before realising I had to get up in 5 hours for work...

Started playing with 'Blimp' camera as well a month or so ago when I first picked the game up on PC (after using the default one on PS4) and it's actually such a game changer. Love being able to see a lot more of the pitch and different movement of players, being able to track runs etc. Also changing to advanced shooting has made the game incredibly fun as well, bit difficult to get used to at the start but now it feels odd not using it!
Two questions:
- Where can I download this patch?
- If there is a new DLC, will this patch then be removed by the DLC?

Back
Top Bottom