PES 2011 Master League Online beta Feedback thread

I always thought the matchmaking was simply ecause there are hardly any people playing. On tge last day there were 6 people in a D3 Competition, and about 12 doing quick matches. If there are odd inbred then unless you all finish at the same time people are going to end up replaying each other by default.

I know it won't happen but for question twelve I advised them to change the name, Master League Online is very misleading and gives the wrong impression.

Have they confirmed whether online leagues will be back for 2011?
They never said it's gone so I'd imagine it's still there.

My main point about the MLO was for someone who say bought the game a week later or 2 after release they are really going to be struggling to build a team up of any value due to the crazyness of the prices. We saw that only with a handful of beta testers the prices skyrocketed of certain players. Beckham for example was 2.7m at his lowest wehn i bought him and only 2 others owned him. At the end of the beta 21 people owned him and his market value soared to 4.9m!:SHOCK:

Now imagine the whole or europe america etc all buying him?! is there some kind of cap on his value due to age/form etc or simply by who has him? because it will make a pointless and very unhappy mode to play if you can't even buy a journeyman player without spending 3m plus for him.

I also felt the competition prize money was too generous. All someone had to do was play the game allday enter every competiton they could and bang! Even going out at the first stage gave you just under 2m. Silly amount of money gained very quickly and you find within a couple of days players have teams littered with Kaka, Pato, Messi etc and finding it all to easy against newer players who have lives and jobs.

Last edited:
hopefully they read through all of this :o
I doubt they will do it...

Normaly you only read through it and write down the core problems / suggestions and make a tally.

My main point about the MLO was for someone who say bought the game a week later or 2 after release they are really going to be struggling to build a team up of any value due to the crazyness of the prices. We saw that only with a handful of beta testers the prices skyrocketed of certain players. Beckham for example was 2.7m at his lowest wehn i bought him and only 2 others owned him. At the end of the beta 21 people owned him and his market value soared to 4.9m!:SHOCK:

Now imagine the whole or europe america etc all buying him?! is there some kind of cap on his value due to age/form etc or simply by who has him? because it will make a pointless and very unhappy mode to play if you can't even buy a journeyman player without spending 3m plus for him.

I also felt the competition prize money was too generous. All someone had to do was play the game allday enter every competiton they could and bang! Even going out at the first stage gave you just under 2m. Silly amount of money gained very quickly and you find within a couple of days players have teams littered with Kaka, Pato, Messi etc and finding it all to easy against newer players who have lives and jobs.

Amen, I gave exactly the same feedback.

Oh boy, I'm so missing my football fix . :(

Here is a cracking left foot volley caught as sweet as you like by Luque's trusty left peg. I only saw a couple of these in over 140 games and this was the only one that hit the target. Some dirty prick fouled me from behind in my own half, I sent my big defenders forward and managed to pick out Digao with a 3/4 power high pass. He flicks it square. Luque connects, and that was all she wrote. I love the keepers reaction, he doesnt even see it till it hits the net, rooted good and proper. And the defender almost gets his head taken clean off attempting to head it clear, but misjudges the distance. Class. Talk about justice served. :)

I managed to suss out this Iphone app for this one. Now I'm Steven Spielberg. :CONFUSE:

YouTube - Luque Volley

Also, did anyone else notice your goalkeeper comes up for a last minute corner if your losing or drawing ? I'm glad thats back.

Last edited:
Also, did anyone else notice your goalkeeper comes up for a last minute corner if your losing or drawing ? I'm glad thats back.

I meant to mention that:WORSHIP: I could barely contain myself when i saw it. I thought about waking up the wife to tell her but thought she wouldn't approve:JAY:

I'm glad i really enjoyed when that was in. You felt compelled to pass to him!!

Hopefully the first of many comeback into PES(positive ones)

How would you fix the issue for latecomers though? Do you have some sort of coefficient for starting budgets? I do think prices will drive people out of the top players even if they buy them cheap. It's people starting around February or beyond that I worry about.

Re: Re: PES 2011 Master League Online beta Feedback thread

How would you fix the issue for latecomers though? Do you have some sort of coefficient for starting budgets? I do think prices will drive people out of the top players even if they buy them cheap. It's people starting around February or beyond that I worry about.

The thing with that is That there is no good way to fix it. Any online game if you get in a few months late you are going to be way behind look at fps for example

I'll not be worrying Rom, fuck them, it's their own fault for missing the boat.

Jimmy that's a fooking sweet strike.

Yeah, clean as a whistle. And that's what happens when you catch a volley like that, bang slap in the middle of the balls sweetspot. It leaves your boot straight as a dye, and always with lots of pace, but sometimes too straight, thats when they end up down the keepers throat, if your central. Hence the phrase, 'He caught it too well'. Thankfully,he wasnt central, and the fact he got over the ball from the left, gave it that slight arc to the right, even though he caught the strike on the sweetspot. Technically, that representation is flawless. Clever stuff, very clever stuff.

I think the suggestion Zee made a few posts back could be the answer this. Basically there should be a squad value cap for each division. So for instance the maximum squad value for Division 5 could be something like £20m or maybe even less. When you get promoted to Division 4 your squad value cap rises to £30m, Division 3 £50m, and so on. If you get relegated then you have to sell players to make sure your squad value falls below the cap. This would stop people amassing superstar teams in Division 5 where new players will start, therefore giving them a fighting chance even if they enter the MLO a few months down the line.

While its an interesting one and could well work, I think Zee's idea throws up it's own problems - what if you sign someone who brings you up to the limit but they then get more popular and that tips you over the edge? Is that fair? What about teams who get bumped down a division - should they be hacked up and the team in question put in a position where their team of 16 players (who meet the division cap precisely) be forced to reset their team because they can't sell and can't buy? Also is it fair on a promoted side to enter a league whee every team is going to be, say, £30m better? Or will they just yo-yo up and down, earning loads of money but not being able to spend it? Not saying there are definitive answers to these; just that a simple idea like Zee's can have massive side effects on how the game plays out.

Personally I see squad vs player reputation as being the key (no enforced exodus, but instead applying a form stat penalty to represent demotivation) as well as getting the competition prize money vs player upkeep as finely balanced as possible to force people to sell. Maybe there should be diminishing returns on competitions as you play more in a day (though that'd be unfair on a poor team who overcome the odds to win a Cup).

Sadly I don't see an easy way around this issue other than trial and error - the beta was far too sparsely populated to really judge things definitively.

Last edited:

well my MLO system hasn't got this problem because of the league structure that is set according to matches played. Another point is that players only last 20 games (20 games contract). So top players also have to manage to buy their players all over again or look for others.

Oh and what about making a Evo-Web PES MLO MAFIA. We all buy 1 cheap player along the day. After that day all sell them. The first 50 make very very good money, the others will still make money and the last ones won't lose any money. Just tell them all to sell at 2:00PM CET for example... or everyone just make a 2. team, sell all players and than buy this player to increase the value. And than sell it on your 1. team, where you did buy him before for low prices

Last edited:
Well the beta has totally fooked up my gaming for a few weeks as i tried to play PES10 & Fifa10 and it is just not possible. The beta players played like the real deal,Fellaini ran dribbled and tackled like him and jack Wiltshere had that close control and good pass, he even had that bow legged running style. Very good likeness. Demo hurry please as my football games are on the shelf.

While its an interesting one and could well work, I think Zee's idea throws up it's own problems - what if you sign someone who brings you up to the limit but they then get more popular and that tips you over the edge? Is that fair? What about teams who get bumped down a division - should they be hacked up and the team in question put in a position where their team of 16 players (who meet the division cap precisely) be forced to reset their team because they can't sell and can't buy? Also is it fair on a promoted side to enter a league whee every team is going to be, say, £30m better? Or will they just yo-yo up and down, earning loads of money but not being able to spend it? Not saying there are definitive answers to these; just that a simple idea like Zee's can have massive side effects on how the game plays out.

Personally I see squad vs player reputation as being the key (no enforced exodus, but instead applying a form stat penalty to represent demotivation) as well as getting the competition prize money vs player upkeep as finely balanced as possible to force people to sell. Maybe there should be diminishing returns on competitions as you play more in a day (though that'd be unfair on a poor team who overcome the odds to win a Cup).

Sadly I don't see an easy way around this issue other than trial and error - the beta was far too sparsely populated to really judge things definitively.

I say yes if you are over budget you have to sell and work your way to promotion or maybe loan the player out in a way making him unavailable until you have the funds or are in the correct division to afford such a player. This way people will be forced to sell and buy. Sure it can be deemed "unfair" but how fair is it playing with a backline of Baumann, Geirsen, Ruskin and Elmoubarki against Messi, Cronaldo and Ibrahimovic?

Maybe getting promoted means additional funds to buy a few key players and increase in the value of your players so that you can sell them to buy new ones. in other words Castolo is worth $345,000 but if you are promoted with him in your team he is worth $600,000 that way you won't be too far behind the pack when you get promotion who btw also still have limited funds but more than previously. Its a very delicate balance and will as you say require serious testing and trial and error.

my suggestion to solve the transfers issue...is fixed transfer budgets determined by division.

So in D5 your budget is 30mill...then as you go up it increases. This ensures that teams are more evenly ballanced and there are not huge gaps between quality of opposition.

Heavy penalties for selling players on unless they are performing well. This will never be implemented but atm the ML online will die in the first month if they do not address the money/transfer value issues.

While its an interesting one and could well work, I think Zee's idea throws up it's own problems - what if you sign someone who brings you up to the limit but they then get more popular and that tips you over the edge? Is that fair?

Good point.

Instead of a squad value cap perhaps it could be done on a player rating basis? Either your team must fall below an average player rating value or a cumulative one depending on division.

Well the beta has totally fooked up my gaming for a few weeks as i tried to play PES10 & Fifa10 and it is just not possible. The beta players played like the real deal,Fellaini ran dribbled and tackled like him and jack Wiltshere had that close control and good pass, he even had that bow legged running style. Very good likeness. Demo hurry please as my football games are on the shelf.

A-fooking-men !!

Good point.

Instead of a squad value cap perhaps it could be done on a player rating basis? Either your team must fall below an average player rating value or a cumulative one depending on division.

Personally I just think precise limits on OVRs or squad sizes are too rigid and isn't based on reality. You'll still be trapping people who have squads of 16 and don't meet the requirements (I don't know why you can't trade players tbh to avoid this problem - it's why Duric as the worst and therefore cheapest player in the game was so popular). But even if you work around that, it's still an artificial fix.

When big teams get relegated they don't sell up because they aren't allowed to keep the players, but because the player wants to leave (which is why a form penalty would make sense) and/or the team can't afford to keep them - which is why the prize money vs entrance fees is what needs to be used to balance things, not random squad limits of other sorts.

I guess nobody agrees that the problem will be greatly improved when there are far, far more people playing the game. The current model they've designed will be intended for far greater numbers. It's an economy after all - you don't design it to suit playing with 500 people, you aim it at the full population and tweak from there.

Back
Top Bottom