PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Sony will make that mistake, they are just simply listing out what they are putting up onto their store this week.

If so, I guess the American markets get to play first then!

Was watching some highlights yesterday morning and noticed a two handed save attempt - but it actually looked natural. So I was trying to sus out why it looked fine compared to some of the two handed save animations implemented in PES. It's the footwork or lack thereof.

This keeper took a step or two to get across and dived sideways. His momentum carried him across and he rolled slightly. In PES, we generally see them dive sideways without taking any steps and they don't carry any momentum, often just falling on the spot. aka the belly flop.

I know Adam has often tweeted and ackowledged it's the animations which often lack conviction rather than keeper logic itself so I'd really like them to improve these animations to make them look convincing, even if the keeper is programmed not be able to save that particular shot. Get him to move his feet and scamper across a fraction late rather than make him fall on his side as if there's an invisible wall there.

I might try and find the video later on if I can.

3 weeks gentlemen!!!

Whatever happens, i'm just happy at the fact that I am excited for a football game once more and it's a PES game to boot.

We haven't had fresh take on a football game for a long,long time. i'ts almost like a new IP

I don't think Sony will make that mistake, they are just simply listing out what they are putting up onto their store this week.

If so, I guess the American markets get to play first then!

Thank god I made multiple accounts!

Last edited:
Thing that gets me the most is that 'grown men' are unsettled by what people post on a forum about them.

It is because their personal vanity and enormous ego have been pricked.

Not everyone is rushing to jump on their coattails.

Twitter has an alternative name in my lexicon which I must not repeat here. As one wise sage once said the internet allows a multitude to express their ignorance to one and all without any fear of being castigated.

Cassandra and company can keep their heads in the sand.

Thought Konami lost the Argentina national team licence a few years ago?

They lost it two years ago I think. Odd considering the popularity of PES there.

However I expect Don Julio saw the dollar signs from EA although being the odious man he is I am surprised he did not allow Konami to license it as well to maximize his revenue.

Then again EA may have insisted.

Doesn't matter anyway as the kits can be modded.

Just wanted to say that, looking around the webz, this forum is one of the few (if not the only one) sane PES sites still out there. There's a few creepers but at least there's no ass-kissing going on.

We are all capable of independent critical thought Anderson. It is an oasis on the net compared to some of the herd mentality and ignorance on display everywhere else.

If this Tom would like to engage in a discussion on any of the arts, sciences and humanities he is welcome.....though I very much doubt it.

Just wanted to say that, looking around the webz, this forum is one of the few (if not the only one) sane PES sites still out there.
This site is the no different than any other game site, just take a good look at this thread: entitled and hyper-critical gamers vs. the faith defenders, arguing and belittling each other while they tear apart every video and scrap of info Konami releases. What I find telling about the Twitter exchange from the previous page and the subsequent responses, is that nobody is honest enough to admit their own biased opinions and rude behaviour isn't any better than the people they're attacking. I taught grade school for twenty years, the whole thing reminds me of the manner in which cliques of children fight on the playground.

Last edited:
This site is actually refreshing. Open and honest discussion. Some other sites have tremendous censorship and will ban at a whim.

Last edited:
I wish I hadn't clicked on that Bhatti's status link. Really in a mood to play the game.

Right homies. At the Dubai event now waiting to go in in 10 mins. Will try the game and feedback here.

I'll try my best to address as many things as time allows me to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom