PES 2009 - First Images (23/06/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The net physics in 08 where AWFUL. Im not judging them by fifa standards though im judging them by Football Kingdom standards. They react the same way if you blast a shot or tap a shot, if you hit a low shot it gets stuck under the net the whole time, and they were BUGGY as hell:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CeuYZD_4Tyc&fmt=18

Not to mention the sandbags.

I know they will never put the effort in to make the nets as good as FK but still, it would be nice if they could at least improve them for 09 yet they look exactly the same.

But I like the new shots, maybe not the far away one, but the close ups, look much better than before, they dont have that plastic gloss feel, looks a lot more realistic. Early days, things in the stadium can be added after all...

Yeah but the far away one you will be seeing 99% of the time.

Yeah but the far away one you will be seeing 99% of the time.

No Cammey, all these people play in ZOOM camera view, didnt you know?

I think I will have to start playing in that camera view. any tips from you zoom camera users out there?

No worries, its all good! ;)

But I just find it strange, we have what 10 or whatever screens, like 4 of stadiums, and others of close ups and one of that weird camera angle, doesnt even look like the same game, grass is weirder colour etc, there arent no players on the bench when on others there are, just seems weird. What was it for, showing of a new camera angle or something? Meh! Wait till WENB get some new news I guess. Ill be away from friday till sunday, so hopefully loads of information will be accumulated by then :D

Last edited:
We have June, not October. I think many things can be changed in this period of time. I think things like cameramen and goal net can be improved till release. I don't think that Konami sit arround till october and only make screens. I think they will look at the first reactions of the screens and try to improve the things which are not so good.

That's my opinion.

Patros46

I dont think they are that bad now, the colour cuts look better.

In the close ups though the grass is green greeen, and in the actual in game camera shot its not as green? Then in another picture comparison of the Rasunda I saw, the green was similar to the colour in the real photo.

I hope they'll bring a coin throw for the side-selection back like ISS on N64... i hate to play every home match from left to right (1st half) and right to left (2nd half). especially playing against a friend becomes boring after a while... everybody has his "better side"... leaving the game to change the sides is shit...

i cant understand them in the first place... a coin throw is part of a football game... there was always a coin throw and there will always be one... of course the player shoult be able to skip the throw, but it should be allowed...

and...

i like the new crowds on the screens... look more realistic and more detailled... cant wait to see their movement

Last edited:
I dont think they are that bad now, the colour cuts look better.

In the close ups though the grass is green greeen, and in the actual in game camera shot its not as green? Then in another picture comparison of the Rasunda I saw, the green was similar to the colour in the real photo.

In the Brazil Vs Argentia,the grass looks very bad.

I feel a huge relief knowing the pain of PES2008 is going to end, I don't care if the game doesn't look significantly better than PES2008, I just hope for some stability, optimisatiosn of the new engine, better balancing, more realistic goalkeeping and many many many bug fixes.

The asthetics you people complain about (running animations, kits and pitches and gloves) don't bother me. They've never been great, and I've been playing since PES1 and realised that. I love the gameplay which is what I want back. Why complain over the looks when the superb modding community steps in overhauls the game radically a couple months after launch?

We have June, not October. I think many things can be changed in this period of time. I think things like cameramen and goal net can be improved till release. I don't think that Konami sit arround till october and only make screens. I think they will look at the first reactions of the screens and try to improve the things which are not so good.

Mate, people post that every bloody year on here, all with the same hope that it will get better and every year you get pretty much the same as the first screens.

I feel a huge relief knowing the pain of PES2008 is going to end, I don't care if the game doesn't look significantly better than PES2008, I just hope for some stability, optimisatiosn of the new engine, better balancing, more realistic goalkeeping and many many many bug fixes.

Dont listen to badgerman! pes8 was the same engine as pes6, just a hell of lot more buggy!

IMO that video of FK makes me wanna play that rather than PES2008. I know, I'm frustrated at the moment, but damn that looks so much more real.

seems to be another poor year for PES
screenshots very similler to pes2008
look at the radar it covers half of the middile of the screen
not looking fowrward to it
aurful

Watching Football Kingdom, a 4 year old PS2 game, makes me wonder why they never released new titles. It plays a lot smoother, has 360 everything, and net physics and pitch are amazing in comparison to PES...2008.

Com'on Namco, do a next-gen football kingdom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dcvciKaoPA&feature=related

Actually there is Next-Gen Soccer Game from Namco called Love Football for the 360. The game is just like the Be a Pro - Mode in Fifa.
Here is a video showing some gameplay:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/11337.html

The graphics are not that good, but the game looks quite fun I think. Unfortunately the game is only available in Japan.:((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom