PES 2012 Video Thread

Have you played both Xbox and PS3 versions? If so how do they play v one another?

Does the Xbox have better or worse graphics for instance, and what about player feel or game feel, is it better or worse?

Any info would be appreciated?

Have you played both Xbox and PS3 versions? If so how do they play v one another?

Does the Xbox have better or worse graphics for instance, and what about player feel or game feel, is it better or worse?

Any info would be appreciated?

Graphics are better on the 360, game feels smoother and it has a better framerate but there is no glaring differences.

Okay so no-one will be impressed with this given I was using Barcelona and Messi, but who cares, I really liked these goals. The first was a devastating break away when 0-1 down to Betis, Sanchez clipping the ball past the keeper using an R2 controlled shot, then in injury time, Messi won the game. Taking a clipped pass from Pique on the chest, Messi then turns and hits another R2 controlled shot which bent and dipped over the keeper to win the game.

I'm really enjoying this game at the moment :)

YouTube - Barcelona 2-1 Betis

Okay so no-one will be impressed with this given I was using Barcelona and Messi, but who cares, I really liked these goals. The first was a devastating break away when 0-1 down to Betis, Sanchez clipping the ball past the keeper using an R2 controlled shot, then in injury time, Messi won the game. Taking a clipped pass from Pique on the chest, Messi then turns and hits another R2 controlled shot which bent and dipped over the keeper to win the game.

I'm really enjoying this game at the moment :)

YouTube - Barcelona 2-1 Betis

Great R2 strikes regardless LT, although if I'm honest - I loved the passes for both goals more. ;)

Now also, once in possession of the ball, if you want to change direction quickly, try holding R2 and pushing the stick in the direction you wish to turn. It's very subtle but it keeps the ball close to your feet to be able to skin players in very tight spaces. This is pure gold, and very, very deep once you understand it's full relevance in every area.

You can even does this to control a high pass and move it into the direction you wish to move to. Check some of my Football Life videos to see it in action. ;)

Last edited:
Thank Jimmy :)

Does R2 work for dribbling the same as it did in PES2011 then? I've presumed that it does, as with shooting so far, but it is fun experimenting. I've found that R2 does have do many uses, I swear passing and shooting while also holding R2 all the way through also produces a different effect to pressing it after charging the bar (like I did with the two shots above).

Holding R2 with passing, especially X, produces a more controlled pass. Great when using lesser players on Zero Assistance. I only ever use R2 on shooting after I've pressed shoot, never before. Although by holding all the way through may have a similiar effect. Not sure though, never tried it. As I've preached for years, R2 is the most under-appreciated button on the game. It has a use in the 'control' department, for everything.

Try spraying a high pass from one side of the pitch to the other using Circle, then try the same pass but press R2 after you have charged up the high pass. This will give the ball more loft and take the pace of it. You can use this for short high passes as well over shorter distances. This works well to set-up a first-time volleyed pass or lay-off, which changes the pace of the game momentarily. It's also very good when using this system to cross the ball in from the wing, as the ball hangs in the air more and gives you more time to position your striker for the header and attack the ball.

R2 dribbling is the same as PES 2011, just with more angles. It's best used in a more start/stop type technique. Sprint/jog, hold R2 to bring yourself stationary, then use momentum and a shift in balance to drift past players as you move off.

Last edited:
Some good tips there, thanks very much. I'll give them a go and post any more decent goals I may or may not score as a result!

These next few are my favourite goals on PES 12, it took me 5 months to work out how to pull this type of shot off. Testament to the hidden depth of PES.

Copied from the Discussion Thread ....

Oh my lord, I've just scored an L1 Chip shot from long-range. Different technique this time, it was scored facing straight on, it was with Petrov though, so it was perfect for the left peg, in fact that was the only option. Spotted the keeper off his line, took a touch, kept it close to me for the natural lift, (Sprinting wouldn't have worked) then 3/4 power and aimed towards the far top corner. And that was all she wrote. Fucking incredible shooting mechanics this, you can pull off any technique you know from real football and apply it the very same way, and it's a treat. Probably my best goal ever on this, mainly because I meant every single part. It wasn't a 'laces' strike, it was controlled and placed from range.

Here is that goal, I love everything about it. What made it possible, was the fact the ball was kept very close to Petrov's feet, almost at a stand-still. This gave him the option to 'dig it out' and get underneath it, this in turn took away the power and exchanged it for accuracy. This is the type of stuff that I'm talking about, that is perfect replication of that exact real-life technique. As far as I'm concerned, we have no right to expect that type of reproduction. It's not just shooting though, it's across Zero Assisted passing and dribbling and on and on.

Take it away Petrov .....

YouTube - PES 12 Shooting Techniques

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom