PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

is it me or PES is like a baby who was born in late 2014, crawled in 2015 and suddenly yesterday he grabbed onto something and started to walk aswell?

i think its cool that the only gripes i see on twitter aswell are refs, R2, passing assitance. all of them tweakable. fingers crossed

Last edited:
Really enjoying the game so far. Only problem I'm having that isn't on my end (not being good enough on the sticks), are the lack of fouls both for and against. The physicality is very nice, but I think that the PES team, in an attempt to show off this new addition, made the refs less inclined to call what are clear fouls.

The gameplay is perfect. Please don't change a thing except a few more fouls. Pace,passing.
,flow of game should not be touched. Pls make sure online is not laggy

Exactly that. I'll only be playing it online, and if it's anything like as manic as it is against the CPU on Superstar, it's going to be like pinball!

As I said last night...........turn the team condition arrow for both teams to the downwards mauve arrow.............transforms the game and no more ping pong passing...........!!!

Gonna start to play against cpu tonight. What settings do you recommend for a great experience?

Already played against human and it was enjoyable.

As I said last night...........turn the team condition arrow for both teams to the downwards mauve arrow.............transforms the game and no more ping pong passing...........!!!

but its not a permanent solution, i hope they sort out passing assistance. cmon guys tweet officialpes and adam, they listen

Best games I've had so far have been with Corinthians and Palmeiras, great atmosphere and well balanced matches with these two on Superstar full manual. Got caught out with a lovely free kick from Corinthians. ..their forward ran up to take it from just outside the box and I made my wall jump to block but he steps over it and his mate running behind him chips it in just as my wall lands back on the ground. . lovely goal.

Have seen a lot of cheap goals as well . . manual is hard work on Superstar as I discovered watching Klashmans matches last night and playing it for myself today. It's a very good game much better than last year's ... it doesn't look as good on my Ps3 as it does on Ps4 videos. Cpu seems to throw a tantrum sometimes if it's not winning .. then scripting starts to kick in. . .more positives than negatives in the game this year.

winner winner chicken dinner!!!! finally tightened up the controls to where I actually feel in control the entire match.
Played 10 matches of the PES demo 15 while 16 was downloading.
This is superior to PES 15 in every way.
Skipped 15 entirely. 16 will be a first day purchase.

No homo but Pogba felt so good!!!!

I know that not everyone likes tactical defending with the other game.
I however appreciate the mechanic because it does not to me feel so automated. Does PES have any option like that?

This demo is singing to me the same way PES 10 demo and PES 13 demo did.

Beautiful lighting with this game.

One thing that bugs me is that in replays (except for the advanced replay or whatever it's called) you can't see the grass, it just looks like a plain green carpet.

lack of fouls in the Demo for 15 and 16 bug me FIFA is like that to though.
Cheap game design after all these years that both games hack you to death and as soon as you feather touch the opposition the cards start flying.

The control of players the dev team has been working on feels great.

What does everyone think of the new dynamic wide cam? Also, any word on online camera options? Better not be wide zoom 1 height 7 again

REALLY loving this game! IMO the most impressive thing or improvement other than the collision system/physical play = THE GOALKEEPERS! They are fkcing smart and reliable!

Love the net physics too :)

Was planning to play a couple of games last night then watch a movie...3 hours later and I was still playing.

I won a couple of free kicks and conceded a couple but they do need to tidy up what gets called a foul and what doesn't. Loved hearing the little scream from players when they get fouled and also loved how I made a slide tackle and it just clipped his ankle, conceding a foul. In FIFA, they just let the attacking player ghost through it!!

Felt really good to play and love the dribbling! Well just moving the left stick around gets you into so many different positions. Sometimes out of a tight spot and sometimes into a jostle with the opposition. Feels brilliant in that regard and is the reason why FIFA irritates me when you play both. Every touch on FIFA seems so exaggerated and when you use the pace modifier it makes them tippy toe around. PES seems to nail those in between subtleties just with the left stick.

Felt like pressing the shoot button (or the clear button) for a defender needed to be well timed or else you'd lunge and missand sometimes fall over. Powering up fully as the ball is in the air often won me the header but doing it too early meant the guy leapt for nothing. Great stuff.

I saved two videos on the Xbox - not goals but a great save and a great volley that just missed.

http://xboxclips.com/CalcioCalabrese/37b11179-4f69-4a57-a13a-2e1fc49ec3a0
http://xboxclips.com/CalcioCalabrese/571dc856-ea93-422b-8fd0-78c984f803cd

Rushing the keeper saw him get chipped twice but if you rush him for half
a second and back off he can block the shot without needing to fully commit. Tried a couple of camera angles (first one was custom 8-2-5 and the second was 4-0-7 from memory). Preferred the second as it had a nice open goalface like broadcast cam and got me a little closer to the action.

Oh...and I was playing Top Player after a few games on Regular with 1 bar passing.

Notice a few people run all the time with the ball into midfield. I tried playing with left stick walking around and jogging only unless I was trying to sprint into space or down a wing. The game feels great like that and you definitely get midfield battles. People that complain must surely play the game like it's end to end, when it doesn't have to be!

Tried changing the height of my defensive line during certain parts of the game and if you go too agressive the opposition definitely tries to get in behind.

Sometimes the ball seems to float a little but I'm not sure if that's a frame rate thing because of the camera angle or just where they're at with ball physics at the moment.

Love the game on first day. Really can see me playing this for the whole year.
I've made a little highlight reel, like the feel of the game and even the cutscenes are a small step up :lol:

Check it out guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvBxGOSAQ8o

Shared on twitter for support and mentioned officialpes. Officialpes should do this instead of desperately and solely chasing Fifa supporters.

Oh...and I was playing Top Player after a few games on Regular with 1 bar passing.

Notice a few people run all the time with the ball into midfield. I tried playing with left stick walking around and jogging only unless I was trying to sprint into space or down a wing. The game feels great like that and you definitely get midfield battles. People that complain must surely play the game like it's end to end, when it doesn't have to be!

Tried changing the height of my defensive line during certain parts of the game and if you go too agressive the opposition definitely tries to get in behind.

Sometimes the ball seems to float a little but I'm not sure if that's a frame rate thing because of the camera angle or just where they're at with ball physics at the moment.

Reason why u can run the ball in the midfield is cos the CPU sides pressure tactics is set to all out defense, if you change it to front line pressure, it becomes a different game, as well modifying the formation and compactness, and also the individuals your playing against as well, cos seriously if the CPU team is set up 4-3-3 attacking, your not gonna get those midfield battles, makes sense,which is why I love this game a lot, and also to get those midfield battles individuality comes into play as to who is capable of closing down in the middle, it is an amazing game, so many layers, whereas Fifa seems like it will have midfield battles regardless who you play, cos of the way to coded into the game, as well as there long hard pass which will be exploited online.

Really loving the game so far, but rather than post the pros, I'll skip that and just post the cons in case there is a chance these things might be changed in time for release.

1. Biggest thing for me is overpowered shots. I don't mean that shot power needs to be toned down across the board, but I do want to see way more variance/error in shots, especially from outside the box and even more so from players with lesser stats. Currently, most "bad" shots now are either just too close to the keeper (but still screamers that need to be punched away) or screamers that fly just by or over the bar. In real life, shots from outside the box are wayward far more often. I'd like to see shots get completely shanked (go into row Z or go way wide), or miss-hit on goal with little power with far more regularity. This makes the screamers that you hit that much more sweet, and also increases individuality if done based on stats.

2. Passing. I love passing in general, but similar to the above I want to see way more error on passing from lower teams. Playing as Corinthians against Bayern, passing felt far too accurate for me as a lower team. Even as the good teams, I'd like to see passing be a bit looser, with passing not going straight to players' feet quite so often. More error, variety and individuality!

3. Where did all the fouls go? I've seen way too many fouls go unpunished.

4. Where did all the stats go? Seems they cut the stats in half this year - there's now no stat for "dribble speed", "agility" and a lot more... are these gone for good? Really hope not.

5. Dribbling with some players feels a little too good for their rating. I'm not sure what other rating makes them feel so good dribbling (it seems to be the faster players), but players like Vagner Love, who has a dribble skill of about 75, or Mendoza, who is super fast but has no other skills, seems like way too good a player.

Those are the big things for me right now... still trying to see more about wrong foot accuracy and whether that is well balanced, but seems ok so far. Hoping some of these changes are forthcoming (esp #1!).

Back
Top Bottom