PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Played the demo last night..
what a wonderful game.

Just something I'm wondering. Why do people on this forum expect lower teams to struggle with something as simple as passing? Passing is such a basic skill in footbal that when you get to the premier league for example it isn't an issue. I cant expect a team like Burnley for example to be misplasing passes. They don't misplace them in real life.

Played the demo last night..
what a wonderful game.

Just something I'm wondering. Why do people on this forum expect lower teams to struggle with something as simple as passing? Passing is such a basic skill in footbal that when you get to the premier league for example it isn't an issue. I cant expect a team like Burnley for example to be misplasing passes. They don't misplace them in real life.

Mispassing occurs a lot during real life matches even with the best teams. It often occurs when a player is being pressured or closed down. Since after passing support had been implemented, we don't see such thing that much.

4. Where did all the stats go? Seems they cut the stats in half this year - there's now no stat for "dribble speed", "agility" and a lot more... are these gone for good? Really hope not.

These have been gone for years mate :( The one I miss most is the shot technique stat. It uniquely differentiated certain players who had a high stat from others and could shoot accurately at goal from the most difficult situations and angles. That made a big difference to the striker I picked.

I cant expect a team like Burnley for example to be misplasing passes. They don't misplace them in real life.
In real life we don't see >90% pass completion match in match out (unless it's Barça, and also they hardly ever achieve that in real life). Still, in PES 2015 it was kinda normal and it looks like PES 2016 is no different.

Honestly i loved the demo a lot!
Played my first two matches in top player, AI scored in both of the match from crosses! And i was like :APPLAUD:
This game is far far more realistic than Fifa ever will be. The movement of players is fantastic even though they slide a lot.
Loved the celebrations,

Only draw back which i want to be fixed asap is the weight of the ball. And they seriously should put a good sound when player kicks the ball. Now it feels like you are kicking a baloon :P
Maybe thats just me.

Overall pretty good demo.

Whilst I love this, scoring goals still doesn't feel as 'fun' as it should. This was my issue with PES 2015.

It's glorious all over the pitch other than that. I am very keen to try FIFA 16 demo though as I still have a nagging doubt at the back of my mind about the online aspect of PES 2016. I usually end up owning both FIFA and PES, one for single player, the other for online co-op.

Let's be honest, PES 2015 was dross online. It was laggy, we couldn't zoom the camera out, there was no way of playing with the smaller clubs v smaller clubs (I was constantly meeting players using Real Madrid!)

So PES 2016 on the field is lovely, it's the issues off the field that still worry me.

These have been gone for years mate :( The one I miss most is the shot technique stat. It uniquely differentiated certain players who had a high stat from others and could shoot accurately at goal from the most difficult situations and angles. That made a big difference to the striker I picked.

We should demand the missong stats back or more stats at least

Reason why u can run the ball in the midfield is cos the CPU sides pressure tactics is set to all out defense, if you change it to front line pressure, it becomes a different game, as well modifying the formation and compactness, and also the individuals your playing against as well, cos seriously if the CPU team is set up 4-3-3 attacking, your not gonna get those midfield battles, makes sense,which is why I love this game a lot, and also to get those midfield battles individuality comes into play as to who is capable of closing down in the middle, it is an amazing game, so many layers, whereas Fifa seems like it will have midfield battles regardless who you play, cos of the way to coded into the game, as well as there long hard pass which will be exploited online.

Yeah, tactics are all over the place for all the teams. There is a quality simulation waiting to happen with 2016, just what level it will be on we will have to wait and see with the full game and how well the stats updates and tactic setups are.

The default tactics are giving a false perception that the game is tactically naive.

This game is so much better than we saw since the ISS-time, let's hope Konami will not change too much. I see a lot of nitpicking comments and I am afraid Konami will change this great game into a mediocre one if they fix all those small details. Okay, a keeper that is not coming from his line in a 1-1 should be fixed, as the agression from the CPU should be. But I hope Konami keep it by that.

Last edited:
Why running is just a button ? We have f..ng trgiggers for years but konami still refuse to use it. That's why running is so limited in Pes.

Wish there is a jostling button similar to Fifa.Maybe then you can slow down the game in the midfield and dictade the tempo. Now , there are always at least 2 players running towards you non-stop all the match. I also tried player vs. player and high presssure is even worse.

I played some 20 matches. I don't see difference between 2015 and 2016. The same bugs, the same lame keepers, Usain Bolt speed AI opponent, this time 0 fouls until I started using sliding tackle. AI 0 fouls at all. I don't know how is it on PS4 but on XOne before match stadium cutscenes and crowd are 720p and 30FPS or even worse. Like PC and PS3/X360. No hope for PES in the coming years if they will go the same path as now.

Played around 40 matches now.

As someone else has previously said, this does play a little too fast. I suppose I can change the game speed but will we be able to do that online?

It plays a little slower if we change Camera Type to WIDE and zoom the camera out as far as it will go. Dynamic Wide or whatever it's called makes the game feel quite fast, definitely quicker than previous games.

Scoring goals is an issue now. Tap shoot in the opposing area and it's a goal 90% of the time. It feels so empty, as I posted above.

I think the initial "This is amazing" is already fading for me. It's a bit like the old FIFA games, where I loved them at first but they quickly became boring.

It plays like a dream in the middle of the park and playing out of defence. But I just don't like the game where it matters and that's in the opponent's penalty area.

It's a shame because this has huge potential - but I don't know if I'll be buying it on Day 1.

Played the demo and ir seems much better than the last versions...
But playing with all passes on manual, the throught pass (triangle) is really that slow?
How to pass throught long or speed throught balls on manual?

I've been enjoying the demo, yeah there's a lot of little animation niggles where the animation isn't quite consistent with the amount of power you've put into a pass or shot.

I think my biggest complaint is that there are still clipping issues with models; limbs disheartening into the ground, ball still travels through players limbs and phantom touches still exist.

To show how subjective opinions are, I show you two opinions about the speed of the game:

Played the demo and ir seems much better than the last versions...
But playing with all passes on manual, the throught pass (triangle) is really that slow?
How to pass throught long or speed throught balls on manual?

Played around 40 matches now.

As someone else has previously said, this does play a little too fast.
I suppose I can change the game speed but will we be able to do that online?
:D
I think it has a lot to do with your playing style ( end-to-end or slow build up , for example) and the team plays a role as well.
Germany plays faster then Corinthians.

what have they done with the passing??, on level 1 u CANT even pass wrong, why in all the reviews is this not mentioned, feels so bad totally a gamebreaker for me

I play on the xbox360, is the passing as bad on the other platforms?

The more I play, the more I am getting that 'empty' feeling when scoring goals. Worrying.

shooting is still a bit overpowered most of the times altough it has more variation. especially one-on-one shots in the box, R2 and chip shots by the cpu. go on twitter and give a feedback to officialpes

is it the same case if you try to perform it?

Last edited:
To show how subjective opinions are, I show you two opinions about the speed of the game:

:D
I think it has a lot to do with your playing style ( end-to-end or slow build up , for example) and the team plays a role as well.

a Roma-Juve(ive been with Roma) offers quiet a slow game and Juve mostly kicks the ball up to Morata or Tevez, crosses from the wing. i think its all down to tactics

Don't get me wrong, it's still slower than FIFA but that's not difficult - that game has always been a speed-fest.

The more I play this though, the more I am becoming a little fed up with it. I am already scoring the same type of goal in nearly every game and I like I've already said, it feels 'empty' - it doesn't get me fist-pumping. I just think "Meh" that was easy.

I'll keep playing it but this doesn't bode well. I can't see me getting this until I've read what the community think.

It's a case of one step forwards, two steps back with Konami it seems.

what have they done with the passing??, on level 1 u CANT even pass wrong, why in all the reviews is this not mentioned, feels so bad totally a gamebreaker for me

I play on the xbox360, is the passing as bad on the other platforms?
Maybe it's easier on the 360. Level 1 should only help a bit.
If that is too easy you better play with level off.

Don't get me wrong, it's still slower than FIFA but that's not difficult - that game has always been a speed-fest.

The more I play this though, the more I am becoming a little fed up with it. I am already scoring the same type of goal in nearly every game and I like I've already said, it feels 'empty' - it doesn't get me fist-pumping. I just think "Meh" that was easy.

I'll keep playing it but this doesn't bode well. I can't see me getting this until I've read what the community think.

It's a case of one step forwards, two steps back with Konami it seems.

Why don't you have a Greggs pastie then go back to it?

Last edited:
yeah i agree the game biggest weakness is in the box, despite the goalkeepers are amazing. im more fist pumped by their saves than by goals

- passing assitance lvl1 = lvl2. passing is too pin point on lvl1
- R2 shots overpowered with star players
- 1on1 shots are 90% goal either with cpu or player
- no fouls
- cpu's chip shot always goal
- cpu scores lot of rebound goals
- passing accuracy is too high from the cpu, even Palmeiras does it 90%+

besides these the game is amazing, if they could sort this out(dunno wich can be in this short period of time without serious programming), this could be the best PES. the player ID, the tactics, the collision system, the areial battles, the keepers...those saves, ballphysics are much better aswell, the little new bits, the new animations opens a whole new horizont to play

Last edited:
Maybe it's easier on the 360. Level 1 should only help a bit.
If that is too easy you better play with level off.

so youre saying its not that bad on ps4/xbox one??

because on the xbox 360 u dont even have to aim, and thats on level 1
and on manual is takes to long for the player to make the pass

dBx2Acl.gif

ofnxI9y.gif

Well first off, take a look at this table of stats showing average passing accuracy for the 2014/2015 season (including Burnley): CLICK HERE

Burnley had a 70% pass success on average. In this demo, I've not seen less than 85% so far, and that's with Corinthians and Palmeiras. Now admittedly, they're better than Burnley, and maybe it's down to me not being good enough defensively at the moment, but I'm not terrible at PES 2015 and it was the same story when playing against Burnley.

But, for me (personally), the never-misplacing-passes comes second on my list of frustrations, with the first one being - Burnley couldn't pass the ball around instantly, with barely any kicking motion producing a lot of power, producing first-time passes 4-5 times in a row over and over again. They might not misplace a great deal of passes on a good day, but they're not Barcelona, they're not superstars and they're not psychic robots, but in this demo Corinthians and Palmeiras pass so quickly and without a second's thought (or so much as looking at who they're passing to).

These are only exhibition games, too. When you're playing in the ML and it kicks the AI up a notch.........

To show how subjective opinions are, I show you two opinions about the speed of the game: <snip>

I can understand this, and you're definitely right - I always try to play a certain way, which is slow, measured passing, retaining possession and waiting for the right opportunity. But playing like this in the demo (on Top Player or Superstar, but particularly the latter), I find every team pressing me the same way, and when they win back possession, passing up the field the same way (without even looking at who they're passing to).

I think online, if the game is slowed down and lag-free, it could be brilliant, but that's my biggest hope for the game this year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom