PES 2010 360/PS3 Demo Feedback

Sorry to be a dumbarse but how did u run the PC Demo in 720p? :)

Well I connected my laptop to my plasma, changed my 3D settings to display 720p resolution in 60Hz in the nvidia control panel, then changed resolution to 720p in the pes 2010 demo settings.

I found difference between playing in 50Hz and 60Hz. On 50Hz the game was tearing, on 60Hz much smoother.

Well i had my first attempt on the PES 2010 on the PS3 over the weekend and the game was soooo dissapointing. To me it felt like Konami had simply re-released PES 2009 with improved graphics. I still think that PES is still simply a PS2 game because lets face it the game hasnt moved on since.

I also tried the Fifa 2010 demo this weekend and there has been vast improvements since 2009. Seems Fifa know exactly what they are doing whilst Konami continue to let Fifa lead the market. However, i am still hoping that the final game will be much improved for PES 2010.

Well i had my first attempt on the PES 2010 on the PS3 over the weekend and the game was soooo dissapointing. To me it felt like Konami had simply re-released PES 2009 with improved graphics. I still think that PES is still simply a PS2 game because lets face it the game hasnt moved on since.

I also tried the Fifa 2010 demo this weekend and there has been vast improvements since 2009. Seems Fifa know exactly what they are doing whilst Konami continue to let Fifa lead the market. However, i am still hoping that the final game will be much improved for PES 2010.

first, get the we demo!
maybe u r playing it like 09, so FAILURE. give it another try and be open minded... then you'll see some improvements . dont just kick and rush, simulate soccer. i'm sure if u understand real soccer u'll appreciate the changes. a lot of us do...

I must admit, I put the WE demo back on again last night, hoping to find the answers that have been aluding me.

After 4 hours of play, and that ridiculously addictive ingredient that this game seems have instilled within, I found my answers.

I had been playing alot of the PES 2010 demo, and struggling with certain areas, and how they felt, which to me seemed 'broken'. After playing the WE 10 demo, re-adjusting my play, the game feels so much better.

Ever since the demo's were released, I've had this feeling of love and hate towards them. I've been playing and not really knowing whether I have been enjoying the game or not ?? Very strange. But the one thing that has always remained was this weird addictive quality, that I needed 'One more go .....'.

Last night I finally was able to pull off some 1st time volleys, shots etc. The through balls began to have better results and more pace when I played the pass with the players favoured foot. The response issues had all but disappeared, especially when I took time to play the ball around. This game seems to be all about timing. Master that, and the response issues are pretty much null and void.

The WE demo for me far exceeds the PES 2010 demo in every single area. It has certainly got me back on the right track. I was playing on 'Superstar' level last night and had some amazing games, and genuinely, really, really enjoyed it.

Roll on the 23rd........Again.

I must admit, I put the WE demo back on again last night, hoping to find the answers that have been aluding me.

After 4 hours of play, and that ridiculously addictive ingredient that this game seems have instilled within, I found my answers.

I had been playing alot of the PES 2010 demo, and struggling with certain areas, and how they felt, which to me seemed 'broken'. After playing the WE 10 demo, re-adjusting my play, the game feels so much better.
Ever since the demo's were released, I've had this feeling of love and hate towards them. I've been playing and not really knowing whether I have been enjoying the game or not ?? Very strange. But the one thing that has always remained was this weird addictive quality, that I needed 'One more go .....'.

Last night I finally was able to pull off some 1st time volleys, shots etc. The through balls began to have better results and more pace when I played the pass with the players favoured foot. The response issues had all but disappeared, especially when I took time to play the ball around. This game seems to be all about timing. Master that, and the response issues are pretty much null and void.

The WE demo for me far exceeds the PES 2010 demo in every single area. It has certainly got me back on the right track. I was playing on 'Superstar' level last night and had some amazing games, and genuinely, really, really enjoyed it.

Roll on the 23rd........Again.

How do you mean jimmy, what did you have to adjust playwise from the pes10 demo? btw i must say i am impressed the way the AI scores against you.It doesnt feel like its cheating anymore generally if they score its by skill,good teamwork how it should be.(top player setting)
Also cant wait to have a bash on superstar level.:))

:D Begs the question how were you guys playing before... ;)

Hi nick when i first started playing i still had my 09 head on even though i was trying to remember pes5 stylee.It took me a fair few games to reajust.But once i did it felt a lot better.;)

:D Begs the question how were you guys playing before... ;)

The thing is with PES Nick, as you may remember, every time a new version came out, you had to adjust accordingly. Learning to play beautiful football in PES 2009, around all the flaws, was a job in itself. To then have all you have known for the past 12 months, turned on its head, takes time and patience. Passing is different, shooting is different. So many new skills, that for the most part have taken my eye off the footballing side of the game. I found myself falling into the whole new 'skill' thing, and not really looking to play football in the 5 minutes I had available. But that was my fault. Then because I was frustrated, I tried to find all the things I knew I couldnt do anymore, and tried to find an answer. The answer was never there because the original question had been changed.

Once I had got myself into thinking a completely new way, then I found I could still do what I thought was missing, simply by changing the way I played. I have never been a sprint button boy, so that wasnt the issue. It was all about timing. The change in concept from 2009 to 2010 is as big of a change as I've ever seen.

How do you mean jimmy, what did you have to adjust playwise from the pes10 demo?

Not really from the PES 2010 demo, more from 2009 mate. WE10 really does address alot of the niggles of the PES 2010 demo. It makes for a far more fluid, responsive, enjoyable and rewarding game.

And the 'First Touch' is a thing of beauty. Some people love to see stunning goals, some like to see fantastic nets, others fancy tricks. Nothing gets me more excited than seeing a player in real life perform a sublime first touch. It's what every aspect of football is built upon. Konami have nailed this in PES 2010. It's a huge aspect of player individuality, that will become more apparent when we have the full release in our hands. At the moment all the teams on show in the demo's are full of world class players. And it's still very evident now. Imagine what it will be like controlling a youth player in ML.

Last edited:
And the 'First Touch' is a thing of beauty. .

Agreed, i remember a few years back when fifa made a big thing of first touch where you flicked your right analogue in the direction you wanted to go.But with pes10 it just does it so naturally, i have gained a good couple of yards on an opponent with the first touch and created good scoring chances as well.

I remember watching a ryan giggs training video once and he said "if you have a good first touch it makes the game simple" that has always stuck with me,Unfortunatly doing it consistently is the key and i think that maybe the difference.

The WE demo for me far exceeds the PES 2010 demo in every single area. ...

agree with a lot of what you say, just got WE2010 demo yesterday and enjoyed it on superstar however a few aspects remain 'broken' ...inexusably so, while the AI is super competent as closing down for 90 minutes and man marking all over the pitch once you pick the right pass and breach their midfield especially on the counter they will literally back off from halfway line all the way to their 18yard and especially with the long ranger card it's a guaranteed goal from outside the D.

without mind reading I can tell you that 90% of the goals scored in the demo are long range efforts, on superstar at least there's more chance of that than breaching their back line and rounding the keeper (contrast with 2009 and this isn't really a bad thing ie rounding the keeper at will) basically 1 on 1's with the keeper come at a premium.

minor gripe with the slow tedious turning on the spot even from Kaka where an on rushing defender can change direction and disposses a sidestepping kaka - if you are not passing then prepare to be dispossessed, I think the shielding of the ball is not in favour of the ball carrier ...except messi / ibra it seems, just off but not majorly

maybe a learning curve but it's always been the case that side stepping a sprinting defender could always get you a yard of space (as it should) a feature i loved in pes6 ... whithout needing special tricks to evade a tackle if the defender 'commits himself' plus the shot feint is knackered

overcompensating for pes09 methinks

still ...preorder's been in for months so fingers crossed some final tweaks tighten the control and response

Agreed, i remember a few years back when fifa made a big thing of first touch where you flicked your right analogue in the direction you wanted to go.But with pes10 it just does it so naturally, i have gained a good couple of yards on an opponent with the first touch and created good scoring chances as well.

I remember watching a ryan giggs training video once and he said "if you have a good first touch it makes the game simple" that has always stuck with me,Unfortunatly doing it consistently is the key and i think that maybe the difference.

I do love FIFA's right stick, the fact you can control and knock the ball off in any direction is fantastic, and it's the hardest thing to get out off the system when re learning PES, downloaded the WE demo to try but got called off before I could bash it...:RANT:

Agreed, i remember a few years back when fifa made a big thing of first touch where you flicked your right analogue in the direction you wanted to go.But with pes10 it just does it so naturally, difference.

I liked the right stick flick of Fifa to be honest. But it's a skill move.

The difference between the two is exactly what you mentioned, PES 2010 is natural. By that I mean, you dont require a skill move to pull it off. It's all based around the players stats or technique. Some of the 1st touches by Zlatan are simply phenomenal.

Every single player on FIFA has the exact same 'natural' first touch. That statement is a matter of fact. Any one who disagrees, show me a video clip. This is because FIFA doesnt concentrate on individuality. More the look of the game, rather than the 'feel' of the game. Period.

I played 7 hours straight last night with my best mate. He is the same mate I mentioned in my PES die hard thread initial post. He has been playing PES since day one. He hated PES 2008 like me, and was only 'lukewarm' to PES 2009. He did play FIFA 09, and enjoyed it for a short while. We had a couple of months of argument and debate. He finally got a patched PS3 version of PES 2009 and started a ML and never looked back. He still wasnt massively over impressed with PES 2009 though.

Last night was the 1st time he has played the new WE 10 demo as he has been away with work for 12 weeks. He is a moaning fucker, and loves to point out any slight glitches or things that are not going his way. He absolutely loved the WE 10 demo, and we played it from 7pm till 1.15 am this morning. We couldnt get off the game. He mastered the tricks very easily, better than me. We spent a good hour of that time watching the stunning replays of goals, 1st touches, skills, tricks, and improvised actions of the creme de la creme, Zaltan, Ronny, Messi, Henry et al.

He was very impressed with all the sliders, cards, pace, etc. He only slightly mentioned the reponse issues, and that was only on very rare occasions. Bearing in mind he moans like a nagging wife, for me that was a very good sign. He certainly got to grips with the game quicker than I did. Then again he didnt really have the PES 08 or 09 transition to deal with like I had. He was always a huge PES 5/6 fan, but more so, a massive WE fan.

Safe to say he thought the new WE 2010 demo was brilliant and loved everything about it. And more than anything, commented on the potential this has with the unpredictability element. Every game we had was completely different to the last.

Last edited:
I liked the right stick flick of Fifa to be honest. But it's a skill move.

The difference between the two is exactly what you mentioned, PES 2010 is natural. By that I mean, you dont require a skill move to pull it off. It's all based around the players stats or technique. Some of the 1st touches by Zlatan are simply phenomenal.

Every single player on FIFA has the exact same 'natural' first touch. That statement is a matter of fact. Any one who disagrees, show me a video clip. This is because FIFA doesnt concentrate on individuality. More the look of the game, rather than the 'feel' of the game. Period.

I played 7 hours straight last night with my best mate. He is the same mate I mentioned in my PES die hard thread initial post. He has been playing PES since day one. He hated PES 2008 like me, and was only 'lukewarm' to PES 2009. He did play FIFA 09, and enjoyed it for a short while. We had a couple of months of argument and debate. He finally got a patched PS3 version of PES 2009 and started a ML and never looked back. He still wasnt massively over impressed with PES 2009 though.

Last night was the 1st time he has played the new WE 10 demo as he has been away with work for 12 weeks. He is a moaning fucker, and loves to point out any slight glitches or things that are not going his way. He absolutely loved the WE 10 demo, and we played it from 7pm till 1.15 am this morning. We couldnt get off the game. He mastered the tricks very easily, better than me. We spent a good hour of that time watching the stunning replays of goals, 1st touches, skills, tricks, and improvised actions of the creme de la creme, Zaltan, Ronny, Messi, Henry et al.

He was very impressed with all the sliders, cards, pace, etc. He only slightly mentioned the reponse issues, and that was only on very rare occasions. Bearing in mind he moans like a nagging wife, for me that was a very good sign. He certainly got to grips with the game quicker than I did. Then again he didnt really have the PES 08 or 09 transition to deal with like I had. He was always a huge PES 5/6 but more massive WE fan.

Safe to say he thought the new WE 2010 demo was brilliant and loved everything about it. And more than anything, commented on the potential this has with the unpredictability element. Every game we had was completely different to the last.

Top response as ever, I am 100% buying this game and all the doomsayers in the world will not stop me. PERIOD!

Jimmy G-Force- i appreciate your daily attempt to find new ways to force yourself to like pes 2010. The last time we had someone so committed to a game company was Adam....but he left for good....

with videogames it seems hard to give credit where due but £29.99 is not even friday night out money.

the improvement from pes09 >>pes 2010 is way beyond fifa09>>fifa10 (sure fifa09 already has great engine, online etc) but point is there's been a big improvement and a lot of balancing (too much in some areas I feel) but on the evidence of both competing demo's it's pes for me

we all pay our money so there's nothing to be grateful for but stop trying to make it seem like anyone's trying to convince you? your mind's made up - fine, most people are loving it with time

why does a life long pes fan (in most people's case) need to "find new ways to force themselves to like pes2010" there's AAA titles and exlusives everywhere with more to come over christmas, if it doesn't do it for anyone there's a lot of other games to spend your time and money on??? it's just 29.99 probably won't get you a matchday ticket at chelsea

C'MON?

Played loads of games on the demo last night and its just superb.

One thing that stuck in my mind was a scramble that my keeper saved, defender slid in, the ball broke to the touchline it was crossed in, headed back across goal and the player hit the ball into the ground which bounced over my keeper and on to the top of the net for a goal kick...................................something I have never seen in any FIFA game.

It's the unpredictability that brings this game to life IMO, I keep seeing stuff that are consistantly different which makes you come back for more.

great game..........just got to build my bloody PC:))

Pes 2011 should have:

1.More realistic running animations
2.A lot of new animations
3.Realstic goalkeepers animations(Fifa?)
4.Realistic collisions system

Without those things Pes 2011 will not superb game.

PES has had a number of well documented hiccups along the way but I personally feel they've hit a winner this year.

PES 2010 is not perfect, but neither were any of the old Pro Evos. I think some people put PES 3, 4 and 5 on a bit of a pedestal and forget they had issues too. I think a good marker is whether you feel these kinks are forgiveable or if they are annoying enough to become game breakers. 2008 had too many for me. 2009 was enjoyable but lacked polish and innovation which resulted in a bit of an underwhelming package. If 2010 has all the ML improvements and a solid online then there will be no complaints from me as the match engine is now at a level I expect from a current gen game.

A man of both reason and wisdom. :SAL:

After learning WE 10, I think PES 2010 has all the makings of a classic. Time will tell.

Too many experts in here these days...I'm buying this years instalment of PES cos even at its worst, pes gameplay has always been better than fifa's, and after playing WE2010 demo I'm now more excited than I have been over the past few years for a PES release.

I will enjoy PES this year and thats a fact, nobody else can tell me otherwise, others will love it, like it think its not too bad or hate it, that will be individuals opinions...I think we should start to respect each others opinions and stop slating each other.

I don't post very often but just think this forum site has lost its way.

Each to their fu*king own! Viva la evolution!

will the WE10 be exactly same as PES2010? i'm sure someone said it would be different cause WE10 is much faster as japanesse like it fast and the euro version will be slow

will the WE10 be exactly same as PES2010? i'm sure someone said it would be different cause WE10 is much faster as japanesse like it fast and the euro version will be slow

That was in days gone by. The WE 10 demo is the 84.892345770.3% recurring code. :LOL:

But seriously, it's the newer code to the PES 10 demo. They will both be the same game, thats been confirmed by another reputable PES fan site who have the review code.

Back
Top Bottom