PES 2010 360/PS3 Demo Feedback

I have been thinking alot about the shooting in the PES 2010 demo and Konami's logic behind it. There is no doubt the game has returned to its simulation roots, but the theory behind the shooting has been puzzling me a little. In previous games, that natural physics of how the ball is struck is determined by an assortment of variables. Height of the ball, timing, balance, unpressured etc all had a realistic impact, and then the stats of the players added the artistic license.

Those variables are still in 2010, but the option to now be able to keep the ball drilled low when the ball in on the deck seems to be a deliberate added feature to the shooting that I havent experienced before in PES games. Or if I have, it was a long time ago, and I cant remember.

If the height of the ball is taken out of the equation, i.e the player is running and the ball isnt bouncing. Then a short press of the power is now initiating a low drive, from whatever distance. I can understand the theory behind this, as a low drive in real life is usually performed at a quicker pace. The reason is the technique used to get your head down over the ball to keep it low, means that for the most part your not glancing up to see whats on, and therefore it's more instinctive, quicker motion. Which I think is replicated by the shorter press on the shoot power bar.

Holding down the shoot button power bar now, ( if the variables are the same as pre-mentioned) now gives you the height for your shot. Which again, in real life, there is usually a slower exectution involved when your looking to lift the ball as you will tend to glance up before the strike. Your also are leaning back as opposed to leaning forward which also adds that split second extra in most cases. Usually because your deciding on which way to strike the ball. Instep, outstep, laces, and the position of the ball at which you connect to give it the height, dip, bend, swerve. These factors are less apparent or utilised on a low drive, in most cases, but not all.

So, I'm fine with those two theorys, I can buy into that as long as all the variables are equal.

The thing that I'm not getting is that even volleys seem to require the same button press. Which isnt right. You shouldnt need to hold down the shoot power bar to make a volley rise. You have the momentum in place already. I'm only mentioning this as I caught a volley last night, barely held the shoot power bar down and the volley stayed low. I would have expected, due to the height I caught the volley, the power shouldnt have been even in the equation as to whether the ball should rise. It should be down the variables and technique of the execution of the strike.

Anway, just a little gripe, hopefully that side of it is fixed. It just didnt sit true with me personally.

Thoughts anyone ?

I still cant stop playing the demo though, it's awesome, even with the bugs.

Last edited:
For the pc pes 2010 demo there is a time extender availible. Is there already someone who made such a great tool voor the PS3/XBO 360 platforms?

@ Jimmy,

Seems like they have used the F-game template. Still not sure of it tbh, the problem I have with it is when you are far out and want a Gerrard drive it feels "off" to only need to tap the button. Would prefer the lenght of the button press to determine power and forward or back on the stick/d-pad to determine height. For example if you only press up/down the ball would get it's power from the length of time the shoot button is held down whilst the ball height will be midrange. Same shot but pressing back would add lift. This combined with the "perfect" timing for individual players enables you to hit a top corner stunner. The stats for players will determine how "close to the edge" you can go with your power. Fifa has it for the penalties, depending on the player the 3rd bar enables the ball to go furthest towards the corner. I hit the 3rd bar with Iniesta and the ball went in off the post, same for Toure and the ball went wide. Im sure it used to be like that in the older pes'.

Guys, I need your help. I had a PSN account from Turkey and I could not access PlayStation Store with that account. After that, I created a new account from US and after that I could access PlayStation Store. But, when i looked for PES 2010 demo at PS Store, I could not find it. As WENB said, I made a search with these keyword "PES 2010" but still there is nothing. Can anybody help me for it? I downloaded FIFA 10 demo without no problem.

Guys, I need your help. I had a PSN account from Turkey and I could not access PlayStation Store with that account. After that, I created a new account from US and after that I could access PlayStation Store. But, when i looked for PES 2010 demo at PS Store, I could not find it. As WENB said, I made a search with these keyword "PES 2010" but still there is nothing. Can anybody help me for it? I downloaded FIFA 10 demo without no problem.

I think is better to make a UK account. It's definitely in the PS Store.

Last edited:
I hope it's the case that the WE2010 demo is a more refined build than the PES2010 demo, and not that Konami are creating a superior product for their home market. Again.

Its not out on the US account mate. Get it off the UK account.

Been playing the WE2010 demo and its much better than PES2010 demo which I really like. For me its faster but it intergrates the animations better and there are literally no bugs/glitches to say the least .
I think the increase in speed slightly has really helped iron out the response times and animation problems. If PES2010 is improved like this what a game it will be.

Absolutely loving it 23rd Oct cant come enough for me.

My quick thoughts:

I'm having a lot of the same problems that most of you seem to be having with the demo, namely input/animation delay causing a lack of responsiveness and some general glitchiness all over the pitch although mostly with the goalkeepers... but I haven't read anyone having the problems I'm having with crossing, namely that it is far too easy to score on an early cross.

I'm now abusing it and winning demo games 5/6-0 over and over and I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this. Just create any sort of break down a sideline (pass around the back, long pass from one fullback to the other, throughball down the sideline to the winger... same as always) and then hit a normal L1 early cross right before getting to the 18 yard box and you are almost guaranteed either 1. a direct goal, or 2. the AI doing some weird trap/clearance that will result in an easy shot off a simple turnover.

I hope this gets sorted by the release as this has taken all challenge out of the game for me. I would hope that the other main problems (poor responsiveness and random glitches) can be fixed by release... they seem the sort of things that can be worked out. But I don't know if the crosses can be fixed in a few weeks or not, anyone experiencing the same thing?

opinion still divided then!!!

Personally, i still think it's great, more than a challenge for someone with my abilities:CONFUSE:

Anyway can anyone state if WE10 is next gen, is it available on PC and can it be patched.

Thanks

@ Jimmy,

Seems like they have used the F-game template. Still not sure of it tbh, the problem I have with it is when you are far out and want a Gerrard drive it feels "off" to only need to tap the button. Would prefer the lenght of the button press to determine power and forward or back on the stick/d-pad to determine height. For example if you only press up/down the ball would get it's power from the length of time the shoot button is held down whilst the ball height will be midrange. Same shot but pressing back would add lift. This combined with the "perfect" timing for individual players enables you to hit a top corner stunner. The stats for players will determine how "close to the edge" you can go with your power. Fifa has it for the penalties, depending on the player the 3rd bar enables the ball to go furthest towards the corner. I hit the 3rd bar with Iniesta and the ball went in off the post, same for Toure and the ball went wide. Im sure it used to be like that in the older pes'.

Thats not a bad idea mate to be honest. I'm still a little undecided with certain aspects of the shooting, I'm just not totally feeling it.

Anyway can anyone state if WE10 is next gen, is it available on PC and can it be patched.

It is Next Gen mate. There is no PC option as far as I'm aware. And to be honest I played 3 games last night on the WE10 demo and couldnt feel any difference from PES 2010 personally.

played pes2010 and we10 demo's

i personally think we10 feels a little too fast, i like how playing pes2010 feels

true there are fewers glitches in we10, but only managed to play a few games so will give it a go later to see if the new increased pace wins me over

I couldn't feel any difference really, the reaction times felt the same and all I noticed was a few new movement animations.

It's worth keeping to play at a new stadium and as Brazil though.

Personally, the PC version of PES 2010 feels a lot smoother compared to both PS3 demos.

My quick thoughts:

I'm having a lot of the same problems that most of you seem to be having with the demo, namely input/animation delay causing a lack of responsiveness and some general glitchiness all over the pitch although mostly with the goalkeepers... but I haven't read anyone having the problems I'm having with crossing, namely that it is far too easy to score on an early cross.

I'm now abusing it and winning demo games 5/6-0 over and over and I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this. Just create any sort of break down a sideline (pass around the back, long pass from one fullback to the other, throughball down the sideline to the winger... same as always) and then hit a normal L1 early cross right before getting to the 18 yard box and you are almost guaranteed either 1. a direct goal, or 2. the AI doing some weird trap/clearance that will result in an easy shot off a simple turnover.

I hope this gets sorted by the release as this has taken all challenge out of the game for me. I would hope that the other main problems (poor responsiveness and random glitches) can be fixed by release... they seem the sort of things that can be worked out. But I don't know if the crosses can be fixed in a few weeks or not, anyone experiencing the same thing?

You could simply stop exploiting this and then the challenge you desire will return immediately. Have you thought of that? If people simply didn't exploit the 'bugs' (in BOTH games) then online, for instance, would be much more fun. You seem to have found an exploit, and are now complaining that you simply can't resist using it. Find different ways to score...

Cheers,

H

??? HOW THE HELL CAN I DOWNLOAD WE2010 DEMO ???

IM IN ENGLAND..

PLEASE HELP!

go on MSN website and create a @live.co.uk email account...make sure you set the country to japan

then create a new profile on xbox live (if you have xbox live, if not you can go straight on to psn and download it)

the we demo 'feels' better to me. less glitchy. maybe its just me, the fanboy, who wants to believe.
ps: did the player turn heads when recieving the ball in pes? even the eyes seem to move in we. man, my head... :)

Sorry for what may be an obvious question guys, but is WE10 meant to be mechanically different to PES2010?

What i'm is asking is, are they meant to play the same but just be branded differently, or are they meant to play differently from eachother?

You could simply stop exploiting this and then the challenge you desire will return immediately. Have you thought of that? If people simply didn't exploit the 'bugs' (in BOTH games) then online, for instance, would be much more fun. You seem to have found an exploit, and are now complaining that you simply can't resist using it. Find different ways to score...

Cheers,

H

Well, yes I could just ignore all opportunities to cross early... but since this is a demo and this thread is a demo feedback thread, I thought I would post this exploit/bug in hopes of it getting addressed/fixed before the final edition of the game is complete.

Also, I wanted to know if others had experienced the same problem in hopes of finding out if there was already information about it somewhere.

Sorry for what may be an obvious question guys, but is WE10 meant to be mechanically different to PES2010?

What i'm is asking is, are they meant to play the same but just be branded differently, or are they meant to play differently from eachother?

Personally, I dont think there is supposed to be a mechanical difference between the two games. In the PS2 days, one seemed to be a kind of prototype for the other. Winning Eleven was always released 6 months prior to PES.

You kind of got an indication of what the new PES would bring, based on what was in the WE version, but then again, it was always tweaked quite alot in those 6 months. Sometimes for the better, and sometimes to its detriment. Hence the loving memories of the Winning Eleven series.

Those were the days though, two of Konami's titles per year, both different. It was like having Christmas twice a year. :LOL:

Now it would seem because both have similiar release dates, that are the same game, just branded differently for Europe and the US/Asia.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom