PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technique represents a number of different factors in PES, its changed over the years and has become more important than before. This first demonstrates the players ability to control a pass with his first touch, how balanced the player is when using the ball and his execution of shooting, passing and how much he can control the ball in the air with his feet.

okay, this is only half right. technique influences how good a player's trapping of the ball on his first touch is, how good a player is at controlling the ball with his chest, how good a player is executing lobs (only part of shooting which Ball Control influences) and that's it. To compensate the shooting part, KONAMI have introduced a various array of skill cards such as jumping volley, scissor kick and most importantly One-touch play which gives an edge on performing first touch shots and volleys.

but it's not correct that it affects his general shooting, as if we go by that there would be clear inconsistencies in KONAMI's database. There are a lot of players who's technique (trapping ability) is great, but they struggle when they need to hit the ball properly (Robinho TECH 92) and those who's technique is "meh" but shooting ability tremendous, potentially world class (Quagliarella TECH 83). If TECH would influence shooting KONAMI would have a real mess on their hands.

With technique it is 80, this was started in PES 2010 with the infamous (Grandad Turn) for anyone lower than 80, now it's changed and been implemented better, regardless of how fast the player is, his turn on the ball will be compromised if he dosen't have 80 technique.

i think that you misunderstood this with DA, players with DA on a yellow number enabled the quick turn animation (90 degree turn) on PES 10 (or with the quick turn card). On older generations of PES the quick turn was enabled when a player had TECH 90+. The same is now since PES 11-13, players with DA lower than an 80 don't have the quick 180 degree turn enabled, in short, on PES 11-13 DA 80+ unlocks a special 180 degree quick turn.

Ahhh, milestone theory AKA rollingstone theory…

formnh7.jpg

Iniesta (94) on red arrow + hearth effect = 102+? for technique!?! I don’t want to try to calculate this for Messi ! This is the main reason why people think AI cheats.

If you decrease stats for Iniesta:
Iniesta (90 for example) on blue arrow - hearth effect - injury = increased sales for gamepads.

But, I’m sure this will not stop you, and I'm sure you have excellent counter argument…
I’m just too negative about it, am I?

that chart is from PES 5 and isn't really credible anymore since it's almost been a decade since then. on newer pes games (11-13) form arrows play a significantly lower role in the game. there aren't any significant stat drops or raises, a low 80's Body balance player will never be able to destroy a orange number Body balance player given any arrow form on both players. it's actually quite easy to test too, just create a "blank team" (22 default players) and give the 1st eleven BB 80 and red form arrow, and give the other 11 players all BB 90 and give them the purple arrow form and you'll see for yourself.

also, take a look at these two videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhcdYw1-82g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv8WNQFaCLI

Last edited:
it's actually quite easy to test too, just create a "blank team" (22 default players) and give the 1st eleven BB 80 and red form arrow, and give the other 11 players all BB 90 and give them the purple arrow form and you'll see for yourself.

Man, you cannot test arrow effect on abilities that way… :SHOCK:
Oh, why do I even bother? These posts will be deleted anyways…

@Lami
Please try AI on top player or superstar if possible.

Now that PES has southamerican, asian and european licenses and they're using FOX engine, I hoped they'd represent the actual difference the grass has in those varied countries. For now I can't see it. Anyway, the game looks fantastic.

Man, you cannot test arrow effect on abilities that way…

it's not testing, it's proving a point. would you please care to explain to me how would you test a random effect (form arrows) other than in practice mode where the arrows are adjustable? also, this wasn't testing, this is proving that a BB 80 player on a red form will never win a tussle against a BB 90 player (even if on a purple arrow). The main point of that was to showcase how the arrow effects on recent games have been toned down to a minimum.

Please that the news from PSBlog about demo this week is truth... :PRAY:

Hey klashman, it would be great if you started a new thread about that with more atributes so it don´t get lost in this thread.

I'll probably list them all on my forum.

Personally I'd prefer to see ratings more along the lines of: Excellent 85-99, Very Good 75-88, etc. with Very Poor in the 1-15 range. The problem with all sports games is that too many players are rated too high in most catagories so there's little difference between them.

This is what I do with FIFA: re-rate players on a scale of 1-99, with most ratings under 50.

Completely agree with you.
That bothers me a lot in PES. How come people only use the 60-99 range if the game allows 1-99? We could have a way better game with a lot more difference between players if the stats were used properly.

Take Brede Hangeland for example. He is a very competent defender, but very slow in terms of pace. How come he is in the 70's???? That guy should run around 40-45. And I just can't understand why it's not done that way. And the same goes for technical attributes. A hard defender like him should have dribbling around 35-45, not 70-75... Just doesn't make sense to me..

The key should always be what represent each value, what can and cant be done with each value regardless of if its 1-99, 50-99 or even 1-20. How does one differ from the other?

okay, this is only half right. technique influences how good a player's trapping of the ball on his first touch is, how good a player is at controlling the ball with his chest, how good a player is executing lobs (only part of shooting which Ball Control influences) and that's it. To compensate the shooting part, KONAMI have introduced a various array of skill cards such as jumping volley, scissor kick and most importantly One-touch play which gives an edge on performing first touch shots and volleys.

but it's not correct that it affects his general shooting, as if we go by that there would be clear inconsistencies in KONAMI's database. There are a lot of players who's technique (trapping ability) is great, but they struggle when they need to hit the ball properly (Robinho TECH 92) and those who's technique is "meh" but shooting ability tremendous, potentially world class (Quagliarella TECH 83). If TECH would influence shooting KONAMI would have a real mess on their hands.

With the volley cards, its more that it increases the likelihood of the player performing it or enables it altogether. Doesn't necessarily mean a player without them can't volley well if they have good technique, I don't mean just shooting, it could be any type of volley, it s in regards to talking the ball in the air. They are more balanced and stable on the ball, again, because of the first touch.

I play using PES galaxy, if you played the Bundersliga 2 Division, or with my modified Premier League, you can't play nice passing football with players with technique lower than 75 at the very least. your forced to hoof it, no matter their explosive power because they don't have the technique to kill the ball consistently.

Its a very important stat. its key to the realism. Like you said, a bad first touch and a bad touch in general affects the whole balance of the player on the ball.

i think that you misunderstood this with DA, players with DA on a yellow number enabled the quick turn animation (90 degree turn) on PES 10 (or with the quick turn card). On older generations of PES the quick turn was enabled when a player had TECH 90+. The same is now since PES 11-13, players with DA lower than an 80 don't have the quick 180 degree turn enabled, in short, on PES 11-13 DA 80+ unlocks a special 180 degree quick turn.

Yes, errm. Wait, lets test that again. Because with Theo Walcott especially, his dribbling on my game, on my season mode I think he's improved to about 78. his technique is still low. He can sprint and wheel way from players with his Speed merchant card, but he cannot take on players at all. He turns at a 90 degree angle slowly. I made sure I implemented this specificity for Theo, his technique has always been horrible, he regularly falls over the ball when trying to take someone on. Yes I'm a Gooner, I've seen him do it live a number of times. His goalscoring makes up for his very limited all round play.

I'd need to check that again with the turns because I'm certain technique affects the level of control you have when making stationary turns at 90 degree or more angles. Dribble Accuracy obviously affects the player when dribbling in terms of how close they keep the ball to them while moving normally, using R2 pace control and L2 more precise dribbling (modifier) and sprinting.

Probably best to test Gervinho who for me has average technique at (74), but high dribble accuracy (85). Gervinho at Arsenal would either had a really first touch or a touch of an elephant, sometimes both at the same time!

I feel my post is very important to the Premier League, so people can't just pick up Norwich or Stoke and play passing football with them if they are using realistic settings, they need to see the lack of technique will force them to play a long ball or kick and rush game. The majority Stoke's players last year at least excluding Knightly, Etherington, Pennant, Crouch, Jones and maybe Charlie Adam at (78) have average technique.

If this is not implemented these is no reason to hoof it with them, you can just pass with them.

I'll try give a lowdown of every stat, we need to discuss all of them again as a community.

Last edited:
Any news on the reactions/responsiveness of players and ai?

I hate it how on 13 you'll take a shot, the keeper spills it and you look at your man on the back post ... And he starts running away from the ball continuing his run from before you shot. Pisses me right off.

Playing against people so far. Game's very good apart from a few niggles. Very different from 2013. Beautiful. PC guys are in for a crazy treat. Playing on +2 speed is perfect for me as 0 is a little sluggish. Overall: great f'n game long long overdue. My god animations are fluid almost lifelike. Going to play against ai now.

And keepers are really good so far for me. Nice saves and many lifelike animations as well.

:CONFUSE::SHOCK: +2 speed. Now I know Lami and he aint no arcade player.....interesting as 0 is the default online speed. I usually play -1 offline

Kits looks great

untitled.png

Anyone familiar with these teams. How are the facial likenesses.

Konami's in house team have their work cut out with all these additional leagues and tournaments.

Looks stellar and from Lami's comments very enjoyable and realistic as opposed to Cassandra and company.

Ah, Konami's classic struggle with darker complexions.

In terms of graphical quality we are now getting past those CGI trailers from the old days, but Konami need to do much better in terms of texture fidelity.

Real faces yes, generic faces i disagree... imo they look better than PES2013 generic.

That's what I mean. Sorry, should have made that clearer.

Konami usually do a top job with the 'star' players but this year's faces are inconsistent. Many look incredible, others not so much.

If it's a consequence of the new engine then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom