PES 2010 360/PS3 Demo Feedback

Is anyone else annoyed by the manual switching? It sometimes takes up to 8 tries for me to switch to the player I want, which really isn't helpful when you're defending a counter attack for example. It definitely wasn't this bad in the previous PES games. :(

I think that has probably got to do with the response times in the demo.

I H8 that response ....

:THINK: Guys ,I gave a chance of the demo.Any old fan of the series will understand what I mean . Just that response can kill the game for me .This is not PES... that is like to play PES 6 , online , whit very bad Host !Yes ,it's terrible, all know that !
I do not care how many new animations have, how many new tricks as there are so nasty response.
I'm ISS/WE/PES fan since 96 , but that it can withhold me from the game .
This is not PES .:II

Last edited:
Is anyone else annoyed by the manual switching? It sometimes takes up to 8 tries for me to switch to the player I want, which really isn't helpful when you're defending a counter attack for example. It definitely wasn't this bad in the previous PES games. :(

I think that has probably got to do with the response times in the demo.

Did you guys switch the cursor settings to semi-assisted? I don't have a problem with player switching at all on these settings.

Re: I H8 that response ....

:THINK: Guys ,I gave a chance of the demo.Any old fan of the series will understand what I mean . Just that response can kill a game for me .This is not PES... that is like to play PES 6 , online , whit very bad Host !Yes ,it's terrible, all know that !
I do not care how many new animations have, how many new tricks as there are so nasty response.
I'm ISS/WE/PES fan since 96 , but that it can withhold me from the game .
This is not PES .:II

Agree response time in Pes 2010 kill this game.I hope that in final version Konami fix this problem.

Did you guys switch the cursor settings to semi-assisted? I don't have a problem with player switching at all on these settings.

I'm on the PC demo, using semi-assisted(un-assisted seemed more assisted to me):p.

But there are some niggles where you want to pass the ball and you have to press twice(I'm sure its not because of the players completing his animation or that kind of stuff).

I think its got to do with playing at different resolutions(since some people pointed out that changing to 720p improved their response times). I'm playing at 1920x1080(LCD) and I find the response poorer than on my mates PC, 1280x1024 on CRT. Probably has to do with optimization.

Just hope they sort it out. :)

I'm on the PC demo, using semi-assisted(un-assisted seemed more assisted to me):p.

But there are some niggles where you want to pass the ball and you have to press twice(I'm sure its not because of the players completing his animation or that kind of stuff).

I think its got to do with playing at different resolutions(since some people pointed out that changing to 720p improved their response times). I'm playing at 1920x1080(LCD) and I find the response poorer than on my mates PC, 1280x1024 on CRT. Probably has to do with optimization.

I seem to be the only one who is not having response problems.

Any old fan of the series will understand what I mean . Just that response can kill a game for me

Agreed to an extent.

But its the 1st time shots and the lack of response in shooting thats killing me now. And this is a gamebreaker as far as I'm concerned.

Unassisted more assisted? You literally have to hit LB every time to switch to a player! It must be your setup that's giving you the response issues. I switched controllers (from a Logitech Rumblepad 2 to my PS3 controller) and put my resolution down until it I was satisfied.

Overall, I don't have a lot of issues with passing/shooting/crossing, my main issues with the response times are to do with running the ball out of play, stopping suddenly (but with the momentum of the player I can understand why) and performing tricks. I think a lot of people's issues with response times (and this isn't directed at you) are due to the fact that are so used to holding sprint all the time whilst performing these actions. I was guilty of this from the start, but now only use sprint on the wings or when I have a lot of space to slow down in time.

What i meant by unassisted being more assisted is due to the late response times. I find myself not being able to switch players quickly enough, and usually I find myself over-pressing the LB button and not changing to the player I want to. So it ends up being the CPU controlling my players during critical moments. :(

I don't think its my setup to blame, because every other game runs just fine, so its definitely a technical issue PES has to sort out.

I'm using 360 wireless controller(and I'm sure its not the controller's fault as I have tested using a PS2->USB pad as well).

cheers

Agreed to an extent.

But its the 1st time shots and the lack of response in shooting thats killing me now. And this is a gamebreaker as far as I'm concerned.

EXACTLY!!!! Look, if you want realism in that aspect, make my attempt at a 1st time shot be inaccurate or blocked, but don't make me take another touch if I hit shoot before the ball arrives to the player :RANT: This part of the game is broken, and just when I start feeling good about the demo, the game won't let Gerard hit a volley from a cleared corner... The lack of control that this game forces upon us borders on unacceptable.

EXACTLY!!!! Look, if you want realism in that aspect, make my attempt at a 1st time shot be inaccurate or blocked, but don't make me take another touch if I hit shoot before the ball arrives to the player :RANT: This part of the game is broken, and just when I start feeling good about the demo, the game won't let Gerard hit a volley from a cleared corner... The lack of control that this game forces upon us borders on unacceptable.

Spot on. It's ruining the game for me. Like you rightly say, let me hit the strike when I chose. If I mis-time the shot and it flys into Row Z, then so be it, just give me the option and I'll gladly take the consequences. If I want to take the ball under control before I shoot, then I will.

I must admit, I never thought I'd see the day that Konami would get this so tragically wrong, it's been their trademark, their genius, their bread and butter. I just cant enjoy the demo anymore because of this. And Im sick of trying to find an answer that isnt there. :RANT:

Spot on. It's ruining the game for me. Like you rightly say, let me hit the strike when I chose. If I mis-time the shot and it flys into Row Z, then so be it, just give me the option and I'll gladly take the consequences. If I want to take the ball under control before I shoot, then I will.

I must admit, I never thought I'd see the day that Konami would get this so tragically wrong, it's been their trademark, their genius, their bread and butter. I just cant enjoy the demo anymore because of this. And Im sick of trying to find an answer that isnt there. :RANT:

keepers are more of a concern for me jim

I've played the PC demo and can say the responses on there are much better. Played it on 720p on my plasma. Thing is I was playing it on medium settings. Maybe that is why? Didn't have problems like the shooting ones you mentioned. Mine were all working like I wanted them to.

I keep seeing WE10 posted here,but WE10 and WE2010 are different games,WE10 coming out several years ago,it was excellent and you could switch the kits.

me and some friends still enjoy the we demo. response time probs are rare but anoying. crowd reacts pretty good when u win the ball back in youre penalty area and other situations.. keepers are far more out (wich is a good representation of modern goalkeeping) but sometimes too far it seems. this needs a tad of fixing. while im playing on superstar only (semi-assisted) , every game unfolds so beautifull and real. like it. so much more i can point out (good and 'not that good') but posting huge text here by using the ps3 controller sucks big time. ;)

4 me, soccer finally arrived on ps3.

does everyone know that the WE demo is final code of pes (shit news enit)

dont believe me go and read front page of pesgaming.com

guy is a games tester and has got final code

As above, here's a summary of what pesgaming said:

Ok. The games ‘Winning Eleven 2010′ and ‘Pro Evolution Soccer 2010′ are exactly the same.
[Edit. The Winning Eleven demo is very representative of Pes 2010's final gameplay, and although there may be a few bugs in the demo, I noticed no bugs in the finished game. By 'final code' I mean that the WE 2010 demo is what you can expect from Pes 2010.]
I work as a games tester, and as such I’ve been fortunate enough to have tested both Pes and Fifa 2010. As I mentioned earlier, I cannot go into each game in full detail so I can’t do a review or anything close to it yet.
I will say however, that the final game is of much higher quality than the Pes 2010 demo – the goalkeepers are slightly improved, but definitely still prone to silly mistakes.
To reiterate; Pes 2010 and Winning Eleven 2010 are exactly the same. Winning Eleven is just the title for Japan. This is the final gameplay (posted by Rastroll in the comments section);

I've played the PC demo and can say the responses on there are much better. Played it on 720p on my plasma. Thing is I was playing it on medium settings. Maybe that is why? Didn't have problems like the shooting ones you mentioned. Mine were all working like I wanted them to.

Sorry to be a dumbarse but how did u run the PC Demo in 720p? :)

PC has resolution and aspect ratio settings. Try alternating between different resolutions and use the 4:3 ratio as people are reporting better response times with it.

the 720p thing is for the consoles only I think, correct me if I'm wrong.

PC has resolution and aspect ratio settings. Try alternating between different resolutions and use the 4:3 ratio as people are reporting better response times with it.

the 720p thing is for the consoles only I think, correct me if I'm wrong.

thats one of the reasons i decided to save money and get a ps3.

playin it feels even better. ppl, GET THE WE DEMO.

anyone with news ron the pseye and pes? gameface like feature would be nice. though not wanted badly cause the editor worked pretty good. cross video and audio chat will come by fw update soon, right?

thats one of the reasons i decided to save money and get a ps3.

True to an extent, using the console versions do save a lot of hassle compared to PC. But I enjoy tinkering about with any PC game, just until I can find the what I deem as the perfect setting. :p

I like the demo, huge improvement from 09 for me, might actually carry out a master league or something on this one haha!

Although, me and my mates can't grasp how to take a penalty, down the middle is the only way we go, otherwise it goes well over or wide... :S

hey, sometimes i cant set up the "talis man" card, i dunno why

i read the description text but its abstrusely written

oh and hi seppo, im land wo die milch die bächer runterfliest :D

EDIT:
i got it, i think
when u go to the talis man card there are the provided positions for it
but some players cant play those pos. and have the card, lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom