PES 2012 Video Thread

On that last one did you use R1 when turning before shooting? It's a technique I like using to really dig the ball out on the turn, I've hit a few low screamers by using R1 then taking a run up to the shot, though one hasn't quite gone in just yet ...

Nice goals though! :))

On that last one did you use R1 when turning before shooting? It's a technique I like using to really dig the ball out on the turn, I've hit a few low screamers by using R1 then taking a run up to the shot, though one hasn't quite gone in just yet ...

Nice goals though! :))

Yep, that's exactly it. Space permitting, it's the only real way (as it should be technique-wise) to get your head over the ball and drill it hard and low. You can also use the new Explosive Burst from a standing position (R2+R1+direction) to set-up the same shot. You require a very short press of the shoot button with these low drives, as the momentum and the fact the ball is out of your feet and your sprinting onto it, gives it the pace/power. Also, your player needs to have at least 80+ Shooting Power to get the best results.

Last edited:
Well I got home, put PES in, and scored my favourite goal yet. I tried the L1 chip shot and it worked wonders, but in a much different way.

The match itself was immense, it feels so much more fair than on previous patches. As my video shows, my Leverkusen team went a goal down to Fiorentina inside five minutes, but I soon drew level with a free kick. In the second half I struggled, until I brought on Ortega who was on a red arrow. He ran the show after that in an ACM position, and I made space with him by using the R2 drag back, chipped a lofted through pass to Lars Bender who'd made a great run from midfield. As he ran onto the ball I held L1 and he pulled off some strange volley with the inside of his heel as it bounced up, and lobbed the keeper. Sublime!

To highlight how much more fair the AI seems to be than the previous versions I'd played, I again scored in the 90th minute, this time thanks to a dreadful keeper error from the CPU who passed it straight to my attacker, who wrapped up the win. All in all, the keepers have been brilliant, not seen any errors, so this I think will be a rarity but it's still nice to benefit from it.

YouTube - Leverkusen 3-1 Fiorentina

Well I got home, put PES in, and scored my favourite goal yet. I tried the L1 chip shot and it worked wonders, but in a much different way.

The match itself was immense, it feels so much more fair than on previous patches. As my video shows, my Leverkusen team went a goal down to Fiorentina inside five minutes, but I soon drew level with a free kick. In the second half I struggled, until I brought on Ortega who was on a red arrow. He ran the show after that in an ACM position, and I made space with him by using the R2 drag back, chipped a lofted through pass to Lars Bender who'd made a great run from midfield. As he ran onto the ball I held L1 and he pulled off some strange volley with the inside of his heel as it bounced up, and lobbed the keeper. Sublime!

To highlight how much more fair the AI seems to be than the previous versions I'd played, I again scored in the 90th minute, this time thanks to a dreadful keeper error from the CPU who passed it straight to my attacker, who wrapped up the win. All in all, the keepers have been brilliant, not seen any errors, so this I think will be a rarity but it's still nice to benefit from it.

YouTube - Leverkusen 3-1 Fiorentina

Loving the free-kick and cushioned stabbed lob that he caught beautifully on-the-up. That is a great animation in my book, and very relevant to the strike and technique for that exact scenario. In all my time playing PES 12, that is probably only the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen that type of technique. Brilliant.

Last edited:
Two very unspectacular but satisfying goals, the first, Adebayor latches onto the through pass through using super cancel, then his leggy style sees him stumble round the keeper and defenders to score. It just looked and felt exactly like the real life player.

The second, again, very Adebayor style, he takes the pass on the edge of the box then clips an R2 finish past the keeper with no backlift, and it curls into the net taking the keeper by surprise. I just like it because it looks almost lazy, very much in keeping with that player's style!

YouTube - Adebayor PES2012

Two very unspectacular but satisfying goals, the first, Adebayor latches onto the through pass through using super cancel, then his leggy style sees him stumble round the keeper and defenders to score. It just looked and felt exactly like the real life player.

The second, again, very Adebayor style, he takes the pass on the edge of the box then clips an R2 finish past the keeper with no backlift, and it curls into the net taking the keeper by surprise. I just like it because it looks almost lazy, very much in keeping with that player's style!

Did you tap R2 by any chance LT for the first goal ? It looks like you also may have controlled a potential stumble in the manner I suggested in the Discussion Thread ?

The chip through ball works a treat in this game :BOP:

You got to buy a ticket if you want to win the raffle.....

YouTube - Martins Wonder-Strike Part II

Stunner! (how shit is the 2nd replay of the goal, Konami completely baffle me with their choices lol)

Last edited:
Did you tap R2 by any chance LT for the first goal ? It looks like you also may have controlled a potential stumble in the manner I suggested in the Discussion Thread ?

Yep, I super cancelled to make him run across the defender's path then basically hammered the shit out of R2, repeatedly tapping it right up to the ball leaving the player's foot. I've noticed that any situations where you're not fully in control of the ball, or don't even have the ball but are close to it, I use R2 and it has a number of effects. Firstly, by tapping R2 if you have the ball, you're both close dribbling and likely to perform the 'jump over the tackle' move. Secondly, if you lose control of it, or are close to the ball, with the right player (such as a big CF or defender) you can bully the CPU off the ball, with R2 kind of acting like a nudge command that shoves the CPU off the ball. Revenge on the CPU truly is sweet! The joy at seeing the CPU perform that stumble animation rather than me is a joy to behold ;)

Thanks to your tips I'm also finding a good use for a target man now. Move him towards the flight of the ball and hammer R2, he uses his size and strength to hold off the challenge and either take it on his chest or flick the ball on. Really, really good.

Last edited:
The chip through ball works a treat in this game :BOP:

Amen to that, I've scored a ton from them now :))

I've also figured out how to get a decent amount of goals from corners. A bit like in FIFA, if you put the corner into the box and the instant it leaves the kicker's foot, push the direction immediately into the the direction of the goal, it seems to make whichever player the game auto switches to in the box really attack the ball earlier. I'd previously never win a header in the box from corners but now I'm getting to the ball ahead of the attacker a fair proportion more! I guess this is common sense really, but I'd previously just let the game kind of position your player for you. There is a slight amount of movement towards the ball allowed before it reaches the target, so using this to attack the goal seems to get that player ahead of the defender ... on occasion ...

Last edited:
Amen to that, I've scored a ton from them now :))

I've also figured out how to get a decent amount of goals from corners. A bit like in FIFA, if you put the corner into the box and the instant it leaves the kicker's foot, push the direction immediately into the the direction of the goal, it seems to make whichever player the game auto switches to in the box really attack the ball earlier. I'd previously never win a header in the box from corners but now I'm getting to the ball ahead of the attacker a fair proportion more! I guess this is common sense really, but I'd previously just let the game kind of position your player for you. There is a slight amount of movement towards the ball allowed before it reaches the target, so using this to attack the goal seems to get that player ahead of the defender ... on occasion ...

Do you never use the R3 option to take control of your player and time a run to the near post ? I use this a lot, it's a great feature that does require dummy runs and excellent timing. Much like real-life.

Also, check the Crystal Palace match in the FL thread, at 0.47, Emnes takes the ball lovely with R2 and pushes the ball onto his left foot, then R2 again to come back inside the defender. This is the real beauty of the R2 first-touch, so subtle, yet so brilliantly effective.

Thanks for reminding me, I'd totally forgotten about that. When in-game I currently only use the off the ball player runs set to auto, which pretty much just makes them run forwards in a straight line, but is very useful for getting forwards to attack the six yard box.

I'll give the set piece ones a try though!

Thanks for reminding me, I'd totally forgotten about that. When in-game I currently only use the off the ball player runs set to auto, which pretty much just makes them run forwards in a straight line, but is very useful for getting forwards to attack the six yard box.

I'll give the set piece ones a try though!

You can use it for free-kicks into the box from distance, corner kicks and even throw-ins. It's a great new addition that rewards clever stop/start runs and fakes. By using R3 to switch to that mode, you then flick though your players by tapping up or down on the pad/stick. This way you can choose to control your best player with regards jumping and heading.

Wow. Just wow :WORSHIP:
Ive watched this about 3 times.
This is PES12? Some serious editing on a PC Im guessing?
Looks amazing. Looks like it plays amazing. The whole thing? Amazing.
What a difference to the copy I binned back in November.
I guess thats the difference between PC and 360?
Mine didnt look or play anything like that.
Love the nets.

Replaying the big CL games that happen in real life, I put in a cracking performance vs Real as Bayern.

Favourite goal is the 4th one, a reverse pass from Müller, Ribery slots in a tight pass back to him and Müller continues his run to the byline, he then chips it into the head of the diving Gomez.

edit: typical need to reupload it, music blocked.

YouTube - PES 2012 - Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid - CL

Last edited:
Some nice goals from the weekend, first was Rooney at Wembley for England curling a strong R2 finish into the top corner:

YouTube - Rooney

The next, Caveghni for River Plate lashing a wild shot across goal that took the keeper by surprise with its pace, then a cheeky header in front of the keeper nicking the ball over the line. Quite random but I like it!

YouTube - Cavenaghi

Very nice teamwork goals Wilko22!

When I watch other people's highlight I always imagine what I would do and your passing solutions were always better than mine :-)
You have great vision.

Thanks, not sure about having great vision though, more like different vision :P

And yeah it's 1.03.

Is that PC mate? Or console? One day I'll have to get myself a PVR and make some decent little compilations ;)

I only got to watch the first couple of minutes but it was great!

Yeah chipped through ball, didn't notice that it was also volleyed till watching the replay, came together nicely :P

Back
Top Bottom