PES 2009 - First Images (23/06/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not impressed at all, but I really haven\'t seen the game in motion therefore I will reserve judgement until then. From the looks of the pics, it looks the same to me, arcadish and cartoony, Fifa has the simulation feel and look of futbol right now. My opinion ofcourse.

If the gameplay has been overhauled, along with the player running animations and online play, then that will be enough for me.

From the looks on the goalie\'s surgical gloves, to the breeze-blocks on goals, it looks like some things will still be the same. I just hope the gameplay isn\'t the same.

Just because they are still shots does not mean there is no information you can extract from them, they are, after all, shots from a capture of the game. Someone did an analysis on WENB and you can see quite clearly the running and shooting animations are completely identical to PES2008.

I hate to spread a message of doom but what are we really expecting here.

Personally if the online works properly (unlikely) then I\'d be happy.

:0 graphic look awesome ...

2dth7b.jpg

i like it, its in early stages so its gonna get better and better looking obviously, i dont know what you people want!! online is the only thing that let down pes2008 imo, i think its a great game.

i like it, its in early stages so its gonna get better and better looking obviously, i dont know what you people want!! online is the only thing that let down pes2008 imo, i think its a great game.

Sorry, what rock have you been living under.

PES2008 is considered by most people to be an unmitigated disaster.

Oh c'mon Jonney, it looks EXACTLY the same, and the gameplay and animations were piss poor in 2008, so thats how I know.

You can see they run exactly the same in the image, and they ran like fucking gimps before.

So much for a radical overhaul of the game.

That logic isn't valid anyway you look at it. They could've changed the animations so that they flow alot better, but in still pictures they would still look pretty much the same. Definitely to early to be sure about things.

...Don't blame you though...

They need to remove everything PES 2008.

Even the font gives me the dry boak!

I realized it when you said it. I really loathe that font and all it stands for. :)

Overall, stadiums are waaaaaaaaaay too clean. They look completely sterile and lifeless. Where is the debris, the microphones, the cameras, the water bottles the goalies drink from, the towels, etc etc? The 3D grass still has a really short cutoff distance from the camera, which means that only things very close to the camera has 3D grass, and the feet of players further away are left standing on a green plastic floor cover. Overall the atmosphere isn't very inviting from these pictures. I don't find sterile environments very attractive.
So I was hoping for more. I'm not going to judge it from these images though.

Last edited:
Hahaha, what the hell. After countless versions of PES, they still managed to not include a more professional scoreboard. And the names in caps again? Hmph.

One positive to come out of all this, at least the average weed smoker knows they are pretty safe from the health risks given the fact Seabass must be monged 24/7 yet still seems to be alive. (Barely, judging from the Seville pictures).

And we gonna have Mickey Mouse gloves, again!!! XD

yeh and breeze blocks, shit net physics, yellow pixellated pitch textures, no untucked shirts, player names in capital letters, no ability to have proper league structure, stupid WE POINTS instead of real currency and about one million other things that people have been requesting for the last five years.

the gardening gloves is definitely one of the worst things though, talk about destroying all sense of reality. even with the patches which put a nike texture on them in pes2008 it still looked ridiculous.

Underwhelming:((

Looks very similar to 08 which I thought was a very clean looking PS2.5 effort, nothing of a wow factor in any of those pics.

The close ups of the players do look very good though.

Gameplay....................well can we really expect there to be radical changes from 08 given they had 1 year to make a complete new engine and thus game.

For the average tosh that FIFA produced leading upto 07/08 they were developing the very good engine it now runs on.I am sorry but konami need a complete overhaul and thats not going to happen if they are continually developing a PS2 engine.

I'd say its going to be a slightly cleaner more animated 08 and thats still pretty piss poor.

I think the only way they could possibly reprieve themselves is if it turns out that the new 'engine' has been worked on since before pes2008, but couldnt be finished intime, so they release pes2008 rushed.

I know seabass said they were working on full shirt pulling and 360 direction etc, but it didnt quite work out.

PS.. Not a dig at wenb, but who will give me odds on the above (or a variation of the above) appearing in a podcast, as an excuse for pes2008 and a hype tool for pes2009?

and it seems the untucked shirt option in the edit mode still not there...
shame on u FISHface

Agreed.

Let's face fact's here.

Seadog has totally lost it with this one.

Those Argie player are prob discussing why they are wearing one piece football kits.

Agreed.

Let's face fact's here.

Seadog has totally lost it with this one.

Those Argie player are prob discussing why they are wearing one piece football kits.

and the funny thing is that the player models looked a LOT BETTER with untucked shirts on pes2008(Wide camera) than they did while its tucked in...

i find myself constantly cheering for a player of mine to get his shirt pulled, casue the default player model is horrible.
ridicoulsy , isnt it? well thats where we got with "Nemo"Face directing this franchise.

lol

they took it out because of the shirt pulling feature, if you can call it that.

the thing is i agree, as weird as it sounds, on pes5 ive been setting all the player appearances based on euro 2008 and its like ten times better when messi etc. have untucked shirts because they dont look like 5 year olds who have just been set off to kintergarden in there shiny new blue dungarees

lol

they took it out because of the shirt pulling feature, if you can call it that.

the thing is i agree, as weird as it sounds, on pes5 ive been setting all the player appearances based on euro 2008 and its like ten times better when messi etc. have untucked shirts because they dont look like 5 year olds who have just been set off to kintergarden in there shiny new blue dungarees

absolutly agree..

omg first pictures look great..great improvement on graphics, i hope also gameplay bugs are fixed and improved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom