PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Possibly the saddest question I've had to ask, but I got my ps4 yesterday and its keeps making me play the intro game over and over again, and I can't seem to work out why or anywhere that tells me how to fix it, any help would be incredibly appreciated.
You need to wait for your console to download and install the full game, in the mean time only the UEFA Super Cup match is available.

Great news. Well done.

Thank you mate! :)

Congrats Sim, but what kind of data ?

Skill moves, player likeness, height, weight, age, name, running style, shooting style, free kick style, formations, etc etc

Awesome, we now have someone to blame for every problem in PES! haha, j/k. Happy for you! I'm sure the game will be better with all these people helping out now. Maybe replicating the Football Manager Scouting approach with getting more local people to scout local games/teams to get as accurate a data as possible.

thanks dude :D

I want 5% commission please :D

That's awesome mate congrats.

cheers mate :)

wow congratulation , i hope u do well and all the best, i pray that you are also the data editor of pc too and please tell them what we want in ml and graphics etc. all the best

thanks, I am working on all platforms

All the best for this, that´s really great!

Are you aware about your field of activity already?

Please kick some ass there :)

danke schon :D yep, am already aware of where my focus is and what I need to do, will definitely kick some arse :D

Well done SimCut, i'll be the first to ago at you. Bloody simcut this game is rubbish!:P

haha, no you wont :P

@simcut somehow did u add the pesedit patch as reference to your application sheet?

yep, and included spreadsheets that I used to do to work on the patch to give evidence of my attention to detail etc.

Congratulations!

Is it just data around players and teams or coding?

I hope you're prepared for relentless questions and possible abuse on here if someone's shoes are the wrong colour

yep, data around players and teams, not coding at all. I wont tolerate anyone giving me abuse :p

Boy, have I learned to actively hate the way momentum is implemented in this game.

I am playing the Argentine league atm. Full manual, ss, etc. Good news: few teams attack wide, so I haven't seen the good old cut in in a few matches.

Bad news: momentum is just as obvious. Today played the same away match around 20 times and could not win. Here's how it goes. The probability of the home team scoring with its first shot is maybe 2/3. They keep having the momentum until they score. Their players react faster, jump higher, are stronger. If I score first, it only gets worse. The home team had 19 shots on my goal in the first half in one match where I scored first.

When they go up, my team gets the momentum. Suddenly my (manual) passes start hitting the spot. My players react faster. I can actually change my style of play completely once the CPU is up, because I no longer need to fear interceptions. Then, if I tie the match, the momentum switches back to them again.

Like someone here said: maybe they've introduced this system as a way of creating "stories." But is this lame or what!

Why would you want to play the same game 20 times ? I think if you go looking for a problem you will probably find one..in any game

Boy, have I learned to actively hate the way momentum is implemented in this game.

I am playing the Argentine league atm. Full manual, ss, etc. Good news: few teams attack wide, so I haven't seen the good old cut in in a few matches.

Bad news: momentum is just as obvious. Today played the same away match around 20 times and could not win. Here's how it goes. The probability of the home team scoring with its first shot is maybe 2/3. They keep having the momentum until they score. Their players react faster, jump higher, are stronger. If I score first, it only gets worse. The home team had 19 shots on my goal in the first half in one match where I scored first.

When they go up, my team gets the momentum. Suddenly my (manual) passes start hitting the spot. My players react faster. I can actually change my style of play completely once the CPU is up, because I no longer need to fear interceptions. Then, if I tie the match, the momentum switches back to them again.

Like someone here said: maybe they've introduced this system as a way of creating "stories." But is this lame or what!

That is strange because I tried the same experiment before playing the same game more than once, not 20 times though :). Every time I get a different result..win
, draw or lose

Why would you want to play the same game 20 times?

To figure out reoccurring patterns / problems / solutions.

I think if you go looking for a problem you will probably find one..in any game

True. And Fifa - world class and beyond - has some similar properties.

That is strange because I tried the same experiment before playing the same game more than once, not 20 times though . Every time I get a different result..win, draw or lose
Well, for me it's only some away league matches. But heck, maybe it's just me then, in need of more practice...

Last edited:

All of this is true.
I've experienced this A LOT. More so on PS4 than on PC. Actually, on second thought, A LOT MORE on the PS4 version.

But this isn't new at all. Konami has used this kind of scripted gameplay (which they consider to be more fun) in many other PES versions. Even in PES golden times.

Unfortunately, we used to have guys like Jenkey who could fix this for the PC version at least, and even deliver a whole new experience with his Gameplay Tool, but not anymore. So it's up to Konami to sort this out. And yeah... you know how that usually goes.......

Surely every game has a recurring pattern at some point..in FPS play the same scene over and over and the AI will use the same positions.. Learn those positions and you could repeatedly kill the enemy , probably in the same sequence. Unless the goals are identical that you are seeing I respectedly just don't see the point..the only way to eliminate all patterns is to play 2 player

Surely every game has a recurring pattern at some point..in FPS play the same scene over and over and the AI will use the same positions.. Learn those positions and you could repeatedly kill the enemy , probably in the same sequence. Unless the goals are identical that you are seeing I respectedly just don't see the point..the only way to eliminate all patterns is to play 2 player
That's the point, scripting also occurs in multiplayer matches.

That's the point, scripting also occurs in multiplayer matches.
It's not SCRIPTING. There is no code that "scripts" whether a team is guaranteed to score or not. What it is, is MOMENTUM. Momentum boosts are given to teams in PES, FIFA, and every other sports game for the past decade or so. And you can blame gamers themselves for that. Every year, gamers demand more and more realism from these games, and so now we have to deal with this inane "momentum" and "confidence" and "home team advantage" coding in sports games.

I only play PES exhibition games because you can turn the momentum OFF. That's my solution.

Last edited:
It's not SCRIPTING. There is no code that "scripts" whether a team is guaranteed to score or not. What it is, is MOMENTUM. Momentum boosts are given to teams in PES, FIFA, and every other sports game for the past decade or so. And you can blame gamers themselves for that. Every year, gamers demand more and more realism from these games, and so now we have to deal with this inane "momentum" and "confidence" and "home team advantage" coding in sports games.

I only play PES exhibition games because you can turn the momentum OFF. That's my solution.
Well, scripting doesn't guarantee goals, but individual actions are definitely scripted. All these unsuccessful tackles where the ball is magically rebounded to the opponent? It's the same script playing over and over again. The game is able to massively alter the a priori chances regarding the outcome of basically every interaction between two players. The only way you can avoid this scripting when the tides turn against you is by avoiding interaction with opponent players whenever possible.

I'm not sure if it's possible to turn the momentum off in exhibition games. I don't think it's related to player form arrows, and the emotion feature basically only adapts the player's form to his performance.

and thats why some of the sports games are unplayable nowdays ESPECIALLY in playerVplayer modes, hell im suck at playing and i play with shitty team but if i pull off 1-4 good moves my team gets boosted and i beat Real Madrid 4-0....altough i havent felt this in 2015 with emotion turned "off", only in the last 7 games. no thats not true Yair, Nesa or Jenkey managed to make it able to turn this off in 2012 or in 2013 for PC

Last edited:
how do you shoulder barge before it used to be right analog stick but now everyttime that jostling animation starts i lose the ball

Well, scripting doesn't guarantee goals, but individual actions are definitely scripted. All these unsuccessful tackles where the ball is magically rebounded to the opponent? It's the same script playing over and over again.
Yes correct, the momentum coding gives players/teams a ratings boost at certain points/situations in the game. I was just pointing out that it doesn't guarantee that boosted teams are guaranteed to score or that match outcomes are pre-determined.

I'm not sure if it's possible to turn the momentum off in exhibition games. I don't think it's related to player form arrows, and the emotion feature basically only adapts the player's form to his performance.
I play exhibition matches only with the emotion feature shut off. I have never experienced momentum cheats in PES 2015 playing this way. All games are balanced and fair, absolutely the best way to play and enjoy this game, by far.

Whilst I wouldn't play the same game that number of times, I have played the same master league game 4 or 5 times and seen it always follow a pattern. Often see games where the first half is very hard, then the second half is easy

Also played games where my team feel clunky for no reason and cannot pass, even when I have a far better team and a lot of players on red arrows.

My master league seasons also seem to follow a pattern where the first half of the season is harder and starts particularly difficult.

PlayStation 4 v2.50 update

Features coming to PS4 with “Yukimura” include:

- Back-up and restore HDD to USB: Back-up and restore your hard disc drive data associated with users on your PS4, including settings, saved data, screenshots and video clips as well as games, patches and download data, to and from an external USB drive.

option file?!?!?! :SHOCK:

now we have new update on ps4 it seems we can transfer data via usb sticks again so we will soon get patches online for ps4?

Back
Top Bottom