PES 2009 - First Images (23/06/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ! (not you Dr Force :LOL:)

I'd take gameplay over improved graphics anyday though... The faces still look better than the FIFA monks.

2dhv902.jpg

hahaha.

looks like they spent 1 year redoing the AMF, RB, DC colored buttons.

What is that RB button anyway? looks like a blue spongebob squarepants

seriously, why dont they just hire some god damn interface designers

I`v been following this forum for a couple of years now and I have to say it`s very entertaining this time of year. The picture of the 08 and 09 comparison just shows how much of a joke this game is becoming, I mean 3, 4, 5 were awesome but ever since then I find myself hating the game more and more. Don`t get me wrong I still play a ton of PES, unfortunately It`s running on a old modded xbox, I think it`s called PES 5 K_patch 1.2 edition or something, all I know is that it`s 10 times better then garbage I keep buying over the last few years.

That quote made me LMAO :LOL:

I`v been following this forum for a couple of years now and I have to say it`s very entertaining this time of year. The picture of the 08 and 09 comparison just shows how much of a joke this game is becoming, I mean 3, 4, 5 were awesome but ever since then I find myself hating the game more and more. Don`t get me wrong I still play a ton of PES, unfortunately It`s running on a old modded xbox, I think it`s called PES 5 K_patch 1.2 edition or something, all I know is that it`s 10 times better then garbage I keep buying over the last few years.

That quote made me LMAO :LOL:

The more and more I see this screens, especially the new ones, the more I feel I'm being taken for a ride by NOKAMI. It just portrays a lot of laziness and poor planning on their part. Their gameplay better have been improved. If not, I will stop buying their products until 2020.

Peace Y'all!
;-)

lol, yes mate, hence the title "Nets Freak" in my avatar.

WHich reminds me I am also allergic to the net shape they are still using from PES2008. It should be alot more square than that. Not to mention they need alot more different nets, like solid "box" nets for certain pitches (lwer ranked teams usually have those types of nets that you can roll on wheels that has a solid metal frame supporting the net).

So much potential, so little done... :(

Still cannot beleive those screens are for PES2009. I guess I was expecting a lot more in the graphical department. Especially after all the critism NOKAMI got. Guess I was wrong.

Makes you wonder what they do with all our money. It appears as though they have run out of ideas. I hope not. I really hope they have drastically improved the gameplay and online. Those are my lifesavers for me.

The official images are only in the first post ;) others "orange" are fakes ;)
Michy mouse gloves /old seems to be true, ahime' hope in konami will change it before complete.

My opinion as stated before is that the current team working on PES can not take it any further, they would have to really revamp the staff over there and bring in some western developers, or share some visuals people with the mgs team. I personally think 2009 is going to be a complete disaster in terms of both graphics, gameplay and online - but maybe that is being too pessimistic.

My opinion as stated before is that the current team working on PES can not take it any further, they would have to really revamp the staff over there and bring in some western developers, or share some visuals people with the mgs team. I personally think 2009 is going to be a complete disaster in terms of both graphics, gameplay and online - but maybe that is being too pessimistic.

LOL! wow! try to be a little positive mate. ;-)

I do agree with you in some way though. 1 year just isn't enough for NOKAMI to make all the changes necessary to please us. One year would not be enough to revamp and start from scratch. And they need our mula, so they will continue to tweak, add, remove, add, remove, etc..until we stop buying their games. I still have faith in them though, just not for this year.

About graphic, did you forget that the previous PES's had same graphic from PES3 to PES6, they can't change too much but little details.

Playability is all and Konami know it, i hope it has that magic and real feeling of others better version of pes and of course new animations and moves, and a decent online gaming!the future...

121251.jpg

Is this how next-gen grass looks like when zoomed out? I guess I can even see pixels.

Last-gen grass.
Last-gen textures.
Last-gen lighting.
Last-gen green.
Last gen player animations.

When will Konami realize that 99% of the time we're looking at zoomed out grass. It defines the look of the game. This grass, on this picture, is WORSE than my patched PES6 grass, on medium settings.

Oh and where are the walking security guards, dogs, cameramen, reporters, players warming up, coaches shouting on the sidelines?

WHY IS IT SO EMPTY?????? This can't be next-gen.

jflores - youre as net obsessed as me! cant believe the breeze blocks are back!! just keep the shape of the ps2 nets with the physics of the ps3 game! perfect!

chaps - im sure this is being developed by a new team! its as if the old KCET team is being mixed with the KCEJ guys! (hope thats the correct way round, one group made the pro games the other the ISS games.)

i want the pure pro team on the job - cant believe we could be looking at two years of this rubbish.

On a positive note - the player graphics look excellent up close - better than fifa (which i like BTW) - as long as a full edit mode is in place i dont think graphics are our main issue.

Weren't the net physics in PES2008 really good? The shape was poor but they were really good when the ball hit etc? From what I could remember anyway...

But I like the new shots, maybe not the far away one, but the close ups, look much better than before, they dont have that plastic gloss feel, looks a lot more realistic. Early days, things in the stadium can be added after all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom