PC PES 2011 [Full Game] Feedback

I've downloaded PES edit patch. I'm now having trouble.

Basically i want to use the same camera angle i used in the demo. Unfortunately i can't get it to show in game. It looks like it saves ok but when i kick off in game the camera reverts to the default wide cam which isn't what i want.

Any ideas?

Are you definitely saving over/using the right PES2011.exe? :P

Started a BAL for the first time ever (I played little PES2010 and never played the other 2 'next gen games') today as a DMF for Wigan, but they've been playing me as a fricking SB, I hate it.

The mode's great though, I love the team talk and the orders given by the coach, I'm going to install PESEdit 0.2 Patch and start all over again, maybe as CM or AM, to see if I can avoid being played as SB.

yes i find that it is a bit less responsive but the no disc exe is not a factor

Aha, the no disc thing was just something stupid i did wrong when trying to use the camera tweak.

I think maybe the unresponsiveness comes from the increase in game speed. Some of the animations looks a bit worse and rushed which is odd. Other than that, i'm loving the game.

BTW, if anyone is still having a "jagged edge" problem around the outline of players, or on the goalposts, i found a nice little fix.

In ATI control centre, there is an option in 3d, under AA to tick 'use application settings'. It fixes it. The problem is PES and ATI both try to Anti-Aliase the game. So this option leaves it to PES to do it.

Aha, the no disc thing was just something stupid i did wrong when trying to use the camera tweak.

I think maybe the unresponsiveness comes from the increase in game speed. Some of the animations looks a bit worse and rushed which is odd. Other than that, i'm loving the game.

BTW, if anyone is still having a "jagged edge" problem around the outline of players, or on the goalposts, i found a nice little fix.

In ATI control centre, there is an option in 3d, under AA to tick 'use application settings'. It fixes it. The problem is PES and ATI both try to Anti-Aliase the game. So this option leaves it to PES to do it.

does the interface grahic settings have the "application controlled" feature? im using an nvidia card im not that familiur with ati settngs

community online MODE!!

5061081342_dd1e5c53e3_z.jpg

5060472721_6a460772de_z.jpg

5060474321_3f4bf61f12_z.jpg

Now for some in game pics:

5060467593_3b3d70d97d_z.jpg

5061076478_3e2bae8576_z.jpg

My MLO team :)

5061071900_56f20d4469_z.jpg

some more random pics:

5061052770_5ea22a51a4_z.jpg

5060433435_8a0edb1dd3_z.jpg

5061058410_6118c92e0b_z.jpg

CHeck out the PESEdit patch.

Thanks but has this updated the premier league kits and names?

Also the file host they have means you can only download one part of it, then you have to wait an hour or two. does anyone have alternative links for pes edit patch 0.2?

Thanks but has this updated the premier league kits and names?

Also the file host they have means you can only download one part of it, then you have to wait an hour or two. does anyone have alternative links for pes edit patch 0.2?

Have a look @ mysoccerpatc*. Dont forget to download 0.2 fix from pesedit since i thought mysoccerpatc* dont include it.. cheers

im playin on +2 speed what speed is everyone else on?

Jesus dude!!! I've got the same set up as you and you're playing +2!!!! You have to be on drugs! 0 is just about ok - a bit fast when playing with players such as Arshavin but I can deal with the fact that at the end of the day this isnt real football. It's a profound computer simulation of football...ok

On another point, how can you truly play the '360' game using the keyboard? I'm dumbfounded!!!

Btw, thanks for the Nvidia settings! they really helped a lot! ;)

Jesus dude!!! I've got the same set up as you and you're playing +2!!!! You have to be on drugs! 0 is just about ok - a bit fast when playing with players such as Arshavin but I can deal with the fact that at the end of the day this isnt real football. It's a profound computer simulation of football...ok

On another point, how can you truly play the '360' game using the keyboard? I'm dumbfounded!!!

Btw, thanks for the Nvidia settings! they really helped a lot! ;)

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK DUDE :) HEHE I'v just got my self a 360 controller yesterday, iv found the going gets tough with the keyboard and with pes 2011 the dribbling is harder to do on keyboard thats why the switch over was necessary for me for the first time, :) yes the game has come a long way it's more simulative than ever before, cheers dude im still working on other ways to reduce any lags and some minor bugs hopefully will be solved

what's up with the stamina in this game???

by the start of the second half everybody is gassed...

why do you have to go to penalties if a match finishes draw? Even i have enabled extra time and disabled penalties? Can someone help me?

I'm playing BAL, as AMF for Heracles Almelo, and that goddamn manager keeps changing our positions and tactics, I can't even settle at a particular position, one match is right AMF, the next one is left AMF, next one he changes our formation into a single centered AMF.

Apparently players are getting to know me, or at least our captain told me something like that when the last match ended. I hope things improve, 'cause we suck right now.

And last night I managed to SCORE A FREEKICK from around 32m, went to Windows mode, took a few screenshots, and my computer crashes, so it's like that match/goal never happened :( :(

Gosh, I really like the general gameplay. The pace of the game could be slowed a tab, but this can depend on graphics settings, and of course Kitserver.

However, really let down by the shooting...its terrible, some of the animations, it just doesnt look natural. I never really fell in control of the power or direction. Bring back the shooting from PES2010 and you're onto a winner.

Pretty frustrating that you cant buy players from nations like UAE in ML. Does that have something to do with licences? In some of the previous games you could by players "other" players, players not committed to any club, but still possible to buy. I really miss this, and it makes the ML a little less entertaining. Youll end up buying the same players every time.

Alrighty, put in c. 15 full matches over the weekend, all playing as Man United v various opponents in exhibition mode (waiting for good patches before embarking on an ML). Initial thoughts:

Graphics
No real complaints. Not as polished or ‘realistic’ as FIFA but certainly not a problem. I like that you can tell which player is which by the way they move, and faces are superb

Sound
Awful, awful awful commentary. I immediately turn it off. Cannot believe they still haven’t found the time to work on this. Not a big deal, but still.

Gameplay
The important bit. Good things first:
- Passing is brilliant. You really can put it wherever you want, plus you can really tell who is passing the ball. If I’ve got Scholes on the ball, I might try a tough lobbed pass out to the wings, but not if it’s Fletcher. They’ve really nailed it.
- Shooting…is okay. Seems quite floaty to me in the normal camera mode, but then in replays looks fine. I rarely have enough time to really put the foot through it, but have seen one or two crackers.
- Defending – soooo much better than FIFA. You really have to think about when to make a challenge or bring pressure, because the computer will use the space to punish you.
- Free kicks – Feel wonderful, and have scored a 38-yarder off the underside of the crossbar…mmmmm…

The bad bits
- Defender catch up – Is utterly ridiculous. I’m waiting for someone to come up with an OF editor that enables me to blanket change stats, because it is just stupid. I’ll beat the offside trap with someone like Hernandez and he’ll still get caught by a lumbering Stoke defender before I can get to the penalty area. It’s almost farcical how slow the player with the ball is. It stops you from being punished for making defensive errors too.
- Player select ‘bug’ – still happens when your player miscontrols or the ball bobbles and you get stuck controlling one player and can’t change to the one who is standing an inch from the ball
- Player select is too slow – If you whip in a low cross I find the best strategy is to just let the computer try and shoot. Because trying to select the player yourself takes too long and invariably ends up with him just standing there is it bobbles off his shin pads
- Player runs – They’re stupid. Improved a bit using game plan, but still…you’ll be breaking down the middle in a 3 on 2 with attackers left and right of you and then one will suddenly stop, and jog back to the halfway line. Infuriating. Almost worse when you’ve created space down the wing and look up to see your forwards standing still outside the box. My memory of PES 6 is that this wasn’t a problem.
- Dribbling – I don’t get it. I’ve never been a big fan of feints in these games, with the belief that I should be okay to just jink my way around and use changes of direction with the better dribblers. However in 2011 I cannot seem to manage this. The defender accelerates faster than the attacker, so even if I shift away from them, they just catch up in the next step.

Like I said, haven’t gotten much into game modes, but so far so good I think. Any advice on the ‘bad bits’ would be very welcome, I feel like some of it is just me being away from PES for a few years. Overall it’s way more fun than FIFA was last year, and that’s good enough for me.

Alrighty, put in c. 15 full matches over the weekend, all playing as Man United v various opponents in exhibition mode (waiting for good patches before embarking on an ML). Initial thoughts:

Graphics
No real complaints. Not as polished or ‘realistic’ as FIFA but certainly not a problem. I like that you can tell which player is which by the way they move, and faces are superb

Sound
Awful, awful awful commentary. I immediately turn it off. Cannot believe they still haven’t found the time to work on this. Not a big deal, but still.

Gameplay
- Passing is brilliant. You really can put it wherever you want, plus you can really tell who is passing the ball. If I’ve got Scholes on the ball, I might try a tough lobbed pass out to the wings, but not if it’s Fletcher. They’ve really nailed it.
- Shooting…is okay. Seems quite floaty to me in the normal camera mode, but then in replays looks fine. I rarely have enough time to really put the foot through it, but have seen one or two crackers.
- Defending – soooo much better than FIFA. You really have to think about when to make a challenge or bring pressure, because the computer will use the space to punish you.
- Free kicks – Feel wonderful, and have scored a 38-yarder off the underside of the crossbar…mmmmm…

The bad bits
- Defender catch up – Is utterly ridiculous. I’m waiting for someone to come up with an OF editor that enables me to blanket change stats, because it is just stupid. I’ll beat the offside trap with someone like Hernandez and he’ll still get caught by a lumbering Stoke defender before I can get to the penalty area. It’s almost farcical how slow the player with the ball is. It stops you from being punished for making defensive errors too.
- Player select ‘bug’ – still happens when your player miscontrols or the ball bobbles and you get stuck controlling one player and can’t change to the one who is standing an inch from the ball
- Player select is too slow – If you whip in a low cross I find the best strategy is to just let the computer try and shoot. Because trying to select the player yourself takes too long and invariably ends up with him just standing there is it bobbles off his shin pads
- Player runs – They’re stupid. Improved a bit using game plan, but still…you’ll be breaking down the middle in a 3 on 2 with attackers left and right of you and then one will suddenly stop, and jog back to the halfway line. Infuriating. Almost worse when you’ve created space down the wing and look up to see your forwards standing still outside the box. My memory of PES 6 is that this wasn’t a problem.
- Dribbling – I don’t get it. I’ve never been a big fan of feints in these games, with the belief that I should be okay to just jink my way around and use changes of direction with the better dribblers. However in 2011 I cannot seem to manage this. The defender accelerates faster than the attacker, so even if I shift away from them, they just catch up in the next step.

Like I said, haven’t gotten much into game modes, but so far so good I think. Any advice on the ‘bad bits’ would be very welcome, I feel like some of it is just me being away from PES for a few years. Overall it’s way more fun than FIFA was last year, and that’s good enough for me.

I think you've pretty much touched on most people's concerns about the game. For the most part, it's very addictive and very enjoyable. It's easily the best PES imo. Just wish the few bugs could be ironed out.

The biggest problem is the switching. Defensively it has cost me a lot of goals, and offensively i have missed easy chances because the player switch has taken too long.

Graphics

Sound

Gameplay

The bad bits

Some good points there... but a bit of advice (if you didnt know).

1) Defender catch up. Use the multiple dash press technique (its in the manual) - instead of holding dash down, tap it 2-3x and your player knocks the ball further ahead. It means a great chance of losing control, but you run faster. I rarely get caught using this method.

2) Dribbling. Use 'close control' (L2) and mix it up. L2 on, jink left right, L2 off, jink left, L2 on jink right etc - use that with your feints and also the 'stop' control (R2) where a player traps the ball at a standstill, you can pretty easily beat defenders.

Hope that helps!

Short: This is the best PES since PES5. I really like the game.

But why can't they ever include replays to the penalty shootout... it goes way too fast as usual, almost like an arcade game. Is this too much to ask? :RANT:

had the game minimised in the task bar, gone into the game but forgot to enable the sound again via sound mixer windows
so gone out via alt+esc, enabled sound, back into game
and boom gamespeed fast as FUCK
even at wembley stadium + vsync thats how i play the game

no wonder online is a mess
even offline same settings gamespeed varies
:HAND:

had the game minimised in the task bar, gone into the game but forgot to enable the sound again via sound mixer windows
so gone out via alt+esc, enabled sound, back into game
and boom gamespeed fast as FUCK
even at wembley stadium + vsync thats how i play the game

no wonder online is a mess
even offline same settings gamespeed varies
:HAND:

can't wait for a fix soon or later konami will bring out a patch

they must fix the speed settings they must 0 is not the default speed it is the zombie speed what the hell are those players just doing on 0 ??? i dont understand why the speed settings, strangely 3 is the real default setting and 1 and 0 is just not pes, when i look at the players movements on 0 it sais to me i cant be f**** to play soccer this must be fixed

what about the "bug" that a player get the ball, and he "stuck" for
2 seconds before he start to running fast... i though konami DLC
would fix it.

the online is even worser then pes2010 and every year i buy the game and still i hope they fix it,its still a false hope stop this lagg konami i never played a game with that much lagg sorry i did once it was pes 2010 but 2011 is worserrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Back
Top Bottom