PES 2008 (PS2) - Official Topic

Uhm when can we play this game online, because i cant connect?
I must wait till thursday i guess;)

and it has no use to upload ps3 movies
the next gen version is very different of the ps2 version
konami has lied to that all the versions are all the same

I've heard some nasty rumours, and I hope they aren't true.
Otherwise pes6 will still be glued inside my ps2.

Uhm when can we play this game online, because i cant connect?
I must wait till thursday i guess;)

and it has no use to upload ps3 movies
the next gen version is very different of the ps2 version
konami has lied to that all the versions are all the same

Which is better though?
Forget diving, and adding more players to a wall.
All i want to know is which version is better gameplay wise,.
Both PS2 and PS3 versions sound like fast, arcade goal fests.

And Di Canio :)

But tricks alone don't make the game better, i could point to the world tour mode and more editing and stadia on PS2.
But that doesn't add anything good to gameplay for me.

Di Canio ok but Boksic Signori Casiraghi :) i played sensible soccer 95-96 :D ;;p I mean trick added somthing new in the game some 1 one one dribling new situations etc.
sorry my english is no good ;)

<irony>

Online is such a wonderful experience in PES 2008. KONAMI even implemented new features such as the new 2vs2 online mode. Now you can play online against the CPU with someone else. :applause: How great is that ? No more boring group matches or friendly 2vs2 matches for fun against human opponents. Isn't that great ? \\:o/ I guess everyone has waited for that particular new feature we now can all appreciate.

But what happened to groups, you might ask ?

I got the answer right here ...

THEY ARE STILL THERE !

But wait a minute ... if you can't play group matches anymore, what's the purpose then anyway ?

Well, it seems that KONAMI forgot to kick them out of the game because they were probably busy taking care of the nextgen versions.

Online in PES 2008 is almost exactly like online in PES 6. Except 2vs2. But isn't that great ?

Thanks for this beautiful version of PES 2008, KONAMI :applause:

</irony>

Last edited:
i heard u can play with a friend online, on the same team,but against the comp:S

maybe this is a clue that 2v2 will be available in an update soon?

<irony>

Online is such a wonderful experience in PES 2008. KONAMI even implemented new features such as the new 2vs2 online mode. Now you can play online against the CPU with someone else. :applause: How great is that ? No more boring group matches or friendly 2vs2 matches for fun against human opponents. Isn't that great ? \\:o/ I guess everyone has waited for that particular new feature we now can all appreciate.

But what happened to groups, you might ask ?

I got the answer right here ...

THEY ARE STILL THERE !

But wait a minute ... if you can't play group matches anymore, what's the purpose then anyway ?

Well, it seems that KONAMI forgot to kick them out of the game because they were probably busy taking care of the nextgen versions.

Online in PES 2008 is almost exactly like online in PES 6. Except 2vs2. But isn't that great ?

Thanks for this beautiful version of PES 2008, KONAMI :applause:

</irony>

If youd have seen the next gen versions I doubt you would think that Konami spent much time on them either I reckon they are all sitting there with their C code for dummies book trying to look at adding another division to the Database....

Peoples, I thought PES6 was unplayable, way too arcadish and nothing like the beautiful Konami football series we all loved. No challange, empty goals, 40 meter passes and gapoing holes between midfielders and defense, which made for easy easy passes into dangerous areas.

Nothing like real football, fcuk the tricks and moves etc. Real fans know this is showboating only and gameplay is most important. PES6 failed in gameplay, it was a complete disaster for Konami IMO. Played it twice last year, never picked it up again.

My review of PES6 would be 2/10 for gameplay.

Given that, should I bother with PES2008? Or stick WE10, the last playable version, albeight huge flaws also (too easy to evade a defender by sidestepping etc.)

I need a challanging game, something with a sense of acheivment when you score and varied ways of breaking down defenses. Not gimmicks, boots (?!), special hairstyles (!?), editable bullcrap. That all doesn't matter, it's nice, but really, who gives a fcuk if everyone's shoes are adidas black or whatever?

Is it worth me getting it given my PES6 gripes?

theCRO: Then no don't bother, forget about it. It's almost the same game, Konami is way off now.
PES6 was the last PES game I will buy until I start to see some decent improvements (And I did buy all of them since first Winning Eleven on PS1). So this year no PES for me, tried PES2008 and felt just about a tweaked version of PES6... are they joking?
I won't even go into the slowdowns in the PS3 version...

It's sad but it seems Konami and mister stubborn Seabass are managing to destroy PES for good. And what is typical, they just saw that they screwed up big time with PES2008 and already started announcing incredible new features and a totally new game for PES2009! Yeah right... didn't I hear that before? Start listening to the fanbase mr.Seabass and you might save PES from dying.

I will get back to Sensible World of Soccer now...

I just played it SSJ, to add to my gripes, ball conytol is also ridiculous and getting out of a tight space is not rewarding, but rather awkward and flukey leaving you feeling..well, empty.

Another disaster..what a shame. A graphis upgrade of the brilliant WE6FE with a few bug fixes would be football heaven, not this crap.

oh, i thought community mode is for online gaming
so, thank you

Oh my god! No man, community mode is the very best addition made to the game IMO! It's not memorial matches, it´s not online gaming!

Community is the mode all the people that plays with their friends at home where waiting for! You should enter a profile from 2 up to 16 players (names and zodiac, lol). Then you choose what to play, individual games, 2 vs 2, etc. You can even rotate gamers, it´s not fix, no matter for what team you are playing, the game makes statistics based on your own gameplay (goals, assistance, matches won, etc) and by the end of the night... everybody knows who is the king of the PES night! You can view statistics every time you end a match, so as to see the progress of each individual player ! This is really great! An addition that was very commented but never implemented before! Thank you Seabass for this one!

Everybody talks and talks, but nobody takes the time to look the game quietly... Man, I should say the game has a different gameplay from PES6, in fact i liked PES6 and now I enjoy the playing PES2008 (though it has no new tricks) the gameplay feels totally different, that makes it a new challenge. I don't understand people who says is the same game as PES6 (they must be looking only graphics or animations, maybe the cutscenes, dunno..)Do you want something different? Maybe you should try FIFA (great animations, player stats and formations, perfect roosters, a lot a tricks,etc). Personally i like PES2008 very much. Please give it a try, take your time.

Cheers.

RAG74

just got the game today on the ps2!

just played two games so far and i have to say that the game feels great..

passing is more accurate and shooting is not bad as ...

cant wait to play the hell out of it tonight!!

Hello Everyone. My Review so far.

Played pes2008 yerterday all day and saw the difference between pe6+weprevo2007 i must say game play is much better. Passing, crossing, shooting and dribbling is amazing. I even liked new menu style especially community mode where you can play with your freinds and keep record of who won how many games etc. It almost seemed like a dream then i wanted to discover what new skills they have went to evo-web forum searched for new skills new c.ronaldo skill or Zidane skill what ever you call it tried that didn't work, tried diving didn't work after that i quited training and went to master league to see if there is player interview thing they told us they will have for ps2 and other consoles but no they didn't have that either. I now very angry apart from gameplay and community mode i don't like anything whole point of getting this game was to try new skills and better masterleague mode i am not impressed with that. Unless someone here tried doing C.ronaldo skill and diving and it worked. I am keep my fingers crossed for good news please Konami you must have new skills in the game other than new dragback skill.

Sorry for long essag and poor english.

my review 7/10 only because of game play.

Sorry if this is elsewhere but what extra club teams are there in this version ? And also what about kit editing ? Are there new umbro / adidas / puma templates for example ? For example the adidas style of Newcastles away kit, can you do that ?

Must admit comments I've read here about the game do not sound favourable at all.

Cheers,

Scozza.

dear pes 2008 ps2 player

when i play the community mode against friends
he doesnt remember player settings (manual not auto ;) and options like 10 min, top player, stadium, ball type

:s how could this be

because a normal exhibition match he remembers everything

everytime when a community mode match starts i must load the player settings. very irritating?

Back
Top Bottom