PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Yeah guys the ability of the engine to be scaled to multiple platforms is not a bad thing imo. With the numbers Konami have and the platforms out there at the moment it is necessary. I would not say it's a necessarily evil as that would just be cynical

Nobody thinks scalability could potentially sacrifice AI and general innovation on current-gen consoles? That really surprises me!

Don't get me wrong, if it truly works and it means multi-platform development is easier, I can see the cost benefit, but I only imagine it restricts devs.

I can't see it being as black and white as "this AI player makes 60 decisions a second on current-gen platforms, when ported this is simply reduced to 10 and all is well", I see it more as "we can't push the AI any further because then we can't port it to a phone, it'll cause all kinds of AI issues, so cap it at 10" - I mean, who cares about it being playable on a phone (or rather, would you sacrifice a better game for it)?

I'd rather the game was cutting-edge than scalable (I'd rather feel like PES was competing with FIFA in all areas from gameplay and AI to graphics and presentation, rather than keeping a more simplistic physics model for purposes of releasing on more platforms).

More platforms = more money = PES doesn't die, I realise, but surely if 360/PS3 versions of the game were killed off so that development was solely based on current-gen platforms, so that the game was as modern and as realistic as it could be... Is that not what we all want? (That's a genuine question, not a rhetorical one..)

Certainly an interesting discussion, I didn't imagine for a second people would support a technology ideal that potentially prevents the game from evolving!

Last edited:
Good points Chris

Definitely the case that if the older gen is cut out the resources available to pump into the current gen would benefit tremendously but there is too much value in the older gen for Konami to make that move. Whether this is detremental to the PS4 or Xbone is open to interpretation I suppose.

Nobody thinks scalability could potentially sacrifice AI and general innovation on current-gen consoles? That really surprises me!

Don't get me wrong, if it truly works and it means multi-platform development is easier, I can see the cost benefit, but I only imagine it restricts devs.

I can't see it being as black and white as "this AI player makes 60 decisions a second on current-gen platforms, when ported this is simply reduced to 10 and all is well", I see it more as "we can't push the AI any further because then we can't port it to a phone, it'll cause all kinds of AI issues, so cap it at 10" - I mean, who cares about it being playable on a phone (or rather, would you sacrifice a better game for it)?

I'd rather the game was cutting-edge than scalable (I'd rather feel like PES was competing with FIFA in all areas from gameplay and AI to graphics and presentation, rather than keeping a more simplistic physics model for purposes of releasing on more platforms).

More platforms = more money = PES doesn't die, I realise, but surely if 360/PS3 versions of the game were killed off so that development was solely based on current-gen platforms, so that the game was as modern and as realistic as it could be... Is that not what we all want? (That's a genuine question, not a rhetorical one..)

Certainly an interesting discussion, I didn't imagine for a second people would support a technology ideal that potentially prevents the game from evolving!

True, i see your concerns. Thing is when you look at the conception of PES 2015, Konami for 6 years was working with under powered technology and has only recently upgraded their game to a PS3/Xbox 360 technology level. It's a situation where they have realized how far back they have been in terms of technology and the new power available to them that they could release pretty much the same core gameplay on the PS4 version (which was a PS3 game with better lighting) as they can on the iOS and Android game.

This really shouldn't be too much of a surprise, PES 2015 gameplay is PS3 tech, there is nothing there which shows it pushes the bar which PS3 consoles can't handle. PS3/xbox 360 is literally ten years old now since it was released in late 2005! PS Vita came out years ago with PS3 level games in a handheld device and iOS phones have become powerful enough to handle scaled down PS3 games.

I think the key for all of us is to see from PES2015 in moving forwards is the game need to have the main team section building the game to be as good as it possibly can be on the PC/PS4/Xbone consoles! A small team for maintenance purposes in updating the last gen PS3/360 consoles versions and a separate team to enhance the iOS and Andriod games. The problems will arise like you say Chris is when we have the whole team trying to develop all 3 games simultaneously.

Again i think this shows more than ever the plan for PES 2015 which was executed with great success was to create a simple, basic, fun game as a solid foundation to be built upon.

PES16 will be PES15 just with new kits and few more licenses.

I expect nothing else.

PES is now a game that leaves you thinking if only theyd done this and that. It will never be the game we thought we would be getting 10 years ago as 360/PS3 versions were one big disappointment as well.

yep it proves that they ended up pressing the reset button in 2015 and they went back to PES 6-5.

besides the CL we didnt get anything in the last years, yet they could improve in areas wich nothing have to do with gameplay.
did they at least develop a decent ML/BAL until now? no
did they make the online experience good? no
did they build a lots of stadium at least? no
did they improve the presentation? no
did they made a decent commentary? no
they came up with stadiumeditor at least hey! was it taken away? yes

Myclub and stadium editor were the biggest improvement in the last 8 yrs. Honestly i was an idiot buying the game in the last years :D i could say older PES games made me do it but damn

i fear we will get nothing more bit slightly gameplay improvement and myclub improvement.

Last edited:
Both my highest hopes and biggest fears for PES 2016 now lie on this page; Klash, you're absolutely right in that there is a solid base there now for Konami to work on, but the fact of the matter is that (as you said) the gameplay is only now at a PS3/360 level, ten years after the release of those machines, so what is the likelihood that the next game will push PS4/One hardware (anywhere close) to its limit?

I'd argue that if the game continues to be launched on last-gen, current-gen and mobile, the engine will be kept at a very similar level of complexity in order for the game to port easily across the board.

I'd also argue that Konami will see that as the safest strategy (and they appear to love a safe strategy) guaranteed to make a steady amount of sales, rather than taking the risk of only releasing on current-gen formats and putting all the saved time and energy into making a sensational football game that ends up selling more copies regardless.

My heart is Klash but my brain is Gabe. :D

Konami have been lazy over the years.
There is less content in the PS4 version than there ever was on the PS2 version since PES4 or 5.

On the other hand the guy who now has a lot of impact in the European branch is one of the biggest fans. I know lots of people don't like Bhatti, but imo his influence on PES2015 has been hugely positive.

IMO the single biggest threat for PES is that the team listens too much to the fans. Some fans are way too negative... I want them to build upon PES2015.

There are lots of things that can improve (collisions, fouls, injuries, a more realistic AI,...) but IMO PES 2015 is an excellent base.

Both my highest hopes and biggest fears for PES 2016 now lie on this page; Klash, you're absolutely right in that there is a solid base there now for Konami to work on, but the fact of the matter is that (as you said) the gameplay is only now at a PS3/360 level, ten years after the release of those machines, so what is the likelihood that the next game will push PS4/One hardware (anywhere close) to its limit?

I'd argue that if the game continues to be launched on last-gen, current-gen and mobile, the engine will be kept at a very similar level of complexity in order for the game to port easily across the board.

I'd also argue that Konami will see that as the safest strategy (and they appear to love a safe strategy) guaranteed to make a steady amount of sales, rather than taking the risk of only releasing on current-gen formats and putting all the saved time and energy into making a sensational football game that ends up selling more copies regardless.

Yes, its the 100 million dollar question for this Friday! PES 2014 was a disaster because they thought they could rebuild PES 2013 with all the new features added in, it was too ambitious and they didn't understand the new tech enough to pull it off, hence why it was such a unfinished mess.

PES 2015 they gone for the super safe approach which has worked wonders, but it's work 'too well' to the extent, we just ain't sure how many changes they will make.

The promise land is PES 2013 rebuild into the PES 2014/15 base. Essentially to get to the PES 2013's level of responsiveness they need to add big amount of new animations, so this is the big question will lie in the animations and how much they where able to implement from last year. Essentially this shouldn't be a problem even if they where limited to PS3 hardware.

I agree. Unless they invest all the money made from the My Club in game development, we will have a game will push PS4/One hardware (anywhere close) to its limit.

I don't think any new AAA+ game has really pushed the PS4 to its limit yet, i've been looking at the graphics on the Witcher, Mortal Kombat X, The Order 1886, Final Fantasy, Rainbow Six etc.. and all these games are essentially just building the game to graphical standards which should be the norm for the PS4/xbone consoles, it will take another year or so for games to come out to really start pushing the boat out to test the consoles power.

Square Enix released a new Direct x12 which will help raise the quality of games graphically to a clear cut next generation level the old consoles can't hold a candle to, which is what we should expect from a new gen console to do things which previous gen can't dream to do. Most games we have seen recently have been in a transition/bridge so its advanced PS3 but not really true next gen.

I can't see PES2016 being a true PS4 level game like those titles mentioned about, i think we all just want a really good game at least!

Average PS4 games in 2017/18 should all look like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1mwhdYZvSE

Last edited:
Hi, I agree that PES2015 is a solid base but I liked a lot they way you could jostle in PES2014. Some points they should be improving for 2016 are:

- Free kicks and corner kicks: if they ever take 3 in a row corner kicks against you, you'll realize that the player you control (even being in the same exact position of the pitch) rarely is the same player the three times. I call this the "chaos factor" of PES. Every player should be in HIS position when defending a corner, no chaos factor please. This point is extended for attacking. In the game plan (or somewhere else) there'd be an option to adjust which players attack, where and when. The same for defending. I know there's an option now, but it's so basic and "chaos factor" dependig that it bores me.

- Fouls and referees: I'm too tired of "kicks to players of my team that aren't even shown on screen" ending in a simple yellow card... If this happens, the ref should stop the game and show a RED card. This is supposed to be football not UFC.

- Cursor change: I really miss the Curosr change of PS2 games. It was perfect. I can't recall any disappointment with this point in those times. Now it's a mess, specially when it comes to manual pass: what's the point in passing where you want if then you cannot control the player that was intended to get that pass???

- Online: The game should be EXACTLY the same for both off and online. I'm not saying that I don't care about cheaters (they'll always exist), but my biggest concern is all about the different reactions, speed and general feeling of the game, they're almost two separated games.

- Trainnig: Do you remember that option letting you rewind 1 sec. so you could shoot the same pass over and over again? That was actually trainnig, this should be back.

- Player attitude: defenders should defend and keepers try to get the ball.

And, as an PS3 owner, Konami please keep on publishing PES for that system :PRAY:

Last edited:
Konami has officially announced that Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 will be presented / displayed to the public on June 12, in a few days. What did we expect for this presentation? News and changes, but do not expect many visual things.
Konami should present day June 12 a teaser video of the motto of the game, some animation that should show in Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 will focus more. Do not wait for millions of images and gameplays, as this will only come out near the game's release.
We hope the TodoWeBrasil much new to offline modes as the great and legendary Master League, maybe this year we can expect newsletter? Presentation of decent players, more difficult to hire stars and a base team more elaborate besides adjusting ticket prices or even choose sponsors, would not be a perfect game mode?

I just hope they introduce team identity. I am fed up seeing League 2 teams playing like Barcelona and every freaking team short passes without risk.

I just hope they introduce team identity. I am fed up seeing League 2 teams playing like Barcelona and every freaking team short passes without risk.

I think there should be a team identity value and a manager identity that weight each other. So that teams and managers with similar outlooks will find each other. That way we get more personalized play but we also don't end up with a Mourinho at Barca kind of thing.

I don't think any new AAA+ game has really pushed the PS4 to its limit yet, i've been looking at the graphics on the Witcher, Mortal Kombat X, The Order 1886, Final Fantasy, Rainbow Six etc.. and all these games are essentially just building the game to graphical standards which should be the norm for the PS4/xbone consoles, it will take another year or so for games to come out to really start pushing the boat out to test the consoles power.

Square Enix released a new Direct x12 which will help raise the quality of games graphically to a clear cut next generation level the old consoles can't hold a candle to, which is what we should expect from a new gen console to do things which previous gen can't dream to do. Most games we have seen recently have been in a transition/bridge so its advanced PS3 but not really true next gen.

I can't see PES2016 being a true PS4 level game like those titles mentioned about, i think we all just want a really good game at least!

Average PS4 games in 2017/18 should all look like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1mwhdYZvSE

Something tells me the current generation won't last that long. I think PS5/XBOX (whatever they may be called) may see the light by 2018. It's just a feeling I have that they will become dated sooner than last gen consoles.

I think this PES 2016 will have significant graphical improvements, and improve the gameplay, but I do not manage to solve the problem of option files

I also believe that we have improved the engine impacts and improvements in Master-League

PES 2015 is an excellent base.

PES16 will be PES15 just with new kits and few more licenses.

I expect nothing else.

PES is now a game that leaves you thinking if only theyd done this and that. It will never be the game we thought we would be getting 10 years ago as 360/PS3 versions were one big disappointment as well.

Same here.
Actually I´m not hyped up anymore, like I used to be before PES 2014 and 2015.
I mean I´m still curious what´s it gonna be like but I kinda feel it the same way as you say.

But well, you never know.

yep it proves that they ended up pressing the reset button in 2015 and they went back to PES 6-5.

besides the CL we didnt get anything in the last years, yet they could improve in areas wich nothing have to do with gameplay.
did they at least develop a decent ML/BAL until now? no
did they make the online experience good? no
did they build a lots of stadium at least? no
did they improve the presentation? no
did they made a decent commentary? no
they came up with stadiumeditor at least hey! was it taken away? yes

Myclub and stadium editor were the biggest improvement in the last 8 yrs. Honestly i was an idiot buying the game in the last years :D i could say older PES games made me do it but damn

i fear we will get nothing more bit slightly gameplay improvement and myclub improvement.

Agreed.
That´s the sad truth.

This right hand save logic (instead of left hand) makes me suspect it can be PES :LOL:

CZhAqnt.jpg

Same here.
Actually I´m not hyped up anymore, like I used to be before PES 2014 and 2015.
I mean I´m still curious what´s it gonna be like but I kinda feel it the same way as you say.

But well, you never know.

Agreed.
That´s the sad truth.

Yeah, I haven't been hyped for PES (or any football game) for years now. FIFA is still an end-to-end highlight reel but sadly PES has turned into a bit of a mess. I don't think PES 15 was that bad but honestly, it does need massive improvements. I play on the XONE and as someone mentioned before - it doesn't feel like a next-gen (well, current-gen actually) at all.

am i the only one who thinks that before E3 they should release a proper teaser/trailer with all the new features in it so the press could go to the E3 with proper prepared questions? maybe today then

Back
Top Bottom