PES 2009 - First Images (23/06/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not looking forward to it
seems to be the same as PES2008
look at the rader its covering half of the center of the screen
aurful

Nobody mentioned about the advert boards. looks bad the Konami bug advertisement boards hsn't been fixed that makes me bare ANGRY!!
This gives me an impression that there will be no changes!

Just as i expected. All the experts judging the new release from a handful of still images. The game is nowhere near finished yet, to say it's the same as PES2008 is too easy, the graphics aren't going to get much better than they are now, let's just hope the movement and speed are improved.

As for the sandbags, untucked shirts, rolled down socks and wristbands brigade who usually turn up and condemn the game for not having them....get a life. Let's have a game we can actually play online. I for one don't give a monkeys about tucked shirts and sandbags.

I have absolutely NO opinion about PES2009 from these pictures, they don't tell us a thing about wether it's better than PES2008, but after last year's experience....for the first time, i WON'T be pre ordering the game. I'll be trying it out first by 'other means' and if i hear it runs ok online, both playing-wise AND communication-wise...then i'll give KONAMI the money that they didn't deserve from me last year and buy it.

Last edited:
Agreed, you cant tell from screen shots.
They look pretty much identical as last year, the game just needs a major overhaul in the gameplay department, as like Burna I certainly wont be pre-ordering my copy this year, I will try it and then buy if and when they fix the gameplay.

But with FIFA now being next gen with the new mouse and keyboard thing, it seems that 2009 will be the year EA finally surpass Konami.

it may look pretty good but that's not next gen. F*FA 09 looks way better unfortunately...

I was gonna say that haha, Player movement in PES2008 is to real? No Way!

PES2008 already looks good and cant be improved? Hahah awful! I actually think that the new shots close ups and stadiums look a lot better, just because the fact the colours look nicer, textures are a bit better, and mainly the fact it looks more real rather than plasticy and cartoony like 08 did.

pes2008 was basically a joke. The first edition in the series that i stopped playing after 1 week.
I cant understand why anyone can say the player animations look real.
Just watch the players run and it looks....funny.
And online...terrible.

Same as the others said : i will not pre order.

I'll wait untill i see all the comments on this site. But i will definately - and this is the 1st time for me since i own all the games since ps1 - download it and try it. As said, if its good i will gladly buy it again and play online.
If not then too bad.
I am against downloading in general, but Konami screwed me over on pes2008, so its payback time

pes2008 was basically a joke. The first edition in the series that i stopped playing after 1 week.
I cant understand why anyone can say the player animations look real.
Just watch the players run and it looks....funny.
And online...terrible.

Same as the others said : i will not pre order.

I'll wait untill i see all the comments on this site. But i will definately - and this is the 1st time for me since i own all the games since ps1 - download it and try it. As said, if its good i will gladly buy it again and play online.
If not then too bad.
I am against downloading in general, but Konami screwed me over on pes2008, so its payback time

:applaud:"Payback time":applaud: Haha...you put it better than i did mate.

Just as i expected. All the experts judging the new release from a handful of still images. The game is nowhere near finished yet, to say it's the same as PES2008 is too easy, the graphics aren't going to get much better than they are now, let's just hope the movement and speed are improved.

As for the sandbags, untucked shirts, rolled down socks and wristbands brigade who usually turn up and condemn the game for not having them....get a life. Let's have a game we can actually play online. I for one don't give a monkeys about tucked shirts and sandbags.

I have absolutely NO opinion about PES2009 from these pictures, they don't tell us a thing about wether it's better than PES2008, but after last year's experience....for the first time, i WON'T be pre ordering the game. I'll be trying it out first by 'other means' and if i hear it runs ok online, both playing-wise AND communication-wise...then i'll give KONAMI the money that they didn't deserve from me last year and buy it.

Oh my God... PES2008 FLASHBACK.

You keep convincing yourself the game will undergo a graphical overhaul within the coming 60 days.... it didn't happen last year, the year before it, nor is it gonna happen this year.

These are the graphics we are seeing in PES2009.... and YES the far view is a disappointment in every possible way.

Oh my God... PES2008 FLASHBACK.

You keep convincing yourself the game will undergo a graphical overhaul within the coming 60 days.... it didn't happen last year, the year before it, nor is it gonna happen this year.

These are the graphics we are seeing in PES2009.... and YES the far view is a disappointment in every possible way.

Sorry mate, i don't know what you're getting at.

As far as i could see last year, the difference in graphics and player physics from PES6 to PES2008 was pretty damn different. Graphics much better, but player physics were utter shite.

Re: PES 2009 - First Images (Scans)

Yes, when the gameplay is as shite as 2008 it's a simple decision to make.

I agree I will wait and hear how well received this is before I go on Ebay again and buy one early on. I went to Fifa 08 which had a lot of bugs but to me it has better online play and also it was better then PES 2008. I think this year I will buy Fifa first and then I will go to PES. Still looks the same as last year except they better have made the gameplay better and more realistic.

Hope Pes 2009 allow to have more leagues and club teams with each team have their own chants, flags, kits, etc.(not like PES 6 Others C thats is more restrictive in some things like flags) and make easy the edit job by fans, that would give very good, cos in Europe and South America there re a lot good patches, and would be more free to users to choose the league or championship we wanna play, i dont care about gb lately hd are cheaper and a lot capacity.

Hope Konami back to good and release a good PES as fans like.

Greets.

Has anyone else noticed that...... THE GOALS ARE STILL NOT REALISTIC!!!!!! Sandbags and the nets don't look like that. I'm not getting this game. It seems like they haven't listened and Konami seem to be going down a path I would rather not follow.

I think the goals look fine, although different goals in different stadiums would be better, but it's the scoreboard that annoys me.

SJ those goals are not realistic. Big leagues do not play with goals like that. To have them in this game another year is unacceptable. It tells me that its very possible that Konami really haven't changed all that much.

SJ those goals are not realistic. Big leagues do not play with goals like that. To have them in this game another year is unacceptable. It tells me that its very possible that Konami really haven't changed all that much.

Yeah, not even the goals at our local soccer field sag that much net-wise, and they also have just 2 points of anchoring at the top corners.

Just go back to the original PES5/6 etc goal shapes that atleast were realistic.

Also why not include several different shapes? I never understand what they are up to... The nets alone make the game look really crap, to be honest. yeah I know it's superficial, but it looks like a little kids hockey goal or something.

This would be acceptable:
p70.jpg

Last edited:
they should totally improve the nets... The nets are seen in every match, during the most exciting part of it - the goal... The nets in 2008 are more freaking loose than the nets at my local team which plays in the 7th (yes seventh) league :O come on get real people this is unacceptable. OK start calling me a freak - I dont care

cheers

Goals, nets. sandbags, rolled up sleeves, socks, better goalie gloves who GIVES A FLYING RATS ASS!!

It's because of people like that that Konami are lacking in the gameplay dept. How about a RED team and a BLUE team, one stadium and intuitive realistic gameplay, physics and intelligent, tight AI...

Goals, nets. sandbags, rolled up sleeves, socks, better goalie gloves who GIVES A FLYING RATS ASS!!

It's because of people like that that Konami are lacking in the gameplay dept. How about a RED team and a BLUE team, one stadium and intuitive realistic gameplay, physics and intelligent, tight AI...

I think you missed something.

Konami lacks in pretty much every department. You can't really blame the bad gameplay of recent games on them focusing on visual aesthetics when the grapics of some things look really bad, can you? They obviously haven't given any time to it at all.

But again, it sort of boggles the mind why they would change the goal design of recent games for something completely unauthentic in PES2008/2009. It's not fun scoring a goal in PES2008, since it hits those awful looking nets, it's an ugly goal either way.

They had the net shape just right in PES6 for the 360.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32z6Qb46Jss

Besides, you seem to underestimate how important the visuals are for some people.

For example, just replace the grass texture of the ground with an asphalt texture. Play a game. Does it feel awkward yet? Nothing at all in gameplay has changed, but the entire feel of playing on a soft grass pitch is completely gone. That is what bad grass textures do for me personally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom