PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Hey guys, does anyone on ps4 fancy a game? My add is tweedyrook328

Not played much online so would be cool to play some of the regulars on here as opposed to playing the usual spammers and cheats online

After complaining here about the insanity of the home team advantage of superstar in (some) away matches in full manual play, I finally found a solution that works for me. I am sharing it here in case it might benefit someone else as well. Background: full manual play, Argentinian league, a 1.5 star team with an overall rating that places it slightly below mid-table.

The consequences are interesting, but the solution itself is simple: I now play home matches against superstar and away matches against top player. Here are the results of my last 11 matches in the league:

home (against superstar): 1-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-2, 2-1, 4-5, 1-1
away (against top player): 1-1, 3-1, 0-1, 1-2

As the results suggest, I am having great, tight matches, both home and away. Easily the best series of consecutive league matches ever since Fifa 14 came out.

Why would this system work? Because in league play the home team momentum is so strong that it twists difficulty levels. It makes my home matches against superstar easier, and my away matches against top player a good deal harder. I think that the home team advantage can be at least as strong as the superstar stat boost.

Don't get me wrong: this system does not get rid of that weird momentum sh*t. You are still going to see your players or CPU players freeze at critical moments to give the other side a significant advantage. What the system has removed, from my gaming experience at least, is those awkward situations where a team with a lower rating than mine has 30 shots on my goal in their home game. Such events no longer happen because the holy pairing of home team momentum and superstar advantage is broken.

I think there is something here that is specific to full manual play. I have seen TTB play assisted against superstar both away and home, and the difference is not that dramatic. I think in manual play the combination of superstar stat boost and home team advantage plays a bigger role, for example because the added momentum makes it way too easy for the CPU to intercept manual passes, which tend to be more often off the target than assisted passes. Also, I think that early match events affect momentum, and in manual play it is more difficult to create shooting chances against superstar, particularly away: the lack of shots may lead to a momentum death spiral.

In any case, this system works for me, and I'm happy. Off to play again; first the rest of the Argentinian league, then the Spanish and the Brazilian leagues, and finally multiple master leagues until PES 2016 is out.

After complaining here about the insanity of the home team advantage of superstar in (some) away matches in full manual play, I finally found a solution that works for me. I am sharing it here in case it might benefit someone else as well. Background: full manual play, Argentinian league, a 1.5 star team with an overall rating that places it slightly below mid-table.

The consequences are interesting, but the solution itself is simple: I now play home matches against superstar and away matches against top player. Here are the results of my last 11 matches in the league:

home (against superstar): 1-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-2, 2-1, 4-5, 1-1
away (against top player): 1-1, 3-1, 0-1, 1-2

As the results suggest, I am having great, tight matches, both home and away. Easily the best series of consecutive league matches ever since Fifa 14 came out.

Why would this system work? Because in league play the home team momentum is so strong that it twists difficulty levels. It makes my home matches against superstar easier, and my away matches against top player a good deal harder. I think that the home team advantage can be at least as strong as the superstar stat boost.

Don't get me wrong: this system does not get rid of that weird momentum sh*t. You are still going to see your players or CPU players freeze at critical moments to give the other side a significant advantage. What the system has removed, from my gaming experience at least, is those awkward situations where a team with a lower rating than mine has 30 shots on my goal in their home game. Such events no longer happen because the holy pairing of home team momentum and superstar advantage is broken.

I think there is something here that is specific to full manual play. I have seen TTB play assisted against superstar both away and home, and the difference is not that dramatic. I think in manual play the combination of superstar stat boost and home team advantage plays a bigger role, for example because the added momentum makes it way too easy for the CPU to intercept manual passes, which tend to be more often off the target than assisted passes. Also, I think that early match events affect momentum, and in manual play it is more difficult to create shooting chances against superstar, particularly away: the lack of shots may lead to a momentum death spiral.

In any case, this system works for me, and I'm happy. Off to play again; first the rest of the Argentinian league, then the Spanish and the Brazilian leagues, and finally multiple master leagues until PES 2016 is out.

Thanks for sharing this insight.

Any news on next year's game yet?? Can't stand this one anymore !

I find this an unfair qualification for the best PES ever.
I am still enjoying the game and learning new things. I guess some people don't use the tactical features, with which you can completely adapt the playing style towards your own style or limitations. For instance, I am not a great dribbler, so it has no use for me to attack wide and try to dribble with my winger past his man and cross the ball. I rather shape my formation in such a way that the players are in passing distance. That is the game I play best. Sometimes you cannot go past the defenders when the opponent are compact, but then I let my team sit deep and try it with a counter.
So I can kill two birds with one stone, using my style of play.
In other words: Try to find the formation that suit your playing style best and then you have great fun!

And is still selling since the last price drop. I noticed on our South African forum that a significant number of FIFA fans have decided to try out PES and this can only be a good thing.

the reason could be that EA screwed something up with Ultimate Team and out of nowhere all the top FIFA youtubers started promoting MyClub since last week because of this. What KSI and his friends play, could influence a lot of people. Not to give up FIFA but at least to buy PES too and spend some money on MC to get better players easily than in UT.

Last edited:
Yes, that's what I am thinking so often. :D
It's just a fact: What Pes was better? Some people overhere are never content.

PES 6 apparently.

I think PES 5 was the 'greatest' but when i say this it was the greatest 'at the time' Now it's heavily dated on rails 'retro' football.

PES 2015 despite being basic is a better and much more advanced game.

And before some cheeky person comes in, no not all of us play on 3 bar pass support or play quick matches, some of use use 1 bar or full manual for a more methodical approach to the game where we can enjoy passing into space with freedom.

PES 6 apparently.

I think PES 5 was the 'greatest' but when i say this it was the greatest 'at the time' Now it's heavily dated on rails 'retro' football.

And before some cheeky person comes in, no not all of us play on 3 bar pass support or play quick matches, some of use use 1 bar or full manual for a more methodical approach to the game where we can enjoy passing into space with freedom.

I agree, with emphasize on 'at the time' PES 5 and 6 are better, but current time I choose for PES 2015 too. That's why I can't understand people are still not content with PES 2015.

I agree, with emphasize on 'at the time' PES 5 and 6 are better, but current time I choose for PES 2015 too. That's why I can't understand people are still not content with PES 2015.

I think many who really don't like PES 2015 or any of the modern games look too much at what 'should' be there and not just enjoy 'what we have'.

PES 2015 could be better, thats obvious but by always looking at the glass half empty your missing at the great advancements to be enjoyed which are there. This has been the issues with PES since PES6, the games as packages have been disappointing but people have been throwing the baby outwith the bath water with their criticism so much they have missed many of the great advancements made despite the games not being as good as they where at the time of the PS2 games.

PES 2011 is the best example, a flawed game but when played thoroughly there's elements like the manual passing, dribbling which just bring games to a new level not available at all in the PS2 versions.

This is an issue with people being so dissatisfied for so long i don't think they even know deep down what they want anymore.

I still think PES 2013 is a much better deeper game than 2015 but i still enjoy both.

PES 6 apparently.

in the last months i installed PES6, installed some patches, sweetfx, registred on a fan server, havent had much fun playing football game since 2007. no bullshits, just pure football, altough graphics are outdated now and yes it has rails and only a few dribbling moves in it(equals less inertia) but yet its the most balanced football game, with the best graphics.

Also PES 5 and ISS Pro Evo 2. But 6 has better graphics and has up to date patches.

its really sad that im playing with a 8yrs old game to be honest :D BUT not just me, all my friends love it

OFF over

Right we get the message.

Now can PES5,6 & 13 fans post in the proper thread for that platform and stop spamming this one telling us they like something else.

:BLEH:

PES 6 apparently.

Can't agree more. PES 2015 is better in all areas. No cutbacks, no extreme rail passes (manual), physicality, which wasn't at all present in PES on PS2, graphics, licenses, is there a need to mention anything else. The only thing better with the PS2 era games are the memories, and they're just distorted memories. Skill in the PS2 games was to be able to be best at repetitive gameplay and be better at it than your opponent, and it is still like that in the game today, and suprisingly even in Konamis offical tournaments.

Thank god we have manual options for simulation.

Beglin will still be a commentator in Pes 2016 :YAWN:

Looking forward to the @officialpes recordings @AquariumStudios this week #PES2016

he wrote this on his twitter account

Can't agree more. PES 2015 is better in all areas. No cutbacks, no extreme rail passes (manual), physicality, which wasn't at all present in PES on PS2, graphics, licenses, is there a need to mention anything else. The only thing better with the PS2 era games are the memories, and they're just distorted memories. Skill in the PS2 games was to be able to be best at repetitive gameplay and be better at it than your opponent, and it is still like that in the game today, and suprisingly even in Konamis offical tournaments.

Thank god we have manual options for simulation.

I agree with that to an extent but for me the PS2 games still "feel" better to play. I think shooting and scoring a goal in those games is more varied and rewarding too. PES 2015 is the best PES game in 8 years but it's missing that little bit of magic on the pitch.

I agree with that to an extent but for me the PS2 games still "feel" better to play. I think shooting and scoring a goal in those games is more varied and rewarding too. PES 2015 is the best PES game in 8 years but it's missing something on the pitch.

Midfield struggle is not so good on Pes 2015 as it was on Pes 5. You now just defend or attack, midfield is not key as it should be

Beglin will still be a commentator in Pes 2016 :YAWN:

he wrote this on his twitter account
Well hopefully they'll have learnt from FIFA and it'll be a bit more varied.

I don't have a problem with the voices of either commentator, it's only the sound design that lets them down. They don't commentate in real life and say "LIVERPOOL... Versus. MANCHESTER... What do you think Jim? [Silence]".

Last edited:
Champion and Beglin are not to blame, they need good scripts.
For me the NBA2K games are the ones with the best commentary, but even they get repetitive after a while.

Back
Top Bottom