PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, now for PES 2014 the stats have been revamped a little, i propose we as a community have some discussions of how to rate players from PES 2014 onwards, at PSD, we all appreciate the hard work there and it's important we remain aware of how the stats affect the game.

One thing we need to look at is how and what happens with each attribute, I posted about this yesterday there but it got deleted for some reason. this is one example of something we need to define when it comes to stats.

Since PES 2010 and 2011 especially there seem to be clear milestones which allow and prevent players from performing certain actions. Here I have done one with Technique.

Technique

Technique represents a number of different factors in PES, its changed over the years and has become more important than before. This first demonstrates the players ability to control a pass with his first touch, how balanced the player is when using the ball and his execution of shooting, passing and how much he can control the ball in the air with his feet.

These values don't demonstrate who is a better player on the whole, it demonstrates their general control of the ball. For Example Crisitano Ronaldo is a better player than Santi Carzola, but Santi has far better technique.

You could even say Romelu Lukaku is a better player than Crisitan Eriksen, but Lukaku's technique is average at best where as Eriksens is very good despite flattering to deceive when it counts.

95-99 Master Technician
Definition: These players have truly mastered the art of controlling the ball, no matter the type of pass or the difficult of it, they can control the ball in as many ways possible. This isn’t too far away from 90-94 with the difference being the consistently of the ball control will be flawless regardless of form and the ability to control almost impossible passes.
Player Examples: Lionel Messi (97), Diego Maradona (99), Zinedine Zidane (98), Dennis Bergkamp (99)

90-94 World Class Technique
Definition: would represent a player of someone who could move with the ball with almost total control at any angle. Like said with 95-99, the main difference would be how form could decrease their technique to a ‘great’ level and could reduce the tightness of their standing turns and ball control ability.
Player Examples: Cesc Fabregas (92), Xavi (91) , Andres Iniesta (94), Andrea Pirlo (93) , Santi Carzola (90),

85-89 Great Technique
Definition: These players have an exceptional level of technique, similar to 80-84, but more consistent regardless of form, they will be comfortable on the ball at all times, only lacking the ability to takedown extremely difficult passes and execute very tight standing turns unless on Red form with say 87-89
Player Examples: Crisitano Ronaldo (85) Robhino (87), * These two where in the 90’s in their younger days*, Ever Banega (86), Jesus Navas (85), Eden Hazard (88), Cristian Eriksen (88)

80-84 Good Technique
Definition: This is the most key milestone. These players a high level of technique, this shows that player is ‘Comfortable’ on the ball while stationary, slow dribbling and can perform volleys consistently for shots and passes. This defines typical Continental player from technique renown countries such as Holland, Portugal, Spain, Argentina, Brazil. Having average tenacity and poor form however could affect how comfortable they are on the ball.
Player Examples: Tiago (82), Koke (83), Gabi (80), Ander Herrera (83), Jefferson Farfan (83), Moussa Dembele (83), Mikel Arteta (84)

75-79 Solid Technique
Definition: These players show good awareness of technique. This enables players to be solid in their first touch rather than spectacular first and foremost. These players won’t misconstrue the ball to much unless on poor form at 75-77 This perfectly represents many of the better English players in the Premier League. On good form at 78-79 these players could even be mistaken to have a high level of technique.
Player Examples: Gareth Barry (75), Jermaine Defoe (78), James Milner (76), Tom Cleverly (78)

70-74 Average Technique, Upper Echelon.
Definition: These players technique is average and the standard you would expect from a professional football at the top level. These players can perform constant good first touches and good ball retention on good form but on average these players won’t be able to control difficult balls or keep the ball consistently under their control.
Player examples: Theo Walcott (73), Gabriel Agbonglahor (71) , Andy Carroll (70),

65-69 Average technique, Lower Echelon.
Definition: These players just like with 70-74 have average technique with little potential regardless of form to control difficult passes or ensure they have comfortable ball retention.
Player Examples: Micah Richards (67), Victor Anichabe (66), Romelu Lukaku (68), Jay Spearing (69)

64-50 Poor Technique
Definition: Player who struggles to control anything other than simple passes.
Player Examples: Robbie Savage (65), Paul Robinson (63) , Andy Wilkinson (60)

Extreme Lows (-50): Goalkeepers, 'Part Time' players
Definition: These are perfect to show how little ability a Goalkeeper has in playing in a outfield position.
Player Examples: David James (30), Peter Schmichel (40) Average Goalkeeper(50)

I don't expect everyone to 100% agree with the stats here, thats not the most important thing, the most important thin is for us to all understand fully what each stats means and what it allows the player to do. Each stat is very different in regards to what it allows and where the key benchmarks are. With technique it is 80, this was started in PES 2010 with the infamous (Grandad Turn) for anyone lower than 80, now it's changed and been implemented better, regardless of how fast the player is, his turn on the ball will be compromised if he dosen't have 80 technique.

I'm sure PES 2014 will have this and if there are changes that is good and we will need to investigate. I will do more of these and I welcome discussion and input to this. I have to put it here because i might get deleted at PSD, why, I don't know.

Last edited:
Hi, now for PES 2014 the stats have been revamped a little, i propose we as a community have some discussions of how to rate players from PES 2014 onwards
Personally I'd prefer to see ratings more along the lines of: Excellent 85-99, Very Good 75-88, etc. with Very Poor in the 1-15 range. The problem with all sports games is that too many players are rated too high in most catagories so there's little difference between them.

This is what I do with FIFA: re-rate players on a scale of 1-99, with most ratings under 50.

Last edited:
I h8 this trailer... the graphic is .. bad, the framerate is awful, animations are bad and what a goal... what is doing the Goalkeeper ... The commentary is .. ok ... and the fans are good but.. overall i hate this trailer.
No preorder :D !

Last edited:
Hi, now for PES 2014 the stats have been revamped a little, i propose we as a community have some discussions of how to rate players from PES 2014 onwards, at PSD, we all appreciate the hard work there and it's important we remain aware of how the stats affect the game.

One thing we need to look at is how and what happens with each attribute, I posted about this yesterday there but it got deleted for some reason. this is one example of something we need to define when it comes to stats.

Since PES 2010 and 2011 especially there seem to be clear milestones which allow and prevent players from performing certain actions. Here I have done one with Technique.

Technique

Technique represents a number of different factors in PES, its changed over the years and has become more important than before. This first demonstrates the players ability to control a pass with his first touch, how balanced the player is when using the ball and his execution of shooting, passing and how much he can control the ball in the air with his feet.

These values don't demonstrate who is a better player on the whole, it demonstrates their general control of the ball. For Example Crisitano Ronaldo is a better player than Santi Carzola, but Santi has far better technique.

You could even say Romelu Lukaku is a better player than Crisitan Eriksen, but Lukaku's technique is average at best where as Eriksens is very good despite flattering to deceive when it counts.

95-99 Master Technician
Definition: These players have truly mastered the art of controlling the ball, no matter the type of pass or the difficult of it, they can control the ball in as many ways possible. This isn’t too far away from 90-94 with the difference being the consistently of the ball control will be flawless regardless of form and the ability to control almost impossible passes.
Player Examples: Lionel Messi (97), Diego Maradona (99), Zinedine Zidane (98), Dennis Bergkamp (99)

Definition: would represent a player of someone who could move with the ball with almost total control at any angle. Like said with 95-99, the main difference would be how form could decrease their technique to a ‘great’ level and could reduce the tightness of their standing turns and ball control ability.
Player Examples: Cesc Fabregas (92), Xavi (91) , Andres Iniesta (94), Andrea Pirlo (93) , Santi Carzola (90),

85-89 Great Technique
Definition: These players have an exceptional level of technique, similar to 80-84, but more consistent regardless of form, they will be comfortable on the ball at all times, only lacking the ability to takedown extremely difficult passes and execute very tight standing turns unless on Red form with say 87-89
Player Examples: Crisitano Ronaldo (85) Robhino (87), * These two where in the 90’s in their younger days*, Ever Banega (86), Jesus Navas (85), Eden Hazard (88), Cristian Eriksen (88)

80-84 Good Technique
Definition: This is the most key milestone. These players a high level of technique, this shows that player is ‘Comfortable’ on the ball while stationary, slow dribbling and can perform volleys consistently for shots and passes. This defines typical Continental player from technique renown countries such as Holland, Portugal, Spain, Argentina, Brazil. Having average tenacity and poor form however could affect how comfortable they are on the ball.
Player Examples: Tiago (82), Koke (83), Gabi (80), Ander Herrera (83), Jefferson Farfan (83), Moussa Dembele (83), Mikel Arteta (84)

75-79 Solid Technique
Definition: These players show good awareness of technique. This enables players to be solid in their first touch rather than spectacular first and foremost. These players won’t misconstrue the ball to much unless on poor form at 75-77 This perfectly represents many of the better English players in the Premier League. On good form at 78-79 these players could even be mistaken to have a high level of technique.
Player Examples: Gareth Barry (75), Jermaine Defoe (78), James Milner (76), Tom Cleverly (78)

70-74 Average Technique, Upper Echelon.
Definition: These players technique is average and the standard you would expect from a professional football at the top level. These players can perform constant good first touches and good ball retention on good form but on average these players won’t be able to control difficult balls or keep the ball consistently under their control.
Player examples: Theo Walcott (73), Gabriel Agbonglahor (71) , Andy Carroll (70),

65-69 Average technique, Lower Echelon.
Definition: These players just like with 70-74 have average technique with little potential regardless of form to control difficult passes or ensure they have comfortable ball retention.
Player Examples: Micah Richards (67), Victor Anichabe (66), Romelu Lukaku (68), Jay Spearing (69)

64-50 Poor Technique
Definition: Player who struggles to control anything other than simple passes.
Player Examples: Robbie Savage (65), Paul Robinson (63) , Andy Wilkinson (60)

Extreme Lows (-50): Goalkeepers, 'Part Time' players
Definition: These are perfect to show how little ability a Goalkeeper has in playing in a outfield position.
Player Examples: David James (30), Peter Schmichel (40) Average Goalkeeper(50)

I don't expect everyone to 100% agree with the stats here, thats not the most important thing, the most important thin is for us to all understand fully what each stats means and what it allows the player to do. Each stat is very different in regards to what it allows and where the key benchmarks are. With technique it is 80, this was started in PES 2010 with the infamous (Grandad Turn) for anyone lower than 80, now it's changed and been implemented better, regardless of how fast the player is, his turn on the ball will be compromised if he dosen't have 80 technique.

I'm sure PES 2014 will have this and if there are changes that is good and we will need to investigate. I will do more of these and I welcome discussion and input to this. I have to put it here because i might get deleted at PSD, why, I don't know.

Hey klashman, it would be great if you started a new thread about that with more atributes so it don´t get lost in this thread.

I h8 this trailer... the graphic is .. bad, the framerate is awful, animations are bad and what a goal... what is doing the Goalkeeper ... The commentary is .. ok ... and the fans are good but.. overall i hate this trailer.

Arab trailer, looks incredibly ugly
Best Videos gamescom..real gameplay

Personally I'd prefer to see ratings more along the lines of: Excellent 85-99, Very Good 75-88, etc. with Very Poor in the 1-15 range. The problem with all sports games is that too many players are rated too high in most catagories so there's little difference between them.

This is what I do with FIFA: re-rate players on a scale of 1-99, with most ratings under 50.

Completely agree with you.
That bothers me a lot in PES. How come people only use the 60-99 range if the game allows 1-99? We could have a way better game with a lot more difference between players if the stats were used properly.

Take Brede Hangeland for example. He is a very competent defender, but very slow in terms of pace. How come he is in the 70's???? That guy should run around 40-45. And I just can't understand why it's not done that way. And the same goes for technical attributes. A hard defender like him should have dribbling around 35-45, not 70-75... Just doesn't make sense to me..

Completely agree with you.
That bothers me a lot in PES. How come people only use the 60-99 range if the game allows 1-99? We could have a way better game with a lot more difference between players if the stats were used properly.

Take Brede Hangeland for example. He is a very competent defender, but very slow in terms of pace. How come he is in the 70's???? That guy should run around 40-45. And I just can't understand why it's not done that way. And the same goes for technical attributes. A hard defender like him should have dribbling around 35-45, not 70-75... Just doesn't make sense to me..

Caraca, tá vivo cara? hehehehehehe

Faz tempo hein! Desde as edições do PSX na antiga W11... velhos tempos!

BSm0ZHACQAAENhA.jpg:large

BSm0tsyCIAA5Ede.jpg:large

BSmmdViCMAAUxzj.jpg:large

BSmb2sSIIAAHFqG.jpg:large

Ahhh, milestone theory AKA rollingstone theory…

formnh7.jpg

Iniesta (94) on red arrow + hearth effect = 102+? for technique!?! I don’t want to try to calculate this for Messi ! This is the main reason why people think AI cheats.

If you decrease stats for Iniesta:
Iniesta (90 for example) on blue arrow - hearth effect - injury = increased sales for gamepads.

But, I’m sure this will not stop you, and I'm sure you have excellent counter argument…
I’m just too negative about it, am I?

Playing against people so far. Game's very good apart from a few niggles. Very different from 2013. Beautiful. PC guys are in for a crazy treat. Playing on +2 speed is perfect for me as 0 is a little sluggish. Overall: great f'n game long long overdue. My god animations are fluid almost lifelike. Going to play against ai now.

And keepers are really good so far for me. Nice saves and many lifelike animations as well.

Playing against people so far. Game's very good apart from a few niggles. Very different from 2013. Beautiful. PC guys are in for a crazy treat. Playing on +2 speed is perfect for me as 0 is a little sluggish. Overall: great f'n game long long overdue. My god animations are fluid almost lifelike. Going to play against ai now.

And keepers are really good so far for me. Nice saves and many lifelike animations as well.

+2? You disappoint me, Lami :PP

Ask Adam if it's the closed doors version or the Gamescom version with AFC teams.

Great to hear :BOP: if you have the chance, slip in about digital release as i'm impatiently awaiting the news:CONFUSE:

Physical side is top notch. The oomph when shooting or long pass.

Noticed quite a number of 1-1s because of teams playing a high line. No one bothered using offside trap do ill do that now. Also will try a defensive strategy.

Excuse my typing it's from my phone.

So does that mean that we will get Arabic leagues, Arabic championships and fullfledged Africa cup with qualification- group- and knockout-phases?
Would be great.

Also i'm no arcade player by any means. I used -1 and -2 before but in 2014 the game's a little sluggish and +2 feels great for me. If any of you like it really slow then enjoy 0!

Physical side is top notch. The oomph when shooting or long pass.

Noticed quite a number of 1-1s because of teams playing a high line. No one bothered using offside trap do ill do that now. Also will try a defensive strategy.

Excuse my typing it's from my phone.

pls ask about rain & weather in final game... i am nervous
:SHOCK:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom