PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Yeah, tactics are all over the place for all the teams. There is a quality simulation waiting to happen with 2016, just what level it will be on we will have to wait and see with the full game and how well the stats updates and tactic setups are.

The default tactics are giving a false perception that the game is tactically naive.

Really Looking forward to your tactics buddy

yeah i agree the game biggest weakness is in the box, despite the goalkeepers are amazing. im more fist pumped by their saves than by goals

- passing assitance lvl1 = lvl2. passing is too pin point on lvl1
- R2 shots overpowered with star players
- 1on1 shots are 90% goal either with cpu or player
- no fouls
- cpu's chip shot always goal
- cpu scores lot of rebound goals

besides these the game is amazing, if they could sort this out(dunno wich can be in this short period of time without serious programming), this could be the best PES. the player ID, the tactics, the collision system, the areial battles, the keepers...those saves, ballphysics are much better aswell, the little new bits, the new animations opens a whole new horizont to play

I agree with the above cons and pros.

The 1on1s are always a goal, due to bad keeper behaviour, not coming off, dive late..

This is my biggest game-breaker at the moment.

By the way 2 remarks:
- Super cance is now more responsive (I mean you have more time to cancel the move)

- You cannot modify to controlled shot while preparing for the shot. You have to hold R2 and press square afterwards. Opposite way it's not working. I mean lining up for a strong shot, than change for a controlled one before you hit the ball. Was in PES6, was cool and you were able to trick the keepers.

I think it will take them another 8 years to bring back the old good things.

I still think, that the old-old gen PES games were more polished and complete (albeit basic), KONAMI you are still not there..

got 3 more games in last night on the PS3. First, a South American duel which was fine, then a couple of rainy matches, Brazil-France which frankly felt a bit like PES 2015. I think I might have to bump things up to Superstar.

One great moment one of the national games was Evra, slipping and falling on his ass when no one was around. Nice water effects going on.

Finally had some time and could play a couple of games (5 - 6 only).
I´m liking it a lot!
I remember playing the PES 2015 demo on PS3 last year, but the game didn´t catch me, even I tried hard.
As I haven´t played the PS4 demo I don´t know if it would have been different, but the PS3 one didn´t catch me and the PC version was a big let down.

This one though, is dope!!
It´s very fluid and responsive and I had fun with it for the very first minute and that comes from someone who skipped PES 2015 and played FIFA 15 instead.
Many really nice Animations, sliding tackles, keeper saves and also when players making a fast turn and support their hands on the ground.

This one is probably top notch when playing human vs human.

Also the rainy matches have been fun.

I gotta get used to PES though as I played on pass level 1 and top player, but got bashed by the CPU 0:2 two times in a row.
Other games have been 1:1, 1:2.

What I dislike a lot though are several replay angles.
Specially the ones when you make shot outside the box and miss the goal narrowly or the keeper parries it. It´s zoomed in to the player who takes the shot and it´s like the camera man has a hard time keeping the focus on the ball which is out of the picture.
I wanna see that in a better view!

Also, as some of you mentioned. The goals I scored where rebound goals mostly. Had at least 3 of them in not more than 6 games.
Could be a coincidence though.

I like the sliding a lot but it looks strange when the ball changes the direction quickly and the slide changes the direction too (hard to explain) but this looks so scripted.

But well, it plays very nicely, ball physics are good, shots feel good.

I´ll test it out some more.

Just scored this with ROBBEN!!!!!!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cE7RlHqcjM

Scored another screamer with Robben

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FPWeoqwtks

One of the best Robben goals I ever seen!

Why running is just a button ? We have f..ng trgiggers for years but konami still refuse to use it. That's why running is so limited in Pes.

Wish there is a jostling button similar to Fifa.Maybe then you can slow down the game in the midfield and dictade the tempo. Now , there are always at least 2 players running towards you non-stop all the match. I also tried player vs. player and high presssure is even worse.

Tbh, that´s what I´ve been thinking too for a long time.
I like that feature in FIFA. Specially when you walk slowly and use the right stick to push the ball forward in a specific direction and speed up.
I´m struggling with PES keeping the sprint by hammering the R1 button.

The more I play this though, the more I am becoming a little fed up with it. I am already scoring the same type of goal in nearly every game and I like I've already said, it feels 'empty' - it doesn't get me fist-pumping. I just think "Meh" that was easy.

That quite worries me.
I played that 6 games only and loved it.
Hope this won´t be the case with me.
I felt a lot of PES magic but it reminded me also of PES 2014 which I played inside out and I had the same feeling there.

One great moment one of the national games was Evra, slipping and falling on his ass when no one was around.
This was in ISS98 for N64 too: with rainy matches, if you performed a sudden change of direction you could slip and fall. Yeah, that was a nice touch.

My first game, Juve vs. Roma had this nice moment I just remembered. I had just scored, it was semi-late (around 70 minutes) and I get the ball to Teves, just past the middle of the pitch. players all around me but I don't realise that I am actually at the back line of defense - which had pushed up crazy far just before. They wanted that equilizer.

Having given it 10-12 games, I do have some issues. I don't understand why my defenders won't try to head the ball away in some instances, instead allowing the striker to control the ball and then score.
- Some of the CPU's passing and crossing is just too much. I'm all for fast passing moves and intricate one-touch play as long as there's a sense that the players involved would have had a chance to spot those passes in the first place. I wish there was just a little more inaccuracy involved so that there's a sense of struggle on the part of the recipient to latch onto the pass. Some of the 180 degree crosses or unsighted passes are too perfect, and it sticks in the craw a bit when you think of how good the pressing side of the game feels.

- The game speed is a touch too fast, and some of the close control looks weird as a result.

- The shooting needs more skied/sliced/hooked shots, otherwise long range bullets feel easily attainable with anyone.

- I don't understand the advanced through ball? You used to direct the cursor with the left stick, but now it seems to need a combination of the power bar for distance and the left stick for direction. BUT, quite often the distance just decides to stop increasing way too soon, even when you're still holding the button down. Other times, the cursor flies off into the distance and you end up booting the ball into touch. And every now and then the cursor seems to do its own thing after you let go, twitching a good 5 or 6 yards left/right without any real rhyme or reason.

All in all, it does currently feel like a very good game. I do really love how it feels to gegenpress the opposition. I really enjoy aspects of the dribbling, teasing the opposition to tackle before nipping away. The physicality feels much improved, and it does seem like you can be more effective with an aerial game as long as you have wingers looking to accept knock-ons, or midfielders following up to pick up the headers down.

There will be issues like this which will stop me from really loving the game, though. In particular, the problems with the game are the sorts of things which will be at their worst online - and I judge how much I enjoy a PES title against my experiences with PES 5 & 6 online.

how do you define tactics for on-the-fly changing via D-Pad up, down?

I cannot find in the gameplan, only fluid formation.

Sometimes I see, that CPU is changig it's tactics, but if I press up, down nothing happens..

Scoring goals and shooting in generall completely ruins the game experience, its ridiculous, every chance is goal , shooting from 40 is like shot from a cannon, its awfull

Yes and defenders react very bad to Lob through balls, its not as bad as in FIFA but still.

hmm indeed there is only around 24 stats if u check a player. last year it was above 30 with the combined abilities and it was shown in the gameplan screen. stats were cut in half or just doesnt show up?

Alright. Played the demo now. It seems to be a decent game. What I don't like is the lack of shooting and finishing animations. They're out of context. Still. And that makes it less satisfying to score a goal. This game doesn't deserve all that praise some people are giving, neither the "hate". It's a decent game, but in 2016, if we look forward from pes 6, or even pes 2010, we should expect much more in terms of animations and physics.

Now to the less important stuff, but you can't really avoid to bring it up. I'm playing the game on my 360, and my god, the grass has almost no color at all... It's the LEAST you expect a football game to include. A green turf. Cmon. It looks HORRIBLE.

The more I play, the more I am getting that 'empty' feeling when scoring goals. Worrying.
Very sad indeed.

Played around 40 matches now.

As someone else has previously said, this does play a little too fast. I suppose I can change the game speed but will we be able to do that online?

It plays a little slower if we change Camera Type to WIDE and zoom the camera out as far as it will go. Dynamic Wide or whatever it's called makes the game feel quite fast, definitely quicker than previous games.

Scoring goals is an issue now. Tap shoot in the opposing area and it's a goal 90% of the time. It feels so empty, as I posted above.

I think the initial "This is amazing" is already fading for me. It's a bit like the old FIFA games, where I loved them at first but they quickly became boring.

It plays like a dream in the middle of the park and playing out of defence. But I just don't like the game where it matters and that's in the opponent's penalty area.

It's a shame because this has huge potential - but I don't know if I'll be buying it on Day 1.

Awh, poor already? That didn't last long ;)

I want to like this, I really do. But the fact that scoring is so easy again makes me wonder if it's worth buying - or do you think this is an early build?

me too. I'm buying it no matter what, but common I'm already disappointed. Nothing felt when scoring.

Maybe I should up the difficulty but I just switched to no pass assist and manual shooting so this might not be a good idea.

Also I think the sliding tackles are way too easy, automated (scripted?), and lack any variety.

I think a whole junk of individuality was lost from PES 2014 on..

Gents, can we please stop discussing important issues relating to fouls, ping-pong passing et al, and focus on something much more trivial?

Why do the goal nets start each match taut and suddenly become slack?

Having seen videos prior to the demo's release, I assumed that different stadia had unique net tension. I was wrong.

I love it, the demo is very good indeed. Playing on manual/top player and -1 I am certainly not finding it easy to score!!

The play is super responsive, tight in midfield and thoroughly enjoyable, it ticks the boxes for my limited ability. I'm not playing on assisted, so don't know if this makes a huge difference to the experience, but overall I have no complaints.

Graphics are improved, I have seen plenty of fouls, good saves and some great collisions!

Two things are a must, tone down the accuracy and power of shots from players who shouldn't be able to test the keeper each time, such as Evra with his right foot.

Goalies need more aggression and not stay on their lines in one on one situations, they must come out and narrow the angle, also remove their two handed dives in one on ones, it just looks like they fall down.

I want to like this, I really do. But the fact that scoring is so easy again makes me wonder if it's worth buying - or do you think this is an early build?

This has nothing to do with "an early build".. I know that you hope that it will change in the full game, but seriously, it's a core thing that absolutely won't change til release. It's so sad that they have no clue themself over at konami. If they played games like pes 6 they should know what made people play it, and why people are playing it still.

Easy scoring Inside the area, overpowered R2 specially with best players because as it ia now, 90% of R2 shots are goal even with their wrong foot, lack of fouls, ping-pong passing of the CPU with pin point accuracy, and easy shooting with average players are the main problems for me.

But in all true, I don't think they will be addressed, this demo is what we will get in terms of gameplay. Deep inside I have my hopes but...

Just waiting on how online will be, and modes.

Gents, can we please stop discussing important issues relating to fouls, ping-pong passing et al, and focus on something much more trivial?

Why do the goal nets start each match taut and suddenly become slack?

Having seen videos prior to the demo's release, I assumed that different stadia had unique net tension. I was wrong.
Yeah, it's so weird! :BLINK:

Starting at 5:52, look at the nets!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntysytM14l4

Back
Top Bottom