PES 2008 (Xbox 360) - Official Topic

Motion control for a console like the playstation is completely pointless. The Wii has a controller perfectly suited to it which is why it works so well. Sony haven't realised that you either need a dedicated peripheral for motion control or nothing at all. A compromise just doesn't work.
Thats basically what I think. Sony's half baked attempt is nothing more than a gimmick!

I know a lot of people have been wondering if there will be unntucked kits(I know I spell it wrong:roll:) Anyway, I was waching a clip of pes 2008 on youtube and in this clip where Crespo scores for Argentina, you can see as Tevez runs over to celebrate the goal, you can see his kit is not tucked. Its in the 02:54 min of the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-34ANY75DA

I know a lot of people have been wondering if there will be unntucked kits(I know I spell it wrong:roll:) Anyway, I was waching a clip of pes 2008 on youtube and in this clip where Crespo scores for Argentina, you can see as Tevez runs over to celebrate the goal, you can see his kit is not tucked. Its in the 02:54 min of the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-34ANY75DA

I dunno if you pasted the wrong url or something but that is definitely not a PES2008 clip.

darren bent was playing Pro evo2008 on skusports today... looked like some promotional thing from a store in london somewhere.

surely the ps3 must have the same control issues as its two rear buttons are also triggers? or did i miss something?

surely the ps3 must have the same control issues as its two rear buttons are also triggers? or did i miss something?

Difference is the triggers are the primary should buttons on 360, holding LB and RB gets a little uncomfortable after a while, whereas L1 and R1 are the primary buttons on PS3, it's holding R2 and L2 which gets a bit uncomfortable after a while.

That's only useful if you don't use L2/R2, though, otherwise you end up with those functions on the top buttons, which messes with your brain. Particularly if you then revert back to the PlayStation versions for any reason...

The 360 controller is alien to begin with if you're used to years of PS PESing but you get used to it. CW's control issues are more likely to be related to his big clumsy hands though.

Any news on whether or not you can download other people's OF's? Would absolutely suck if you couldn't.

You sure can, in PES6 on 360 the shoulder buttons were the change player and run buttons, so I had to switch them to the shoulder triggers.

YEA thats what i did in the old one. i just switched the butttons has i felt more comfertable like that. after all im use to using the right trigger button has an acceleration for racing games so in pes6 its common to use that to enable the player to move fast

i pretty used to the 360's default for pro evo, even though i used to play load of Pro on the playstation. running with RB was fine in the last version. unless konami mess the controls up deliberately on the 360 version, i see no reason to switch to the PS3 version. i'll get the PS3 version when the PS3 cam comes out. i want to photo the man utd emblem and put it on the kit. :D

Anyone else so underwhelemed by Pro Evo this year. Seem all the videos and it doesnt look like much improvement over last year. I've always prefered Pro Evo to Fifa, but this year looks like the year I will be switching to Fifa. Fifa looks far more realistic speed wise than the pinball football on this years Pro Evo.

^Slightly underwhelmed yes. It does look as though its PES6 with a few tweaks and extra stuff missing from last year has been re-added. Hopefully it wont be but no one has said "TeamVision is awesome and you can really see it working"... or "The game seems to be non-scripted and non CPU Orientated anymore" which is a concern.

^Slightly underwhelmed yes. It does look as though its PES6 with a few tweaks and extra stuff missing from last year has been re-added. Hopefully it wont be but no one has said "TeamVision is awesome and you can really see it working"... or "The game seems to be non-scripted and non CPU Orientated anymore" which is a concern.

Haven't seen anything of the Teamvision working for opposing teams.

Seen alot of it working for your CPU controlled team mates, especially the runs they make for you.

Very good question. Anyone know the answer to this?

Sorry but I don't have an answer but there are some discussion on another site I've been on and there are some hope..

This is for the PES6 OF witch was distributed a while ago. I got hold of an early one and stayed clear of the banned ones, so while some would get a message that the save was corrupt, mine was still good..

This is what's happend so far, and MS will most certainly do tighten up the control of gamesaves uploaded to gamesave sites in the future and ban those saves...

My last post on the other site:

"MS checked out gamesaves and their ConsoleID on different sites, and banned the transfer priviligies to those who had uploaded saves to these sites.. So if you downloaded a certain file with a tagged ConsoleID, your OF would come out corrupted....

But it seems like a nice theory that you, when not connected to LIVE, could edit the OF you transferred to your own 360, and then it will be inprinted with your ConsoleID, or is the ConsoleID from the source also in anyway registered onto the save?

I thought the banning was related to the "ConsoleID" and not to the gamertag? So if the new OF was distributed (via email perhaps) and from a source witch is not banned yet, the OF file would not be detected as corrupt?

Anyone who could shed som light on this??"

Its a big shame if we cant share option files. Its one of the best parts of the PES community. If MS stop us from doing that then I for one wont be best pleased!

Did Konami actually bump Riot off for posting those images? Haven't heard from him since! His site doesn't seem to have covered Pro Evo once since! Surely he must be allowed to post things about it now! It's out in a month

Back
Top Bottom