PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Another example

A. Diamanti in Asian CL: http://pesdb.net/pes2015/?id=1073778975
A. Diamanti in Fiorentina (transfered): http://pesdb.net/pes2015/?id=37151

Stats in Asian Champion's league are totally randomized, like a PEU league or D2 (fake) League.

Talking about Melo, N'Zogbia etc. i think that big old names deserves to have a mix with their past + current abilities.

And that's Konami's trying to do, but they forget to reduce many players. In fact, the database is a mix between Fifa inspiration, old player untouched from previous PES, randomized players, and mistakes (like Onyewu 55 in Body Balance and Wright-Phillips 91)
There are "too many sources" like someone said in OPE forums.

The database, excepted for big teams/leagues is a beta-test, in rebuild, unfinished. Having an healthy database for me makes 50% of the gameplay.

i hope that new data editors will do their job well almost for PES 2016 or future DLC 5.0.
All we can do is to trust in those guys work.

Have to have a break from Master league it's so annoying how your players reactions are so poor and at times just freeze and let the AI win the ball

Yea and custom cup ..also I hate how nearly every master league game is at night played 7 games and 6 have been at night ..looks crap

Weird, in my La Liga ML every league game is during daytime and I'm sick and tired of that -especially cause my Estadio Del Nuevo Triunfo cast those really annoying striped shadows on the pitch.
It got to a point where I now enjoy matches at night and rainy ones too.

But I agree the ML script is so annoying. My modest Real Betis could beat both Barca and Real away last season. But I am humbled every time I visit Granada at their place. All their players are on steoids, cocaine and Bane's venom.

Seriously, it wasn't the first time. I had no chance beating them, I didn't get even close.

And when I go check their players stats, once again the same guys with 68 for speed rating are outsprinting my guys who are 90+

This fucking boils my piss. I'm having a long break from ML, even though I got CL footie on it. Need my nerves back in place.

All their players are on steoids, cocaine and Bane's venom.

On my list of issues momentum scripting is problem no 2 in this game. And there is a lot of it. The proportion of what I call "momentum goals" is considerable.

My guess is that momentum scripting is there because the AI is not good enough on its own to create enough drama. But that's just a guess.

However, on my list problem no 1 is the porous defense. For example, there is always, always a free attacker in front of the back four. If you want to cheat against the CPU, you can always pass to this player, and you get a shooting opportunity most of the time.

Still I keep playing, practically every day...

Edit. Just played two absolutely brilliant matches again and will stop whining. Like someone said: most of the time this game clicks; but sometimes it doesn't. Still, the return on investment has been pretty good.

Last edited:
I have problems first time striking a rebound ball eg off a gk or any other outfield player on opposing side into the goal. in anticipation of a rebound ball I always have my shoot meter filled up before the ball ends up my player's feet but i always end up with chesting the ball first or one or two touches with feet before attempt to shoot. any advice appreciated.

I have problems first time striking a rebound ball eg off a gk or any other outfield player on opposing side into the goal. in anticipation of a rebound ball I always have my shoot meter filled up before the ball ends up my player's feet but i always end up with chesting the ball first or one or two touches with feet before attempt to shoot. any advice appreciated.

Not your fault. It's the game. Many times it happened that the player tries to trap the ball after a rebound instead of a quick shoot, wasting precious time.

That might help but I've started with a default premier team so shouldn't really have reaction problems. Anyway the issues are deeper than that, there are definitely pre determined decisions made by the AI..I have seen it on throw ins where you position a man perfect to intercept the ball and it just goes passed them and they freeze up to allow AI possession..same as the 50 50 challenges ..some seem to be decided regardless on your players ability and your controller ability ..it is just move obvious in ML

Was doing some (real) sports and watching the pesleague uk finals on twitch.

It's one through ball attempt after another, presumably because of the huge gaps between defenders. In 2016 make the FBs narrow it down and the DMFs drop down to close the gaps and we're going to see something else.

Gaps on User D can be fixed by using the man mark feature.

I watched their tactical setting and they man-marked, but it didn't change the end result. Unfortunately those through ball attempts weren't just attempts: that's how they score in these matches.

Besides, you shouldn't need to man-mark, otherwise a smart player can draw your defenders out of position, by for example doing a teammate run.

I watched their tactical setting and they man-marked, but it didn't change the end result. Unfortunately those through ball attempts weren't just attempts: that's how they score in these matches.

Besides, you shouldn't need to man-mark, otherwise a smart player can draw your defenders out of position, by for example doing a teammate run.
Whatever bro, man marking fixed the D gap issues for me, if you think you "shouldn't have to..." then continue with whatever you're doing. Me, I do whatever needs to be done to fix a game's shortcomings, man marking is easy to set up pre-game and it's a fantastic tactical feature/option. And it works as stated. And you're welcome.

Last edited:
Whatever bro, man marking fixed the D gap issues for me, if you think you "shouldn't have to..." then continue with whatever you're doing. Me, I do whatever needs to be done to fix a game's shortcomings, man marking is easy to set up pre-game and it's a fantastic tactical feature/option. And it works as stated. And you're welcome.

No no, don't get me wrong: I am talking about what happened in PES league finals, not in my matches. They tried man-marking, didn't help.

Cheers!

No no, don't get me wrong: I am talking about what happened in PES league finals, not in my matches. They tried man-marking, didn't help.

Cheers!

Why didn't they set their formations up with a DM sitting deep in all 3 setups and positioning him almost as a Libero? Along with the man marking?

Why didn't they set their formations up with a DM sitting deep in all 3 setups and positioning him almost as a Libero? Along with the man marking?

So now we arrive at another question: can we assume that the finalists know how to play this game?

I was sort of assuming they know, that knowledgeable online players would be the ones left at the end, but that might be an incorrect assumption. (Didn't watch all matches, but a sample of quarters and semis.)

Nearly at the end of my first La Liga Master league season and bar the Europa games not one has been played at night.

My defences reactions are woeful and I cant stop conceding goals.

I'm struggling to keep a clean sheet too and don't feel comfortable when Im defending
my last results with Barcelona (1st season)

[L] vs Rayo 0-2 (H)
[L] vs R. Madrid 2-5 (H) cup semi final
[W] vs Levante 3-2 (H)
[D] vs R. Madrid 3-3 (A) cup semi final
[D] vs Getafe 2-2 (A)
[L] vs Arsenal (1-0) (A) CL-Quarter Finals
[W] vs At. Madrid 4-1 (H)
[w] vs Arsenal (3-2) (H) CL-Quarter Finals

My defences reactions are woeful and I cant stop conceding goals.
Use the man marking feature, assign your RB LB to mark the CPU FWs and your DMFs to mark the CPUs AMFs. This will pull your D in tighter and get more bodies in front of your GK to help block passing lanes and shots.

Use the man marking feature, assign your RB LB to mark the CPU FWs and your DMFs to mark the CPUs AMFs. This will pull your D in tighter and get more bodies in front of your GK to help block passing lanes and shots.

This might help, but it is true that defending is hard in PES 2015.
Especially the block-tackle is difficult.
The training mode tells me to press-release-press again to tackle and in training that works well. In play, however, it is another story.
Attackers come toward you with more pace and changing movement, making it hard to use block-tackle. Mistiming the block-tackle is at the order of the day.
Tips? :CONF:

This might help, but it is true that defending is hard in PES 2015.
Especially the block-tackle is difficult.
Right, and FIFA has similar issues. Can't fix either game's broken programming, so the trick is to utilize any gameplay settings/tactics that can help improve the D. In both games, a fix that definitely works is to flood your box with bodies to help defend. No, it doesn't make tackling less difficult. But it makes it much harder for the CPU to get players in shooting position and to get clear shots off.

Right, and FIFA has similar issues. Can't fix either game's broken programming, so the trick is to utilize any gameplay settings/tactics that can help improve the D. In both games, a fix that definitely works is to flood your box with bodies to help defend. No, it doesn't make tackling less difficult. But it makes it much harder for the CPU to get players in shooting position and to get clear shots off.

It's much easier defending against a human player who doesn't
1. Have auto-feint on.
2. Doesn't use PA as the ball homes in on the player receiving it and thus skipping physicality.

I'm struggling to keep a clean sheet too and don't feel comfortable when Im defending

Here are some of my favourite reasons for why it's difficult to keep a clean sheet.

1. Momentum goals. In a match today I had my defender containing a CPU attacker, jockeying between the attacker and the goal outside the box. The attacker decides to shoot, and my defender happily allows him to do so by spreading his legs so that the shot passes between his legs and into the goal. Your response to such a situation will depend on your personality, mood and whether or not you made any New Year's resolutions.

The momentum goal comes in many forms such as nutmegs, reaction times, and heading capabilities.

2. Cursor switching, particularly inside the box where it's crowded. Need I say more?

3. Combination of OP passing and shooting. Classic example: I clear the ball, CPU one-times it to an attacker, who one-times it in.

4. ADD defenders. A defender I am not controlling decides to break out of the line to chase the ball, thus opening space for a run and the through ball.

5. Superstar 95% pass rate and long range skills. The CPU ping pong machine makes my head spin until they find an attacker within 25 meters of the goal. How could he possibly miss from there?

6. Context-independent shooting accuracy. I have three defenders pressuring an attacker outside the box. The attacker decides to get rid of them all at once by simply scoring with a gorgeous long-distance shot.

Contrary to what this sounds like, I am still enjoy the challenge of defending, and fortunately I am also making progress. If this were easy, why would I play?

(With my current 2.5 star team I always start with a defensive 4-2-3-1 formation against the CPU. With this formation, long-range through balls are not really an issue.)

Back
Top Bottom