PES 2014 Bugs and Issues thread (PC, X360, PS3)

Players are definitely not as limber and agile as in PES 2013.

If you want to check your Right Stick behavior, and if there is any lag, when not in possession of the ball (i.e. defending), hold the player select button (default LB) and move the right stick in various directions. You should see a line graphic on the pitch originating from the player currently being controlled, and moving in the direction you are pointing the right stick. As long as that is mirroring the movement you make with the right stick, all seems well on a technical level atleast.

As for right-stick dribbling, I find by far the best success in releasing the left stick, then holding the right stick in a direction I want to perform a feint, and then I wait until I actually want to perform the feint, at which point I will point the left stick in the direction I want the player to move after he does the feint.

Think of it as you "cocking" the feint mechanism by holding and not releasing the right stick, and when an opponent approaches and nears, you actually execute the feint, and move, by quickly also moving the left stick.

Works quite well, once you get used to the delay, and more skilled players have a pretty huge advantage over less-skilled players in how responsive they are and how quickly they can move the ball in certain situations. Some players are almost not worth trying skills with, they take longer to execute the feint than just moving normally.
OMG I just played my first game of xbox 360 North American. It was fucking brilliant. The response times are far better!!!! I could not beleive it. Now the one thing I will say is that i cannot get the PC patch to work yet...So maybe its the patch? If not then the PC version might be broken for now. I just had so much fun in one game. One huge thing i noticed, is direction of passes seem way more accurate on xbox, in a good way. Im going to play the exact same game on the pc and see the difference.

OMG I just played my first game of xbox 360 North American. It was fucking brilliant. The response times are far better!!!! I could not beleive it. Now the one thing I will say is that i cannot get the PC patch to work yet...So maybe its the patch? If not then the PC version might be broken for now. I just had so much fun in one game. One huge thing i noticed, is direction of passes seem way more accurate on xbox, in a good way. Im going to play the exact same game on the pc and see the difference.

Going back and forth between Xbox and PC is a great way to notice subtle differences. Try checking the delay between pressing the pass button and seeing the power gauge. For me Xbox has almost 0 delay while the PC will have a small delay, though with tweaks I've gotten it down to a managable level.

Going back and forth between Xbox and PC is a great way to notice subtle differences. Try checking the delay between pressing the pass button and seeing the power gauge. For me Xbox has almost 0 delay while the PC will have a small delay, though with tweaks I've gotten it down to a managable level.

can you share your tweaks?

can you share your tweaks?

I edited them into the first post, but basically deactivate vsync and triple buffering for the PES2014.exe game exe via the Catalyst Control Center (if using a Radeon graphics card), then I used the RadeonPro app to set Flip Queue Size to 0 (supposedly reduces the buffer to give less read-ahead, and more chance of lower FPS etc, but also less latency).

For Nvidia cards there may be an equivalent setting in their control panel or 3rd party apps. :)

I edited them into the first post, but basically deactivate vsync and triple buffering for the PES2014.exe game exe via the Catalyst Control Center (if using a Radeon graphics card), then I used the RadeonPro app to set Flip Queue Size to 0 (supposedly reduces the buffer to give less read-ahead, and more chance of lower FPS etc, but also less latency).

For Nvidia cards there may be an equivalent setting in their control panel or 3rd party apps. :)

i have a radeaon so cool! I just went back and forth from each version. 360 definatley is smoother. Response times are better. But man do the graphics suck!!

I have the same problem of controls being duplicated online. I'm using a wired Xbox 360 controller, and whether I chose Xinput or Direct Input, the problem exists. Also, the right stick movements seem to be erratic. I'm using an AMD CPU with Radeon graphics card. Does this problem seem to affect only AMD systems?

I have the same problem of controls being duplicated online. I'm using a wired Xbox 360 controller, and whether I chose Xinput or Direct Input, the problem exists. Also, the right stick movements seem to be erratic. I'm using an AMD CPU with Radeon graphics card. Does this problem seem to affect only AMD systems?

Do your Right Stick problems include not being able to use LB + Right Stick to change player properly? Because I have that aswell, and it only seems to happen to the Xbox controller/driver, as a Logitech pad works fine.

Would be great if I get another datapoint for this, I've not been able to 100% confirm this with someone else yet. :)

i can confirm this
bought a cheap hama game-pad, the combat bow, 10 bucks
PS design but a bit bigger as i like it, no analog shoulder triggers, all digital good for PES

bought it because i dont like how easy the 360 sticks move, i like it more tight and more feedback

anyway, yes the manual cursor change with right stick works flawlessly now

i can confirm this
bought a cheap hama game-pad, the combat bow, 10 bucks
PS design but a bit bigger as i like it, no analog shoulder triggers, all digital good for PES

bought it because i dont like how easy the 360 sticks move, i like it more tight and more feedback

anyway, yes the manual cursor change with right stick works flawlessly now

That's great, thanks for confirming the Right Stick problem. :)

That's great, thanks for confirming the Right Stick problem. :)

When setting up my game pad, I changed it to the other input mode (xinput if I remember) and it prompted a warning that a certain combination of buttons/controls would not work under xinput, so I used the other method. I wonder if this has something to do with that?

Hiho,
I did encounter a glitch today, where the ball crossed the line (next to the goal) and the game went on. 0o
I did save the replay for it.
Did anyone else experienced that or was it just some rare bug?

Edit: Here is the replay of it:

http://youtu.be/-LniOc-ib1Y

Last edited:
When setting up my game pad, I changed it to the other input mode (xinput if I remember) and it prompted a warning that a certain combination of buttons/controls would not work under xinput, so I used the other method. I wonder if this has something to do with that?

i think its the analog triggers working as an axis on Xinput, because i play in DirectInput and got the cursor problem.

edit
indeed it has something to to with that
tried xinput first time and works perfect now, the analog triggers too
so just use that and its fine

Last edited:

Thanks for posting your findings Trance. From what I can tell, the NVIDIA equivalent is "Maximum pre-rendered frames". I'll try tweaking that here and see if that helps. :)

I'm playing at High quality settings. All works fine, 60fps, except the goal kicks, corner kicks and so on when the game suddenly decides to lag. It's pure slow motion for a few seconds then it jumps back to normal.

This is a serious flaw as it does not allow me to finish a match in online mode. As soon as I have a goal kick and the game goes in slow motion I'm getting disconnected due to a bad connection.

Anyone else has the same problems? I feel sad, the game seems to have great potential.
Sorry didn't quote the msg so that last post made no sense, I have this problem in offline mode

XBOX version:
It is impossible to get the first data pack installed.
Downloading takes ages ( 2 hours ) and after finally done, the installing fails, mostly on 50% of the installing progress.
You get a message that the data pack is broken.
This means we XBOX players cannot play online, because you need this particular version data pack.

BTW I think it is a good idea for people to add if they have the XBOX, PS3, or PC they are complaining about.

I placed this post at the first page and I am disappointed that this is not inserted in the first post.
It is one of the biggest problems for the Xbox version and that's why I should be included in the first post.
True, there is a workaround, using an USB stick and the proggy "Horizon" but there is a safety issue in here, because installing Horizon puts several malware on your computer.
So Konami should give high priority to fix the data-pack problem for the Xbox. Adam Bhatti encougaged using the USB/Horizon=solution, which is only at the interest of Konami and not for the users!
Users who will not take risks are now from day one without online because datapack 1 is necessary to play online.

Another thing that did not get much attention is the bad connection players online have. Very slow play and input lag.
This for the people who took the risk with Horizon and now play online of bad quality...

Last edited:
I placed this post at the first page and I am disappointed that this is not inserted in the first post.
It is one of the biggest problems for the Xbox version and that's why I should be included in the first post.
True, there is a workaround, using an USB stick and the proggy "Horizon" but there is a safety issue in here, because installing Horizon puts several malware on your computer.
So Konami should give high priority to fix the data-pack problem for the Xbox. Adam Bhatti encougaged using the USB/Horizon=solution, which is only at the interest of Konami and not for the users!
Users who will not take risks are now from day one without online because datapack 1 is necessary to play online.

Another thing that did not get much attention is the bad connection players online have. Very slow play and input lag.
This for the people who took the risk with Horizon and now play online of bad quality...

Hey mate. I will add this to the OP. I haven't checked Adams twitter alot, and I don't play online or on the Xbox, so thanks for mentioning it again, those areas I have no first hand experience of. :)

6 out of my last 10 shots crashed on the bar. It's getting SO frustrating.
No matter how much power I shoot with, it's more than likely to end up hitting on the bar.

I'm annoyed at PES right now.

1. Power bar loads up and gets stuck (online)
2. Player awareness, not 'alive' to the ball
3. When bringing keeper out he doesn't go back when I release triangle button
4.Players make offside runs and stay there - 20 yards offside.
5. When you then play the through ball to another player the cpu chooses offside player.
6. Should have option to quit online games after 1 min. It's unfair that a laggy match means you lose courtesy points and other player gains. Attracts cheating.
7.Catch up bug but is way to prevalent and not needed if player abilities are well balanced. For example, make it so fast players tire quickly therefore making it impossible to spam dash button.

I have 2 ps3 controllers & 2 non ps3 controllers. I never had a problem by playing PES 2011- PES 2013 up to now.When I play a tournament/cup (offline) with four players against the com, the first game is always fine playing with all four on one side, after the first game one of the four players are automaticly assigned to the com side and there is nothing you can do.Please fix this,this make this game not fun anymore,i have no problems when I play a 2 multiplayer cup game.Please update a patch!!!

Have anybody try playing offline with more than 2 players????:RANT:

Setting high priority for pes2014.exe results in a free lag game.
If this works for someone else, please post here.

Do your Right Stick problems include not being able to use LB + Right Stick to change player properly? Because I have that aswell, and it only seems to happen to the Xbox controller/driver, as a Logitech pad works fine.

Would be great if I get another datapoint for this, I've not been able to 100% confirm this with someone else yet. :)

The PS2 controller/usb adapter has the same problem for the command to change player in defense.

Another problem with this controller is that I can't do feints that use bents commands in right sitck (like roullete). Just feints with straight commands.

There is a chance that this problem it will be fixed in the next patch or I have to buy another controller?

edit: Ah, yes. Auto-feints off

Last edited:
honestly i cant remember a normal cross by the cpu, all the time its low one to the 5 meter box with the retarded keepers not running out and not blocking the short corner either

its so OFF this game
com attack AI is off
keeper ai is off

then infront of the box all strikers start to pull of tricks all of a sudden, srsly..
not enjoyable in current state at all

Back
Top Bottom