PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I remember a time when gameplay was the most important thing. All people care about these days is graphics. Sad times.

gameplay is obviously number 1, but they have been working on gameplay since the game was born and went backwards at one stage, there on the right path now but does it take the whole team to work on gameplay for this years version, i dont think so, laziness is the way i see it to be honest, if certain areas aren't upgraded convincingly this year. Also didnt realize net physics was very hard to do in the game, scoring goals arent satisfying, when they feel like hockey cages

Last edited:
gameplay is obviously number 1, but they have been working on gameplay since the game was born and went backwards at one stage, there on the right path now but does it take the whole team to work on gameplay for this years version, i dont think so, laziness is the way i see it to be honest, if certain areas aren't upgraded convincingly this year. Also didnt realize net physics was very hard to do in the game, scoring goals arent satisfying, when they feel like hockey cages

Either you are a lazy thinker or you have no clue how hard it is to program gameplay-scripts. People at Konami work with 100 man at the game, so the lazy-part of your argument can be ruled out.
The gameplaying part is the most difficult part to program. In fact, Konami does a better job in gameplay than FIFA. Just look at the way the formations work on the pitch. The strategies are much better than in FIFA. In fact, this part from PES is generally known as the strongest part of the game.
My critic on PES is the online-part. Not only the connection-part ( that has been improved, although still not good enough ) but the online games miss imagination. I would like to see some kind of pro-club mode.

Either you are a lazy thinker or you have no clue how hard it is to program gameplay-scripts. People at Konami work with 100 man at the game, so the lazy-part of your argument can be ruled out.
The gameplaying part is the most difficult part to program. In fact, Konami does a better job in gameplay than FIFA. Just look at the way the formations work on the pitch. The strategies are much better than in FIFA. In fact, this part from PES is generally known as the strongest part of the game.
The thing is that the gameplay didn't substantially improve since Winning Eleven 5. What did all those KONAMI employees do in the last 14 years?

The thing is that the gameplay didn't substantially improve since Winning Eleven 5. What did all those KONAMI employees do in the last 14 years?

I think it is hard to improve gameplay if it is already at such a high standard. Tell me what they should improve? Only small things can be improved and that's what they will do.
Gameplay is fine, game-modes is not fine yet, especially online. There they can make huge progress.

I think it is hard to improve gameplay if it is already at such a high standard. Tell me what they should improve? Only small things can be improved and that's what they will do.
Gameplay is fine, game-modes is not fine yet, especially online. There they can make huge progress.
In my opinion, gameplay right now is far away from being at a high standard... KONAMI ought to scrap everything regarding the AI and completely write a new AI from scratch. The current generation of football games only tries to emulate the real sport instead of simulating it.

At the moment, there are two different AIs implemented; one AI is responsible for controlling the active player with the ball or the one next to it, while the other one controls all other players in the same team. When controlling a player yourself, you obviously override the respective AI. The problem is that the second AI is entirely passive in its behaviour, it's only there to support the active player. This leads to situations where AI players fail to take a loose ball which is directly in front of them because the game simply doesn't recognize that the role of the active player needs to be switched to that player.

KONAMI should completely scrap this approach and implement an individual AI for all 22 players on the pitch instead. This would eliminate frustrating situations like the one described above and the resulting gameplay would be much better due to the emergent effects.

My critic on PES is the online-part. Not only the connection-part ( that has been improved, although still not good enough ) but the online games miss imagination. I would like to see some kind of pro-club mode.

Sorry mate, I don't have a clue about programming and didn't realise konami need 100 people to work on gameplay, hopefully they can afford to employ a few more people from the money they made on my club to give us a deeper master league at least.

Last edited:
Sharing what ? Sully69 delete the message

PS : during Ireland England
gVOD4XqAtTU.jpg

Last edited:
Is that a picture of PES 2016? ( see the adboards ) That would explain why it is removed.

In that picture I see some reflection at the right but I can't see what it is.

Is that a picture of PES 2016? ( see the adboards ) That would explain why it is removed.

In that picture I see some reflection at the right but I can't see what it is.
It's during Ireland England today, just PES 2016 adboards ;)

Wow, there is a first pic of PES 2016 gameplay and we have here only a handful of replies an hour after. In former times it would be at least two pages of replies by now.:THINK:

I think it's real, there was supposed to be an event this weekend where Pes 2016 was to be shown in playable form. I guess someone made a photo of it.

I think it's real, there was supposed to be an event this weekend where Pes 2016 was to be shown in playable form. I guess someone made a photo of it.

LOL. No event or anything.
It's a photo for a tv screen displaying the England-Ireland game earlier today which had pes2016 adboards.

No official nor leaked pics for pes2016 yet.

Last edited:
I remember a time when gameplay was the most important thing. All people care about these days is graphics. Sad times.

this is post is why pes 15 is soo barebones. if you don't want improved graphics please play snes football games. and from what did you deduce that all we care for is graphics? if anything the most talked about topic is gameplay and modes. so please do spare us.

this is post is why pes 15 is soo barebones. if you don't want improved graphics please play snes football games. and from what did you deduce that all we care for is graphics? if anything the most talked about topic is gameplay and modes. so please do spare us.

Its true! Gameplay is the most important feature of any game. Ye people say that if the games not 1080, doesn't have 3D grass or better nets, they ain't buying it. Its a joke!

We could have the most playable and fun football ever yet people would bitch about is nets and grass! :ZZZ:

I'm not a graphics guy, but honestly Pes 2016 needs a big improvement in graphics.

When Pes was an awesome game graphically it was the best Ps2 could offer in sports games, why should we be satisfied with a ps3 looking game in 1080p?

Some elements of Pes 2015 seem like stuck in Ps2 era. Look at the horrible pitch textures, lack of stadium atmosphere, lack of stadium details...

Last edited:
Apologies as this is slightly off-topic, but PES Club Manager was released on iOS and Android the other day (I quite like it if I'm honest!), but there was a statement in the PR that filled me with dread (you can find it in pretty much every announcement article):

The in-game engine itself is the same one found in the console version of PES 2015
SOURCE: MCVUK.com

What I find scary is that it really does seem like the exact same engine from the console version, including the XBO/PS4 versions. It may have been tweaked to allow more goals in a shorter time-frame, or maybe this is part of the code (that the less minutes you play for, the more likely goals are - I'm not sure, I've not fiddled with half-length very often)?

Either way, the fact that the game looks like, reacts like, feels like and for all intents and purposes is PES 2015 from current-gen consoles (except for the ability to actually control the players)... I mean...

Does that not scream "we are not working hard enough"? That your engine and all its intricacies can be ported to a mobile phone? Granted, you can't actually "play" it, but it's exactly like watching the AI playing each other on console (even down to the ridiculous pass accuracy).

Even the graphics are pretty much the same, it's only the stadia and the commentary that aren't included (and the latter is certainly no tragedy)!

It makes me sad to see, because it makes me realise how much of the game is "baked", "scripted", not really reactive or adaptable. I doubt the physics and collision engine that's in FIFA could be ported to mobile (hence why they still produce the awful mobile games based on the FIFAs from years ago).

...But yeah, check the game out if you like a manager game, it's pretty good for a mobile game! ;)

Last edited:
Well, scalability is one of the main features of the Fox Engine, so it's actually a good thing that it really works fine on mobile platforms.

Well, scalability is one of the main features of the Fox Engine, so it's actually a good thing that it really works fine on mobile platforms.
I would argue that if the engine is built for scalability, there might be a danger that the current-gen consoles will never have a version of the game that takes real advantage of the extra power.

Watching the matches in the mobile game, I'm pretty stunned how good it is, but it also makes me think "if this is how much you can get out of something that's 20%* as powerful as a current-gen console, imagine what you could do if you could multiply the AI intelligence to match the extra power".

*I've made up a number there, I've no idea how the power of an iPhone compares to a PS4...

My point is, I remember playing PES on the PS2 and imagining what could be done if consoles were as powerful as PCs, if all the CPU power went into making teams have true individuality and making all the matches different. Here we are now, two generations later, and I'm (sort of) playing the same PES on my phone as I am on my home console, and not seeing a great deal more individuality.

It just seems a huge waste of power to me - which I'd expect of FIFA, but of PES... It was always the thinking man's football game. :(

Last edited:
There are quite a lot differences:

Pes cm is at a far lower resolution. It lacks proper player modelization (they are like ps2.5 player models,faces are more similar to ps2 games)
it lacks high quality shadows and lighting is completely flat. Besides you need a quite capable device (they recommend 1.8 Ghz Atom cpus) or it will be really slow.

With so much limitations it's no surprise it can run on mobile. That says nothing bad about Pes 2015 engine to me.

I think this shows just how basic PES 2015 is on all platforms:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYJ1idyt3sg

Yeah i agree it's more of a good thing actually thing a bad thing.

To go even further to understand the technology level PES is on right now. Last year with their debut on the fox engine, that game is running on the same specs as FIFA 07. In other words the technology PES Productions got with the fox engine is the same level of technology EA Sports got way, way back in 2005/06 to make FIFA 07 on the 360.

PES Productions have literally been working with 'advanced PS2' technology with their game up until PES 2014. I said before in training mode the game didn't even need to load.

The potential of the fox engine is gigantic. PES Productions are still not even remotely pushing this engine or working to its highest potential like Kojima would be for Metal Gear.

I'm very interested to see if PES 2015 was solely intended to be basic and PES 6 like with new animations.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom