PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

All those players where added in the winter transfers update and it's very clear nobody had time to implement their stats properly. There isn't enough people it seems currently working on the game in this regard.

I applied and didn't get in so they must have enough people from the new batch.

Your correct, very, very few players are rated correctly even the top players are just given silly god like stats like with Cristiano and Messi who are practically given 95 or 99 for everything.

If you play on the PC and use PES Galaxy i will release my EDIT.bin soon for everyone to use.

He must be using fluid formation where his players drop back deep when he is out of possession.
Yes, tactics play a large role in this. I am now playing the Brazilian league with a 2.5 star team (fm, ss at home, tp away). I have set a 4-2-3-1 (fluid) formation, with a defensive variant where when out of possession all players except the "1" drop down deep. This solves a number of defensive problems. First, with a bit of counter-countering, long through balls are practically eliminated, as are also counters if I do not lose possession in my own third. Second, the CPU has a harder time breaking through an organised defense; the two DMFs are a great help in achieving this. It is also much easier to keep the midfielders from being exhausted when you have two DMFs.

At some point after the launch of PES 2015 I thought that defending against ss was unrealistic way too often, but I now find it most interesting (at home). I appreciate how they've made the CPU offense dangerous if you challenge them too much. It is obvious in real football that the task of the defender is very often just to contain and wait for the error or the challenge by the attacker. If the defender challenges, he'll get run over. That's also the way it should be in these games.

Ok, I admit there are times when I still find it impossible to stop the CPU from scoring. One reason for this is the lousy marking by AI-controlled defenders. You can't always be there to compensate: you clear the ball way up midfield, the CPU one-times it to a free attacker inside the box, who one-times it in. Not much you can do. Other cases where you can't do much involve your defenders simply refusing to take possession. Either they refuse to intercept even when placed perfectly, or they refuse to receive a pass. Not sure whether this is a stat thing, a momentum thing or just a "feature."

But most of the time defending is intriguing. Trying to figure out a working combination of containing, challenging, teammate pressure, intercepting and keeping your defense in shape is far from trivial, at least for me. I hope they don't make defending more automatic in '16, except for better positioning of AI-controlled defenders and midfielders.

I like the defending in 15 but yes it does need a few tweaks, but for me what konami need to get right for 16 is the pressuring stamina system, especially when playing others online, if they get that right the game will go up another level in the right direction.

The stats on this game are awful.

Top teams are overrated, there are outdated stats for players like Wright-Phillips, N'Zogbia etc..

I've spend time yesterday individually importing mostly Football Manager stats and while i'm not surprised but it's fantastic, it really does improve the game. No just for top teams but mid-range teams massively.

Lowering the technique of many premier league players really gives the game a more loose feeling with Villa, Sunderland, QPR etc..

I hear Simcut has been hired by Konami, please take note of the football manager stats, for realism, it's important to pay attention to the ball control and dribbling stats, first touch is a big thing in this game and has been for at least 5 years, for the majority of premier league teams especially, players are poor technically but have very strong physical stats. Leagues like Spain and Italy tend to be the opposite with germany, France being a mixed bag.

Also in my next video i'll upload a match vs my brother and I must tell you guys,the best way by far and always has been the best way to play PES 2015 or pretty much all football games is against a friend, brother etc.. The game is so much more nicer and organic than against the CPU! many of the issues i see when playing vs the AI just don't happen against a human, it's really a beautiful game when played against someone and far better than any other football game, bar PES 2013.

Probably have to be careful what I say now, but I agree, the stats need a lot of work outside of the big teams, in my opinion.

Yeah, FM stats are excellent generally, good base to work on :)

Something else that needs a lot of work are formations, I'm working on a project at the moment regarding the formations, in terms of starting lineups.

For example, there are a lot of teams in Italy where the original Option File has players in the Starting XI who have less than 500 minutes played all season at the club, some even less (less than 100 minutes), I think the Data Editors are going to be working on things like that (hopefully!) - formations is one of the things I've been tasked to deal with, but on specific leagues only.

Last edited:
@SIMCUT - If you can get the teams to play how they play in real life with the correct formations/starting line ups that would be great.
We shouldn't have to spend hours changing formations, starting line up and the way they play.
Thanks

@SIMCUT - If you can get the teams to play how they play in real life with the correct formations/starting line ups that would be great.
We shouldn't have to spend hours changing formations, starting line up and the way they play.
Thanks

Yeah totally agree man, it should be more realistic than what it is at the moment, Konami need to find a way to do it not just for myclub though but to update for all modes, the gap between myclub transfer updates and the data pack updates are too big

Guys i have a problem, i am playing in PEU league in master league, now when i am playing against a team, before i have to go to game plan so now when in gameplan i am selecting mark settings i witnessed that one of the opponent player is suspended due to red card but still he has been selected to play and is showing in there team sheet . So How is it even possible. how can the Cpu A.i. select a red carded player and make him play that match.Is any of you witnessed it or I am the only one unlucky one. plzzz help By the way i am on pc so sorry to post here but i have to know, is this for only pc or not bcoz some guys in pc also witnesses this bug.Thanku

Guys i have a problem, i am playing in PEU league in master league, now when i am playing against a team, before i have to go to game plan so now when in gameplan i am selecting mark settings i witnessed that one of the opponent player is suspended due to red card but still he has been selected to play and is showing in there team sheet . So How is it even possible. how can the Cpu A.i. select a red carded player and make him play that match.Is any of you witnessed it or I am the only one unlucky one. plzzz help By the way i am on pc so sorry to post here but i have to know, is this for only pc or not bcoz some guys in pc also witnesses this bug.Thanku

Its because the game is showing you the team that played in the last match. If you start the game you will see the red carded player is not playing.

Its because the game is showing you the team that played in the last match. If you start the game you will see the red carded player is not playing.

No he is playing in the match i can mark that player in the gameplan he is playing as well as the player is also getting a rating also after the match.is it me or every body is facing this bug.

All those players where added in the winter transfers update and it's very clear nobody had time to implement their stats properly. There isn't enough people it seems currently working on the game in this regard.

I applied and didn't get in so they must have enough people from the new batch.

Your correct, very, very few players are rated correctly even the top players are just given silly god like stats like with Cristiano and Messi who are practically given 95 or 99 for everything.

If you play on the PC and use PES Galaxy i will release my EDIT.bin soon for everyone to use.

The default database is okay. In general I use it as a base for my file. I prefer to not to focus too much on the star players as most of them only need a tweak or two. I focus mostly on players who are underrated - players like Bernat-Bayern, Coman-Juve, and Torres-Porto. There are also mistakes with special abilities and com play styles. One only has to take a look at Steven Caulkers special abilities to realize that there might be a lot of mistakes in the default database.

The default database is okay. In general I use it as a base for my file. I prefer to not to focus too much on the star players as most of them only need a tweak or two. I focus mostly on players who are underrated - players like Bernat-Bayern, Coman-Juve, and Torres-Porto. There are also mistakes with special abilities and com play styles. One only has to take a look at Steven Caulkers special abilities to realize that there might be a lot of mistakes in the default database.

Very true.

For me the most obvious case of such neglect are Dybala and Vazquez from Palermo - two of the best players in Serie A this season.

They updated a few players and I think they are right by not going crazy upping Dyabala, Kane et al.

I do think there are quite a few crazy overated players in the game. Edson Cavani is a perfect example of this - the guy is more effective than Messi which is a bit of a joke

Last edited:
Wow, refs in this game are absolutely atrocious. Completely ruins it for me. Nothing better than receiving a yellow card with your defender in the first 10 minutes of the game, just because of a slightly mistimed tackle, and playing the rest of the game knowing that one more foul will get him sent off.

Wow, refs in this game are absolutely atrocious. Completely ruins it for me. Nothing better than receiving a yellow card with your defender in the first 10 minutes of the game, just because of a slightly mistimed tackle, and playing the rest of the game knowing that one more foul will get him sent off.

Yes, but you rarely get sent off for a second yellow. I've been trying it on purpose (not really trying to foul, but doing risky sliding tackles)...

I agree that refs aren't good.
There is also something wrong with the collision system, and this results often in 'fouls' (obstruction) by the CPU, but refs don't recognize them as fouls (i guess because it's a mistake in the collision system, but i could be wrong).

CPU teams should also commit more fouls.

Slide tackle someone from behind and you will get sent off. The game is realistic. People whine about real refs all the time, so why not a video game? Whine on people:YES:

Slide tackle someone from behind and you will get sent off. The game is realistic. People whine about real refs all the time, so why not a video game? Whine on people:YES:

I would agree the ref sys in this game is realistic in many cases. On the surface yes it does look biased at times but it does teaches you to defend wisely and time your tackles as accurately as possible, aiming to get the ball not your opponent foot. I managed to reduce the tremendous amount of fouls and red cards I was getting before.

Slide tackle someone from behind and you will get sent off. The game is realistic.

Agreed. At first it was horrible, now I know always when I am about to get a red, and 95% of the time when I am about to get a yellow. So I now take them only when necessary. (The difficult cases are those resulting from the use of teammate pressure.)

You can only slide tackle wisely, and can't press indiscriminately.

At least those stupid fouls like in PES 2014 don't exist anymore... as in trying to block a shot with a sliding tackle well in front of the attacker and then 3 seconds later he trips on your player and... Penalty!

But I agree, CPU should foul a bit more. I barely got to take free kicks in my ML so far...

It's not as bad as the over lenient refs in FIFA, nothing more frustrating than being cut down during a goal scoring opportunity and the ref gives only a yellow.. or having your heels clipped as your still able to and about to play that crucial through ball only for the ref to deny your advantage and pull it back for a useless free kick.

come on the refs are shocking in this game - if the player doesn't have the ball eg a late tackle you can almost kill someone and it just goes completely unnoticed..there is obviously some time delay programmed in to when the ref stops looking at the previously player who had the ball. It happens 95% of times if you are only a little bit late it gets seen and punished after the event

come on the refs are shocking in this game - if the player doesn't have the ball eg a late tackle you can almost kill someone and it just goes completely unnoticed..there is obviously some time delay programmed in to when the ref stops looking at the previously player who had the ball. It happens 95% of times if you are only a little bit late it gets seen and punished after the event
Eh, the refs are only shocking in their inability to flag the CPU. But as for User fouls, I seldom get cards, I just don't tackle unless it's clear I have a proper and safe opportunity to poke the ball away. But if you run around the pitch attempting to tackle the CPU every time it has the ball, you'll get called for fouls, yes.

still playing this and it is still the best pes in a while but some stuff does my tits in.

Headers in manual always seem to go off targeting the same place. The refs are card happy. The nets! fucking woeful. The ad boards are awfully pixelated. No injuries at all really.

Small stuff but it certainly holds the game back.

Im worried they will do a FIFA and focus on the daft fantasy team mode.

They updated a few players and I think they are right by not going crazy upping Dyabala, Kane et al.

I do think there are quite a few crazy overated players in the game. Edson Cavani is a perfect example of this - the guy is more effective than Messi which is a bit of a joke

Jose Callejon, Felipe Melo and Charles N'Zogbia are evidence Konami straight up forget about some players and forget to lower their ratings.

Back
Top Bottom