PES 2014 Bugs and Issues thread (PC, X360, PS3)

Hey. Things are good. Trying to get used to the new gameplay and having a hard time. I'll get there eventually :D

Did you get it?

Just trying it out at the minute ;). Undecided on purchasing it yet. May wait til most the issues are sorted and they actually complete the game. Have to say though Gampeplaywise it look as though it only needs a few tweaks. Enjoying some good two player games with me 9 year old daughter. Even though she keeps beating me with Liverpool.

guys, how to fix the headers, it's randomly working in defense and in attack, i bash A and the player only takes balls with his chest and then pass!!!! the other thing, what to change to make the gameplay more defensive??? i heard it's more fun than the default settings.

Kick off can sometimes just give the ball away

online lag or whatever causes extra button presses, for example a pass to a player (A button pressed once), when he receives it he passes it. when it was a pass from the previous player. This infuriates me and does it allot

offline/online

keepers stiff bad on shots straight at them
manual shooting is broken/finesse, controlled shots
heading in the box while attacking is broken

offline/online
keepers stiff bad on shots straight at them
manual shooting is broken/finesse, controlled shots
heading in the box while attacking is broken
exactly same thoughts mate, i played 10-12 matches now, no cross is met by a header on the attacking end, always the defense knocking the ball away, it's really frustrating that this type of play can't be used in this game, always through balls, i feel repressed and knowing what to do when attacking, friendly ai doesn't move into space.

What's wrong with the optimization of PES2014 PC version?

On my PC game works fine, responsiveness is almost like in PES2013, but on the brother PC the game is unplayable! Response is awful, fps is stuck at 60 but the game is sluggish, the cursor changing delayed almost one second. The Game behaves the same at low and high details.

I see that many have problems with the game :?

Same problem

Thanks for the thread ya'll
Platform - PS3

1. Datapack has crashed almost 5 times, been trying to download it since Saturday.
2. Lag infront of goal, everything moves in slow motion
3. unable to head in crosses, players just stand there and trap the ball.
4. Shooting is impossible (whether it's finesse shooting or manual shooting), the ball lobs or ends up hitting the bar

Utterly frustrating game to play at the moment but it has huge potential

Thanks for the thread ya'll
Platform - PS3

1. Datapack has crashed almost 5 times, been trying to download it since Saturday.
2. Lag infront of goal, everything moves in slow motion
3. unable to head in crosses, players just stand there and trap the ball.
4. Shooting is impossible (whether it's finesse shooting or manual shooting), the ball lobs or ends up hitting the bar

Utterly frustrating game to play at the moment but it has huge potential
i don't agree on the shooting, u have to know when to shoot and when not to, on the other hand i agree on lag and crosses.

PC version:

- Response times are awful, terrible input lag.
- There are physical things happening in the game finally but there are too few fouls in return of these things happening.
- Players are too slow while not holding down the run button.
- While holding down the run button, players slow down after few secs. This was in PES 2012 also if I remember right. Stupid thing is; if I keep changing directions while sprinting there is no slowing down but If I run straight player always slows down.
- New dribbling move controls are awful, even if there were no input lag; whole dribbling system relies on the player using both directional analog sticks. And I think it's too hard(hardcore) to play that way; maybe 5% percent of the players who plays PES14 could use this system effectively, it's not fair for casual/normal PES players: the majority.
- Lastly; through ball receivers always follow a path where we cant break(except for super-cancel shit, if it still exists) and I hate it, ve'been hating it for years.

For ATI users did you nticed any positive results after changing settings in Catalyst Control Center ? I noticed that wheter Vsync is on or off I didn't noticed any change. The same with other settings...

Futhermore Tune Up and Game booster doesn't effect on game fluency at all, it causes slaughtering actually.

By the way the lighting in night mode is very poor, I can barely see the shadows :/

Last edited:
- Response times are awful, terrible input lag.

This is system specific (as many PC things are) so I suggest mentioning your system details as there are some of us who don't experience this

- While holding down the run button, players slow down after few secs. This was in PES 2012 also if I remember right. Stupid thing is; if I keep changing directions while sprinting there is no slowing down but If I run straight player always slows down.

You need to now think of this as a 'burst' button, not a sprint toggle any more. To truly sprint, you need to double tap for each stride.

- New dribbling move controls are awful, even if there were no input lag; whole dribbling system relies on the player using both directional analog sticks. And I think it's too hard(hardcore) to play that way; maybe 5% percent of the players who plays PES14 could use this system effectively, it's not fair for casual/normal PES players: the majority.

Casual players can now use the auto feint system instead, so no need to use the 'complicated' system if they don't want to.

- Lastly; through ball receivers always follow a path where we cant break(except for super-cancel shit, if it still exists) and I hate it, ve'been hating it for years.

As you say, if you don't like the lock on, use super-cancel

We all need to remember here, that just because it's different from what we are used to, it don't mean it's wrong. Yes there are still issue with the game, but I for one am glad of the changes as there's no fun in just playing the same game every year with better graphics and updated line-ups (well, also less licences!)

PC version:

- Stupid thing is; if I keep changing directions while sprinting there is no slowing down

- New dribbling move controls are awful, even if there were no input lag; whole dribbling system relies on the player using both directional analog sticks.

Yes, first point is a big issue.

Second point i'd like to put it into another perspective, the new first touch and turn with right stick(forgot the term) is nice, but many times the game is forcing you to do it if u want to keep a fluid and technical play, its a bit wrong direction for PES.
There is no need to make some first touches worse in order to force the player to use the new feature, we have the left stick already and in many situations it needs to be done automatically.
PES needs to be fluid and easy in controls w/o loosing depth, one of the core elements of the series, lost year for year bit by bit.

For ATI users did you nticed any positive results after changing settings in Catalyst Control Center ? I noticed that wheter Vsync is on or off I didn't noticed any change. The same with other settings...

Futhermore Tune Up and Game booster doesn't effect on game fluency at all, it causes slaughtering actually.

By the way the lighting in night mode is very poor, I can barely see the shadows :/

vsync, triple buff. and flip size queue are making a difference using radeon pro
some nvida user wrote that putting all the quality settings away from high quality makes a difference in response, need to try that today

Last edited:
This is system specific (as many PC things are) so I suggest mentioning your system details as there are some of us who don't experience this

Great, another ATI problem then...

You need to now think of this as a 'burst' button, not a sprint toggle any more. To truly sprint, you need to double tap for each stride.

Good to know.

Casual players can now use the auto feint system instead, so no need to use the 'complicated' system if they don't want to.

Well, no matter how automatic it gets, it's never the same as one's willing to do a certain feint. In earlier games; d-pad was enough for dribbling and feints were not OP and never was mandatory for dribbling but they are now and I dont like it, I'm sure many would aggree on this, if not, it's my opinion.

As you say, if you don't like the lock on, use super-cancel

Better there should be an option for never 'lock-on' instead of pressing 2 buttons at the same time, every time after I use a through ball. Shouldn't be that hard to make, I dont understand why arent devs doing it.

I like simple controls and I like to play with my football knowledge, with my perception, int, wis, luck etc. :P but I dont wanna remember freaking button combinations just to be able to play it.

We all need to remember here, that just because it's different from what we are used to, it don't mean it's wrong. Yes there are still issue with the game, but I for one am glad of the changes as there's no fun in just playing the same game every year with better graphics and updated line-ups (well, also less licences!)

I like change... or better: I like improvement; I like things being fixed per real football every next game and I'm having fun playing PES 2014 and like it better than any other PES in this gen so far but certain things just breaks the whole gameplay experience.

They shouldn't have so relentlessly changed a fundamental system(dribling-ease of control) which made me and many others like the PES series in the first place.

vsync, triple buff. and flip size queue are making a difference using radeon pro

How exactly? Which of them should be on/off?

I disabled vsync, enabled triple buff but dont see an option for flip size queue in CCC. Is radeon pro an unofficial program?

Last edited:
Great, another ATI problem then...

I've an AMD/ATI card and I have no issue. Radeon Pro is third party and I use it, but mainly so I have the graphics 'extras' available within it and with the SweetFX tab. Even without it, my game was smooth, just not as pretty. My only slowdown is strange, as it's not lag and it's not lag/response, it's actually that when I play MLO, the actual game speed seems slower than offline ML, even though I play at 0 speed!

I'll try and remember to look which drivers I'm using (as I haven't updated them recently) when I get home, but after chores (I'm an adult, honest, my GF and I split chores and she gets upset if I miss any!) I may just want to play the game and forget my 'at work promises'.

I will admit after that, however, that my system is pretty high end (2 x HD7770 factory overclocked cards among other things) so maybe there is an issue with poor compatibility/optimisation with AMD/ATI and my brute force it handling it instead?

I've an AMD/ATI card and I have no issue. Radeon Pro is third party and I use it, but mainly so I have the graphics 'extras' available within it and with the SweetFX tab. Even without it, my game was smooth, just not as pretty. My only slowdown is strange, as it's not lag and it's not lag/response, it's actually that when I play MLO, the actual game speed seems slower than offline ML, even though I play at 0 speed!

I'll try and remember to look which drivers I'm using (as I haven't updated them recently) when I get home, but after chores (I'm an adult, honest, my GF and I split chores and she gets upset if I miss any!) I may just want to play the game and forget my 'at work promises'.

I will admit after that, however, that my system is pretty high end (2 x HD7770 factory overclocked cards among other things) so maybe there is an issue with poor compatibility/optimisation with AMD/ATI and my brute force it handling it instead?

Cool, if you could enlighten me as to which drivers you are using then that would be excellent. I'm running an fx 6300 and HD7950, far above what the game needs to run smoothly but I did just download the most recent AMD drivers, they came out the same day as PES, might try and rollback to see if i notice anything

Cool, if you could enlighten me as to which drivers you are using then that would be excellent. I'm running an fx 6300 and HD7950, far above what the game needs to run smoothly but I did just download the most recent AMD drivers, they came out the same day as PES, might try and rollback to see if i notice anything

I swear I promise to try and remember (I've set a reminder on my phone and everything!

First match of the day, using radeon pro: forced vsync always on, triple buffering enabled and flip queue size to zero has has quite a drastic effect on my controller input lag. The game is much more playable so far.

Going to try this.

Theres a bit of debate as to what the value 0 actually does, some say it resets to driver dafault. but there is already an option for driver default, so it may be some sort of app dependent value. i really dont know, gonna try with it at 1 to be on the safe side

ok just downloaded the pes edit patch and when I clicked it to install it said the install was complete and seemed to me like it installed fine, so then I went to my hard drive and to programme files to open PES as normal and it come up with an error saying "windows cannot access the specified device,path... blah blah"

what am I doing wrong???

The more I play it, the more bugged the game becomes :(.

I guess, I will have to do vocal commentary of those... But lets start with MOST annoying shit.

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 - Goalkeepers are still retarded mess. Near Post Glitch/Bug HD

THIS. I cannot get my head around how BAD this animation is. It's unrealistic, it's bad, it should be got rid of. Let KONAMI do MOCap for keepers AGAIN. Use only animations from REAL, Professional keepers.

I want PES GK to be as good as FIFA ones (and no, FIFA goalkeepers are not super human either, but they don't make such silly blunders, mistakes :/).

So to update on my input lag problem:

By using Catalyst Control Center and settings pes2014.exe to NOT use triple buffering or vsync, and using the RadeonPro app to set Flip Queue Size to 0 (install app, open, select the "global" switch top right-ish, then "advanced tab"), and playing on Medium detail level in the settings.exe

I now have very little input lag. What very little is left (compared to the xbox 360 demo) I would be willing to chalk up to consoles simply being absolutely optimized in every respect for low latency input.

I think it was the Flip Queue Size change that did it. I had played yesterday with all other settings as they are now, and still had bad input delay.

Anyone with Radeon cards should try this and report aswell.

So to update on my input lag problem:

By using Catalyst Control Center and settings pes2014.exe to NOT use triple buffering or vsync, and using the RadeonPro app to set Flip Queue Size to 0 (install app, open, select the "global" switch top right-ish, then "advanced tab"), and playing on Medium detail level in the settings.exe

I now have very little input lag. What very little is left (compared to the xbox 360 demo) I would be willing to chalk up to consoles simply being absolutely optimized in every respect for low latency input.

I think it was the Flip Queue Size change that did it. I had played yesterday with all other settings as they are now, and still had bad input delay.

Anyone with Radeon cards should try this and report aswell.

Thanks for the info. :TU:

Basically any Alienware system runs the game like you're trying to play it with an entry level system from 10 years ago. Pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom