PC PES 2011 [Full Game] Feedback

I think the "new generation" of PES has improved with each release. 2008 was terrible... 2009 was semi-terrible... 2010 was hmmh... well, ok and 2011 is actually a good game.

I've been playing this series since the day one, and I never thought I'd see better football game than PES5 again, but this is the first time in what... 5-6 years when I'm not sure if I ever go back to that old game classic again.

PES2011 gets better every day... the more I play, the more I appreciate this game.

The passing engine felt really weird at first but it's great after you get used to it. Finally we have goalies who don't act like they've been sniffing glue for the last 20 years. Finally we have a good, fair and challenging shooting engine. I even like the penalties (although it took a lot of practice to understand how they work). For me the most difficult thing to figure out was the goalie in the PK...

I was excepting this game to be a disappointment... I was really cynical... I was ready to trash it just like all PES games after PES5 (PES6 was still good)... but this is a tremendous improvement. Huge.

There are lots of things that you can still complain about... like the too fast-paced PK... lack of replays in PK... too few fouls whistled.... referee strictness can't be adjusted, etc... but for the first time since PES6 the "spirit" is back. That's something you can't even measure with common sense... it's simply there... and I'm addicted.

PS: I have found out that the game improves even more when you reduce the agility, shot accuracy and speed globally by 20-30 units. Defending gets a bit easier and most important, the arcadeish gamespeed comes down to more realistic level.

PC version after patch

Still very poor game play.

Too much lag still,players do not respond to controller,player cursor change is terrible.Crossing is the worst its ever been.

Feels nothing like a game of football whatsoever.A load of idiots running around a pitch.Konami should be ashamed of themselves for producing such a poor game

PC version after patch

Still very poor game play.

Too much lag still,players do not respond to controller,player cursor change is terrible.Crossing is the worst its ever been.

Feels nothing like a game of football whatsoever.A load of idiots running around a pitch.Konami should be ashamed of themselves for producing such a poor game
+1
PES 2011 is one of the worst PESs ever !

Pes 2011 is the worst ever version. I never feel like i am in control properly. Crossing is terrible, heading is terrible, shooting is terrible, passing is terrible, responsiveness of palyers is terrible. The team setup menu's are terrible.

I hate the camera angles. I hate the player animations that means it takes 2 seconds to get hold of a lose ball. ONline is appalling, with no resposivness at all.

I cant think of 1 thing that is good about this game.

I have been playing pes since pes3, and I have no idea how this game works. It is a pathetic excuse for a football game, and the last pes i will ever be buying. There is not 1 GOOD football game available on the market. The first company to make one will make a killing as Pes and fifa are both shite.

Right i feel better now!!

Same here.
A defender frees the ball from the box to the opposing goalkeeper. This is not simulation.A player strikes the ball with his foot up unnaturally, which goes to 180 degrees.The way it moves and when that player passes, is not like in reality or even not like in PES 2010.
Now i am playing PES 2010, which if it had improved passing system, we would have expected the game.

How do you guys deal with the AI anticipating your next move when you move the stick before your player actually moves?! It is so stupid to turn to a direction just to find the AI player waiting for you to take the ball!!!

I am new on the forum butt not new with PES.
I had PES 5 and 6 and found it great games.
Now I bought PES 2011. But my question is, is it possible to play a game and control the 11 players like in the previous games. Because now I can only play with 1 guy.
Is it in option I have to change, or is it new in the game.

been playing PES 2011 since release. I now find the gameplay boring. PES6 (PES7 patched) is much more fun. Back to PES6 for me.

I am new on the forum butt not new with PES.
I had PES 5 and 6 and found it great games.
Now I bought PES 2011. But my question is, is it possible to play a game and control the 11 players like in the previous games. Because now I can only play with 1 guy.
Is it in option I have to change, or is it new in the game.
Are you playing BAL mate ?

stop complain, i returned to pes 6 a few times since pes 08 came out..
what can i say..
since pes 010 i cant go back, feels out of date..old.. gameplay i mean

be happy if u still like it :))

OT
the hidden scripting and cheating sometimes or some whole days is holding me of to enjoy the game w/o the wtf moments

last day i had the idea to try fifa again, but the pressing was so damn OFF

im still playing pes, online only but the space where u can have fun is so small (mainly 2v2 with good mate)
still sometimes noobs take the konami assistence gladly and win in a way its beyond evil..

i honestlu don't know what to play now i really thought that i would enjoy pes 2011, i was mistaken the more i try to play the more frustrated i get, im just gona try out this we9le who knows maybe it's just me

Pes 2011 is absolutely brutal defence wise. I think that's why a lot of people are finding it so off putting.

The cpu team will do absolutely everything to prevent you scoring, hence at least 7 players in the box when you attack, at least 3 players surrounding you when you try a run down the wing and of course not forgetting the almost physic sliding tackle that's always perfectley executed.

And when you do score the cpu team still defends for it's life, instead of going for an equaliser!

In saying that I am enjoying the challenge as scoring is now a lot more difficult and it feels more rewarding when you do win.

Agree but its easier to lob a long ball over the top in those situations
or attack from the wings and throw in crosses.
When those defenders are blocking you out,try a few trick combos in the box,
you may just get a penalty.
It takes a bit of tactical planning to break some teams down.

Seems to me that the more I play 2011, the more frustrated I get. As mentioned a million times by others, the computer cheats like fuck!! It never gets yellow or red cards with the same frequency I do, all it's players are as quick as Ronaldo even if their stats are really low (plus they're as strong as fuck aswell.

Can someone tell me how to get players in the box when getting into crossing positions 'cause my lads prefer to hang about on the edge of the fucking box. Bring back 2009 crossing - at least it was consistent.

Do like the new penalties though.

seems like there is something wrong with your formation (positions being not balanced to each other, which is very important)

make a screenshot of your formation, with the positions being showed

ill look into that :)

Seems to me that the more I play 2011, the more frustrated I get. As mentioned a million times by others, the computer cheats like fuck!! It never gets yellow or red cards with the same frequency I do, all it's players are as quick as Ronaldo even if their stats are really low (plus they're as strong as fuck aswell.

Can someone tell me how to get players in the box when getting into crossing positions 'cause my lads prefer to hang about on the edge of the fucking box. Bring back 2009 crossing - at least it was consistent.

Do like the new penalties though.

This is a massive problem. Strikers always seem to hang around outside or on the edge of the box instead of getting in there. This game has huge problems with player positioning. Full backs always wandering into strikers position, strikers dropping really deep when they shouldn't be and more. Also the runs need to be sorted. I counted a few times yesterday where my winger had the ball near the touchline so I turned back expecting support from my right-back, but where was he? Making runs into the penalty area while the strikers are outside the box! This happens much to often and really needs to be sorted tbh...

typical complaints mainly from long year fifa players..
(in my experience)

the amount of this issues can be massively reduced with a good tactic

since 010 this is a big part of pes

typical complaints mainly from long year fifa players..
(in my experience)

the amount of this issues can be massively reduced with a good tactic

since 010 this is a big part of pes

I haven't played FIFA since 98 and only had a few games of FIFA11 this year. I've always been a massive PES fan.

Mind sharing some of the tactics you use to stop the stupid runs and players wandering out of position then? At least in PES2010 the players stuck to thier positions but no matter what I change in the tactics this year, they still move to stupid places.

positioning of the players on the pitch, simple as that

but u cant do that just as u wish, u need a certain football background for that

post your formation here too, i will tell u what to do
or pm me

tactic1.png

Player Support - 13
Support Range - 10
Position Switch - 0
Attacking Style - 6
Pressing - 10
Defensive Line - 9
Compactness - 10

That would be the general formation I would start the match with. Obviously I would be changing settings depending on how the match is going...

If you can tell me how to stop Simpson and Jose Enrique from playing as Centre Forwards and get Carroll and Ameobi in the box for crosses then you would be doing me a massive favour!

I would put Guttierez,Ameobi and Carroll on the edge of the penalty area,or maybe Carroll on the penalty spot area.

And I would shove Barton higher up the right flank.

Try moving a few slightly and notice if their rating improves by it.

Just my opinion.

ill look into it, i need to check the players stats and what positions they can play and stuff, takes some time
i make another formation for a online mate so im quite busy :p

edit
here are my first thoughts

eledg7.jpg

same roles as in your pic (CF..)
i tried to change as less as possible, its your preferred players/formation/playstyle etc. so its basically positioning of the players and small changes

ask me if u want about it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom