PES 2010 360/PS3 Demo Feedback

Well, yes I could just ignore all opportunities to cross early... but since this is a demo and this thread is a demo feedback thread, I thought I would post this exploit/bug in hopes of it getting addressed/fixed before the final edition of the game is complete.

Also, I wanted to know if others had experienced the same problem in hopes of finding out if there was already information about it somewhere.

I must admit early crosses do tend to be quite accurate, opening up the play and often out-foxing the defence for an easy tap-in or header. I would disagree with the frequency though. I tend to only get one or two chances to do this a game and more often than not the defence do a good job of blocking the cross or the goalkeeper is all over me. Also, I can only get that accuracy with higher rated players such as Messi, Gerrard, Alves etc.

The more I play of the demo on both the PS3 and the PC, there is a notable difference in how smooth the game plays. The game feels less juddery and mechanical, passing feels smooth and it feels a bit more responsive. It also looks a lot better on the PC, the lighting is gorgeous and you can see more of the intricate details in the crowd. I would suggest to anyone who has a half-decent PC to give the demo a go on there. I only have a crappy ATI 4350 HD and can only play at half my resolution on high settings, but it still looks better than on my HDTV through my PS3 on 1080i .

Last edited:
Just wanted to share this goal i've scored. The purpose is to show that, in my opinion, Konami is back on track and doing things in the right direction.

YouTube - gerrad lob - PES 2010 DEMO

Just take a look at the perfect timing involving the shoot and the physics in general...

Last edited:
odd, haven't tried the WE Demo yet, but usually in games (well at least for PS2 days), i thought the WE games were usually slower than the PES games...need confirmation here...but i've always liked the WE games more (other than how there's no english player names, and have to switch them all by hand...)

odd, haven't tried the WE Demo yet, but usually in games (well at least for PS2 days), i thought the WE games were usually slower than the PES games...need confirmation here...but i've always liked the WE games more (other than how there's no english player names, and have to switch them all by hand...)

Yes that is very much true,
i was always more exicted about WE then PES in the ps2 days and indeed the pace was always better in WE games.

if pes and we will be different versions, which i doubt (knowing the differences the ps2 versions had), i'll go for we. anyway i like to tell myself we demo is just more polished over pes demo. both will be the same at release day...

...and GREAT!

I have only one concern about the game, after seeing a lot of goals and my experience after playing it, too many goals after high balls above the defense, maybe it is the easiest way of leaving a player 1 on 1 so everyone is using it.
I think the high passes are too acurate, making it easy for everyone to leave the attacker 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper.

Excuse my english but i´m from a Spanish speaking country

go on MSN website and create a @live.co.uk email account...make sure you set the country to japan

then create a new profile on xbox live (if you have xbox live, if not you can go straight on to psn and download it)

Hmmmm..?

This is SERIOUSLY doing my head in :RANT:

Ive created the mas account with it set to japan..

Now do i log in to psn on my pc or ps3?

Because when i try and sign in on my ps3 with the new id it says "You cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address).)

And i cant seem to find it when i log in on my pc?

Im sorry for the dumb questions but its new to me.. and any help would be MUCH APPRECIATED!

Thanks..

I'm guessing he noticed Gerrard getting in a 1-1 position so he had to come forward but then Gerrard played a superb on-the-fly one touch lob and caught the keeper by surprise.

Exactly my thoughts... he wont be waiting at the goal line for a cracker....

WE10 = Japan
PES10 = Europe

WE10 version is more fast as japanesse prefer thier games to be "acadey" also i'm sure i read somewhere seabass said europe prefer the slow feel so doubt we'll get a version like WE10, think PES10 will be much slower to WE10

Dunno if you've noticed this but you're claiming the Exact opposite to every single other person. Do you know what you're talking about or is it everyone else that is wrong?

Regards,

looped header

The game desperately needs proper foot planting.... then it's ace !!

See my Post:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1744975&postcount=9592

Technical Animation issues are just that - Technical. I think videogame players are focusing far too much on "Technical Perfection" rather than Core Gameplay... is foot planting (I presume you mean while running) going to make the game actually play better...?

Yes there are bugs in PES2010, there are bugs in FIFA2010 as well, and I'd argue you could spend days of your life counting them all up and debating all day long about which one is best - but it's the overall gameplay, feel and importantly FUN factor that is important...!

See my Post:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1744975&postcount=9592

Technical Animation issues are just that - Technical. I think videogame players are focusing far too much on "Technical Perfection" rather than Core Gameplay... is foot planting (I presume you mean while running) going to make the game actually play better...?

Yes there are bugs in PES2010, there are bugs in FIFA2010 as well, and I'd argue you could spend days of your life counting them all up and debating all day long about which one is best - but it's the overall gameplay, feel and importantly FUN factor that is important...!

I dont really understand this footplanting lark. If Fifa has it, why do they look like they are skating across the surface of the pitch ? Or at least they do to me anyway. And this ist a comment to start a flamewar, it's just how I personally see it.

Also, downloaded the PS3 demo of PES 2010 last night. I wasnt very impressed to be honest. It was slower and very unresponsive compared to the Xbox 360 demo. I had about 7 games. I was trying to get to grips with using the D-Pad again for PES after switching to the Xbox controller after many, many years on the PS2 pad. I was getting back to grips with it. I found that the manual pass on the right stick of the PS3 pad was far, far more accurate than the Xbox 360 right stick. Tricks were alot easier to pull off on the D-Pad, but the game just didnt feel right.

I then put on my Xbox 360 and played the WE10 demo, and it felt very quick. Not too quick, but maybe a little quicker than I would have liked. I played 5 excellent games on the WE 10 demo then tried the PES 2010 demo on the 360 for comparison and found the speed perfect. I also never really felt any response issues either compared to the PS3 version. The keepers were terrible though on the WE 10 demo, horrific at times.

I was very suprised how different the PS3 demo and the Xbox Demo's felt side by side. It looks like I'll be buying the PS3 PES 2010 for my son and his PS3, and PES 2010 for my Xbox 360 on release. I'll then try a patched PS3 PES 2010 before I make my decision whether to buy a PS3 slim.

Bottom line is I found the Xbox 360 version much better all round. Which is a shame as I had my heart set on the a PS3 slim just for PES 2010 and the patches etc.

think the high passes are too acurate, making it easy for everyone to leave the attacker 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper.

Dont forget you are playing with some of the best passers in the world on the respective demo's. I really dont think the majority of players on the game will have the same amount of accuracy as the likes of the players on the demo's.

Last edited:
jimmy, Did you try that fix where you change the display settings on the PS3 to 720p? Apparently this works.

@ Gragra it has come to my attention that very few people on this site know half of the shit they read on the internet. I hate the skating bit and what not but I'm certain I've seen it on FIFA, inverse kinetics and all.

jimmy, Did you try that fix where you change the display settings on the PS3 to 720p? Apparently this works.

I didnt mate. I will give it a go tonight as I have my sons PS3 all weekend.

I'm certain I've seen it on FIFA, inverse kinetics and all

Thats all I see to be honest. When I put on the Fifa 10 demo for my mates ( 5 of them ), they all said the same thing, it looks like they are skating on ice. They look beautiful, but they certainly dont feel solid to the ground. IMO.

Personally, I dont think there is supposed to be a mechanical difference between the two games. In the PS2 days, one seemed to be a kind of prototype for the other. Winning Eleven was always released 6 months prior to PES.

You kind of got an indication of what the new PES would bring, based on what was in the WE version, but then again, it was always tweaked quite alot in those 6 months. Sometimes for the better, and sometimes to its detriment. Hence the loving memories of the Winning Eleven series.

Those were the days though, two of Konami's titles per year, both different. It was like having Christmas twice a year. :LOL:

Now it would seem because both have similiar release dates, that are the same game, just branded differently for Europe and the US/Asia.

I never used to buy the PES games but my friends always used to play my WE games and say they were better than the PES versions.

Just wanted to share this goal i've scored. The purpose is to show that, in my opinion, Konami is back on track and doing things in the right direction.

YouTube - gerrard lob - PES 2010 DEMO

Just take a look at the perfect timing involving the shoot and the physics in general...

Hey those nets are different!!!!!!!!!!!! is this pc that has been patched or is the PC version different, anyway something is different, can you enlighten us:CONFUSE:

It is PC version with nets made by "pocho". You can find them in the "editing forum" right here in evo-web.
The possibility of patching the PC version keeps me away from consoles. Even i'm considering to buy a PC to connect to the TV set 24/7...

It is PC version with nets made by "pocho". You can find them in the "editing forum" right here in evo-web.
The possibility of patching the PC version keeps me away from consoles. Even i'm considering to buy a PC to connect to the TV set 24/7...

I'm actually building a high end gaming rig at the moment so have decided to get pes on PC and patch it to death;)

@ Gragra it has come to my attention that very few people on this site know half of the shit they read on the internet. I hate the skating bit and what not but I'm certain I've seen it on FIFA, inverse kinetics and all.

I've seen plenty of skating in the Fifa 10 demo. It isn't as perfect as some like to make out.

Is anyone else annoyed by the manual switching? It sometimes takes up to 8 tries for me to switch to the player I want, which really isn't helpful when you're defending a counter attack for example. It definitely wasn't this bad in the previous PES games. :(

Back
Top Bottom