PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

They haven't activated the physics when they are tense like that. If you look closely you should see the net freeze up later too, even if it freezes in a more slacked position probably. When I dabbled with games with cloth physics you do the same, it's no point making it continually compute the physics until something will actually hit it/maybe hit it.

+ The graphics nothing to say, impressive.
+ Players faces expressive as f*ck.
+ The impacts engine. wow. The one on one struggle is a mini battle every time.
+ The pace is much nicer to control.
+ Many say that the IA doesn't do fouls, I can not confirm because I only played against human, but in this case, they are fouls, and they really are fouls, no such frictions were nothing and charged like in 2015.
+ The control / player movement response is instantaneous.
+ The physics of the ball is very real. It freedom, weight and how it react to the rebounds, saves and effects.
+ GKs react very well. They give their life in every ball.
+ The overall game is fluid, from the UI to the game itself.
+ Game plan interface is much simpler, (hexagonal stats are back!)

Things that MUST be fixed:

- CPU Lack of fouls. They hit you but referee doesn't call it.
- CPU perfect touch. (Is like FIFA hard mode)
- CPU perfect definitions. Almost all shots are goals.

My first 3 match stats vs CPU in Legend difficulty with me being Palmeiras (the weakest team in the demo):

11882391_10152950577506540_7372007982201511850_o.jpg

11894423_10152950603386540_119774089845656974_o.jpg

11882278_10152950617741540_1095994489154587476_o.jpg

Anyway, I felt like a cross between the ISS Deluxe, 6 and PES 2015.

That for the moment.

The goalkeepers reaction times is very inconsistent, simple scenarios result in a goal or a scramble in defence because the GK takes so long to dive. It looks like they're being held back by an invisible rope.

I don't like the way the CPU plays but there's enough here for me to buy and play exclusively online, it'll be my first game since 2012. The last one I enjoyed was PES 2011.

One minor (?) point, how do people play PES with an Xbox One controller?! It feels so weird and unnatural.

must be just me by the looks of things but i am only impressed with the graphics.

The scale of the game seems to be smaller (pitch and players)

the looseness of everything in Pes 2015 is gone

response time is better but arcadish better if you asked me.
Every player has super agility and i mean suuppeerrrrr. Passes are way too accurate. goals really haven't satisfied me much.

the ball physics are worse.

my son loves it, but he's eight so...... he never loved PES 5 and 6 because he could only score on amateur.
He had a blast today with the demo, beat Juventus 3-0 with Brazil on regular.
he said this one is the best pops. Are we buying it?

Still have the Pes 2015 demo installed and played it afterwards. i think it was much better. looks like i am in the minority here so.......

FIFA players will love it i guess, its much more arcadish than simulation.

don't care what people say but with PES 2015 i felt that they were back on track but after playing this....., i think we will never get back to the ps2 days.
Konami tries to listen too everyone's opinion which can be placed on social media nowadays and that is making them loose the plot.

please bring back Seabass, atleast he had a clue.

just wish someone could hack/patch pes 5 or 6 in such a way that i could play it on the ps3 in HD with these ps4 graphics.

must be just me by the looks of things but i am only impressed with the graphics.
I disagree majorly with two things you said here:

FIFA players will love it i guess, its much more arcadish than simulation.
I don't like it. :)

don't care what people say but with PES 2015 i felt that they were back on track but after playing this....., i think we will never get back to the ps2 days.
I think that's exactly where PES is now. To me, it's a souped-up version of the best PS2 games, with all the good that brings (fun) and the bad (it's not a simulation).

Someone said on Twitter last night, and I was glad to see it wasn't just me thinking it, "has it finally happened - have PES and FIFA crossed paths, is PES becoming the arcade game and FIFA the simulation?"

I say that, but I haven't played FIFA 16 yet. I'm nervous - I thought both games were a step forward last year in many ways, but I'm really not liking this demo!

Scoring goals and shooting in generall completely ruins the game experience, its ridiculous, every chance is goal , shooting from 40 is like shot from a cannon, its awfull

Yes and defenders react very bad to Lob through balls, its not as bad as in FIFA but still.
stop playing on regular:P

I disagree majorly with two things you said here:

I don't like it. :)

I think that's exactly where PES is now. To me, it's a souped-up version of the best PS2 games, with all the good that brings (fun) and the bad (it's not a simulation).

Someone said on Twitter last night, and I was glad to see it wasn't just me thinking it, "has it finally happened - have PES and FIFA crossed paths, is PES becoming the arcade game and FIFA the simulation?"

I say that, but I haven't played FIFA 16 yet. I'm nervous - I thought both games were a step forward last year in many ways, but I'm really not liking this demo!

honestly, i don't like it. it even hurts me too say it, like i'm breaking some sort of code, but its the truth.

it feels empty.

the soul is gone.

somehow still hoping they tweak the final game, but since most seem to like it, i doubt they will.

honestly, i don't like it. it even hurts me too say it, like i'm breaking some sort of code, but its the truth.

it feels empty.

the soul is gone.

somehow still hoping they tweak the final game, but since most seem to like it, i doubt they will.

Have a break, have a kit Kat, sleep, refresh your mind and come back. You might enjoy it then :P

Like every year reading these impressions at first it's awesome, then it's awful.

Nothing different.

Does any one tryed the demo in ps4 and ps3 or 360???
what is the different in the term of gameplay only?
is it the same?
thanks

What difficultly are most people playing because I haven't had any issues yet with shooting being too easy or goalkeeper issues. Everything seems perfect and I play on superstar. Hell I find shooting from outside the box way harder than 15. You have to really work for it and get it right. I like that! It was too easy in 2015 to belt them in from outside.

I'm on Top Player and it's hard enough! losing most of my games and conceding with hardly any goals scored lol. I'm really trying to get to grips with manual though so I accept this will have an impact on the results.

I think its a wonderful game and I do not see all the problems that seem so obvious to others?

game is definitely challenging on superstar and full manual.
Still 60-70% passing accuracy..

Here is my first goal on superstar, manual.

Looked and felt like shit :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKsLc0eKqtY

You are playing as Bayern against Juve ? Thats why then...

Bayern plays a ball possession style, the whole with the ball movement works in a way to keep possession and passing the ball around easier, Bayern players are smart in moving into spacd and dropping back to give algernative of passes. Schweinsteiger for ex. has a very good sense of positionig so hes always there to make an easy transition between defence and midfield and also passing the ball around.

Juve, on the other hand, plays with all almost the 11 men behind the ball, very defensively. They play a counter attack game and they are not desperate at all to steal the from you, They are not agressive, they just play in their own defence expecting you to mak a mistake so they can build a quick counter attack.

Playing as Bayern against Juve is the easiest match to keep ball possession. If you play a team thats not as good as Bayern to keep possession against a team with a very agressive defence style is not easy at all keep possession.

Brasil for example is very agressive defensevely, they pressure a lot. France is not as agressive, but damn, they are on other level when it comes to physicality, they are full of strong, tall black men that win the ball easily.
But something that needs to be worked on is how easy it is fo the CPU to pass the ball between their back without any sense of threat no matter how hard you pressure them. In real football, if a team pass the ball around q lot against a team that know how to pressure, they will ne forced to clear the ball and give possession away somehow.

He makes a valid point. It's definitely been created with FIFA players in mind (and I'm talking about your average FIFA player, the FUT obsessive aged between 8-15 years old and sends abusive messages via Xbox Live when he loses a game!)

Konami are targeting the FIFA market now. This is obvious from the pick-up-and-play aspect of the PES 2016 demo.

Look at the evidence:

It's quicker than previous PES games.

Scoring goals is easy. You don't have to work hard for them anymore. More often than not, I can kick off, play 4 to 5 passes forward and score with ease. And I'm playing on Superstar difficulty.

I've said it before but this isn't a bad demo, not by any means. It's got the makings of an extremely good game. But like someone said above, it's a souped up PS2 version of PES. It's simplistic, straightforward and easy on the eye. Just what the modern day FIFA player (the majority, not the purists who post here) are craving.

Back
Top Bottom