PES 2008 (Xbox 360) - Official Topic

In fairness they'd be great additions, but should only have been added after everything else is sorted.

You see these shots and then behind them it says "P" instead of "£", "conditions for GAME OVER" etc. and you just think... What the hell are you doing Konami...

hmm looks interesting, but I agree with Jack, the whole 'game over' thing is ridiculous. How about just getting sacked, with the option to apply for other jobs that become available? It would be so easy to do.

Don't even get me started on Points v £'ss

Peter Eyres good post! Im pissed off with "Game Over" and thats it.... having to start all over again in 2007 with another new team rather than being sacked at the end of the 2007 season and being employed by another team in 2008... the only way you should be completely out of the game is if your reputation level reaches Sub Zero :)

Peter Eyres good post! Im pissed off with "Game Over" and thats it.... having to start all over again in 2007 with another new team rather than being sacked at the end of the 2007 season and being employed by another team in 2008... the only way you should be completely out of the game is if your reputation level reaches Sub Zero :)

"GAME OVER" It's probably been said before but it turns what is supposed to be a football simulation into an arcade game. Something along the lines of Football Manager would be great, obviously without the depth. This is where EA score for me, not that I would go over to the dark side!

on a serious note fella's, i own a 360..is the ps3 a superior console?

It has better specs but it's harder to code for. Programmers are still scratching there heads on how to program games for the PS3.

A good example is how Madden for the X-Box 360 is 60 FPS while it's 30 FPS for the PS3.

and for grand theft auto 4. The developers have quoted if you want the full experience then you will need the xbox

and for grand theft auto 4. The developers have quoted if you want the full experience then you will need the xbox

Errr......due to content thast all not how the game looked or played

Madden was poorly done. Fifa will be 60fps on both machines.

im just quoting what the developer said if you want the best experience for GT4 then you need an xbox 360. I dont know if its framrate, visuals or whatever. If I buy a game and this is one of the very few i will buy then i want the best version.

im just quoting what the developer said if you want the best experience for GT4 then you need an xbox 360. I dont know if its framrate, visuals or whatever. If I buy a game and this is one of the very few i will buy then i want the best version.

Hitmanuk, Microsoft paid £50 million for episodic content, that's what the guy meant.

I found a hands on preview but its for the ps2 verson. check the thread(playstation)I have heard we will get some info this week on the forum.

I found a hands on preview but its for the ps2 verson. check the thread(playstation)I have heard we will get some info this week on the forum.

The game will finally be played by a small number of people on this forum, in Germany.

Check out WENB for the latest.

theres a hands on 360 preview over at ign.com

This seems very positive.....what do we know about IGN's 'impartiality'?

being a West ham fan, booing your own team is very impotant to me so that looks fun, and the dive function could be inspired if it's done right - no more frustration at being baulked by their full back as you push the ball to the by line and try to burn past him....

This seems very positive.....what do we know about IGN's 'impartiality'?
QUOTE]

They are basically game journalists with no axe to grind, if the game was below par, they'd tell you.

Thnx Lionel.

IGN and the spanish mag review in the Winning 11 next gen thread both seem very keen on the Ai and 'adapatability' of the AI...... with the edit mode, and some seemingly big advances in gameplay on 360, I'm getting quite excited......

OK I hold my hands up in here!

The 360 version looks just as good, if not better, in the early videos and proper screenshots than the sony next gen.

-I just sold my 360

-and bought a PS3

-but I prefer the controllers

So there we go :)

Actually IGN are pes fanboys.......

In their reviews they neglect to mention teams being removed while at the same time saying team x,y,z has now been added. Theyre arent very critical at all.

Anyone know if they intend to fix the offside shenanigans.....

More specifically players running back from offside positions / players not interfering with play and still being penalised.

My other main gripe was the totally useless quick free kick.... what use is it if it resets all the CPU players in front of you again!? Quite retarded that.

Oh and the CPU fouling FOR you.... GRR :)

Consensus from the Games Convention at Leipzig is that the 360 version is currently looking a lot better then the PS3 version. I would think the PS3 version will be polished to a more equal state by the time of release, but it's interesting that this is the case right now none the less. Yet another games development drags on the PS3! I didn't think the problematic PS3 architecture would hinder developers that much.

Consensus from the Games Convention at Leipzig is that the 360 version is currently looking a lot better then the PS3 version. I would think the PS3 version will be polished to a more equal state by the time of release, but it's interesting that this is the case right now none the less. Yet another games development drags on the PS3! I didn't think the problematic PS3 architecture would hinder developers that much.

It can't be just the architecture, they HAVE had about a year longer to dev on the 360 so they must have a few workarounds they have't figured out on the PS3.

And all the WENB boys said about the difference was that the PS3 version looked more washed out, that's not a big issue, I had to tone the bright 360 colours down on my tv for PES6 to make it look less unrealistic.

I'm just glad the 360 version is at least comparable, means I don't have to buy a PS3 !

look svery good!! super sharp! its just it feels like the men are so heavy.
gameplay is a bit slow huh?

i just watched fifa08 skills. and i got :(- ihope konami brings us some skills!

Back
Top Bottom