PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

For all those guys that want hardcore intense midfield battles like the good ol days,for single players set it up player was player, go into the opposing sides tactics and setup up there defense line to frontline pressure and compactness to 8, and before you start put the 2nd controller back in the middle, if you need that hardcore and satisfaction of finding space, that's the setup, good luck cos its bloody hard,

Good idea.. would this also work with just one controller.. ie. start a game, and just switch sides of the controllers at anytime to edit opponents defence, before switching controller back to your team???

Also 2 finds I made today (most probably know this, but some may not) to alter passing while using.

1.HIGH VELOCITY GROUND PASS ANYWHERE ON FIELD: L1 + DOUBLE TAP OF "O".
(This is normally used for crossing, but I find it useful to do very hard ground passes from one end of the field to the next.. awesome. This worked in pes 15 also)

2.LOWISH HIGH BALL - GETS TO PLAYER QUICKER (think this only works on full manual passing): L1 + "O"
(definitely lower aerial pass than just with "O".. so it travels through air quicker. Also it has a lot of curve). Im guessing its the opposite of the "O"+R2, which used to make aerial balls go higher).

I haven't written much about this demo yet, because I cant stop playing it. Has to be the best Pes of all time. This is the one. Im playing full manual pass, manual shooting and I reckon -1 speed is just perfect. Player speed spot on, and the ball still flies as it should. A major grip for me is that the sound cannot be edited.. I put all the sounds down, while pumping up the kicking ball sound... The increase sound really adds to the weight of the ball if that makes any sense. Btw, how good will this game be with commentary?? Cant wait.

Finally, someone mentioned bit earlier, that manual advanced was a treat. Wow, gave this ago, and its pretty amazing.. improved so much since pes14/15.. so easy to control the cursor, making for some awesome placement.. including crossing a low ball to the far post. I still prefer fully manual (ie. full manual passing, but leaving through ball on basic - which means it becomes manual), but I do recommend having a go with advanced through ball.. a lot of fun :)

At 40 years of age, and with Konami kicking some major ass this year, my passion for gaming is well and truly sound..

Last edited:
In FIFA You can score a goal by GK easily too. I done it twice with Ter Stegen and Neuer on Legendary. It's just relative to your skill.

.. btw..sorry if ive missed this info, but is the Aussie/NZ version any different to the US version?? Just dl the US version now.. bout half way through, but wont be able to try it till tomorrow... It is a different size..slightly less..

Good idea.. would this also work with just one controller.. ie. start a game, and just switch sides of the controllers at anytime to edit opponents defence, before switching controller back to your team???

Also 2 finds I made today (most probably know this, but some may not) to alter passing while using.

1.HIGH VELOCITY GROUND PASS ANYWHERE ON FIELD: L1 + DOUBLE TAP OF "X".
(This is normally used for crossing, but I find it useful to do very hard ground passes from one end of the field to the next.. awesome. This worked in pes 15 also)

2.LOWISH HIGH BALL - GETS TO PLAYER QUICKER (think this only works on full manual passing): L1 + "O"
(definitely lower aerial pass than just with "O".. so it travels through air quicker. Also it has a lot of curve). Im guessing its the opposite of the "O"+R2, which used to make aerial balls go higher).

I haven't written much about this demo yet, because I cant stop playing it. Has to be the best Pes of all time. This is the one. Im playing full manual pass, manual shooting and I reckon -1 speed is just perfect. Player speed spot on, and the ball still flies as it should. A major grip for me is that the sound cannot be edited.. I put all the sounds down, while pumping up the kicking ball sound... The increase sound really adds to the weight of the ball if that makes any sense. Btw, how good will this game be with commentary?? Cant wait.

Finally, someone mentioned bit earlier, that manual advanced was a treat. Wow, gave this ago, and its pretty amazing.. improved so much since pes14/15.. so easy to control the cursor, making for some awesome placement.. including crossing a low ball to the far post. I still prefer fully manual (ie. full manual passing, but leaving through ball on basic - which means it becomes manual), but I do recommend having a go with advanced through ball.. a lot of fun :)

At 40 years of age, and with Konami kicking some major ass this year, my passion for gaming is well and truly sound..

I don't think u can switch sides on one controller unfortunately

Was actually looking forward to this PES after so many years. Master League sounded amazing, The ability to import kit images, Many more. However I hate it. It's too fast. I never feel as if I'm in control of the player. Foot plant sliding is ridiculous!

Sorry I'm out

Now is an HD version of the ps2 Era? Come now guys you can't keep making reasons not to enjoy PES.

this is a demo and gives you an indication of how the gameplay well be. It doesn't take into account a wider range of teams, how the ML, Cups or seasons play out and nobody knows what online well be like yet.

You can't make some of these deductions people are making.

My biggest gripes so far
- AI keeper rooted to his line 1 on 1
- AI pass accuracy
- ease of tricks
- lack of fouls
- wobbly animations in tussles and
- AI goals don't seem organic for lack of a better word. It's like to Romagnoli said. It sometimes feels like nothing could have stopped the AI from scoring

He makes a valid point. It's definitely been created with FIFA players in mind (and I'm talking about your average FIFA player, the FUT obsessive aged between 8-15 years old and sends abusive messages via Xbox Live when he loses a game!)

Konami are targeting the FIFA market now. This is obvious from the pick-up-and-play aspect of the PES 2016 demo.

Look at the evidence:

It's quicker than previous PES games.

Scoring goals is easy. You don't have to work hard for them anymore. More often than not, I can kick off, play 4 to 5 passes forward and score with ease. And I'm playing on Superstar difficulty.

I've said it before but this isn't a bad demo, not by any means. It's got the makings of an extremely good game. But like someone said above, it's a souped up PS2 version of PES. It's simplistic, straightforward and easy on the eye. Just what the modern day FIFA player (the majority, not the purists who post here) are craving.

Dude, I'd like to see you post a video on here, showing us how easy it is to pass through and score with ease on superstar manual passing and shooting,

That goalkeeper scoring video is a bug, surely, rather than anything else.

It's as if the AI doesn't see the goalkeeper as an opposition player, more like a referee. There's no dribbling involved, there's no hint of closing down, they just part like the red sea.

It's a bug, surely, and you'd hope that they'll fix that in a day one patch (if enough people tell them about it)! Otherwise, yeah, that'll become the most hammered exploit of all-time!

Now is an HD version of the ps2 Era? Come now guys you can't keep making reasons not to enjoy PES.

this is a demo and gives you an indication of how the gameplay well be. It doesn't take into account a wider range of teams, how the ML, Cups or seasons play out and nobody knows what online well be like yet.

My biggest gripes so far
- AI pass accuracy
- ease of tricks
- lack of fouls
- AI goals don't seem organic for lack of a better word. It's like to Romagnoli said. It sometimes feels like nothing could have stopped the AI from scoring

Pefect sum up of what it needs to be sorted on later patchs (dont expect it to be sorted from release)

I think most of these issues (like cpu "ping pong", lack of fouls, pace and etc) were much discussed here, but the last point about cpu scoring goal that you know you cant do anything about before it happens is something I have been experiencing as well and its very annoying.

My biggest gripes so far
- AI pass accuracy
- ease of tricks
- lack of fouls

Agree. To me keepers and referees. There are fouls, but they are not awarded.

Superstar is the way to go. I think it's easier, than PES 2015 and superstar offered me a great challenge in full manual.

I think top player -1 game speed no pass assist manual shot will be my sweet spot for this game maybe even superstar although I generally dont like dealing with either games stat boost when plying on the highest difficulty.

Company will probably spike the difficulty when it goes gold cause for the moment things are a little to easy on top player at least.

Still having fun with this demo

Anyone who says FIFAs manual is automated hasnt tried this . No pass assist on PES feels like semi-pass assist on the competitors offering, way to easy to pass.

But I still like it though!!!

Last edited:
I don't understand it. We are here to discuss PES 2016, probably the best football game ever. And what do we do? We do our best to find as many negative points as we can. Come on guys, Konami knows already about those problem-points we sum up over and over again.
Oh and if you doubt that it is the best football-game, please tell me what is. Let's enjoy the good side of the game, show us movies or tell us nice tricks you pull off, whatever, but stop beeing so negative all the time :Y1

That goalkeeper scoring video is a bug, surely, rather than anything else.

It's as if the AI doesn't see the goalkeeper as an opposition player, more like a referee. There's no dribbling involved, there's no hint of closing down, they just part like the red sea.

It's a bug, surely, and you'd hope that they'll fix that in a day one patch (if enough people tell them about it)! Otherwise, yeah, that'll become the most hammered exploit of all-time!

Its a bug but only offline, because online we are in control of players so its not going to happen.

And think with me, what's the point of exploiting this gk bug in an offline match. It will only take all the fun for you, because only you are playing. If people play single player with exploits in mind is better not to play at all in my opinion because that is just an exploit triggered by the human player, not like the pin point perfect passing from AI or the AI keeper not leaving is line in one on one's

I don't understand it. We are here to discuss PES 2016, probably the best football game ever. And what do we do? We do our best to find as many negative points as we can. Come on guys, Konami knows already about those problem-points we sum up over and over again.
Oh and if you doubt that it is the best football-game, please tell me what is. Let's enjoy the good side of the game, show us movies or tell us nice tricks you pull off, whatever, but stop beeing so negative all the time :Y1

i agree, the game play is amazing! Great animation, great response and overall very addicting. IDK if it's the best ever but it's definitely a super improvement from the disaster that was 2015

He makes a valid point. It's definitely been created with FIFA players in mind (and I'm talking about your average FIFA player, the FUT obsessive aged between 8-15 years old and sends abusive messages via Xbox Live when he loses a game!)

Konami are targeting the FIFA market now. This is obvious from the pick-up-and-play aspect of the PES 2016 demo.

Look at the evidence:

It's quicker than previous PES games.

Scoring goals is easy. You don't have to work hard for them anymore. More often than not, I can kick off, play 4 to 5 passes forward and score with ease. And I'm playing on Superstar difficulty.

:FAIL:

Enjoyed another game offline but it will again be an afterthought for me after MLO and online leagues.

I ran half the length of the pitch leaving 4 Frenchmen in my wake as I slotted the ball with Filipe Luiz. He is more effective than Neymar for me

Last edited:
must be just me by the looks of things but i am only impressed with the graphics.

The scale of the game seems to be smaller (pitch and players)

the looseness of everything in Pes 2015 is gone

response time is better but arcadish better if you asked me.
Every player has super agility and i mean suuppeerrrrr. Passes are way too accurate. goals really haven't satisfied me much.

the ball physics are worse.

my son loves it, but he's eight so...... he never loved PES 5 and 6 because he could only score on amateur.
He had a blast today with the demo, beat Juventus 3-0 with Brazil on regular.
he said this one is the best pops. Are we buying it?

Still have the Pes 2015 demo installed and played it afterwards. i think it was much better. looks like i am in the minority here so.......

FIFA players will love it i guess, its much more arcadish than simulation.

don't care what people say but with PES 2015 i felt that they were back on track but after playing this....., i think we will never get back to the ps2 days.
Konami tries to listen too everyone's opinion which can be placed on social media nowadays and that is making them loose the plot.

please bring back Seabass, atleast he had a clue.

just wish someone could hack/patch pes 5 or 6 in such a way that i could play it on the ps3 in HD with these ps4 graphics.

Double :FAIL::FAIL:

I ran half the length of the pitch leaving 4 Frenchmen in my wake as I slotted the ball with Filipe Luiz. He is more effective than Neymar for me

One thing I'm really struggling with is getting space, cannot outrun anyone, and even with a few yard head start I'm being beaten to the ball. Only way I ever get in the clear is with a through ball between the centre halves.

Once you start using momentum and wrong fitting players it gets easier. PES has good momentum and body weight shift. Always been one of my favourite features that very few people realise. You need a sturdy player though. Body balance is going to be a very important stat

One thing I'm really struggling with is getting space, cannot outrun anyone, and even with a few yard head start I'm being beaten to the ball. Only way I ever get in the clear is with a through ball between the centre halves.

Great point, it is very difficult to outrun the defence. Have to say it's a very addictive demo . . .can't get enough! Getting more used to manual on Superstar, just can't perfect the shooting or crossing.

The refereeing is shocking and the cheap goals by the Cpu are terrible, this passing between 2 or 3 forwards on your six yard line when they can't break you down is horrible to watch , smacks of desperation by the a.i. There's a lot of potential in this game if they can correct the faults which everyone has mentioned at this stage.

Have to admit I wasn't a fan of the last game but this is very enjoyable. If they can sort out the last third of the pitch when attacking we'll have a great game.

Great point, it is very difficult to outrun the defence. Have to say it's a very addictive demo . . .can't get enough! Getting more used to manual on Superstar, just can't perfect the shooting or crossing.

The refereeing is shocking and the cheap goals by the Cpu are terrible, this passing between 2 or 3 forwards on your six yard line when they can't break you down is horrible to watch , smacks of desperation by the a.i. There's a lot of potential in this game if they can correct the faults which everyone has mentioned at this stage.

Have to admit I wasn't a fan of the last game but this is very enjoyable. If they can sort out the last third of the pitch when attacking we'll have a great game.

That's a big fucking IF.

Shared on twitter for support and mentioned officialpes. Officialpes should do this instead of desperately and solely chasing Fifa supporters.

I use to get good insights on PES years ago but since probably 2 years KONAMI Completely pulled the plug towards me and I get zero, Seems like the FIFA Youtubers are the only important ones

I just had my longest single player PES session in years. At times the game just seems alive. In the old WE days, sometimes i experienced something similar; when you are in the zone and constructing a perfect attack where all players behave exactly like their real live counterparts, as if theirs souls are alive in those pixels. Well, the soul is finally back in PES2016, not just at certain moments like in 2014 and 2015, but every time you concentrate and give it your best, this game just keeps giving back.

It has some obvious flaws like bad foot planting, - animation linking, too much space in midfield and goalkeepers that should use their reflexes even more, especially at long shots. But it needs far less tinkering than i was expecting and as of yet these flaw don't stand in the way of me having fun with this game and they don't really distract from the sheer beauty the way shots and passes are deflected by defenders, the variety of CPU attacks or certain gems like the way keepers grab the woodwork after stretching out to the far corner...but my favourite improvement must be the crossing, you can now really swing one in and never know how it will end up.

Btw, i am playing on a PS4 (professional, manual passing, manual shooting) and i thought PES2014' speed was perfect and 2015 was a bit too fast. Yet 2016 feels about right to me, even on 0. It represents modern football very well and if you just calmly cover your zones/man you can intercept plenty of CPU passes. I wonder if people who have problems with the gamespeed are playing on a PS3?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom