PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

One issue i have noticed with the AI is the momentum rebound goals! The AI against me must have scored at least 10 rebound goals which always seem to in a scripted way find their man after the keeper saves it then my team freezes.

I see a similar system with the tackling! The AI or me has a scripted 'Tackle won' programming where if you get the ball with an interception even if its not quite clean enough the game seems to cheese the player off it so the player then has a magnet an the ball ad dispossesd player seems to allow the new player to get it. Its very awkward and needs looking at for the full game.

Also noticed how the 'All Out Defence' System seems to work better than the Frontline Pressure by default, its important to switch 'Auto offside trap' ON if you have front line pressure or the AI will just walk through your defence with ease.

Tactically the game is same as last year but better because the game has evolved and advanced forward.

I will try to upload 3-4 FULL MANUAL matches today and tomorrow. I'm starting to get the hang of full manual superstar. I'm actually winning matches now, shock horror!

Last edited:
One issue i have noticed with the AI is the momentum rebound goals! The AI against me must have scored at least 10 rebound goals which always seem to in a scripted way find their man after the keeper saves it then my team freezes.

I see a similar system with the tackling! The AI or me has a scripted 'Tackle won' programming where if you get the ball with an interception even if its not quite clean enough the game seems to cheese the player off it so the player then has a magnet an the ball ad dispossesd player seems to allow the new player to get it. Its very awkward and needs looking at for the full game.

Also noticed how the 'All Out Defence' System seems to work better than the Frontline Pressure by default, its important to switch 'Auto offside trap' ON if you have front line pressure or the AI will just walk through your defence with ease.

Tactically he game is same as last year but better because the game has evolved and advanced forward.

I will try to upload 3-4 FULL MANUAL matches today and tomorrow. I'm starting to get the hang of full manual superstar. I'm actually winning matches now, shock horror!

Funny enough I haven't conceded any of those goals yet (rebounds). And this is after 2 days of playing on superstar *knock on wood*

Sorry being negative but some of the things that i hate most in a football game is present in Pes 2016;

-Game is too fast(speed option doesn't mean anything to me because ı play online)
-Pressure abuse still present and it's so annoying
-Ping pong passing even on 1 level assitance
-End to end arcade style gameplay

There are some cool things aswell but the things above prevent me from playing this game.

I am downloading the Fifa 16 beta right now, i will make comparison after a while. Hope it's better than Fifa 15 or i am gonna skip this year.

Funny enough I haven't conceded any of those goals yet (rebounds). And this is after 2 days of playing on superstar *knock on wood*

You will on full manual, takes some time to get used to. The AI was kicking my ass but since i got used to the game is started using the tactics to give my team some substance, now i can handle them :)

Sorry being negative but some of the things that i hate most in a football game is present in Pes 2016;

-Game is too fast(speed option doesn't mean anything to me because ı play online)
-Pressure abuse still present and it's so annoying
-Ping pong passing even on 1 level assitance
-End to end arcade style gameplay

There are some cool things aswell but the things above prevent me from playing this game.

I am downloading the Fifa 16 beta right now, i will make comparison after a while. Hope it's better than Fifa 15 or i am gonna skip this year.

Ping pong passing and end to end football is definately because of the pass assistance (at least from a User stand point). Playing on manual passing won't have any of that.

Can't the speed be changed for online? I only play offline, that's why I'm asking.

Demo on PS4 is good, pes 2016 will be a great game, if scoring will not as easy as in the demo (nearly 100% of shots in the Box will end in goals, no matter what difficulty) and Fouls / referees will be fixed.

So far i like it very much and those two issues are my only concerns after about 20 matches.

Is manual shooting still stats driven?

I have major problems with shooting. Shooting seems overpowerd, even with lesser players rocket like goals from outside seems a normality.

Tried manual, allthough I am not used to it, is quite the opposite. It is to manual for me. Maybe I need time to master it.

There seems to be no sweet spot. Either I score with everyone, or with no one.

I am quite surprised i am really enjoying this it far from perfect but you can see the ground foundations are finally coming along.

I reckon next year this game will blow Fifa out the park this is without doubt best PES since Playstation 2 era.

This was from my first game so unlucky with Vidal

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGMPC_vCCf8

Last edited:
Oh. I am an offline player as well. If the CPU keeper stays in that situation then yes it's bad. But being in a 1-1 situation IRL is a very difficult one. Also not all keepers are super keepers. I do agree that they should come out for such situations to cover the goal and make the attacker not see much of the goal. It's just keeper 101. I think the prob started happening since the PES dept made some keepers offensive while others aren't. So while the offensive ones will come at you quick, the non offensive ones will just sit back and sadly allow a goal in.

Just scored this brutal finish with manual shooting, professional difficulty..

Unfortunately Neuer forget to come out and close down the angles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inWucvN28fA

I hardly played any match yet.

I've spent a good time creating a new intro for my Pes 2016 videos from the share factory, its easy to use for an amatuer like myself and I think my intro good, far from being professional but its decent for an amatuer.

Soon Ill upload a gameplay match with the new intro.

played about 5 games tonight. Tried a different team every time. It was enjoyable.

Still got that annoying thing where I was 3-0 up and they pull one back and celebrate like its the winning goal. They should be getting ball out of the net. Is that in the game?

initial impressions (ps4):

cons
- referees - lot's of fouls not given, fouls which should be red / yellow not well judged, way too many advantage played (should only in case of real opportunity), if diving is not successful, yellow is always given
- keepers stuck to their lines, close range scoring is not rewarding, slo-mo diving

Pretty much spot on , the refs are completely broken also I've played 5 games on top level and not won one foul, the AI just doesn't want to foul you...so frustrating

played about 5 games tonight. Tried a different team every time. It was enjoyable.

Still got that annoying thing where I was 3-0 up and they pull one back and celebrate like its the winning goal. They should be getting ball out of the net. Is that in the game?

i heard it's in and you're right. If after a goal a team is still down there should be no celebrating.

People complaining about not enough fouls. If more fouls are called it should be on one condition... disable replays after fouls. Most annoying thing ever is replays that cant be shut off.

its in the cpu once came back from 2-0 down and the scorer picked up the ball both times

Cutscenes for subs now are more frequent and happen randomly, not just when CPU is winning. That was the case until Pes 2015.

And like you said players will take the ball from the net instead of celebrating when they are losing

In general there are more contextual cutscenes that give a bit more feeling to the match. Fifa is still on another level, though.

Replays are still not good enough. many times it seems like the Pes cameraman is drunk not being able to focus on the right angle. Awesome gameplay moves are badly reproduced through replays.

Back
Top Bottom